dafuge's FM09 challenge

Any ideas on how to get different teams? I always get the same ones, Leigh Genesis and Dover etc. How can I get Kendal and clubs like that?

It's just luck I'm afraid. Will take you probably a few hundred reloads just to get a sub-1000 rep team. Tip: if you load a team you don't want now but might do later on, save it.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any ideas on how to get different teams? I always get the same ones, Leigh Genesis and Dover etc. How can I get Kendal and clubs like that?

You can try holidaying for more than one season, I think some people have had more teams to choose from when doing that as promotion is largly based on reputation so if the teams that go down have a lower reputation than the teams that go up you have a better chance of getting lower rep teams.

The only other way is to reloaded the save the day before the update day and hope a team you like gets promoted.

You can try holidaying for more than one season, I think some people have had more teams to choose from when doing that as promotion is largly based on reputation so if the teams that go down have a lower reputation than the teams that go up you have a better chance of getting lower rep teams.

The only other way is to reloaded the save the day before the update day and hope a team you like gets promoted.

Very good point, I had a save with Halesowen and the season after they came up, North Ferriby United came up - their starting rep is 950 I think.

Very good point, I had a save with Halesowen and the season after they came up, North Ferriby United came up - their starting rep is 950 I think.

This other reason why lower teams come up after a few years is that their rep may have increased due to good cup performances, as well as relegated teams being lower.

holidaying 2-3 seasons in may really increase some of these teams coming up

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - 2037/38

Premier league - Winners

We really picked up from the past two seasons with some excellent form.

Champions league - Winners

A comfortable run for the most part. Our only defeat, 2-0 to Man City was avenged in a thrilling 2nd leg win.

Squad summary;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Rodolfo Rigoni - While Kirkup and Joyce struggled with injuries throughout the season, Rigoni really stepped up with some senasational form. In 40 starts the Italian international scored 39 goals with 16 assists and a rating of 7.66. This for saw him named World footballer of the year, World player of the year runner-up, European footballer of the year, European striker of the year, Champions league best player, Champions league Golden boot and English footballer of the year. Rod has proven himself worthy of being a first team striker with Merthyr.

Chris Charles - Another excellent season from the midfield wonderkid. A 7.40 rating with 21 assists and 9 goals were earned as he was the driving force for a resurgent Merthyr side and he continues to prove himself as a worthy replacement for the retiring Craig Fraser.

Zdravko Blazhev - The battling midfielder was in good form for us this year. His hard work in midfield and his accuracy from free kicks earned him a 7.36 rating with 10 goals. The Bulgarian was also named European midfielder of the year runner-up and English Players' player of the year.

Other news;

- Legendary Merthyr and Scotland Midfielder Craig Fraser has kinally played his last professional football match. Fraser became Merthyr's oldest ever player as he was given a final run out at Clatworthy park after 79 minutes in the last game of the season to a rapturous welcome. And he even managed to cap the performance with a beatiful turn in the box followed by a finish in the bottom corner to say farewell to the Merthyr fans. Craig made a total of 528 Premier league appearances in his career, winning 121 caps for Scotland with 41 goals to make him Scotland's all-time top goalscorer. For Merthyr he made 624 appearances, scoring 190 goals with a 7.45 rating. Fraser also has won a record breaking haul of awards, including;

Champions league Best player 5 times

English footballer of the year 11 times

World player of the year 5 times

World footballer of the year 3 times

Merthyr fans player of the year 10 times

Craig Fraser has been a monumental player for Merthyr and Scotland. And as one of the true greats of World football he will be missed.

- A stadium expansion has been announce... but don't get too excited, it's only for 61 seats!

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners
2019/20          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2020/21          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2021/22          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2022/23          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2023/24          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2024/25          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2025/26          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2026/27          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2027/28          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2028/29          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners / League cup winners
2029/30          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2030/31          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2031/32          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners 
2032/33          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners
2033/34          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2034/35          PL         1st        
2035/36          PL         1st           Champions league winners   
2036/37          PL         1st        
2037/38          PL         1st           Champions league winners

Sounds like you're on the way up again :) Is Fraser retiring or are you just letting him go?

I'm impressed you've managed to hold your interest after 20 straight titles, I'd've moved on a long time ago. Not got time to go back and check all your posts, how've you done in the World Club Cup in general?

Sounds like you're on the way up again :) Is Fraser retiring or are you just letting him go?

I'm impressed you've managed to hold your interest after 20 straight titles, I'd've moved on a long time ago. Not got time to go back and check all your posts, how've you done in the World Club Cup in general?

Fraser is retiring. I could never let him go! I am very loyal to any players who have served me well. One of my strikers in League 2 though to the Premiership is now a coach for me, despite being pretty mediocre.

I have lost my interest a few times actually. Some seasons have had a few weeks before I started playing again. But whenever I try another game I end up getting drawn back to this save. I did say before that I would consider restarting the challenge on the same save once McKenzie and Fraser have retired. Now they have I may consider it. Or at least see if I can get the long awaited Wales job!

I don't usually put much effort into the World club cup and end up sending mostly reserves and youth players, along with a few stars if they're looking for fitness. Hence why I don't bother recording it on my updates. But I have won it 15 of the last 19 seasons.

Ossett Town - Premier League (2042/2043)

Premier League Prediction - 13

Premier League Position - 7

Table

Graph

Summary

A decent season, we play nice and all we really need is consistency, if we can stop the losing streaks that comes

a couple of times during the season we could play in the top 5 next year.

But to once again to miss out on europe really suck and im pretty annoyed, i cant seem to attract better players than i have when i dont play in europe.

Players: Stars

Squad

Shaw Good buy this season, to act as a bit of cover for Elvis Shala as he plays very inconsistent

HaufeOnce again a season with AvR above 7.

Moore I reckon he soon will get his first England call up

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Europe, Europe, Europe!!!

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 
Blue Square Premier   2034/35   1st	   Promoted as Champions	
League Two            2035/36   1st	   Promoted as Champions   
League One            2036/37   6th	   Playoff Final losers  
League One            2037/38   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Championship	      2038/39	14th	   none 
Championship	      2039/40	3rd	   Promoted via Playoff 
Premier League	      2040/41   17th	   none
Premier League	      2041/42   10th	   none
Premier League	      2042/43   7th	   none

i love the look of this challenge, but didnt want to start until FM10. but have brought swindon from league 1 to premier league, i know its not on the same level but i will defo try on FM10 (will try for swindon supermarine :) )

Greyed out man, it took me 3 seasons to get promotion from the BSN, don't be disheartened, just takes abit of time sometimes, atleast your not cheating.

Would have to be pretty stupid to go this long without a promotion if I was! Might be happening this year, though, at least the playoffs anyway. Hope thats not tempting fate, its STUPIDLY close.

Farnborough Season 2010/2011

Media expectations: 24th

My expectations: At least a play-off position

Finish: 6th

Cup Performance:

Conference cup - Winners

Fa Trophy - Runners-up

Fa Cup - 1st Round

TRANSFERS

After winning the BSS with ease in my first season, i wanted to aim for back to back promotion, but within the first 5 games i knew this might be difficult, having only picked up 3 points, drawing my 3 away games and losing 2 at home, this despite dominating the majority of each game. Although i improved and went on an unbeaten run of 22 games in all competitions, i continued to draw games i should have won, going through a patch of games where i could not decide upon tactics and dropping many points in the process. In the end this probably cost me a play-off place.

In the cups i seemed to have more luck and better performances led to two finals appearances and a much needed boost to my finances, as well as bringing in the first trophy of my reign.

Vasilev did well again, especially towards the end of the season when i decided upon a new formation that worked reasonably well, whilst a few other players deserve mention for good overall performances - Eikrem, Van Den Berg, Julian Kelly, (like Vasilev on loan from parent club Reading) and a goalkeeper i got on a free who was fantastic, (despite a low average rating) Bialkowski. Also despite only playing a few games, this dc/rb may prove to be a real gem for me, as he has impressed so far!

I also had an intersting fixture list this season, which due to me doing well in the cups saw me play 4 games in 5 days! I also managed to get onto the favoured persons list, probably due to winning the cup! My chairman has also decided to sell up, but after one takeover fell through during last season i'm not too hopeful of one going through, and i don't imagine i'd get any cash boosts so i'm not really too bothered at the moment.

Next season aims: Improve the squad, especially up front and with a couple of pacey defenders

: Good cup runs again to keep up the finances

: Promotion

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

It might sound a bit silly, but not winning the Champions League last year was a disaster. After seven consecutive CL titles, going out in the semi finals was just not acceptable.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The league was pretty much the same old story. We took the lead, Man City overtook us when we lost form then we overtook them to win the title. This must be the 4th consecutive year that this has happened.

Community Shield - Arsenal are not the force they were, but this was still a good win.

Carling Cup - we were taking this seriously and got to the final without conceding a goal. Things just didn't go our way though.

FA Cup - bit of a shock as we got outplayed in the semi by struggling Newcastle.

UEFA Champions League - back to where we belong, with yet another convincing win over Real Madrid in the final. We got our revenge over Valencia as faced them in the group stage. If you think that draw against Ajax looks dodgy, it was, I quite enjoyed doing that.

Transfers - my plan to bring through the youth players clearly wasn't working so I went a bit crazy and splashed out some big money on some new players.

Squad - the age balance is not one I'm used to, with a number of players beyond their peak. I'm going to have to dump them and replace them at some point.

Key Player Profiles:

William Esposito - he was co-owned so came at a price but I couldn't resist signing this youngster. He plays in a weak position of ours so I'm hoping to make him a first team regular soon.

Marco Emonts - I've been trying to sign him for a while and eventually I gave in spending a whopping £75m on him. The price was extortionate but I badly needed a player in his position, AMC.

James Jacobs - signed to replace the ageing Zitouni, he struggled at first but soon settled in well. Cost £25m.

Nuno Real - I saw him as a proper left back, which we didn't have. Can't say he's set the world alight. Cost £20m.

Harrison Uzoma - my scout raved about him and he seemed to have good attributes in the right places. £35.5m was a bit much for a backup striker but he has been pretty decent.

Ryan Caddis - possibly his worst season for a while, but he's still quality.

Oswaldo Even - he breaks the goal a game barrier for the first time in a superb season.

Georgi Chernev - I'd not seen a wonderkid goalie before, so I am amazed at how good he is. His value is astonishing.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners

Next Season

Honestly, I'm not sure what to aim for. Retaining the CL would be great, but I really want to set myself a new challenge, like building the youth team. The problem with that is that it almost failed us, it is a difficult situation.

I obviously can't put myself into your shoes dafuge, but perhaps to get this youth team you seem to desire then you need to sacrifice 2 or 3 season's worth of CL/PL's.

Yes, I think that is it. It is a choice of success or satisfaction, at the moment I'm torn between the two.

What is really annoying is that in my other game with FC United I had it nailed.

it's not like you haven't had your fair share of success already though :D

That's the thing, I've favoured success over fielding youth players, which wasn't really my plan.

I spent £162m on new players and ditched my own youth players, which I feel a bit guilty about.

That's the thing, I've favoured success over fielding youth players, which wasn't really my plan.

I spent £162m on new players and ditched my own youth players, which I feel a bit guilty about.

I think it depends on what you want to do long term. You seem like you'll inevitably go with the youth team idea anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve the success you are currently achieving now in 3 or 4 seasons time with players you've brought through your Youth system, which will probably give you more satisfaction.

Spain - European Championships - 2032

Qualification was fairly simple, but the home defeat to Norway came as a bit of a blow. Luckily they lost away in Poland which sent us through.

Spain vs Austria (group stage)

This should have been the easy game but we were pretty awful in a dire game.

Holland vs Spain (group stage)

It looked like yet another dull game but it had a twist. Thankfully the results elsewhere mean a win against Sweden will see us through.

Spain vs Sweden (group stage)

Shocking. We blew our chance with the penalty but we still should have won this one.

Final Group Table

I thought it would be an easy group but it was far from it. Following the last match I was quite rightly sacked, I would have resigned anyway.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage

Next Season

It seems that the European Championship is my bogey tournament. Immediately after this tournament ends I will be looking for a new job.

GreyedOutMan at Boreham WoodSeason 2013-14 (Year 5)

Season Report

We were predicted to finish 5th this season, so a couple of places lower than was expected of me last year. I needed to get at least 5th, and a playoff place, to satisfy the board. And my sanity – this is really starting to get tiresome, especially when most people in this thread seem to manage two promotions in the first two years, at least... But we started really well again this season – ten points from our opening four fixtures. But this is Boreham Wood – and you know we’re going to have a big down-to-earth run. 10 from 4 became 14 from 8. From then, the normal inconsistency was mixed with a run similar to last season, where we crashed down so many positions in such as short space of time. After that, we did struggle until the end of February, when results put us in the promotion zone briefly. We were struggling for goals, still, despite the loan signing of Adrian Lucas from Crystal Palace. A 5-2 win over Newport seemed to put that to bed, but predictably, we followed that up by losing 3-0 to Merthyr. The really bizarre thing was how close it was at the end of the season. With six games to go, just 14 points separated 4th from 19th! And it was very up and down – you’ll see on the positions graph how yo-yo-like the season was. It was just because it was so close. But 6 wins and a draw from our last 7 games saw us finish 2nd, after a ridiculously tense last day finish, where only a win against Eastleigh would have guaranteed us a playoff place, although as the results panned out, a draw would have been enough.

League Performance: Blue Square South

League Results – not including playoffs

League Table

Positions Graph – as you can see, very yo-yo like, but it was so close throughout the season....

Other Competitions

FA Cup – SO close to the first round proper. AFC nicked it in the last minute.

Conference League Cup – 1st Round exit to Welling this year, left me free to chase that elusive promotion.

FA Trophy – 2nd round defeat was probably good as the form of the team picked up a bit shortly afterwards.

Season Summary 1

Season Summary 2

Season Summary 3

Season Summary 4

THE PLAYOFFS – SEMI FINAL – extra time was easy, anyway...

THE PLAYOFFS – FINAL – this was mega nerve racking! But...

BOREHAM WOOD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED!!!

Squad

Transfers – Major costcutting at the start of the season. Lots of high-earners left and were replaced by dirt cheap youngsters with promise.

Squad (with stats and contract info, edited to fit all players on one screen!) – Wells, Brittain and Cartman are the usual suspects now, and did well. Nightingale can be added to that list, he's a rock. Special mentions have to go to Potts and Parker. The former filled in at a variety of positions and did really well, and Parker had a huge impact at the end of the season and was a big reason for the promotion.

Craig Nightingale was named Boreham Wood’s player of the year.

2013-14 Team of the Season

2013-14 Historical Team – Nightingale, Fox, Dwight and Lee are all new inductees this year. And for information. This is where they all are now!

Youth intake

Nothing special this year. But as we’ve been struggling for goals, a striker might be useful.

AWARDS

Players

Martin Brittain: 2nd in BSS Player of the Year

Me

2nd in BSS Manager of the Year

SIGNIFICANT RECORDS BROKEN THIS YEAR

Youngest Player: Kevin Court 16y105d vs. Welling, 20th August

Most Games Without Winning: 9 – 11th January to 15th February

Highest Gate Receipts: £30,000 vs AFC Wimbledon, BSS Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg, 14th May

Career Overview

[u]Season	  League	              Position	Movement	     Total Games	Other Achievements[/u]

2009-10	  Blue Square South	8	-	        56	FA Trophy Runners-Up
2010-11	  Blue Square South	6	-	        58	FA Trophy Winners
2011-12	  Blue Square South	9	-	        51	-	
2012-13	  Blue Square South	11	-	        54	-	
2013-14	  Blue Square South	2	PROMOTED	        53	BSS Playoff Winners

[b]TOTALS				          [u]Matches[/u]	       272	
			          [u]Awards[/u]	         4	
			          [u]Trophies[/u]         1	[/b]

So, finally, after five years of trying, BOREHAM WOOD ARE UP TO THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER.

Finances

THANK GOD FOR PROMOTION, as finally we hit the black!

Wider World

Yet again, Arsenal won the Premiership. Man Utd won the FA Cup and League Cup double, Chelsea won the World Club Cup, but lost to Barca in the Champions’ League Final. Man City won the Europa League. But who cares, this year?!

WORLD CUP 2014, BRAZIL

England had Costa Rica, Holland and Paraguay. Big shock in the first games of group G, as Germany lost 1-0 to Chile. Ireland lost to Uruguay before managing a draw against Croatia, but their “flag-reverse”, Ivory Coast, had to be beaten in order for the Irish to qualify. In the exciting match-up between Holland and England, the 2nd game for each, both brought 3-0 wins in from their first games, so it was quite exciting. An own-goal from the Dutch ‘keeper was enough to all but send England through to the 2nd round. Germany won their 2nd game against Iran, but were left needing to get a result against Portugal to progress.

Group Final Standings

A: FRANCE, PERU, Ukraine, Cameroon

B: BRAZIL, USA, Japan, Czech Republic

C: IVORY COAST, CROATIA, Uruguay, Ireland

D: MEXICO, SWEDEN, Ghana, South Korea

E: ENGLAND, HOLLAND, Paraguay, Costa Rica

F: ARGENTINA, SPAIN, Mali, Saudi Arabia

G: GERMANY, PORTUGAL, Chile, Iran

H: ITALY, NIGERIA, Australia, Serbia

2nd Round

USA v FRANCE – Capitals wouldn’t really work for that one!

PERU v Brazil – Yes, that is right...even on their own patch

MEXICO v Croatia

IVORY COAST v Sweden

Holland v ARGENTINA

SPAIN v England

The rest to follow with my post for next season - that'll keep you on tenterhooks nicely :)

Crystal Ball

Goals for next year? Erm....Durr! Staying up! Nothing else. Another FA Trophy triumph would be nice, but we’ll only go for it if we’re looking fairly safe by the turn of the year.

Managed to sign a guy ive been trying to get the last 2 years;Villa, now as i look at my squad i really cant see where i should make any improvements.. I would actually be dissapointed if we dont end up in the top 4. i have good backup on any spot. heres my team:

GK maybee not the best stats but hes young and hes already an English international. One of the best keepers in the game.

DR

DL

DC

DC

(DC)

MC

MC

AMR

AML

ST

Backup

Backup

Backup

Backup

Backup

Spain - European Championships - 2032

I think you've cemented yourself as one of Spain's worst ever managers there ;)

Good luck on bringing the youth players through. Never been my thing I must admit, I tend to nick youth players from weaker clubs when its obvious they're got potential and then loan them out. Only ever really helped me out once.

GreyedOutMan at Boreham WoodSeason 2013-14 (Year 5)

Congrats, that must've been so frustrating. A few signings for BSP and you'll be sorted.

Congrats, that must've been so frustrating. A few signings for BSP and you'll be sorted.

Cheers. Picked up a few players, mainly wingers. Really want to find someone who will come who has 15 finishing, but its proving almost impossible. I have two on 14, but they're both fairly weak in other areas and neither should really be a first choice. We'll see how it goes, i think I should be able to avoid relegation with any luck.

Cheers. Picked up a few players, mainly wingers. Really want to find someone who will come who has 15 finishing, but its proving almost impossible. I have two on 14, but they're both fairly weak in other areas and neither should really be a first choice. We'll see how it goes, i think I should be able to avoid relegation with any luck.

I would make sure they have alot of pace (15+), it does wonders at lower league I should i would hope make up for the lack of finishing which would have to be compensated for

The 'wants a new challenge' feeling is hitting my squad hard now and two of my star players are now transfer listed by request.

Benoit Martin - club captain, in his 12th year at the club.

Ryan Caddis - probably the 2nd best player I have, also in his 12th year at the club.

I obviously don't want to lose either of them but I can't really see anyone being willing to pay that much in transfer fee and wages for either of them.

That's cool. I still don't understand how the Legend system works though. I've had a few players listed as Legendary midfielder/striker/full-back in their personal description, but not as club legends. Tom McKenzie played over 700 games scoring better than a goal every other game (not to mention the playoff and Champions league final goals!), and Fraser played over 600 with a 7.45 rating and was a long serving captain and the most decorated footballer of all time! I'd think they would be fairly popular at Merthyr!

The 'wants a new challenge' feeling is hitting my squad hard now and two of my star players are now transfer listed by request.

Benoit Martin - club captain, in his 12th year at the club.

Ryan Caddis - probably the 2nd best player I have, also in his 12th year at the club.

I obviously don't want to lose either of them but I can't really see anyone being willing to pay that much in transfer fee and wages for either of them.

you did well to get 12 seasons out of them, most of my players want a new challenge at the moment, none have been there for more then 7 years and some only 4.

For my strikers I always look for 10 on Finishing, Composure, Acceleration, Pace, Heading and Jumping in non-league. You might not get all of those in double-figures but if you get most of them they can be deadly. Andrew Cook had all those (think he starts at Carlisle) and scored 32 for me in BSN and 23 in BSP.

It is a bit weird, my vice captain who captained England and has made close to 500 appearances doesn't appear anywhere on those lists. Must be some kind of 'cult hero' factor in there.

Does he appear as an England legend, or a legend for any other club? Is it possible to be a legend for more than one team?

Does he appear as an England legend, or a legend for any other club? Is it possible to be a legend for more than one team?

No, he doesn't appear on anyone's lists.

No idea if they can appear on more than one list, none of my seem to but none of them have really done anything at other clubs.

• SI Staff

Whitby Town - Blue Square Premier 2013/14

Predicted Finish: 8th

Final Position: 1st

Transfers

Squad

FA Cup: 3rd round (Lost 4-0 vs Man City)

FA Trophy: 3rd round (Lost 3-0 vs Wrexham)

CLC: Winners (Won 2-0 vs Forest Green – a replay of last year’s final and a two consecutive CLC wins for Whitby)

Manager of the Year

Most Sponsorhip

Top scorer: Jack Cousins - 29

Top assists: David White – 18

Top rated player: Jack Cousins – 7.12 (54 Apps)

Most MoM: Richard Amos – 8

Fans’ Player of the Season – Jack Cousins

Above all else, this season proved that we really should have been promoted last year, as we completely ran away with the league and finished on 112 points, as well as retaining the Conference League Cup. I would have liked to have won the FA trophy as well, however our worst performance of the season coincided with the trophy 3rd round, and we lost 3-0 to Wrexham.

Following promotion the club has now turned professional, with my main worry now being that several key first team members are unhappy with their contracts, yet I simply cannot afford to increase them by as much as they’re asking – as much as 500% more in some cases. These players are already full time, however, so they’ll have to put up with it while I hope that the squad harmony doesn’t drop too much. It’s looking ok at the moment, touch wood! One bit of bad news however – my top scorer and best performer, Jack Cousins, has been ruled out for 8-10 months with cruciate ligament damage.

Other players of note:

Ben Farrell

Arguably my most important signing, a solid utility player with a powerful shot who has played across midfield and at right back this season.

Richard Amos

Still going strong, the academy centre half has provided his best seasonal goal return of his career to date (history).

Garry Richards

All-present this season and as solid as ever alongside Amos. However, I wonder whether League 2 may be a step too far considering his lack of pace.

Simon Burrows

A very promising young striker who will have to fill Cousins’ boots next season, as the top scorer has just been ruled out for upto ten months.

Michael McKenzie

Young winger, released by Liverpool, who provided extra quality in terms of beating defenders and delivering crosses for the strikers, a massively important addition to the squad.

Season         League                League Finish     Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Blue Square North           13th              None
2010/11    Blue Square North           10th              None 
2011/12    Blue Square North           1st               BSN Winners
2012/13    Blue Square Premier         3rd               CLC Winners, Playoff finalists
2013/14    Blue Square Premier         1st               CLC Winners 

Season 09/10: http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2476821#post2476821

Season 10/11:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3023167#post3023167

Season 11/12:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3102718#post3102718

Season 12/13:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3663080#post3663080

Archived