FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

yeah when you do your team talk you have to go onto opposition instructions, then the player you want to show on to their weaker foot I think there is a little arrow to click on the left of their name, click that then you should see 4 options on the right, 1 of them is show on to I think.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

am new to the whole forums thing but have been playing FM for a good while now. Leeds is always the first pick but I was just wonderring about the PA value. Some guys were talking about how Fabian Delphs PA was -9 is that good or bad and how do you find out about other players? PLease help a humble leeds fan who is currently going through some strife with his first stint at leeds in FM 09.

Thanks

I didn't do it but 1 or 2 of the people on here loaded up all the south american players and looked through all the south american teams to check out any players

unfortunately I cant help you with the -9 thing, there is a list to download on this thread somewhere but I cant get it to download. the only thing I know is that -10 seems to be the highest so -9 is not bad at all

Hi,

am new to the whole forums thing but have been playing FM for a good while now. Leeds is always the first pick but I was just wonderring about the PA value. Some guys were talking about how Fabian Delphs PA was -9 is that good or bad and how do you find out about other players? PLease help a humble leeds fan who is currently going through some strife with his first stint at leeds in FM 09.

Thanks

PA/CA shoulds not be posted outside of the two PA/CA threads unless you use the spoiler tags, so remember that for the future.

As to your question, you can find out PA/CA by using the editor, it's fairly easy to use. :thup:

-10 is the best which is a PA of between 170-200

-9 is a PA range of 140-170

etc and so forth...

yeah when you do your team talk you have to go onto opposition instructions, then the player you want to show on to their weaker foot I think there is a little arrow to click on the left of their name, click that then you should see 4 options on the right, 1 of them is show on to I think.

Thanks mate, will give it a go later.

no problem bud

Well as I said I started again and bought the following: -

Fernandez GK 110k

Lequi DC Free - offered 100k signing on

Christanval DC Free

Insua DL Loan 0k a week

Murphy AML/ST Loan 0k a week

Rainer Torres DM/MRC 190k

Binya DM/MC 190k

Tordoya DC 250k

Candelario MRLC 120k

Vaca AMRC 300k

Ever Guzman SC 22k

Mascio MC 60k

Botero AM/FC 120k

Abreu SC Free

Laure DR 200k

also got Duarte coming in Jan but I paid 230k for him when I could've got him for nowt and now I cant cancel the deal as I was trying to caceres for RB

I sold...

Lucas 250k

Ankergren 700k

Hughes 100k

Prutton 350k

Wilkinson 35k

Douglas 450k

Parker 325k

Westlake 60k

Richardson 150k

Rui 400k

trying to sell Huntington as I have loads of central defenders

My team then is

GK Fernandez

DR Laure

DC Tordoya

DC Lequi

DL Insua

DMC Binya ©

MR Candelario

ML Murphy

AMC Vaca

FC Abreu

SC Guzman

I swap it around a bit i.e. botero with beckford and binya with torres etc

I've played 2 games so far friendlies not included

beat carlisle away - who I consider to be the hardest team to beat in all my games against them - 1-0

just finished LC against Maccelsfield at home, I won 7-0 with Botero getting 2 and Abreu 5 - 3 of them penalties mind

using Zagallos tactics but I have been using opp instructions which I dont usually do so wonder if this is the reason for winning so well

Started this as i like being leeds on here but i utter hate them inrl but lets not start that off.. I'm here to play:)

So, going to be using a 4-4-2 but the problem is i don't know who to use in the CM thats the only place i can't judge players stats properly is there any tips on which stats a midfielder needs?

Possible signings:

Chopra - Loan

Ljungberg - 14k

Glauber - Loan

Mascio - 20k

Rebosio - Free, Jan.

Botero - 85k(not too sure on him now)

At the moment its Ankergren in goal with Sheehan, Mckaliack(sp), Huntington & Richardson on the defensive line. Johnson and Robinson on the wings and Becchio & beckford on upfront.

Don't look too bad tbh. Tips on who i can sell & the best 2 CM's will be appreciated:)

if your not wanting to buy many players then the best midfielders are probably prutton and kilkenny but often used delph or howson in the more attacking minded midfield space, also Delph is pretty good on the right wing.

I would sell Douglas cause you can get 450k for him

for age purposes I would sell marques cause you can get 400k for him and instead you can get either christanval or Lequi on a free

which Glauber is it cause I've got about 15 Glaubers appeared on my search

botero is good but probs for only 1 season

well there is a decent young player who's value apparently drops quite alot - starts at 1.2 million but apparently goes down to 400k - James McCarthy from Hamilton - I'm keeping my eye on him at the mo but I had him on demo and he was immense

binya isnt bad as a defensive midfielder from benfica but he is transfer listed for 190k

I sold my soul and took on this horror show of a club ;) and guided them to promotion in the first season. No team really stood out as being better than the rest, so a miserable 86 points was enough for the title. Now I'm trying to build for the Championship and that old fool has only given me £100k to spend.

35671_Leeds_utd_logo.jpg

Leeds United Association Football Club, commonly referred to as simply Leeds United or informally Leeds, are an English professional football club based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The club's home is the Elland Road stadium in Beeston, where they have played since their foundation in 1919. The club has competed at the top level of English football for the majority of its existence, following the disbanding of its predecessor Leeds City. However, Leeds competed in League One for the 2007–08 season; the first time the club dropped below the top two tiers of domestic football in England, following severe financial turmoil.

Club Imformation

Name:Leeds United FC

Founded: 1919

Ground:Elland Road

Capacity:40,242

Chairman: Ken Bates

League:league one

Rivals:Manchester United,Chelsea, Sheff Utd,Huddersfield,Cardiff

Training Facilities:Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities:Good youth facilities + Youth Academy

Media Prediction:1st

Transfer Budget:£240k

Affiliations:Guiseley,Farsley

Best Player:Jermaine Beckford

Icons:Peter Lorimer, Gary McAllister, Gordon Strachan

Favoured Personal: David Batty, Don Revie, Billy Bremner, Gary Kelly, Lucas Radebe, Eddie Gray, Jermaine Beckford

First Team Squad

Gk Casper Ankergren

GK David Lucas

DR Frazer Richardson

DR Andy Hughes

DL Alan Sheehan

DL Ben Parker

DC Rui Marques

DC Ross Wilkinson

DC Paul Huntington

DC Lubomir Michalik

MR Fabian Delph

ML Andy Robinson

ML Peter Sweeney

MC Jonathan Douglas

MC David Prutton

MC Neil Kilkenny

MC Jonny Howson

ST Robert Snodgrass

ST Jermaine Beckford

ST Luciano Becchio

ST Tom Elliot

Hottest Prospects

Alan Martin

Aidan White

Fabian Delph

Tom Elliot

Fabian Delph has the highest PA of the above with him being a

so he can become a mid table premiership mildfielder or higher.

Assesment

Getting promoted should be an easy target with the squad leeds have with Beckford and Becchio upfront they will form a formidable partnership, so you dont need to improve your squad that much allthough i would say Leeds need a decent right back and another centre back.

Possible Transfers

Leeds allready have a good squad so you may just want to sign two or three players. Try to sign Michael Chopra on loan also try and sign Philippe Christanval on free as he can replace any of the four centre backs.

Transfers out

Sell David Lucas i got £275k for him and for Ben Parker I got £100k and Andy highes i got £100k

This money has went into improving the staff as that is the weakest point of Leeds at the moment

Are you not called Leeds United 2007 now since you cheated to only have to pay back 7p in the pound?

And surely the reason you only have £100k to spend is because if you had plenty of money then you'd have used that to pay back the tax man?

This is my tentative first XI at the moment:

GK - Roberto Junior Fernandez

DL - Jorge Ribeiro

DC - Carlos Tordoya

DC - Matias Lequi

DR - Laure

ML -

MC - Miguel Cevasco

MC - Celso Borges

MR - Fredrik Ljungberg

FC - Sebastian Abreu

FC - Enzo Scorza

[...]

So, to the questions: First and foremost, if anybody could recommend a quality left winger I would appreciate it, because I haven't found anyone yet. Money isn't particularly tight, so I could go for someone for anywhere up to a million (lol being able to generate £5m in player sales) - cheaper is obviously better, though. Secondly, I only have Becchio as backup for the strikers at the moment. Suggestions for cover in that area would also be good.

Hopeful bump of this request. I've found Jaime Cardozo, who is reasonable, to play on the left but there really seem to be a dearth of decent strikers at this level. I can't find anyone who both would sign and is worth signing.

Any suggestions?

Hopeful bump of this request. I've found Jaime Cardozo, who is reasonable, to play on the left but there really seem to be a dearth of decent strikers at this level. I can't find anyone who both would sign and is worth signing.

Any suggestions?

try to sign zeefuik on loan quality young striker also try and sign alipio(sp) from real madrid he is a brazilian striker and has good potential he will say he does not want to join but offer him top wages and he will accept

well so far so good. won every game so far except the league cup against Blackburn 3-2, after 7 league games I'm top by 5 points.

I let beckford have a run and on his first game he got a hat trick so he got a few extra games suprising letting guzman out of the side.

Good luck with everything mate, you have a quality looking team. I am off finding bargains for Gateshead now, two promotions in two seasons!

PA/CA shoulds not be posted outside of the two PA/CA threads unless you use the spoiler tags, so remember that for the future.

As to your question, you can find out PA/CA by using the editor, it's fairly easy to use.

-10 is the best which is a PA of between 170-200

-9 is a PA range of 140-170

etc and so forth...

So noted. Thanks for the info :-)

Just played Blackburn in second round of League Cup, Robinson Gets sent off after 30 mins, then blackburn take the lead just before half time, at half time i decided what the hell and go all out attack, Beckford scored the equiliser in the 83rd minute to take the game to extra time, then he pops up with the winner 2 mins before pens, so currently undefeted in all competitions, and only concided two goals. Come on u Leeds!!

The only problem i seem to be havin is my deep lyin CF i just cant get anyone to performe ther any sugestions, i have tried playing Carlton Cole, Becchio, Beckford,Shomumni and Murphy ther. If i knew how i would post screenies to show how i have the postion set but dont now how, any suggestions?

Here are the basics.

1. Hit the print screen button that is on the extreme top of your keyboard, third button in from the right. This copies the image to your keyboard (you won't be able to see it yet).

2. Open up any picture editing program that you might have i.e. paint, photoshop, ect. and open a new project (usually File > New).

3. Paste the image (Edit > Paste). You might also be able to just right click in an empty spot in your project and hit paste.

4. Save your picture. Click File then click on save. In the window that should come up, navigate to where you want your file to go and hit save.

5. Go to any picture upload site, I use www.imageshack.us

Hope that helps.:)

Thought I'd add my 2 pence, I think scott gardner is a good RB for league 1, if you play him as a wing back then he plays v.well, I'm currently been praised for getting the best out of him.

I'm currently playing a 2-2-2-2-2, with the individual players set to their particular roles, with an attacking and direct team strategy on a maximum allowed pitch.

2 CBs

2 WB's

2 CM's

1 AML & R

2 CF's

Brought in Jeffrey de Visscher from Aberdeen for £200k, fans are v.happy with this signing, also managed to get Arsenal as my parent club so i got Mark Randall & MF Fran Mérida on a season long loan.

I Sold Rui Marques & Jonathan Douglas for £200k a peice, Paul Telfer I released for £40k on a mutual termination and I can not for the life of me get rid of Enoch Showunmi, nobody want's him and I don't want to release another play from a contract which cost's me more more of my already limited transfer budget.

Only lost 1 game and that was to Bolton in the 2nd round of the League Cup, was only 1-0 which I didn't think was too bad, I managed to beat wolves 1-0 pre season, overall more than enough quality to win the league and JPT.

Here are the basics.

1. Hit the print screen button that is on the extreme top of your keyboard, third button in from the right. This copies the image to your keyboard (you won't be able to see it yet).

2. Open up any picture editing program that you might have i.e. paint, photoshop, ect. and open a new project (usually File > New).

3. Paste the image (Edit > Paste). You might also be able to just right click in an empty spot in your project and hit paste.

4. Save your picture. Click File then click on save. In the window that should come up, navigate to where you want your file to go and hit save.

5. Go to any picture upload site, I use www.imageshack.us

Hope that helps.:)

Will give that a go tonight, as its frustrating the hell out of me, everyone else in my team performs but my deep lyin CF.

Thanks

I've just been reading this forum for like an hour now, and there have been a few suggestions for tactics, so I'm going to upload my tactic when I get home so you guys can have a look over it.

It's for those who like attacking football, conceded 2 goals in 10 league & cup games, and as well as pre season which I haven't counted, scored plenty, one of my games been 6-0, 5-1, 4-0, plenty of 3/2-0's, one of them goals conceded was coming from Bolton, and when your a league 1 side i'm happy with a 1-0 defeat to a premiership team!

Craig

Are you not called Leeds United 2007 now since you cheated to only have to pay back 7p in the pound?

And surely the reason you only have £100k to spend is because if you had plenty of money then you'd have used that to pay back the tax man?

Yes you're right. We got away with it so tough titties.

Toddle off now petal, it's past your bed time.

Hey all,

Just to update ,currently sat top five points clear, and have just set a new club record of eleven straight wins so at present thats a perfect 11 n 0, that includes away win at Blackburn in league cup Wolves in last round of league cup, up next Villa.

Also think i have solved the problem with my deep lyin CF, i signed Joquin Botero i had him holding the ball up, simply just unchecked this and playin out of his skin now. God damn does this bloke score some long range screamers.

Third season. Top of CH. Won L1 first year, very easy with Leeds. Second season came 6th, but lost playoffs to West Ham (oh, the shame). Now top in Jan, Bolton 1 pt behind but the rest are some way behind us - 12 pts.

Bates has sold up and we've (just) been taken over, not sure what future holds as transfer embargo still in place and REALLY need a few players to cover till end of season - injuries have gotten REAL bad recently, feels like at least one or two per game.

Delph, Howson, Huntington & Richardson still amonsgt 1st team squad. Andy Robinson in reserves but always plays brilliantly when I pick him, jsut not as good as my other LW. Aiden White just back from loan and knocking on the door! Play basic 442 with a few tweaks.

Lots of scouting and have got some TOTAL gems from North America, there are 2 in my 1st team squad who are superb. And a further 3 on loan in Belgium!!

MOT

Archived