FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

I had Insua on loan last year and should be getting him this year! Signed Glauber permanantly for free! He is solid! Signed that Lewandowski for 1.6mil, hope he is worth it! Opare looks rapid! Gonna bid for him! Need a proper DR tho! I have no idea about a quality cheap GK tho. Ankergren i dont think is good enough for championship!?

Insua and Glauber - good signings mate. Lewandowski has scored 30 goals in 25 league games for me, he's worth every penny.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Insua and Glauber - good signings mate. Lewandowski has scored 30 goals in 25 league games for me, he's worth every penny.

Insua rejected to come to me on loan again this year, leeds are one of his fav clubs! Ahhh! I have James McEveley for LB the now. Also signed Lomana Lua Lua for free, i think he will be a good signing but do I play him as a striker with Lewandowski or on the wing?? Ljungberg i feel is still a good player so im stuck the now!

Insua rejected to come to me on loan again this year, leeds are one of his fav clubs! Ahhh! I have James McEveley for LB the now. Also signed Lomana Lua Lua for free, i think he will be a good signing but do I play him as a striker with Lewandowski or on the wing?? Ljungberg i feel is still a good player so im stuck the now!

I play Zagallo's tactic (I can give you the link if you want) and use Lewandowski as the target man. Play Lua Lua (good signing BTW) alongside him. Lewandowski is a player I will sign all the time and is good enough for the Premiership now and he's still only 21!

I play Zagallo's tactic (I can give you the link if you want) and use Lewandowski as the target man. Play Lua Lua (good signing BTW) alongside him. Lewandowski is a player I will sign all the time and is good enough for the Premiership now and he's still only 21!

Have a look at Vahid Amraei as a back up striker. I think you'll like what you see...

Have a look at Vahid Amraei as a back up striker. I think you'll like what you see...

Yeh can u post the tactic please? Also maybe its random stats but amraei on my game looks very average. I have Kadlec(free) and Chrisantus(free) as prospects and back ups. Also still have Palmiteri who started to perform at the end of season and Guzman is still here. Going to sell off beckford i think, did you keep him?

Yeh can u post the tactic please? Also maybe its random stats but amraei on my game looks very average. I have Kadlec(free) and Chrisantus(free) as prospects and back ups. Also still have Palmiteri who started to perform at the end of season and Guzman is still here. Going to sell off beckford i think, did you keep him?

Sell Beckford, you've got some good strikers there.

I'll find tactic and post soon.

Mccarthy and Makalele in the cm? Im no sure! Plus i have mascio and rinaldo which i wanted to play. Going to have to rotate!

If you have Rinaldo, then a big no to Makelele!

Rianaldo's Championship to date:

26 league appearances, 7 goals, 11 assists, 3 MOM, av rating of 7.32.

I've got Felipe Monteiro coming in on a free for Premiership season. Otherwise quality free signings are rare 6 months on from where you are.

If you have Rinaldo, then a big no to Makelele!

Rianaldo's Championship to date:

26 league appearances, 7 goals, 11 assists, 3 MOM, av rating of 7.32.

I've got Felipe Monteiro coming in on a free for Premiership season. Otherwise quality free signings are rare 6 months on from where you are.

Bit late already signed him! I will go with mccarthy and rinaldo to start with and have makalele on the bench. If i want to hold a lead bring him on or if i want a different approach bring him on, mascio will just have to be in reserves or loaned out again, he is still young tho so thats ok.

Who shall i sign i have loaded France players and large database.

I dont think I can help you mate, if France is the only place youve got all players loaded then I dont know who is available to you. Best player for me in league 1 is Mitja Viler but he is Slovenian so I think you have to have players from there loaded.

Here's the link. Good read and then the tactic download is toward the end of the thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...hlight=zagallo

nicko blaggo how your leeds team doing atm?

I'm really happy with them. Hard blending of the first season has paid off because towards the end of Jan 2010 top of the Championship by 14 points. Playing some really good football. Robert Lewandowski, my target man in Zagallo tactic, has scored 38 goals so far. Reached last 8 of League Cup and lost narrowly as the Toon kicked Lewandowski and Zarate and both came off injured. Gary Medel, Abdou Razack Traore, Cesar Gonzalez and Rinaldo have been top performers. Rejecting frequent bids for Fraga, Opare and Caceres. fifth round of FA Cup away at Middlesbrough - I think we can beat them.

I'm looking ahead to the Prem. Think I need a FBL, DC (thinking of going for Thiago Helena), DMC (would like Banega) and a top drawer striker as Zarate, who's general rating of 7.07 is not bad by any means, just does not score enough goals. Fancy some Brazilian flair. Maybe Tiago Luis, Kerrison or Wanderley.

Delph and Howson have both been amazing for my team. I'm also using Zagallo's tactics and I've trained Howson to play as AMC. He's consistently involved in most of my goals and is currently the best rated player in League 1. I'd also suggest Perrier-Doumbe from Celtic. He's my RB and he never puts a foot wrong. Absolutely phenomenal performances.

Not had much chance to play over the last week as I've been really busy with work. Currently near the end of December and I'm through to the Northern Final of the JPT which I fully expect to win. Also top of League 1 at the moment, 4 points ahead of Leicester. I've been alternating between Chopra, Beckford, Becchio and Abreu up front. Only just got Abreu and he's performing very well. He's played 1 full game and come on as a sub 3 times (needed to get him match fit first) and he's scored 2 goals so far. Chopra has started scoring for me now too.

All in all I'm happy with how the team are performing. My only concern is that we often find it hard to beat teams that we should be outperforming all over the field. I only managed to beat Hartlepool (who are bottom on my game) through a fluke goal by Jonny Howson. He was taking the corner and it went in. Still, gives me something to work on I guess!

Hi, well i'm on my third attempt as Leeds, finally cracked it..........1st time i drew 10 games out of 15, so restarted, was 40games gone, 4th plance, 1 game in hand which would of taken me second, but got sacked!!

However, third time round, finished 1st.

Played 46

Won: 28

Lost: 5

Drawn: 13

GS: 75

GC: 34

GD: +41

Players In:

Ljungber, Fredrik (AMLR) - 16k - Was okay, nothing special!

Christian (ST): Free (Played alright to start with, pretty crap at end, will be sold)

Fabio (WBL/AML) - Loaned from Man Utd for the season - played fairly well

Chorpra (ST) - Loaned after reading this, didn't perform, cancelled loan

Thompson (DR,C), Scot - 12k - Played fairly well

Adrovic, Admir (ST) - 45k - Nothing special, but at 21, will see how he develops

Moreira, Luis (AM/FC) - 100k - Pretty poor signing, will sell

Tanasijevic, Jovan (DR,C) - 190k - Signed in january, got a few games and played fairly well

Total: 375k

Players Out:

Rui Marques - 100k

Howson, Johnny - 150k

Parker, Ben - 100k

Wilkinson, Ross - 20k

Huges, Andy - 9k

Richardson, Frazer - 100k

Lucas, David - 20k

Elliott, Tom - 100k

Sweeeney, Peter - 50k (January window)

Total: 650k

Prutton, David - 9k (Transferring at end of season)

Douglas, Jonathan - 120k (Transferring at end of season)

New Total: 779k

Achievements:

Manager of the year

MoM 4times

League Cup Semi-Final - Lost to Newcastle 3-2 on aggr (i was all over them, couldn't get that damn extra goal!!)

Won League obviously

Team/Tactics:

Played 4-4-2 - Not sure of his name, but has RY on the end, i edited one of his 4-4-2 formations.

GK: Casper Ankergen

DL: Alan Sheehan (Fabio, Bradley Johnson)

DR: Scot Thompson (Jovan Tanasijevic)

DC: Lubomir Michalik (Jovan Tanasijevic)

DC: Paul Huntington (Jovan Tanasijevic)

MR: Fredrik Ljungberg (Andy Robinson)

ML: Bradley Johnson (Fabio, Peter Sweeney(untill january), Robert Snodgrass)

MC (Attacking Minded): Fabian Delph (Neil Kilkenny, Luis Moreira, David Prutton)

MC (Defensive Minded): Neil Kilkenny (Jonathan Douglas)

ST: Jermain Beckford (Admir Adrovic)

ST: Christian (Chopra, Robert Snodgrass, Luis Moreira)

Now till the championship ! Only literally just finished, so a few changes will happen.

Untill next season.....:thup:

right nicko I think I'm gunna start again cause half these players arent loaded on my game?

Whos the best players to buy for your tactic??

I want to keep delph and howson if I can as they are actually pretty good, especially delph

thanks for any help received

Hi mate. Just picked up your message this morning. I've had a good think about what I should do if I was playing the game again, and on balance whilst I'd still want to improve the quality of the squad, I'd be more selective as getting the squad to gell is hugely difficult in FM 09. Ive written down my thoughts as they have came to me, so ask questions if I have not been clear.

Load all players from S America , so Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay. I'd load also Mexico, Ghana and Cameroon as there seems to be some top notch players from these countries.

Playing on v9.1, here's what I do then.

Sell Ankergren (£700k), Lucas (£250), Richardson (£150K), Marques (£400K), Westlake (60-70K), David prutton (350K), Andy Hughes (100k), Jonathan Douglas (450k), Ben Parker (325k). Get whaever you can for Hotchkiss, Gardner, Wilkinson, Cartman etc. Loan out all the kids in the reserves to reduce the wage bill. Release on a free everybody in the youth team except White, Joe McCann and maybe Sam Jerome. You reduce the wage bill a bit, but more importantly create squad room for youth regens the following season. Some of these are really good. Terminate the contract of Telfer. Terminate the contract of scout Glyn Williams and phsio Harvey S. The aim of all of this is to raise cash and reduce your wage bill because you are going to need it. Have a look at the note on this thread about Brazilian coaching staff I brought in and gradually replace back room staff. Terminate contracts of youth coaches immediately Then I'd do this:

Download the -9 PA shortlist and keep this "active" as a shortlist all the time so that you can monitor what is happening with some of the best players in the game. See who is available to you by getting Staunton to filter out the players who are not interested. If Fraga, Opare and Guzman are transfer listed then buy all 3. I've learnt that injuries are much lower on 9.1 and that it is hard to sell fringe players when you get to the Championship, so do not buy any of the back up Peruvians/Bolivians.Then buy/loan the following.

GK Fraga £6k - good enough straight away for League 1 football. Loan Liverpool reserve G/k Mihaylov as cover, try for 0 % of wages.

DR Opare (£2K). He's good enough to play League 1 football and you'll develop his -9 PA.

DL Loan Insua from Liverpool and play Johnson/Sheehan

DC Play Michalik and if you keep Huntingdon, him too. Try for Christanval & Lequi on frees. I've never got the latter. If you get both great, if not buy Oscar Passo, Columbian international for £16k for the free transfer fee. Look to buy Tordoya (Bolivia) and Nestor Duarte (Peru) as both are top class 5 * players and are cheap. See what price you can get Caceres for too. I got him for £675K, which is stretching your budget but he is good.

AML Loan Murphy at 0% from Sunderland, also use Snodgrass.

AMR Moises Antonio Canderlario (£120K) Ecuadorian international, retrain him as AMR and then AML. buy Botero (£110) and retrain him to AMR. Retain both Delph and Howson to AMR, use Robinson too.

MC Buy Binya (£190K), Rainer Torres (Peru) for £190K and retrain him as D/R. Buy Joselito Vaca, Bolivian International, for £300k. Keep and play Delph and maybe Howson. If you sell Howson, then look at Borges if you can get him for £475K or less as he is - 9 PA too. Don't buy Zuculini as he doesn't develop quickly enough. Look at Mascio for £50k as he has a fixed 170 PA.

FC Target man, Abreu if he is asking for reasonable money. One game he asked for £16K which you can't meet. Use Becchio/big Show.

ST Use Beckford. Buy Botero (£110K), Guzman (24k).

That's it. More than big enough squad there.

In Jan 2009 sell Michalik (£900K), Kilkenny(£250-300K), Johnson (£300K), Sweeney (£100-150K).

Offer contract to Luis Manuel Seijas, Venezuelan international, who comes on 1.1.09.

On 1.1.09 offer contracts to:

Rinaldo, Peruvian international.

Cesar Gonzalez, Venezuelan international.

Damien Le Tallec and Macauley Chrisantus from the - 9 PA list.

Then the following season, supplement your transfer budget by selling Vaca (£2.5-3M), Canderlario (£1.5M), Botero (£1.2M), Abreu (£750K), Torres (£750K), Passo (£600-750K) and clear out the rest of fringe squad players, Big Sho, Robinson, Kandol, Sheehan. Consider selling Howson, Beckford, Huntingdon, Snodgrass but keep Delph.

Then I bought:

Gary Medel (£2.6M), Abdou Razack Traore (£2.8M), Robert Lewandowski (£1M), Zarate (£3M) to add class to the team.

just as you can sell most players for more than their value in FM09m, buying too has to help your budget. So in each transfer negotiation for every player offer less than their value. Bid low and then negotiate up, for example Lewandowski bid £750K and keep raising the bid gradually. In this way you get him for £1M and not the £1.5M they wanted initially. Similarly, Traore for £2.8M not £3.5M, etc. These amounts are really important early in the game!

The team I have constructed is walking the Championship, after 31 games, Leeds are 17 points clear. It is such a strong team that a top half premiership finish would be achievable.

I'll post June 2010 transfer dealings later tonight when I get to that point in the game. But suffice to say out will go, Rinaldo, Binya, Caceres for £5-8Mto suppplement the transfer budget. With the transfer kitty I will then add a top drawer DL/DC/MCx2/ST and we''ll push on for a top 5 finish.

As I said, any questions ask; hope this makes sense?

Cool

I dont really rate Becchio

I got liverpool and feeder club got Duran on loan and Jose Sose

Seyfo Soley on a free worked a treat

Andrews the old foreign defender on a free he's solid

Got Harsanyi on a loan

bought Mascio

Bought Carlos Tordoya

Got rid of loads of people made about 700k

Building a strong squad but not really sure if its made for the Championship i should win the league if Colchester stop winning!

Delphe is just in credible

Try this one, it works. Zagallo's thread is on page 3 of the Tactics forum.

Download, unzip to Sports interactive folder:

262diamond_2.0 by zagallo via rapidshare

Hmmm, doesn't work. Maybe there is something wrong with the links today?

Go to page 3 of the tactics forum. The thread is called "the 2-6-2 rule. An approach to creating tactics..". The download is on page 4 of the thread. Last poster talks about his Crewe team playing "sexy football" with this tactic. I agree, Leeds spraying the ball around with this. Target man Lewandowski has netted 46 goals in 39 league games.

39,612 people pack into Elland road on 27th March 2010 as Leeds thrash Cardiff 3-0 to go 21 points clear at the of the Championship. With 6 games to go Leeds are Champions and promoted to The Premiership.

Early transfer targets for the Premiership campaign are:

Falcoa.

Salvador Cabanas.

Walter.

Wanderley.

Alex Witsel.

Marquinhos.

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa.

Jelle Van Damme.

Waldo Ponce.

Wagner.

Thiago Helena.

Nicko,

Just wanna ask you three questions if thats ok?

1: How do i train a player for a new position?

2: How do i get a more experienced player to tutor one of the kids?

3: WIth Zagellos tactic is it set up ready to run, or did you tinker with it to suite?

Hope you dont mind me asking these questions, will report back with how im doin when i actually start a game, but just havnt had the time, due to work.

Nicko,

Just wanna ask you three questions if thats ok?

No problem.

1: How do i train a player for a new position?

Click on player, click on training (down left side of options under profile), select position on new position option. (Remember to also put in place an overall training plan for the squad. I use either Zagallo's (because I use his tactics) or "Seasoned Alcoholics" training schedules which are superb).

2: How do i get a more experienced player to tutor one of the kids?

Browse through all squad, click on each player, click player interaction (towards bottom left), under comments see if there is an option (there isn't always) to train a youngster, then click the "learn from" option.

3: WIth Zagellos tactic is it set up ready to run, or did you tinker with it to suite?

It's ready to run. Look at your Ass Man's feedback during the game and then tinker the tactics in line with the comments.

Hope you dont mind me asking these questions, will report back with how im doin when i actually start a game, but just havnt had the time, due to work.

Happy to help mate, any questions just ask?

cheers Nicko you are a Leg End, cant try owt yet as I'm off out tonight and footying tomorrow afternoon so may get a chance tomorrow night when the missus is asleep!

No problem mate, sounds like you have a good weekend planned; beer, footie and FM! It doesn't get any better than that!

No problem mate, sounds like you have a good weekend planned; beer, footie and FM! It doesn't get any better than that!

Amen to that brother!

Just wanted to let you all know about Michael Modubi if you don't already. A quality DMC for around 1m. Perfect for second season.

Doesn't it give you a surprise when that happens!

I'm in the middle of a Board takeover in June 2010. Full update to come on that and the big, big transfer targets for Leeds in the Premiership!

Nice one Niko. I'm in third season and I'm hoping to make the playoffs. About 10 games to go and I'm in 5th so I hope we can hold on!

Can't quite make that out. Is it speculation? If it is you'll keep your job and possibly get a bigger transfer kitty, I hope!

Basically says that the club has been taken over and the new owner, who's Irish, according to the press is considering a move for Mick McCarthy as manager. They would be fools to do so!

No more extra cash although they have annouced they are improving the clubs training ground.

Archived