[FM20] [FM19] The Great San Marino Challenge

So, in summary, to get started in Serie C with a resurrected San Marino Calcio, you'll need 2 files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y2Vxs9-K7dkXDU4ucZwRBLGKIhnYT91T

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916008410

Activate the San Marino league and Italy to Serie C.  Don't forget you MUST select the "Advanced" option on the database size screen; and then go to nations, San Marino and make sure "load all players of nationality" is ticked or you'll be unable to take control of the National Team.

You can opt to take control of the National Team from the start - or wait - I don't mind.

Or, you can wait for a Serie D database/one where Cattolica is switched out for San Marino Calcio.

Anyone with pre-game editor experience can also put San Marino Calcio into Serie C - either with Cattolica staff/players or empty.

As discussed above, a little contrived this year - but needed to keep the challenge alive!

If you are interested in the hardest version of the challenge - just use the 2nd file above (claassen's San Marino League activated) and take control of a San Marino league team.  You'll probably get into Europe quicker and develop the club perhaps quicker - but players won't develop as well as in the Italian league structure.

Thanks to all for the work to get this off the ground this year!  Good luck and enjoy!

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So....I altered Spezia in an effort to give them Sammarinese regens and look at my first intake! I think this is a success! For reference the second screeenshot is the club details after I edited them. I also changed the ground to the San Marino Stadium.

20191120163914_1.thumb.jpg.44e171346eeb6f68050c40a3d0514e44.jpg20191120164549_1.thumb.jpg.09d324d016ee0ad855f17e9ac1971fe2.jpg

1 minute ago, parkin90 said:

So....I altered Spezia in an effort to give them Sammarinese regens and look at my first intake! I think this is a success! For reference the second screeenshot is the club details after I edited them. I also changed the ground to the San Marino Stadium.

20191120163914_1.thumb.jpg.44e171346eeb6f68050c40a3d0514e44.jpg20191120164549_1.thumb.jpg.09d324d016ee0ad855f17e9ac1971fe2.jpg

Crap I uploaded the wrong screenshot.......however all of them are either Sammarinese or Sammariniese/Italian dual nationals!

1 hour ago, parkin90 said:

That's exactly how I set up Cattolica - so it would seem there is something hard coded there to prevent this - I guess in line with what the Italian researcher told me when the beta first went live.

Edited by duesouth

51 minutes ago, parkin90 said:

I'll test again and update when I try the Serie D database but it does seem possible to give any team in Italy Sammarinese regens. Trying again with a few random lower league teams now

Have you tried with Cattolica ?

I can now consistently get Sammarinese regens at Italian clubs and am running a test with custom database that hopefully should give the right regens at Cattolica. Will update again when complete but this will likely be in the morning.

49 minutes ago, parkin90 said:

Sadly my first test failed to produce regens for CC San Marino I'll try a few tweaks after work and report back :( the serie d database works fine however so I might just switch SM Calcio in instead of another team perhaps. 

Thanks for trying.  I was looking at Croatia Berlin in the editor, who are in Germany but produce Croatian nationality youth intakes - but I couldn't see anything outside of what I tried with Cattolica.  Thinking of my convo on here with the Italian Co-Head Researcher, who was a Calcio fan, he said the database had been set on purpose so CCSM produces Italian intakes to mirror real life.  I'm thinking it might be coded to do that - but not with a field that's in the editor.  Hopefully your tweaks will work, but if not it will be SM Calcio coming back from the dead!

Actually, I'm thinking the way I'll go will be to wait on claassen's database, switch Cattolica with San Marino Calcio, but leave the club empty and build it from scratch.  Seems to add an allbeit contrived twist to the challenge!  For sure, we can accept various starting points this year, as it's hard enough to get the challenge off the ground - let alone win a World Cup!

In the meantime, I might start a San Marino League save tonight, just to give me something to do as my beta save was more me throwing things at the game to break it and reporting bugs.

I admit one of the main reasons I bought FM 20 was to once again attempt this challenge and eventually use the new request B team feature to have a San Marino B in serie B in addition to senior squad. Now I realise that San Marino Calcio is defunct, Cattolica don't produce SM regens and requesting a B team is apparently impossible in Italy :seagull:

As much as I don't like using the editor (as I'm terrible at that) my plan is now  to resurrect San Marino Calcio, placing them straight in Serie B and creating their B team in Serie C!

So I've amended San Marino to be CC San Marino in game and it works with producing regens for the national side as well. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1917811437

The Serie D database i'll be using can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1917786963

This is as good as I can do with my editor skills so feel free to Improve on it!

10 hours ago, parkin90 said:

So I've amended San Marino to be CC San Marino in game and it works with producing regens for the national side as well. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1917811437

The Serie D database i'll be using can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1917786963

This is as good as I can do with my editor skills so feel free to Improve on it!

Thanks for your work on this (and your friend for the Serie D database).  I'll update the OP with the links.

So, just to recap - this year we'll accept playing as either Cattolica Calcio San Marino as in this file - or as San Marino Calcio, either with Cattolica's squad - or empty.

9 hours ago, HibeeRyan said:

Only my third game in charge of the national team and we've only gone and beat Kazahstan!!!

image.thumb.png.dc872082043521034cd67da826d043f8.png

The first person to tick off an achievement - well played! :applause:  Page 1 updated!

10 minutes ago, boroinbishop said:

I found that using the first post alone in the OP doesn't allow you to play in Serie D, i'm assuming we are to use that one alongside the Serie D link in the second post, i'm going to try that now and see how i get on

Will change the OP to reflect you need to use the file with the Serie D database.

2 hours ago, parkin90 said:

Looks like Kazakhstan are the whipping boys! We'll ignore the two 11-0 defeats I've suffered elsewhere.....

20191123084845_1.thumb.jpg.3ccbcf853dd054b53e8929ccb06f8cf8.jpg

I've got the game coming up - feeling a little pressure now... ;)

San Giovanni 2019/2020 Update Part 1

I took over San Giovanni - I was thinking about a youth only challenge, but they didn't have enough players to get me through a season, so that went out of the window.  They had more than 11 foreign players - mostly Italian - so I got rid of a few and then signed a bunch of free agents.  Playing a basic direct 4-1-4-1, the results in Group B were surprisingly good - and we managed to win it.  We're also 3-0 up from the 1st leg of the Cup (away leg first), so hopefully moving on there.  My top scorer has been Marco Ugolini, who is playing on his own up top - and has 7 goals.  His backup, Andrea Moroni, has 3.  I would expect teams to adjust to us if we keep winning, but for now, so far, so good.

I'm going to keep an eye on the database as I have a concern, but I'll report back after the season.

1381390834_SanGioGroupB20192020.thumb.jpg.49254438f5523e0171d05099c33e02f4.jpg

Im starting with C. C. San Marino now.
But i have one question - right at the beginning Mario Merlonghi switched nationality to sanmarinese.... must be a kind of bug? Is it okay to use him in the national squad? :idiot:

EDIT: More and more of the players from C.C.S.S. are switching nationality now.......:eek:

Edited by FoxGe1994

I won Serie D, but the gulf in class between there and Serie C seems insurmountable. I’ve got the best part of nothing to spend, and the only players we seem to be able to attract are only as good, if not worse, than we currently have. I’m not looking forward to it at all. 

I'd say it's a little important. Although the ability of these players is low it adds depth, cant you activate the league in your database after downloading a mod? Also serie c is bloody tough I've made 23 signings all of them either loans or free transfers, I've just signed anyone who looked promising and hope it sticks!

Have you had any good youth prospects come through?

On 19/11/2019 at 13:57, duesouth said:

I did a dual Calcio and San Giovanni save in FM19 - got to Serie A with Calcio and the Europa League group stages with San Giovanni.  Could have kept going I suppose, but got excited by FM20!  I can see the development centre being a good tool for this challenge, that's for sure.

Claassen's league packs is a WIP - his work is brilliant, so I'm going to wait on him and then try to edit to allow a mostly Sammarinese intake, or even bring back Calcio from the dead.  Will have a play in the editor tonight - never used it before - so hopefully it's idiot proof :lol:

I did in the fm18 save I'm still clinging too where i beat bayern 1-0 with juvenus dogana

I've had to start again the Italian Serie D database I had loaded seemed to mess up the finances of many clubs in serie C and D, so I've loaded up a new save but with a different lower league database but haven't press continue as yet, reading what everyone is saying here it might be better to remain patient and wait for Classen's database

I don't know how long claassen's will take to appear.  I found an issue with the San Marino League, in that some other teams (not all) didn't register their players.  Apparently it's an FM/editor issue as other authors had issues also - and the AI does sort itself out at the winter break reg window - but not sure how easy the editor is this year.

7 hours ago, parkin90 said:

I'd say it's a little important. Although the ability of these players is low it adds depth, cant you activate the league in your database after downloading a mod? Also serie c is bloody tough I've made 23 signings all of them either loans or free transfers, I've just signed anyone who looked promising and hope it sticks!

Have you had any good youth prospects come through?

I’ve restarted. I’ve also given them their proper stadium, it’s a clone of SMS but renamed and correct capacity, and still in Seravalle because I didn’t know if that would affect the regens nationality. I kept the expansion size the same. 

Adding databases in-game can’t be done unfortunately. 

I didn’t have any decent youth really, I started with a half decent keeper who was my number one for club and country, though not great on paper, he did serve up 17 league clean sheets. 

Managed to get promoted from Serie D first season, quite a walk in the park, managed it with 4 games spare, however, a lot of loans signings and free transfers  that aren't going to cut it in serie C, hoping to survive and push on next season, the 710k TV money this year will certainly help.

47 minutes ago, boroinbishop said:

Managed to get promoted from Serie D first season, quite a walk in the park, managed it with 4 games spare, however, a lot of loans signings and free transfers  that aren't going to cut it in serie C, hoping to survive and push on next season, the 710k TV money this year will certainly help.

Congrats. It was relatively easy for me, until we lost form in the last few games, lost to second place in the penultimate game so needed a win on the last day to win it!

I’ve now restarted, there were a few things I weren’t happy with in my old file - not having Sammarinese leagues active, the incorrect stadium name and capacity, and my manager ‘managed clubs’ linked to the old CC San Marino for some reason, which was a tiny, insignificant detail, but it still really p***ed me off. So I duplicated San Marino Calcio, took all the Cattolica players and staff, and made that club back into AC Cattolica and made them extinct. I duplicated the San Marino Stadium, renamed it Stadio Guiliano Calbi and set capacity to 1072, with the old SMS expansion capacity set the same and still council owned. 

On the restart, we got a decent looking AMC/ST who is good enough to start for club and country at 16 years old. :)

9 hours ago, boroinbishop said:

Throw a screenshot on - and I'll update the achievements on the first page :)