Newly Discovered Planet [FM 20][Massive WIP]

While flying on a recent mission, astronauts discovered a planet inhabited by human like creatures. After finding this planet current governments decided to attempt colonization of this planet. Attempts to colonize were met with extreme hostility. After days of conflict a severe storm passed through, enforcing an environmental ceasefire. Upon conclusion of this storm scientists and psychologist were successful in communicating with these creatures using symbolic images. At the present time there is an uneasy peace in place. This peace should be stable as long as we stick to our permitted zones. In the future we will need to improve diplomatic relations and communications with these creatures if we are to succeed in this foreign environment. It appears they play a sport very similar to football, and this should be used as a common ground to build upon. They appear to have different applications of many rules, and a wide variety of systems seem to exist on this planet. At this time we consider it is essential to research these systems over the coming months to enable integration of our very own football culture to improve diplomacy. At the time our cartographers have drawn this crude map showing a 2D image of the globe.

image.thumb.png.a0c4a2759409ba9ed23e17d6924d7a3d.png

As of now we have no further information to report, but we will update you as more information is known about their footballing system, and world in general. Keep your eyes open for any updates in the coming months and years!

Research Update (July 4): Out cartographers have managed to map out more of the water features of this mysterious planet. Using advanced technology we have also been able to plot the location of several major foreign cities, in addition to the known location of our own three major settlements. Below is an update map showing off these new discoveries. Expect more locations as they become known!

1650940543_3D2020AI.thumb.png.eab1a3f3c0ea1835f6a92feaeb9aeb1a.png

3 hours ago, Mathens said:

While flying on a recent mission, astronauts discovered a planet inhabited by human like creatures. After finding this planet current governments decided to attempt colonization of this planet. Attempts to colonize were met with extreme hostility. After days of conflict a severe storm passed through, enforcing an environmental ceasefire. Upon conclusion of this storm scientists and psychologist were successful in communicating with these creatures using symbolic images. At the present time there is an uneasy peace in place. This peace should be stable as long as we stick to our permitted zones. In the future we will need to improve diplomatic relations and communications with these creatures if we are to succeed in this foreign environment. It appears they play a sport very similar to football, and this should be used as a common ground to build upon. They appear to have different applications of many rules, and a wide variety of systems seem to exist on this planet. At this time we consider it is essential to research these systems over the coming months to enable integration of our very own football culture to improve diplomacy. At the time our cartographers have drawn this crude map showing a 2D image of the globe.

image.thumb.png.a0c4a2759409ba9ed23e17d6924d7a3d.png

As of now we have no further information to report, but we will update you as more information is known about their footballing system, and world in general. Keep your eyes open for any updates in the coming months and years!

This seems like a great idea for an Fm20 save, a new world with different domestic leagues and Cup and even a new World Cup with New Countries.

Great idea! I imagine Drakathorns look like Dothraki and their hordes conquering the seven kingdoms. ****ing Northern Krastans must pay their debt!

Research Update (July 4): Out cartographers have managed to map out more of the water features of this mysterious planet. Using advanced technology we have also been able to plot the location of several major foreign cities, in addition to the known location of our own three major settlements. Below is an update map showing off these new discoveries. Expect more locations as they become known!

1650940543_3D2020AI.thumb.png.eab1a3f3c0ea1835f6a92feaeb9aeb1a.png

Playing in someone's original world appears rather unattractive, there is no point of reference.

I prefer databases that offer new, interesting arrangements of existing nations (like grouping several into one, or splitting a nation into regions).

Well geez man if you don’t like the idea just don’t download the file when it’s complete. No need to rip into his work.

Also, says who that a completely new world isn’t interesting?

4 hours ago, valve said:

Playing in someone's original world appears rather unattractive, there is no point of reference.

I prefer databases that offer new, interesting arrangements of existing nations (like grouping several into one, or splitting a nation into regions).

I completely understand your point. I know many people will not enjoy this as much as a traditional save. I am making this project to give a completely clean slate to work with. The goal is to create a unique world with a footballing culture very different to our current system, involving league systems with rules quite different to tradition.  I figured if I am making it for myself anyways I might as well upload it and build a story around it as well, with the hope that a few people will enjoy it.

7 hours ago, OspreyJ said:

@Mathens I see you added in cities, could you make the names of them a little bigger? I can barely read the labels.

I am currently adding in additional cities. Once I have finished I am planning to overlay this map on a zoom-able globe. At that point I will also attempt to make a better zoom in 2D map.  Unfortunately, I will only be able to make major cities bigger as I plan on having many many cities which would require too much space at a larger font size.

23 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Good luck with this endeavor. Seems like a massive job, so curious how you are going to do it. Start from scratch or change existing nations?

I will be starting from scratch. It is a large undertaking, I just hope it is actually possible in the editor.

Hey I’m sorry I didn’t think of this sooner but I actually have a database where I deleted all the normal cities, clubs, people, etc. Basically anything that can be deleted. If you haven’t already done all that I can post it on here

On 14/07/2019 at 14:41, OspreyJ said:

Hey I’m sorry I didn’t think of this sooner but I actually have a database where I deleted all the normal cities, clubs, people, etc. Basically anything that can be deleted. If you haven’t already done all that I can post it on here

Thanks for that. I had already done that before my first post but I appreciate the offer.

Archived