FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know how we can sign more coaches and staff??Thats were were weakest but it always get blocked by the board??

once you have signed a coach offer him a new contract but for assistant manager this frees up a coaching space so you can sign as coaches as you want. After you have signed all the coaches you need give them their proper coaching contract back

I'm thinking of buying Lequi and Tordoya, but Christanval looks very good too and is free. Thoughts?

All 3 mate, but Lequi is often snapped up by other clubs. Do you have peruvian players loaded? If so, the other DC that I really recommend is Nestor Duarte. He is superb, only 18 and really, really good stats.

No I don't :(

Lequi has gone to Freiburg, and I've signed Christanval so fin gers crossed that Tordoya comes

Tordoya usually does. Will you use Michalik? I played him through to mid November and then sold him for £900k. If you have Bolivian players loaded, look at Ricardo Verduguez/Raul Gonzalez as back up DC. Verduguez is less easy to buy, but you can get Gonzalez for £1k.

Hi Just a newbie and was wondering if anyone can give me an easy answer.

To get the "Bolivian" connection do you need to access via"LARGE DATABASE"at start of game? if not how do i get there?

how do i get free transfers?

bit daft but just learning...

how easy is it to load players? where do i go to do that then..... christ leeds dont have a chance with a manager like me not getting my scouts working !!!LOL

It all comes with practice mate, don't worry!

When you begin the game you have a choice of setting up the game using the "wizard" or through advanced options. Chose advanced options. Then in the set up screen, chose large database and then chose the extra players from countries that you want in the game; these are selected from a menu that scrolls down and you just tick/select what you want. I'd suggest that you definitely load up Bolivia and Peru, Columbia as well possibly. If you have a look at the players I have signed and got w/p's from most are from these countries. I have been less succesful so far with Paraguay, Ecuador and Chile.

Try this and if you are still not sure send me a message. good luck!

Good draw, you could beat them. I got draws like Hull & Middlesbrough, got Leeds to the semis! Lost to Arsenal then, of course.

terrible lol how could you get beat by arsenal oj

right back to real business got into the premiership fourth year in the game need to sign a decent keeper does anyone have any suggestions (wee bit far in i know but maybe someone knows a keeper)

terrible lol how could you get beat by arsenal oj

right back to real business got into the premiership fourth year in the game need to sign a decent keeper does anyone have any suggestions (wee bit far in i know but maybe someone knows a keeper)

Mate, Arsenal cut us to ribons! You're 2 years ahead of me in the game, my first suggestion would be to use the PA shortlist and see how the -9/-10 PA GK's have developed in the game; then filter in who will come. The other suggestion is Ochoa at America, Mexico at the beginning of the game.

Nicko whats this -9 -10 business?

started a new 1 and all I signed was: -

Tordoya - he has different stats everytime, his heading is only 9 and jumping 11 to name a few bute his tackling and marking are 15 and 16

Binya - seems quite good but I'm playing 4-4-2 attacking (default tactics to choose from) so he is in an accomplished position rather than natural, passes the ball round well

Fernandez Rotating with Ankergren

Loaned Daryl Murphy did brilliant in the friendlies but has only scored 1 goal in 6

Lequi went to murcia for £3,800 a week when I offered £8,250, dont get it sometimes.

Sold: -

Douglas 375k

Lucas 250k I want a more realistic game this time

Rui Marques 400k

Elliott Loan

Ovington

Cartman these 3 to affiliate

Lund

Gardner on Loan

Westlake couldn't go cause he got injured for 4 week

so my team is: -

GK Ankergren/Fernandez

DR Richardson/Hughes

DC Michalik/Tordoya

DC Huntington/Tordoya

DL Sheehan/Parker

MR Robinson/Prutton

MC Howson/Delph

MC Delph/Binya

ML Johnson/Murphy

FC Beckford

FC Murphy/Becchio

I'm trying to rotate as much as I can as to avoid injuries

Ive played 7 games, drew 3-3 away with Tranmere after been 3-1 up with 8 minutes to go

Won 3-2 away against Shrewsbury in LC after been 2-1 down

Beat Leicester 3-1 at home

Lost to Carlisle(top) 1-0 away

Lost 3-1 after extra time to Wigan in League cup

Beat Brighton 3-0 at home

Beat Walsall 2-1 at home

so 5 games played in the league and I'm 7th

So fairly good results outplayed Carlisle as well hitting the post twice, I'm gunna try and get some screen shots up at some point tomorrow hopefully

Nicko whats this -9 -10 business?

They are players with a -9/-10 potential ability in the game. Here is the link to the thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60798

Here are the links to the shortlist, same one; two ways to download. Have a look tell me what you think? Some players will come to Leeds at the outset.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16357283..._Jul_2008_.slf

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UO28IAP3

Well im at the end of Jan, sold alot of deadwood that enabled me to sign james mccarthy who i think will be amazing for me. Wanted him at the start but he was worth 1.6mil and in Jan he was worth 160k so got him for 200k up front with 200k over 24months which is a bargain.

Im thinking darcheville will be my saviour as none of my strikers are scoring regularly, can get him for 1k but not sure if he is worth the wage, was thinking just cos im signing him till end of the season its not that bad but he wants 12 and half grand. If i can get him to accept 10k would that be a good signing do you think?

Well im at the end of Jan, sold alot of deadwood that enabled me to sign james mccarthy who i think will be amazing for me. Wanted him at the start but he was worth 1.6mil and in Jan he was worth 160k so got him for 200k up front with 200k over 24months which is a bargain.

Im thinking darcheville will be my saviour as none of my strikers are scoring regularly, can get him for 1k but not sure if he is worth the wage, was thinking just cos im signing him till end of the season its not that bad but he wants 12 and half grand. If i can get him to accept 10k would that be a good signing do you think?

Good deal on McCarthy. Darcheville is asking for a lot of money. Is Abreu still free, he is a better player.

Good deal on McCarthy. Darcheville is asking for a lot of money. Is Abreu still free, he is a better player.

I could of got him down to 8grand but decided he wasnt worth it, still got new strikers to give a chance. Abreu is not free, hasnt been since the start unfortunately. That Palmiteri guy you suggested looks good but he hasnt been performing for me but im going to give him a chance, Ever Guzman has scored his first set of goals with 2 in one game so hope he starts banging them in. Scorza is another striker who isnt performing, im going to rotate until they score I think. Also signed Jose Goncalves for 55k another bargain but he is Ine for league football which is confusing me, any ideas??

I could of got him down to 8grand but decided he wasnt worth it, still got new strikers to give a chance. Abreu is not free, hasnt been since the start unfortunately. That Palmiteri guy you suggested looks good but he hasnt been performing for me but im going to give him a chance, Ever Guzman has scored his first set of goals with 2 in one game so hope he starts banging them in. Scorza is another striker who isnt performing, im going to rotate until they score I think. Also signed Jose Goncalves for 55k another bargain but he is Ine for league football which is confusing me, any ideas??

I don't know why Goncalves would ineligible.

The strikers you have will score goals, but it is much harder to score on FM09. My side is playing "champagne football", spraying it round; creating loads of chances. Missing a hat full, the opposition has one chance and scores!

I havnt noticed it being harder to score in general, just strikers not being able to score ive noticed, my midfield bag alot of goals between them and thats why Ive still not lost a game, drawn 7 games now, all away. I have a +41 GD in 29 games and thats mainly down to having only conceded 11. You been promoted yet Nicko? Im just starting feb, will be crowned champions soon I think.

I havnt noticed it being harder to score in general, just strikers not being able to score ive noticed, my midfield bag alot of goals between them and thats why Ive still not lost a game, drawn 7 games now, all away. I have a +41 GD in 29 games and thats mainly down to having only conceded 11. You been promoted yet Nicko? Im just starting feb, will be crowned champions soon I think.

Yes mate, won the league easily. I'm just finishing off a transfer and will then post up the team.

So, first season completed and Leeds comfortably won League 1, the JPT and reached the semi final of the league Cup and last 8 of the FA Cup. The side never fully gelled throughout the campaign but the individual quality of the players ensured that the defeats in the League and FA Cups were the only ones of the season.

The close season saw me moving on of the remainder of the original team with Robinson and Kandol, due to their high wage demands, the only players that were difficult to sell. In line with my approach of constantly improving the quality and reducing the age of the team, some of the initial 2008/09 signings were also sold. Abreu, Botero, Rainer Torres, Oscar Passo and Moises Antonio Canderlario were all sold for very good money. The latter going for £1.5M, and whilst I think that I might have got a little more for him, this was a good return on his original transfer fee of £120K.

In to the squad came the following free transfers:

Cesar Gonzalez a 26 year old Venezuelan international winger.

Rinaldo a 24 year old Peruvian international central midfielder.

Damien Le Tallec, a high PA young French striker.

Macauley Chrisantus, a high PA young Nigerian striker.

The transfer budget of £4M released by the board was supplemented by player sales and was invested in 3 high quality additions:

Robert Lewandowski, a -9 PA, £975k signing from Lech who will be the main target man due to his great physical attributes.

Mauro Zarate, one of all time favourite FM players, who arrived as my highest signing at £3M.

Abdou Razack Traore a young, quality AML £2.8M signing from Rosenborg.

The side looks stronger again and pre season results have been excellent. I am expecting a strong challenge for The Championship title. Come January 2010 I expect to move on all the Peruvian squad fillers (as they will then attract interest after 12 months at the club) for good money and will target either then, or in the close season, 2 -3 high quality additions. I hope then to be able to push on to a top 8 Premiership place.

Binya, Tordoya, Caceres, Daniel Opare, Joselito Vaca and Nestor Duarte are attracting high interest and I have rejected big bids for them all.

I have supplemented the reserve squad with a whole series of free transfer high quality regens. Many of these are from Spain. It is well worth getting a good scouting system in place in preparation for this.

Have i turned the corner!!!!!

Beckford struggled for start of season but just knocked a hat trick in away to dalington in JPT won 6- 0 - ahhhh happy days!!! here we go..

question about downloading players in advanced start??? would i have to start a new game to get the bolivians or can it be done mid game?

Have i turned the corner!!!!!

Beckford struggled for start of season but just knocked a hat trick in away to dalington in JPT won 6- 0 - ahhhh happy days!!! here we go..

question about downloading players in advanced start??? would i have to start a new game to get the bolivians or can it be done mid game?

I think you'd have to start a new game. But if you, don't forget the Peruvians! Buy them while you can, once in the Championship; W/P's seem harder to come by.

I think you'd have to start a new game. But if you, don't forget the Peruvians! Buy them while you can, once in the Championship; W/P's seem harder to come by.

i actually think work permits are easier to come by most of the players i go for do get one in the end

Joselito Vaca's price continued to rise through July - August 2009. After looking through the midfield options available in my squad, and with interest from Birmingham, I decided to cash in. The original investment of £275k in him was returned with a £3M fee. Working on bringing in Gary Medal to provide further squad depth. Another Premiership quality player if he gets his W/P.

Signed Ricardo Moniz as Ass Man. I offered him £5k a week to come and to my delight he accepted. Not only is he a 7 * set piece coach, but his advice on players is amazingly accurate. I have used him to filter through the squad. Those only rated as decent, I sold on. If your in any position to take this guy on, then get him. he's worth the money.

Nicko, how you finding the championship then? Im just into march, the end of the season seems to be dragging on. Any advice on who becomes available to come to leeds in the summer for championship football? Looking for strikers mainly as most of mine will be getting sold off. Need a new striker that will get goals. What is your striking partnership Nicko?

Great - a Leeds thread!

I'm into my second season now, got promoted into the Championship with no real signing apart from Michael Modubi from Chelsea (DMC) who has been awesome although cost £1.1m. Just picked up Daniel Sturridge from Man City on a free too. Another good performer for me was Matt Jarvis, a winger with good dribbling.

Currently sitting comfortably in Championship experimenting with a 4-3-3 formation.

Also for the left back Fabio on loan from Man U who is impressive.

Nicko, how you finding the championship then? Im just into march, the end of the season seems to be dragging on. Any advice on who becomes available to come to leeds in the summer for championship football? Looking for strikers mainly as most of mine will be getting sold off. Need a new striker that will get goals. What is your striking partnership Nicko?

Hi mate.

Strike patnership is zarate and Lewandowski.

My other big signings were Abdou Razack Traore and Gary Medel.

The other quality players were freebies, Rinaldo & Cesar Gonzalez. Both S Americans.

THe Championship is harder. Two draws & two wins, but we are starting to look good.

Hi mate.

Strike patnership is zarate and Lewandowski.

My other big signings were Abdou Razack Traore and Gary Medel.

The other quality players were freebies, Rinaldo & Cesar Gonzalez. Both S Americans.

THe Championship is harder. Two draws & two wins, but we are starting to look good.

That Rinaldo guy looks like a great buy, free and good back up anyway. Want to see how much transfer money i get. Got about 6mil in the bank so i should hopefully get a few mil anyway then sell off. Ive always loved zarate so will see if i can get him as well. Never heard of Lewandowski so will check him out as well. Did u replace ur keeper? And defence? Good luck anyways!

That Rinaldo guy looks like a great buy, free and good back up anyway. Want to see how much transfer money i get. Got about 6mil in the bank so i should hopefully get a few mil anyway then sell off. Ive always loved zarate so will see if i can get him as well. Never heard of Lewandowski so will check him out as well. Did u replace ur keeper? And defence? Good luck anyways!

You will like Lewandowski, a lot of player for £1M; and a -9 PA. Kept Fraga in Goal. Brought in Medel to play alongside Caceres at DC, he's made a big differance. I'm playing Opare at FBR and loaned in Insua from Liverpool at FBL.

Archived