What pitch size is best for Tiki Taka possession play and why??

There are pros and cons to the different pitch size dimensions but I would probably say a small size since it allows for efficient pressing and ideally the players are still good enough to create space within this. I'd say it's a very, very small factor in the overall success of a tactic and should be one of the last things you're considering really when looking at the overall picture

The bigger the pitch the more space each player will have, making it easier to find passing options and create chances when you're shifting the ball patiently from side to side.

Smaller pitches suit defensive teams as it's easier to restrict spaces. You then have more reliance on set pieces and counter attacks to create your goalscoring opportunities.

The only time you should use a small pitch is if you're a defensive team who is looking to be hard to beat at home and get as many points as possible to ensure you dont get relegated etc.

Bare in mind you are the home team whenever you play on your own pitch, so you should really be playing attacking and looking to win, which means a larger pitch will be easier to find space... unless you are a newly promoted team who is going to be one of the worst teams in the league, then in that case i might use the smallest pitch possible and make my home games a fortress.

Edited by MagicHat