FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

I'm in 5th season with Leeds

Season 1 League 1 winners

Season 2 Championship winners

Season 3 8th in prem

Season 4 7th in Prem (EURO cup qualification)

Season 5 team is as follows :

GK Asenjo/Begovic

DR Rafinha/Barragan

DL Insua/Mattock

DC Mertesacker/Beevers

DC Samba/Kompany

MR Young/Lennon

ML Vuckevic/Assualin

MC(d) Veloso/Zucculini

MC(a) Delph/Harrison (regen)

ST Aguero/Sturridge

ST Marquinhos

Where should I strengthen? I still have 30M to spend and could raise more by selling a few squad players

Can sign Camacho for 16M is he worth it?

Want to sign Fleck as back up striker but Rangers are holding out for 15M

Any suggestions?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a career today with Leeds. Happy with my first pre-season:

Guiseley 0 - 8 Leeds

Livingston 0 - 4 Leeds

Farsley 0 - 9 Leeds

Leeds 2 - 0 QPR

Linfield 0 - 5 Leeds

Gillingham 1 - 2 Leeds (Only goal conceded in pre-season, so pretty happy)

Happy with my work in the transfer market. Scoured Europe for season long signings of players that may be of use to me if I can also sing them after (hopefully) promotion.

Particularly happy with the signings of Tommy Rowe, Mole from Hearts, Krivets, Gennaro Zeefuik (couldnt believe it when he agreed to join on loan for a year - wage free!), Insua, Rodney Sneijder and young Nathanial Clyne from Palace.

leedstransfersseason1.jpg

I hate signing older players but have signed Smertin (for the first time ever) and Doumbe from Celtic.

I have Zucculini and hopefully Delgado joining in Jan. Again never had either of these two. Also Appiah will join when fit.

I have tried to sign players I dont normally sign, so looking forward to this season.

Will hopefully offload players like Becchio, Robinson and Ankergren for a January spree.

Will keep posting updates.

Ash.

edit: Since posting transfers, have also signed James Dunne from Arsenal for £300,000. ( Who strained knee ligamants inhis first training session and is out for 8 weeks doh!)

its my first time to write here

currently in 2016/2017 , september , 1st in premier division

i have won everything in england , and have been trying to win the champions but i have reached the semi finals twice

my team is :

gk : j.carrizo , s.asenjo , j.marti(regen)

dc : m.sakho , a.rojas(regen , international player in argentina ) , m.beevers , d.ggodwin(regen) , a.gventsadze(regen,belgian international)

wb: raul ( regen , spanish international ) , d.ramos ( regen) , j.mattock , a.vargas ( regen , colombian international)

dm : n.de jong , i.camacho

am : f.fabregas , h.ben arfa , s.kuffor(regen , english international) , l.messi , angel(regen) , r.heinze ( regen , german international) , f.delph , t.kroos

st : s.aguero , m.angel(regen) , f.torres , r.rochina , j.brown(regen)

im using zagalo tactics , so any suggestion for players or tactics to make better use of all these stars ??

also im ready for any screenshots requests

Championship - Season 2 - 2009/2010.

My squad needed a huge overhaul, All the oldies went to bring in fresh talent to get me out of the Championship at the first attempt, The players I bought in were to get me out of this league, Only Zaki, Radoi and Roman maybe survive next season, it depends on how much I get :) .

Ins:

Bobo Balde - Free

Danny Higginbotham - 3M

George Boating - 1M

Maximiliano Moralez - 1M

Mirel Radoi - 4M

Roger Johnson - 2M

Lukman Haruna - 500k

Lee Martin - 500k

Matt Derbyshire - 40M after 50 League Games

Adam Johnson - 3M

Jose San Roman - 400k

Amr Zaki - 3M

Wayne Hennessey - 1.5M

Jermaine Pennant - Free

Stephan Fletcher - 40M after 50 League Games

Sadick Adams - 22K

Outs:

Richard Naylor - 100k

Alexey Smertin - 500k

Lubomir Michalik - 800k

Marvin Elliot - 5M

Robert Snodgrass - 2M

Justin Hoyte - 3M

Marlon Harewood - 700k

Marek Majotovski - 4M

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - 5M

Liam Ridgewell - 4M

Chris Eagles - 2.5m

So far so good, Played 4. Won 3 Drawn 1

reet guys long time no speak, no internet so resorting to my mates PC for some advice, finished 10th in my first season so I was given 32mil to spend,

in came: -

Angel di maria 6.75 mil

miguel lopes 3.2mil

N'koulou 6 mil

Krasic 1.9mil

bernado 8.25mil

fossati 3.4mil

vukojevic 10.25mil

and the 1 and only Eugene Seleznyov for 10 mil highly recommended

seleznyov ended up with 34 goals and finished top scorer in the league with 24 goals

I won the League cup dramatically against Arsenal, was 2-1 down in the 88th minute when seleznyov scores from a corner, then in the 95th of 94 mins a skolnik cross is met by the head of the same man to win 3-2!!!

I was in the top 5 all season with the usual 4 with man C, Spurs and Newcastle in 6th 7th and 8th

om 36 games It was arsenal in 1st on 79 pts, leeds 78pts Man u on 76pts and chelski on 75pts, Liverpool were only on 71pts so they couldn't catch me for Champions league

looking pretty promising, only problem was my last games were to Man u and chelsea and I lost them both so I finished 4th so good finish

got 55mil to spend and got asenjo in for 9mil then and kabore for 4.4mil

got aguero for 37 million waiting for confirmation as too Ramires for 21.5mil, pretty much signed veloso for 27.5 mil, obviously cant afford all 3, which should I sign,

I'm selling howson 2.8mil

bernardo 10.25mil

sturridge 6.5 mil

sold delgado 2mil

and a few fringe players

my team remaining is: -

GK Ochoa/Asenjo

DR mattioni/Duravia

DC Bayal Regen

DC N'koulou/Ramon

DL Mattock/Monzon

AMR Salvio/Krasic

MC kabore/Zuculini

MC Delph/Fossati/Regen

AML Di Maria/Skolnik

FC Seleznyov/Laurito

FC Marquinhos

Defo need another MC and need a DC/ Fazio is gunna cost too much, gunna try for diego godin

basically I think I may be able to sign everyone if I adjust the budget but If not who should I forget about?

signed kabore in february but had to wait till july, may sell in january, was transfer listed

reet guys long time no speak, no internet so resorting to my mates PC for some advice, finished 10th in my first season so I was given 32mil to spend,

in came: -

Angel di maria 6.75 mil

miguel lopes 3.2mil

N'koulou 6 mil

Krasic 1.9mil

bernado 8.25mil

fossati 3.4mil

vukojevic 10.25mil

and the 1 and only Eugene Seleznyov for 10 mil highly recommended

seleznyov ended up with 34 goals and finished top scorer in the league with 24 goals

I won the League cup dramatically against Arsenal, was 2-1 down in the 88th minute when seleznyov scores from a corner, then in the 95th of 94 mins a skolnik cross is met by the head of the same man to win 3-2!!!

I was in the top 5 all season with the usual 4 with man C, Spurs and Newcastle in 6th 7th and 8th

om 36 games It was arsenal in 1st on 79 pts, leeds 78pts Man u on 76pts and chelski on 75pts, Liverpool were only on 71pts so they couldn't catch me for Champions league

looking pretty promising, only problem was my last games were to Man u and chelsea and I lost them both so I finished 4th so good finish

got 55mil to spend and got asenjo in for 9mil then and kabore for 4.4mil

got aguero for 37 million waiting for confirmation as too Ramires for 21.5mil, pretty much signed veloso for 27.5 mil, obviously cant afford all 3, which should I sign,

I'm selling howson 2.8mil

bernardo 10.25mil

sturridge 6.5 mil

sold delgado 2mil

and a few fringe players

my team remaining is: -

GK Ochoa/Asenjo

DR mattioni/Duravia

DC Bayal Regen

DC N'koulou/Ramon

DL Mattock/Monzon

AMR Salvio/Krasic

MC kabore/Zuculini

MC Delph/Fossati/Regen

AML Di Maria/Skolnik

FC Seleznyov/Laurito

FC Marquinhos

Defo need another MC and need a DC/ Fazio is gunna cost too much, gunna try for diego godin

basically I think I may be able to sign everyone if I adjust the budget but If not who should I forget about?

signed kabore in february but had to wait till july, may sell in january, was transfer listed

Of the two MC's I'd go for Veloso, but I think you can improve DR & AMR?

DC? Sakho is the best DC in game by now.

KUTGW mate!

Stopped playing FM09 now, waiting for CM10 & FM10!

Just started a Leeds game my other one just wasn't going well. Just finished my buying and selling for the first transfer window.

Outs:

Ankergren 600k CFR Cluj

Lucas 100k Swansea

Richardson 200k Watford

Rui Marques 30k Cardiff

Delph 800k Bristol City

Howson 350k Coventry

Douglas 160k Sheff Wed

Prutton 130k Sheff Wed

Gardner+Elliot loan Guisely

Huntington 130k Notts Forest

Total 2.6m

Ins

Sefo Soley DC/DM Free

Babayaro DL Free

Fernandez GK 55k

Sanmartean AMRC Free

Murphey GK 65k

Tordoya DC 275k

Hugo DC 2k

Cacres DR 475k

Hakola AMR 350k

Christanval DC Free

Aaritalo AML 250k

Reboiso DR Free in Jan

Total 1.5m

Team

GK Fernandes/Murphey

DL Babayaro/Sheehan

DR Cacres/Rebosio

DC Todoyra/Hugo

DC Christanval/Michalik

ML Aaritalo/Robinson

MR Hakola/Sanmartean

MC Soley/Kilkenny

MC Huges/Sanmartean

FC Beckford

FC Becchio

I'm more than happy with my back line wishing a little that my Midfield was a little better just the offer for Delph was a little too good to turn down. Beckford is playing well and Becchio is great at pulling defenders away. Would like maybe another Forward. Should win the league with this squad (I hope).

Let me know what you think suggestions etc.

Just started a Leeds game my other one just wasn't going well. Just finished my buying and selling for the first transfer window.

Outs:

Ankergren 600k CFR Cluj

Lucas 100k Swansea

Richardson 200k Watford

Rui Marques 30k Cardiff

Delph 800k Bristol City

Howson 350k Coventry

Douglas 160k Sheff Wed

Prutton 130k Sheff Wed

Total 2.6m

Ins

Sefo Soley DC/DM Free

Babayaro DL Free

Fernandez GK 55k

Sanmartean AMRC Free

Murphey GK 65k

Tordoya DC 275k

Hugo DC 2k

Cacres DR 475k

Hakola AMR 350k

Christanval DC Free

Aaritalo AML 250k

Reboiso DR Free in Jan

Total 1.5m

Team

GK Fernandes/Murphey

DL Babayaro/Sheehan

DR Cacres/Rebosio

DC Todoyra/Hugo

DC Christanval/Michalik

ML Aaritalo/Robinson

MR Hakola/Sanmartean

MC Soley/Kilkenny

MC Huges/Sanmartean

FC Beckford

FC Becchio

I'm more than happy with my back line wishing a little that my Midfield was a little better just the offer for Delph was a little too good to turn down. Beckford is playing well and Becchio is great at pulling defenders away. Would like maybe another Forward. Should win the league with this squad (I hope).

This is a good side which should comfortably win the league. My reservations relate to MC and ST. TBH mate, Soley/Kilkenny/Hughes/Becchio are not good enough. I'm not sure which patch you are on (not 9.03 as you wouldn't get Tordoya or Hugo) but this probably means that some of the pre 9.0.3 stars may be available to you. I'd sell Michalik/Kilkenny/Hughes to raise further cash and then look at:

Celso Borges

Johnnier Montano

Jonny Baldeon.

Check the spelling of these players when you look to see if they are on your game, but if they are; they are miles better than most you can get at this stage. It's so long ago that I played pre 9.0.3 patch that I've probably forgotten lots of top drawer players, so suggest that you check some of my much earlier posts. Good luck mate.

Outs:

Ankergren 600k CFR Cluj

Lucas 100k Swansea

Richardson 200k Watford

Rui Marques 30k Cardiff

Delph 800k Bristol City

Howson 350k Coventry

Douglas 160k Sheff Wed

Prutton 130k Sheff Wed

Total 2.6m

Ins

Sefo Soley DC/DM Free

Babayaro DL Free

Fernandez GK 55k

Sanmartean AMRC Free

Murphey GK 65k

Tordoya DC 275k

Hugo DC 2k

Cacres DR 475k

Hakola AMR 350k

Christanval DC Free

Aaritalo AML 250k

Reboiso DR Free in Jan

Total 1.5m

Team

GK Fernandes/Murphey

DL Babayaro/Sheehan

DR Cacres/Rebosio

DC Todoyra/Hugo

DC Christanval/Michalik

ML Aaritalo/Robinson

MR Hakola/Sanmartean

MC Soley/Kilkenny

MC Huges/Sanmartean

FC Beckford

FC Becchio

How do you get them fees?

1st season couldnt get rid of same players for anywhere near those sums?

only one i could sell was ankergren for 220k

no one wanted the rest except rui for 75k

its a strange game but sitting pretty and ready for championship with 5 or 6 scandinavians in squad for nxt year...fm 2010 who needs it!!!

christanval wont entertain me!! lol

im in 13/14 my current first 11 is

gk assenjo/

lb vitale

cb varmealen/jagielka

cb holloway regen

rb c.rodriogues regen

dmc camacho/bolzoni

cm mascio

cm bounaette

cm witsel/delph

fc marquinhos

fc keirrson

subs

balotelli

irineu

delph

demidov

jagielka

bertnard

bought camacho for £33 mil, still got £72 mil to spend i think i need a another world class mc any suggestions ?

im in 13/14 my current first 11 is

gk assenjo/

lb vitale

cb varmealen/jagielka

cb holloway regen

rb c.rodriogues regen

dmc camacho/bolzoni

cm mascio

cm bounaette

cm witsel/delph

fc marquinhos

fc keirrson

subs

balotelli

irineu

delph

demidov

jagielka

bertnard

bought camacho for £33 mil, still got £72 mil to spend i think i need a another world class mc any suggestions ?

You have two highly creative players in Buonanotte and Mascio, so I'd go for a strong defensive midfielder like Veloso.

I started a Leeds file recently and im currently into my 3rd season and im in the championship. 1st season was done with minimal fuss, won the league as the board expected. I finished with the most goals for (mainly thanks to Beckfords great start) and the least goals against.

2nd season was obviously tougher but after a poor start, mainly down to my terrible defensive displays where i managed 1 clean sheet in 32 games :(. A late surge helped me finished 4th and i ended up losing in the play-off final to Wolves.

But now im about 20 games into the 3rd season and it suddenly seems much harder. The board expect me to win the league but im currently 5th, about 12 points behind the leaders. My team has managed to become very solid in defence but for past 2 seasons i havent managed to have a consistent goalscorer. Beckford finished the 1st season with 4 goals in the last 28 games and carried that onto the the 2nd season so i had to sell him. And in the 2nd season my top scorer finished with 12 goals through the whole season.

Now i still can't get someone who will score conistently. The only reason why i am still even close to the play-offs is down to the fact that the goals are being spread out evenly.

Heres my current squad minus the players i have out on loan along with the tactic set up im currently using:

22982092.th.png

So basically can anyone tell me how i can get my strikers to score on a regular basis? Also, does anybody know any suitable player instructions for the players i currently have and whether i should teach them any PPM's? Also any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks

I started a Leeds file recently and im currently into my 3rd season and im in the championship. 1st season was done with minimal fuss, won the league as the board expected. I finished with the most goals for (mainly thanks to Beckfords great start) and the least goals against.

2nd season was obviously tougher but after a poor start, mainly down to my terrible defensive displays where i managed 1 clean sheet in 32 games :(. A late surge helped me finished 4th and i ended up losing in the play-off final to Wolves.

But now im about 20 games into the 3rd season and it suddenly seems much harder. The board expect me to win the league but im currently 5th, about 12 points behind the leaders. My team has managed to become very solid in defence but for past 2 seasons i havent managed to have a consistent goalscorer. Beckford finished the 1st season with 4 goals in the last 28 games and carried that onto the the 2nd season so i had to sell him. And in the 2nd season my top scorer finished with 12 goals through the whole season.

Now i still can't get someone who will score conistently. The only reason why i am still even close to the play-offs is down to the fact that the goals are being spread out evenly.

Heres my current squad minus the players i have out on loan along with the tactic set up im currently using:

22982092.th.png

So basically can anyone tell me how i can get my strikers to score on a regular basis? Also, does anybody know any suitable player instructions for the players i currently have and whether i should teach them any PPM's? Also any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks

At Championship level there isn't a lot wrong with your squad. If your Strikers aren't scoring I'd suggest importing one of the tactics suggested on this thread. In terms of the PPM's I find place shots by far the most important.

I'll put these down as i remember buying and selling them for:

Slovenia

Luka Elsner 375k - £5m

Etien Velikonja 170k - £3.5m

Rene Mihelic 150k - £2m

Mitja Viler 100k - £2.5m

David Bunderla 130k - £1.8m

Dalibor Volas 100k - £1.5m

Borut Semler 75k - £1.5m.....not very good stats but like 08 he seems to score loads.

Czech

Martin Klein 325k - £3m

Tomas Dosek 100k - £2.5m

Having trouble remembering everyone i've bought so will have to go through the teams.

I take it you need all players loaded from Slovenia and Czech Republic? I couldn't find any of them.

Hello guys! :)

I have just started a save with Leeds. Using Weegie update. I have no idea which players to keep and which I should sell. But I am looking through the players and Patrick Kisnorbo and Jermaine Backford looks good.

I will bring in another striker if I can find one for a decent price, and maybe a new RM/LM.

If you have any advice I would be happy :)

Will update later :)

Just started a new game to tide me over until FM10. On 9.3- been looking through the thread and everyone seems to be in about 2016 now. Any recommendations about the start? I've done a few deals.

IN:

Merida (season-long loan)

Randall (season-long loan)

Insua (season-long loan)

Perrier Doumbe (80k)

Shelton Martis (50k)

Brian Murphy (26k)

Steven Appiah (free)

OUT:

Prutton 140k

Bradley Johnson 90k

Rui Marques 85k

Frazer Richardson 80k

Parker 40k

Lucas 20k

Andy Hughes 20k

Grella (season long loan).

Any help? I'm playing a 4-2-3-1. I could do with a striker as cover for Beckford, because Becchio looks awful. Have 150k but tight on wages now.

Just started a new game to tide me over until FM10. On 9.3- been looking through the thread and everyone seems to be in about 2016 now. Any recommendations about the start? I've done a few deals.

IN:

Merida (season-long loan)

Randall (season-long loan)

Insua (season-long loan)

Perrier Doumbe (80k)

Shelton Martis (50k)

Brian Murphy (26k)

Steven Appiah (free)

OUT:

Prutton 140k

Bradley Johnson 90k

Rui Marques 85k

Frazer Richardson 80k

Parker 40k

Lucas 20k

Andy Hughes 20k

Grella (season long loan).

Any help? I'm playing a 4-2-3-1. I could do with a striker as cover for Beckford, because Becchio looks awful. Have 150k but tight on wages now.

Again depends on which leagues are loaded....try velikonja , daniel estrada is under-rated scores quite a few.

only thing i would say is you could have got 500k for johnson and 250k for prutton and richardson.

Again depends on which leagues are loaded....try velikonja , daniel estrada is under-rated scores quite a few.

only thing i would say is you could have got 500k for johnson and 250k for prutton and richardson.

Also, Estrada went on loan somewhere immediately so I missed out on him, and I cannot find Velikonja. I don't have anything extra loaded to be fair.

GK : Itandje/Price

RB : Stephen Kelly

LB : Mulgrew / Regini

CB : Elliot Ward / Kilgallon

CB : Mancienne / Onuha

RM : Victor Moses / Howson

LM : Saivet / Balotelli

DM : Elm

AM : Delph / Parejo

Strikers : Sturridge/Liedson/Martins/Beckford/Zaki/Fuller

im about to start my 4th season with Leeds- my first in the premierleague. I've signed a lot of attacking players and have 11m remaining. i'm happy to sell a striker or two if needed, but was hoping somebody could recommend defenders and a keeper for the 2011/2012 season.

thank you in advance,

James

I got promoted first year as champions :) was very poor and 5th/6th until mid season, then went on a 22 match unbeaten run and won the league by 7 points. Signed Cameron Jerome in January, got 8 goals in 13 or so up until the end. Team at the end of L1 season:

GK: Murphy/ Angerken

RB: JJ Perrier-Doumbe/ Martis

CB: Michalik/ Huntington

CB: Naylor/ Martis

LB: Insua (loaned)/ Sheehan

RM: Kamel Ghilas

CM: Appiah

CM: Delph/ Howson

LM: Merida/ Snodgrass

CF: Jerome

CF: Beckford

Got Russotto coming on a free, him and Ghilas make a strong right side. Can't get rid of Andy Robinson or Kandol and I'll go over the wage budget unless the board give me a bit more. Any ideas for the Championship? I've had a look through but most of the Brazillians seem unrealistic...

Hi, late to the party I know but I've just started a career with Leeds. Going well so far!

Pre-season

Leeds 2-0 Norwich

Leeds 2-0 Farsley

Leeds 4-0 Guiseley

Leeds 1-0 Kidderminster

Leeds 1-0 Bradford

League

Leeds 3-1 Millwall

League cup

Leeds 2-1 Bradford

League

Leeds 1-1 Oldham

Leeds 4-2 Scunthorpe

So far i've only spent £90,000 so far (£50k on Neil Harris from Millwall and £40k on Jamie Adams from Kilmarnock) I've also got Rodrigo Possebon, Kelvin Etuhu and Andy Carroll on loan.

In terms of sales i've let David Prutton (£100,000) and Andy Hughes (£60,000) go.

Hopefully going to keep up my good form as my next match is a cup game vs Newcastle!

Right, i've just finished 1st season and finished 9th :o somehow i didn't get the sack so now i'm looking to bring in some players who can get me promoted this season.

Suggestions?

Look for good free players, in my 2nd season I managed to get Jermaine Pennant, Toldo, and some other quality players who I forget. I'm pretty sure that players like Daniel Sturridge and Manucho don't renew their contracts so you could try signing them too. Also, look for old players like David Healy and Roy Makaay who will be on sale for cheap (around 500k).

• 2 weeks later...

ive just started a new game as leeds, after my save on 08 was the best game ive done. made a fair few changes to the squad so far, ill will post a screenie of my transfers and stuff when the window closes.

what i want to is has anyone else re-bought alan smith or any other ex leeds players as ive just loaned him in from newcastle as ive got them as my parent side only thing is i'm not sure where to play him i currently thinking upfront with beckford so i can free snodgras up to play left mid as ive yet to buy a good left winger. duno if ill buy any one though as id like to keep the million i have in the 700k or so in the bank so i can pick up some better players in jan or at the end of the season as i think i should have enough free players in to get me up.

Just finished my 1st season with Leeds. Brought in Possebon and Merida on loan. Rotate them , playing alongside Delph. Finshed 1st with Beckford scoring 28 goals. Got Rapnik on a free. He's a good CB/LB. Hoping to get a bigger tranfer budget for season 2, considering i did not spend a cent.

Archived