Any good regens on FM09?

Sean Poe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought this guy from Shenhua (Chinese team I believe) for 2.1 Million, absolute steal. Hes already pushing Chielinni out of his CB position. I tend to play him right back because his jumping is kind of low, but i'm working on that. Solid as a rock at both RB and CB.

zhenghaovu4.jpg

WTF, four caps already. :eek:

@Mitch: Regens generated players which come after the real players and appear in the u18s of clubs. :)

ah i see, thankyou :-) i'm guessing the best ones will be from your man u's, barca's milan's etc? im stafford rangers lol :D

nick1018

To quote another user and save me time on typing, see below:

I scout the National squads every August / September, noteably the Under 18's / 21's. I also always check the big clubs youth squads, such as: Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, A.C. Milan, Villareal (etc) and sort them by value, you'll tend to find the computer automatically gives a very good/excellent youth players a high value and a future professional contract.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What filters do people use to find regens? On a new season, I wait about 2 months for them to get noticed, then either filter age <17 and desirable attributes, value, or called up for the national team.

I just manually check, go through clubs u18 when that countries newgen date has arrived. :thup:

Roaming scouts as-well have picked up newgens for me too.

• 2 weeks later...

BoyBetterKnowTank I tend to just get fantastic scouts and get them routinely scouting all major european competitions, that's produced some good results for me.

But here's one I found myself using the search filter, I haven't bought him, because At. Madrid don't want to sell him, and do you blame them?

trodriguezruiz0710.jpg

Well, I think Appiah goes to most places at the start of the game, but yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. This is a long shot, but it might work, search 'faceinthegame' in the search bar and then look for any players that are around 20, they are most likely to be quality, cheap and possibly ready to join your club. It might not produce any results, as it's all random, but GL. Post up if you find anyone that way, I'd love to feel helpful.

Probably because you're in your first season and regens tend to be generated at the end of every season. I think your best chance is to loan a premier division reserve team striker and go with them until the end of the season, and look for a more permanent regen striker then.

An option I've just found at the start of the game is Andrius Velicka, who you might be able to get on loan from Rangers. Also, try some of the more obvious targets, like Daniel Sturridge or Manucho, they might not seem fantastic, but they'll do a good job for you. Or you could even try and bring Ched Evans back for a while.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived