FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got them promoted League 1 Champions. Won play-offs in Championship. Just started PL. £15.75M to spend. Heres my Team

Grohe

B. Parker L. Chambers N. Michalik F. Richardson

B. Johnson Miguel J. Howson F.Delph

Sturridge S. Adams

N. Kilkenny

A. White

B. Mclean

C.Cleaver

C. Fletcher

P. Huntington

J. Beckford

Miguel and S. Adams look really good Potentially. Sadick Adams I got from At Madrid for 100k in Jan 2010, banged in 14/16 games. Really need to strengthen the team. Any ideas?

Should be interesting in the premier is the championship hard?

My board only expect me to stay up but I think I can do better if my team start to gel. I've signed a few players and changed things around a bit so I hope to hit the ground running!

here are my transfer dealings for my first season in the Prem. I'll let you know who is a hit and who is a miss.

I'm hoping Defoe and Dos Santos will do the business!

transfersvq7.th.jpgthpix.gif

39,612 people pack into Elland road on 27th March 2010 as Leeds thrash Cardiff 3-0 to go 21 points clear at the of the Championship. With 6 games to go Leeds are Champions and promoted to The Premiership.

Early transfer targets for the Premiership campaign are:

Falcoa.

Salvador Cabanas.

Walter.

Wanderley.

Alex Witsel.

Marquinhos.

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa.

Jelle Van Damme.

Waldo Ponce.

Wagner.

Thiago Helena.

With a big total of 116 points, Leeds finished 26 points clear of Fulham in winning the Championship at a canter. Their flowing football also took them to the FA Cup final, only to lose 2 - 0 to a superior Chelsea team.

The Cup Final defeat illustrated to me that further restructuring of the side was needed if it was to push on and compete with the Premiership "big 4". The close season was to see significant transfer activity. Despite the Elland Road coffers being awash with cash from TV revenue and season ticket sales, the Board provided a disappointing £8M kitty for a continental qualification finish. I decided therefore to again take a hard look at the squad to riase further transfer revenue.

Out went:

Cesar Gonzalez to Genk for £2.4M. A good profit on the free transfer of 12 months previously.

Marcos Caceres to Portsmouth for £3.4M.

Binja to Sunderland for £1.3M.

Rinaldo to Standard for £1.2M. A disappointing fee given his £2.5M value, but the best that was available.

Carlos Tordoya to Genk for £3M.

Celso Borges to Portsmouth for £4M.

Finally, the hardest sale for me, Mauro Zarate to Sunderland for £7.5M.

All good players, but if I wanted to further raise the quality of the team, they all had to make way.

After adjusting the wage budget, I now had a useful transfer kitty. After some weeks of scouting, the cash was invested in the following high quality acquisitions:

Oscar Ustari the Argentinian GK after a £4.4M triggered his release clause a Getafe. Francisco Guillermo Ochoa proving beyond my means with the other heavy investment.

Wagner, a 20 year old DC £14M signing from Gremio.

Leo, a 20 year old DC £8.75M also from Gremio. Leo scouted and looked a better player than Thiago Helena. He and Wagner will be the new DC pairing.

Ramirez, a £9.75M MC from Cruzeiro.

Marquinhos a £9.75M FC from Palmeiros. A very exciting signing, a better player in my opinion than Kerrison (who features a lot in the good player forum) and Wanderley.

Tiago Dutra a £2.8M, -9 PA high potential MC from Gremio as midfield cover.

Choco a bargain £1M from Atletico Paraenese as the main back up striker.

Angel Di Maria the flying Argentian AML at a reasonable £4.3M from Benfica.

Two free transfers completed the acquisitions:

Felipe Monteiro a utility AMC/R and ST from Udinese.

Jack Wilshere, unbelievably released on a free by Arsenal.

I have high hopes for the side. I believe that the DC new pairing will be a bed rock for many years to come, that Ramirez will provide midfield class and that Di Maria will provide quality service to the new strike force of Marquinhos and Lewandowski.

Starting 11

GK Ustari

DR Opare

DL Medel (retrained)

DC Leo

DC Wagner

AMR Abdou Razack Traore (retrained)

AML Di Maria

MC Ramirez

MC Choco/Wilshere

FC Lewandowsi

ST Marquinhos

Bench

Fraga

Nestor Duarte

Mario Gomez

Franco Zuculini

Tiago Dutra

Felipe Monteiro

Marco Perez

Ever Guzman

Chrisantus

Gonzalo Bareto

Vaclev Kadlec

Haris Vuckec

I am really excited about this side, roll on the new season!

My board only expect me to stay up but I think I can do better if my team start to gel. I've signed a few players and changed things around a bit so I hope to hit the ground running!

here are my transfer dealings for my first season in the Prem. I'll let you know who is a hit and who is a miss.

I'm hoping Defoe and Dos Santos will do the business!

transfersvq7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Can't make that out, Dos Santos from Barcelona/Spurs?

Can't make that out, Dos Santos from Barcelona/Spurs?

mmm, when i click on the link, then click on the image again is makes it bigger - give that a go?

Yeah Dos Santos from Spurs, he was unhappy and I just made a cheeky bid and he accepted, although he's on 25grand a week. Hopefully I can gt the best out of him. Squad harmony has took a hit from changing the team. I needed to do it.

mmm, when i click on the link, then click on the image again is makes it bigger - give that a go?

Yeah Dos Santos from Spurs, he was unhappy and I just made a cheeky bid and he accepted, although he's on 25grand a week. Hopefully I can gt the best out of him. Squad harmony has took a hit from changing the team. I needed to do it.

Ah yes, so it does! Nice one on Dos Santos and Baxter.

just got to january in my 1st season played 23 won 13 drawn 7 lost 3 scored 35 and conceded 16 sitting 4 points in front of carlisle on 46 points using zagallo tactic.

signed

alvaro solar (free)

fredrik ljungberg (£14k)

Joselito Vaco (£350k)

raul gonzalez (£1k)

Roberto junior fernandez (£120k)

maxim shumailov (free)

daryl murphy (loan)

michael chopra (loan)

carlos tordoya (£300k)

Marcos Caceres (£325k)

emiliano insua (loan)

just signed 3 players on free transfers

miguel cavasco

luis manuel seijas

rainer torres

sold

lucas

marques

prutton

sweeney

douglas

and released telfer and westlake on free transfers. My strikers have not realy got goin beckford top scorer with 8 in 24 and becchio 5 in 23 delph has got 4 and kilkenny, howson and ljunberg have got 3 all from midfield. any ideas on who to sign? could do with a goal scorer.

just got to january in my 1st season played 23 won 13 drawn 7 lost 3 scored 35 and conceded 16 sitting 4 points in front of carlisle on 46 points using zagallo tactic.

signed

alvaro solar (free)

fredrik ljungberg (£14k)

Joselito Vaco (£350k)

raul gonzalez (£1k)

Roberto junior fernandez (£120k)

maxim shumailov (free)

daryl murphy (loan)

michael chopra (loan)

carlos tordoya (£300k)

Marcos Caceres (£325k)

emiliano insua (loan)

just signed 3 players on free transfers

miguel cavasco

luis manuel seijas

rainer torres

sold

lucas

marques

prutton

sweeney

douglas

and released telfer and westlake on free transfers. My strikers have not realy got goin beckford top scorer with 8 in 24 and becchio 5 in 23 delph has got 4 and kilkenny, howson and ljunberg have got 3 all from midfield. any ideas on who to sign? could do with a goal scorer.

you could sign zeefuik on loan would be quite good for you what formation are you using

yep i love this team - also in real life

played league 1 out

won 32 drawn 9 lost 5

delph is amazing 2nd season if you play him all season like i did - because league 1 wasn't too tough

won the JPt against peterborough 2-0

fa cup 3rd round lost to man utd 1-0 :(

league cup 4th round lost to west ham 3-2 in extra time

loving it!!!!!!!!!

brought in insua on loan, plessis , stephen darby all from my friends at liverpool FC :)

now got a healthy bank balance and 3.4 million to spend on premiership fringe players

come on leeds!!!!!!!!!!!

started anothe leeds save in december now top of the league with 5 points that opare defender is emmense him and howson destroy the right side

got to the third round in the carling cup and guess who i got Man utd and then in the fa cup third round who did i get Man utd. think this game hates me lol

got beat first time by them 3-0 but managed to injure ronaldo for 6 months :p

whats the best position for Delph?

RM with a forward arrow or CM with a forward arrow?

delph plays better playing cm with a forward arrow

this is how my team sets up

becchio, beckford

robinson, kilkenny,delph,howson

sheehan, christanval, tordoya, opare( highly recommanded)

ankergren

Hi just started a new game with leeds done quite well pre season but realli need a new striker i got chopra on loan but now hes injured for 3 months so but am gona keep him caus im not paying any of his wages can any one recommend a striker though?

get zeefuik on loan he is good too and dont pay any wages either

im a villa fan looking for a challenge so i thought i would come here, looks like it could be good, this thread has proved very useful so far as well.

signings - ian walker, fowler, chopra [all on loan]

babayaro, S. Carr, Lequi, Christanval, gerard, abreu,

couldnt get work permits for kallon or costa ! really annoying !

anybody got some must buys?

Thanks in advance

I had Chopra on loan but sent him back, he was too light and just couldnt score. Got Fowler, although hes perma-crock at the minute, and Beckfords just starting to come good now, 7 goals in the last 8 games. Top of the league at December, although been given Man Utd in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.... just out of interest who did everyone else get in the 1st and 2nd rounds? I had Huddersfield and Accrington Stanley - just wondering if the FA cup draw is a big rigged.

Alright, just started a new Leeds game on the 9.1 patch. I've had a couple of practice runs at the initial preseason, and I must say I'm enjoying how much easier it is to sell people. Complete squad clear-out and reformation was always the way I preferred to do things and it's simpler to achieve that now.

This is my tentative first XI at the moment:

GK - Roberto Junior Fernandez

DL - Jorge Ribeiro

DC - Carlos Tordoya

DC - Matias Lequi

DR - Laure

ML -

MC - Miguel Cevasco

MC - Celso Borges

MR - Fredrik Ljungberg

FC - Sebastian Abreu

FC - Enzo Scorza

Other squad players include Shumailov, Binya, Mascio, Smertin, and I'm toying with the idea of buying Fuentes and then rotating him and the other two CBs.

So, to the questions: First and foremost, if anybody could recommend a quality left winger I would appreciate it, because I haven't found anyone yet. Money isn't particularly tight, so I could go for someone for anywhere up to a million (lol being able to generate £5m in player sales) - cheaper is obviously better, though. Secondly, I only have Becchio as backup for the strikers at the moment. Suggestions for cover in that area would also be good.

If anybody can suggest better players than I've got here in any position I'm all ears, too. Thanks in advance.

hi there i have just finished my first season with Leeds and i came 1st with 100 points and i also won the JPT (yey!).

But i really want to push for promotion in the championship so i just want to know who to bring in because my team needs vastly improving. I'll list my team below and i would really appreciate people's suggestions, seeing as i won the league all my players played well over the season so it makes getting rid of players harder for me.

GK- Casper Ankergren

GK- Roberto Junior Fernandez

DR- Frazer Richardson

DR- Daniel Opare

DL- Alan Sheehan

DL- Aidan White

DC- Rui Marques

DC- Paul Huntington (haven't offered him a new contract yet should i?)

DC- Lubo Michalik

DC- Marcos Caceres

MC- Miguel Cevasco

MC- Jonathan Douglas

MC- Neil Kilkenny

MC- Fabian Delph

MC- Jonny Howson

MC- David Prutton (haven't offered him a new contract either)

AML/R/C's

Andy Robinson

Robert Snodgrass

Freddie Ljungberg

FC

Robert Lewandowski

Luciano Becchio

Jermaine Beckford

Michael Chopra (loan)

Future signings made in January:

Clement Grenier AMRC

i don't have a transfer budget yet because i've only just played my last game of the season but i have 9.5m in the bank so i should get quite a bit.

i think i will switch to the zagallo tactic too next season.

cheers in advance.

DR- Daniel Opare
FC

Robert Lewandowski

How are you signing these guys? I've played three preseasons with Leeds now, and every time around, Opare and Lewandowski just refuse under any circumstances to join.

It's the same with some other players I've seen mentioned as possible Leeds signings eg. Luisma, Injac. When I offer them a contract I just get the "<Player> has no interest in joining Leeds" text, and no matter how much money I offer them they reject the contract with either no reason given or the reason "<Player> feels a move to Leeds would be a step down". Are you playing 9.0, or am I missing something or what?

i'm playing on 9.0.1 and i got opare in the first january window for 200k. he said he did not want to join but i offered him £6000 a week anyway and he ended up accepting.

I bought Lewandowski for 1.1 million also in january window. Same situation with him and offered him 8k a week.

seems like the money pushed them towards me in the end so i don't understand why they wouldn't join.

I too am having problems getting opare and currently I have no right back apart from gardener, which is awesome cause hes the biggest pile of dog you have ever seen, caceres is too expensive and I don't know who to get in this time of need, Nicko I did all I said except I havent done that -9 -10 stuff yet as well as the backroom staff.

I cant find the brazilian backroom staff that you mentioned, if you tell which number it is it would be a great help!!! also you state you got opare for 2k I've gotta pay 200k and he still doesn't want to come. as for Fraga well, his value started at 750k so 6k Is outta the question, must be random!!!

I too am having problems getting opare and currently I have no right back apart from gardener, which is awesome cause hes the biggest pile of dog you have ever seen, caceres is too expensive and I don't know who to get in this time of need, Nicko I did all I said except I havent done that -9 -10 stuff yet as well as the backroom staff.

Laure of Deportivo looks to be a good buy for RB, valued at £725k but transfer listed at £190k, will sign for Leeds and will take a fairly small wage (~£1.5k pw or so).

No problem mate, sounds like you have a good weekend planned; beer, footie and FM! It doesn't get any better than that!

Amen to that brother!

Just wanted to let you all know about Michael Modubi if you don't already. A quality DMC for around 1m. Perfect for second season.

too right but didn't get to play FM sadly :( went out again to some lasses 21st birthday who the missus knew on saturday night, then kipped at hers sunday, then round my mates Monday night so first chance I've had to play, I've had withdrawl symptoms lol

Just started my Leeds game again, but this time i have created my own tactics, preason went pretty well, with a very credable draw with Chelsea and then they only scored from a Johnny Howson own goal.

Only played three games in season so far, but the team seems to be playing well especially Douglas, Won 3 Scored 9 conceded 0.

Team

GK

Walker/Ankergran

RB

Richardson/Carr

LB

Sheenan/Parker

CB

Christanval/Michalik

Huntington/Marques

RM

Howson/Robinson

LM

Murphy/Snodgrass

DM

Douglas/Prutton

AM

Delph/Howson

CF

Beckford/Cole

Becchio/Showumni

As you can see i havnt changed the team much, just a couple of loan additions to get me out of this division n try n keep money for Championship.

Can anyone tell me how you get one of your players to show one of the opposition ter weaker foot?

Archived