Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.

first time round it finished installing and came up installation complete but there are errors or something like that. anyway started the game up fine, everything was working until i came to my first match, the game then froze when i clicked submit team. so i tried to restart it but could not, the disc would come up in my disk drive but would not run. eventually i figured out how to uninstall the game then i reinstalled it.

it came up with installation complete but with errors again, however this time it will not run.

can some please help with this problem?

thats my problem, i dont know why i couldnt download the patch

i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.

first time round it finished installing and came up installation complete but there are errors or something like that. anyway started the game up fine, everything was working until i came to my first match, the game then froze when i clicked submit team. so i tried to restart it but could not, the disc would come up in my disk drive but would not run. eventually i figured out how to uninstall the game then i reinstalled it.

it came up with installation complete but with errors again, however this time it will not run.

can some please help with this problem?

thats my problem, i dont know why i couldnt download the patch

Unusual - drop me a PM with your email address please.

This may sound like a stupid question, but i bought the game through steam, do i still have to activate it? Because when i go to activate it, it says it's an invalid key. However the game is running.the reason i'm asking is cos if i can't activate through steam will it still update automatically?

And if it has been activated would it say it's invalid?

im still getting the " no internect connection " bullcrap when i try and enter the activation code... and when i try to enter it via that program that you've set up all i get is an error box.

can't you just switch of this activation code? or put out a batch without it? it seems such a silly thing to have done, when right now people who have a pirate copy will probs be playing it? major letdown.

• SI Staff
Ive answered the questions above. the only thing i have noticed is when i try to run the dotnetfx.exe in the directx folder it says "SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE BECAUSE THE VERSION OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH A PREVIOOUS INSTALLED ONE. FOR MORE INFO SEE HTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/SUPPORT/KB/ARTICLES/Q312/5/00.ASP"

This error just means that you already have .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 installed, so installing the earlier .NET Framework 2.0 (non-SP1) it tells you that your .NET 2.0 is already newer than what you are trying to install.

When i RC the only tabs that come up are General, Version, Compatability and Summary

If you can't see a 'Security' tab in the file 'Properties' dialog you must be running Home or Home Premium. Can you try to boot into safe mode and try to patch from there to see if it works? You shouldn't need to, many users are using Home Edition and can patch just fine, but there may be some security setting on your system that causes this access error.

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM and they will do their best to help!

What it dosnt say is what to do if your problem is Error 1003 and you have tried the keychecker and if that fails then what? becouse that has happend to me.

Hey guys. My mate (who is having problems with Sega Pass verification e-mail) - has asked me to ask if you could help him. He FINALLY got the game working, but for some reason, he has no FM09 Files. So and DDT files, skins, DB's etc etc. Any idea what happened, or how he gets his folders back? Thanks.

I have just this minute got mine workin, or at least the keycode been accepted through steam though ffs acepted at last mind. Now i actuely know the keycode do you think i should reinstall it without goin through steam? or would that risk messing it up totally? i feel for the people who aint got theres working i bought mine at 10am friday morning! good luck and il try and help as much as i can.

• SI Staff
I have the digital download version from steam and was getting error -51. tried phone but just crashed after entering 3rd auth code. Now tried online and got error -1007?

Put a call into support and they should be able to help you.

• SI Staff
im still getting the " no internect connection " bullcrap when i try and enter the activation code... and when i try to enter it via that program that you've set up all i get is an error box.

can't you just switch of this activation code? or put out a batch without it? it seems such a silly thing to have done, when right now people who have a pirate copy will probs be playing it? major letdown.

See my post above. Support is the best option for you now.

Hi, regarding the no connection problem, have tried using the activate vbs download and all i get after entering my (checked correct) code is a windows script host error ,

Error: system cannot find file specified

Code : 80070002

Source: (null)

so er in plain english please, whats next?

ps have installed patch, already done the certificate removal/reboot thing etc. am using uniloc not steam that was a nightmare!!!

just spotted msg 1366, looks like my prob too, if so , who is support and whats the number, fingers crossed its a free one!

thanks

I still have that problem with the game freezing when I click submit team, but now it's also happening when I go to fixtures, and click on one of the past results ... I installed that SDK, but either I don't know how to use, or it's just not working ... I don't have enough pacience to read 14 pages here, and to try to find the answer ...who can help me ? please, I'm playing the manager sincer it was named CM, and I wouldn't really like to quit it now just because of a stupid bug / error.

i have a macbook processor 2GHz Intel core 2 duo memory 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

version 10.5.5 on OS X with macintosh HD, everything works fine until i try and start a match with the 3D engine. This then freezes my computer and i cant do anything. How can i stop this/ is there a mac patch coming out. ??

Right now problem is pretty strange and I had fixed it and now Ive broken it again!!

I was able to launch the game play fine, I wanted to play in Windowed mode so Id change it to that and it launched fine the second and third time! However time four Id get fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, used a fix I found early on saying -- reset_preferences which was fine and I could then launch and change back to windowed. However this became slightly annoying so I tried the work round were you add - small_screen_windowed (or similar) and now even reset preferences wont change this back! Ive tried reinstalling but its still stuck in windowed and wont launch!

Can anyone advise me if there are hidden files I need to remove or a particular registry key that tells the game how to launch that needs to be manually removed afterwards to resolve this issue so I can play?

My other options are buy a new laptop or take a day off work to completly re-build my exsisting one! (My 500gb external drive makes this slightly easier!!)

Please Help-

Everytime I'm playing a matchday and I click on TACTICS to make any changes a error pops-up

A seroius error was encountered

and the application will close

I havn't managed to get through a single match yet.

BTW, I have the latest patch and have next gen system spec, so nothing wrong with system being able to play game.

scuse me for my english.

i can't start fm2009.

i install with steam but nothing appens.

i try with uniloc but at the end i read that there are some errors in the installation.

i see the register and find one error; this error: Operazione personalizzata:com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Stato: ERRORE

Note aggiuntive:ERRORE - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

if i try to start the game nothing appens.

if i do a right click with mouse and "do as amministration" (i have vista) open a windows for put the key and i do this. i tell me "wait... autentication".... but nothing appens.

scuse me for english i'm desperate

Well I bought the game and tried to play it but got the error "Fm2009 could not run as facegen was unable to initialize". I then downloaded the patch and it said something about the graphics. Well I then tried to download Directx SDR but when I tried to download it on my computer through my USB (as I don't have the internet at home) it wouldn't load onto it as it looked like it was something to do with the Framework 2.0. Now when I try to open the game up nothing happens and I get no warning. I have tried uninstalling the game and patch and reinstalling but the same happens and nothing happens. Please help!!

When I load the game it asks for the activation key, if i enter it in block capitals the error message comes up saying that the code is already active. If I get it checked by the key lookup and copy and paste it from there then it says the code has been accepted but when I relaunch the game it asks for the code again and the process is repeated... please help

Again i get the same as above ive p.m neilo with email adress, and no response!!! Iv asked for help for times this is beyonde a joke am i going to have to come to your office to get noticed as this has been for days and im realy ****ed off now!! Why dont you just do all your loyal fans a favor and turn off the stupid activation thing!! Please reply toour problems!!! Asap!!!!!

I got the same problem, I can't even finish one month.

The game keeps crashing after I've played a little while.........

Can anyone help?

Ok, I have a strange problem.

Installation and activation was perfect. I played the game all weekeng, absolutely loving it, but just after the end of the first season my save game will not continue. IT KEEPS CRASHING

Everytime I try the game crashes and creates a crash dump.

I have not changed anything, the game was runnig perfectly for almost two days continuously!!! but now it will not go for more than a few days(in game) without crashing.

Any chance of some help.

cheers

Hi again,

I couldn't find a response to this so it thought i'd post it again.

I've started a new game and its running fine but I don't want to get to the end of the first season and have the same problem again, it took me 20 hours to finish the first season. Could it that the save is corrupt or is there a problem when you get to a certain point in the game?

Kev

After reading the other posts about the same error that i'm facing (black screen with flickering L in bottom corner), is there any chance that I can be emailed/pm'd once a solution has been found? I recognise that it'll take a while to test the SIS chipset, and find a solution, but if i could be remembered, and informed, it would be great.

Ta

I was playing FM09 at the weekend and thought it was great, but when i went to play it this morning nothing loads! So i uninstalled it and went to reinstall - nothing happens after the autorun screen appears? I have also looked for any files on my pc, but nothing appears! Please reply as soon as possible. I am using windows vista to play game. Thanks

Hello all...

We have an user that have this problem:

He has problems with the installation of the game. He received this error in the installation register:

ERRORE - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application"

Do you know something about this?? Thanks...

I have downloaded the activator and moved it via memory stick to another computer that I want to play FM on. This computer does not have an internet connection and I am receiving error -10.

Is it possible for this to work without an internet connection?

Can anyone help me please? My DVD drive will not read the FM09 DVD. I'm proper gutted and don't know what to do. I've looked for a DVD drive driver update but i can't find one anywhere? I'm really gutted. My DVD drive is: optiarc dvd rw ad-7530A device. And it runs on vista. Can anybody help me please???

Hi. I am not the most computer literate so please bear with me!

I installed the game on Friday evening ( PC box game on my laptop) which took about an hour to install.

At the end it told me installation was complete but with some errors. (didn't name what the errors were). Anyway the game opened itself to the main menu but before I began a new game I decided to install the patch first.

I got to install the patch to 99% and then it said I didn't have a relevant digital certificate so I installed the Digital DX thing that was recommended to install.

When I put the disc back in again it didn't load automatically and wasn't there as a shortcut on my desktop either. Tried to find the folder to load it from there but the folder was completely empty. Also tried going to "my computer" then "DVD drive" which clearly showed that FM 2009 was in it and right clicked and pressed "autorun or install disk".

Nothing happened?

Please could somebody help or is it a case of me bringing it back to the shop?

Thanks

ONE SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!!!

I had the some problems on Vista. Downloaded game and activated it. Then there was no desktop icon. Went into the DVD drive and click fm2009.exe and nothing happened. I reinserted disk and tried to run and nothing happened.

I searched for FM2009 in search and found nothing. But when I went in "games" section of my PC I found the ICON and it launched.

Hope this helps

Jason

cant play 1st match as it freezes have update graphics card have installed dx sdk have patch 1 on, runing out of things to try, have also uninstalled and re-installed, also on vista, graphics card is niv, 8800 gts, 4gs of mem, intel quard proc... Any help please guys, this is getting very silly.... seems to be lots of people very similar problems......

Thanks Jason,

I'm nearly sure I tried this but I think it was empty. I can see the icon on my start menu but nothing happens when click on it.

My friend has the game aswell but hasn't installed it yet.

Would there be any point in me swapping my game for his and seeing if his loads onto mine and vise versa? (or is there a limit on amount of PC's you load it onto?)

I'm suffering from the freezing of the match engine.

I have a good enough machine and have it on commentary only but it really lags when I want to make subs or tactical changes. It also lags coming back from those changes before the match gets up and running again.

It is really hindering my enjoyment of what looks like a belter of a game. Any tips/ hints to help me along?

Does the windows mode really work? Anyone had any joy?

I Have the game loaded on to my MAC, but I am gutted that it is really unplayable at all. I can't move the positions of the players in the tactics screen manually and the right click function just messes up the game even more. Once you have right clicked you can't click on anything else, until you move the pointer (which turns in to the shirt you have tried to select) over to the bottom left hand corner (weird!!!!). once you have the arrow back it will drop down the menu's but not let you select anything in them so you can't even quit.

I have read throught loads of these posts. But there doesn't seem to be any real reply to the MAC posts. When is the patch coming out and were can I get it when it does.

I have check the install log and everything said successful. On clicking on the short cut i get a "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. we have created a error report bah bah". But no error code

i have followed the .NET framework advise but this has not helped.

This also happened with the demo.

Can anyone help me please? My DVD drive will not read the FM09 DVD. I'm proper gutted and don't know what to do. I've looked for a DVD drive driver update but i can't find one anywhere? I'm really gutted. My DVD drive is: optiarc dvd rw ad-7530A device. And it runs on vista. Can anybody help me please???

Mate, the same happened with me, so i went into Explorer and ran the FM installation file from there. So annoying as it wouldnt recognise the CD in either of my Drives.

Hope this helps

Hi. I am not the most computer literate so please bear with me!

I installed the game on Friday evening ( PC box game on my laptop) which took about an hour to install.

At the end it told me installation was complete but with some errors. (didn't name what the errors were). Anyway the game opened itself to the main menu but before I began a new game I decided to install the patch first.

I got to install the patch to 99% and then it said I didn't have a relevant digital certificate so I installed the Digital DX thing that was recommended to install.

When I put the disc back in again it didn't load automatically and wasn't there as a shortcut on my desktop either. Tried to find the folder to load it from there but the folder was completely empty. Also tried going to "my computer" then "DVD drive" which clearly showed that FM 2009 was in it and right clicked and pressed "autorun or install disk".

Nothing happened?

Please could somebody help or is it a case of me bringing it back to the shop?

Thanks

As with above, i had to go to My computer DVD drive and the right click and Explore and run the installer from there. Sorry i cant help with certificates and the like, but this worked with me, hope it helps

Hi, I'm Lorenzo, I'm italian and I apologise for my english.

I bought the game 2 days ago and I can't install the game yet.

I have always the -10 error. This is incredible, I bought the game and I can't play.

I've sent an email to Marc but he didn't write me back.

I don't know what to do.

I'm on Vista, I tried to disactivate my firewall, but it is useless.

I've no anti-virus programme so I can't explain where is the problem.

50€ for a game and I can't play, simply amazing.

Mate, the same happened with me, so i went into Explorer and ran the FM installation file from there. So annoying as it wouldnt recognise the CD in either of my Drives.

Hope this helps

I wish that worked mate but it still doesn't run the DVD. Thanks anyway bud. Any other ideas?

Archived