The "Waiting for WWSM in the Us while they play it everywhere else" thread

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FM is showing up with a release date of 19 Nov for me on gogamer, with a pre-order price of $44.90. Have other people ordered it, as opposed to pre-ordering? And didn't everyone else say it was cheaper than this?

That is very weird. I ordered from them and of course haven't received it. I ordered when it was only 27.99 US excluding shipping. They also say the release date was the 17th before.

LOL. It appears the gogamer crew are true capitalists at heart. I bought the thing for 27.99 plus shipping mere hours ago. Perhaps they've realized a rush of business. Wonder why ... ? :)

and it said the 17th at that time. Perhaps they've exhausted their supply.

Gogamer now says Nov.19th??? crazy. And the price is now $45. It really must be a UK import. I looked in the "uk import" section yesterday and FM wasn't in there. FM 08 was and was selling for $45.

Luckily I got mine for 32.89 plus priority shipping. I hope I get it soon. Has anyone used gogamer before? I don't want to get ripped off or something. Why the 19th? I hope those of us that orderd it when it said the 17th will get it soon. My order still says "processing".

Edit: FM 08 is now $37, must have dropped it because of FM 09.

Left4Dead's release date is the 18th and is $44.90

I think it's because of demand, but that shouldnt affect those who already have pre-ordered, lke me. I also pre-ordered for 32.99. I sent an email to them to make sure that doesnt affect me. It really sucks to have to pay almost double from one day to another. However, yesterday it said the 17th, and that's what I expect since that's what it was when I ordered the game.

I'm hoping those who pre-ordered with the 17th release date will have it shipped today.

I'm thinking it says the 19th now because gogamer ran out of games. The people who pre-ordered when it said the 17th, probably got all the games and gogamer had to order more, thus now the release date is 19th for the new batch of games.

This is just awful customer service. Firstly, we in NA are all made to get WWSM unless we want to order FM from overseas, and have to wait longer for patches as well as endure compatibility issues with 3rd party applications. Second, we were led to believe that WWSM would be released here on the 14th, the same day as FM- admittedly, this wasn't malicious on the part of SI, but it is still pretty ignorant. Instead, we're left waiting until the 17th, right? Wrong. Guess what- today is November 17, and the game still isn't going to be released for 14 hours, by which time it will be November 18th. What a farce. Yes, the market here is difficult to capture for a football/soccer game, and yes, that is in large part due to a very different sporting culture here. However, don't think the fact that this whole release has been one fiasco after another doesn't have a part to play in it as well.

This is just awful customer service. Firstly, we in NA are all made to get WWSM unless we want to order FM from overseas, and have to wait longer for patches as well as endure compatibility issues with 3rd party applications. Second, we were led to believe that WWSM would be released here on the 14th, the same day as FM- admittedly, this wasn't malicious on the part of SI, but it is still pretty ignorant. Instead, we're left waiting until the 17th, right? Wrong. Guess what- today is November 17, and the game still isn't going to be released for 14 hours, by which time it will be November 18th. What a farce. Yes, the market here is difficult to capture for a football/soccer game, and yes, that is in large part due to a very different sporting culture here. However, don't think the fact that this whole release has been one fiasco after another doesn't have a part to play in it as well.

Yeah, talk about a scummy trick, releasing it at 1159 pm on the 17th. Just awful. This country's (America) interest in good football is lukewarm at best. I can't bear to watch MLS with all of their silly gimmicks and sub-par football. They can't keep the top-notch Americans here (Dempsey, Adu, for example). They know that their salary cap is silly, that's why they made the Beckham exception, hoping to generate interest. All it's going to do is lure over-the-hill footballers here for one more payday, till MLS folds. A joke. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Yeah and then guess what? When the game is finally released you still won't be able to play it because the unpatached version is pretty much unplayable.

It actually tickles me to see Americans complaining about how much longer they're being forced to wait for something to be released over there. How many times have we had the same issue in Europe with games movies and tv series that all get released in the US much sooner. In particular, things like Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Heroes and so on, are released a good 6 months sooner in America than they are here. How can you feel hard done to when your own country's developers and producers do the same thing to Europeans? Serves you right if you ask me. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and enjoy Football Manager.

It actually tickles me to see Americans complaining about how much longer they're being forced to wait for something to be released over there. How many times have we had the same issue in Europe with game,s movies and tv series that all get released in the US much sooner. In particular, things like Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Heroes and so on, are released a good 6 months sooner in America than they are here. How can you feel hard done to when your own countries developers and producers do the same thing to Europeans? Serves you right if you ask me. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and enjoy Football Manager.

Hey Tal, my big problem is that we can't get the same product. I have to order mine from overseas because they will only release crap WWSM here. Tal, please excuse me while I go enjoy everything else we get first ;-)

It actually tickles me to see Americans complaining about how much longer they're being forced to wait for something to be released over there. How many times have we had the same issue in Europe with game,s movies and tv series that all get released in the US much sooner. In particular, things like Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Heroes and so on, are released a good 6 months sooner in America than they are here. How can you feel hard done to when your own countries developers and producers do the same thing to Europeans? Serves you right if you ask me. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and enjoy Football Manager.

FYI, I'm Canadian, not that it should matter, but apparently if I were American that would excuse you from being an utter *****. Secondly, and fyi, the problem isn't so much the 3/4 day delay in the release so much as the abysmal job that's been done of communicating 1) that there would be a delay, and 2) in ensuring a relative equality in the quality of the product that will be provided to the consumer. Not only do people in NA get the delay, which is tolerable- (It's four days, big deal, I have a life and can manage), but we also are receiving a product that, imo, is not up to the same standard as what people who get FM are receiving. That part is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned- I didn't ask for some pseudo-FM with sub-par patching and support, but I'm made to pay just as much for it.

I'm not being an "utter *****" as you put it. I'm merely pointing out that we frequently get the same sort of treatment, and we don't get any explanation as to why we have to wait longer for something that is released in the US. Sports Interactive have a lot of things to fix, and they're working on them presumably with some order of priority. It's not really much of a surprise that their main priority is the European market where there is a greater interest in football and the game.

FYI, I'm Canadian, not that it should matter, but apparently if I were American that would excuse you from being an utter *****. Secondly, and fyi, the problem isn't so much the 3/4 day delay in the release so much as the abysmal job that's been done of communicating 1) that there would be a delay, and 2) in ensuring a relative equality in the quality of the product that will be provided to the consumer. Not only do people in NA get the delay, which is tolerable- (It's four days, big deal, I have a life and can manage), but we also are receiving a product that, imo, is not up to the same standard as what people who get FM are receiving. That part is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned- I didn't ask for some pseudo-FM with sub-par patching and support, but I'm made to pay just as much for it.

Clayden, exactly. FM gets superior support, superior patching, and no issues with 3rd party tools/pics/etc and that's what we'd want.

Has anyone else that ordered from Amazon seen this

Estimated ship date Nov 24

Estimated Delivery date Dec 2-8

Now, I have to say that I don't believe these are accurate, I'm guessing its just a heavy handed way to "encourage" people to pay them for faster processing/shipping. However, I'm pretty sure that I could grab a backpack and a copy of the game and a bicycle and deliver it to almost anywhere in the United States in less time than that. :O

I'm not being an "utter *****" as you put it. I'm merely pointing out that we frequently get the same sort of treatment, and we don't get any explanation as to why we have to wait longer for something that is released in the US. Sports Interactive have a lot of things to fix, and they're working on them presumably with some order of priority. It's not really much of a surprise that their main priority is the European market where there is a greater interest in football and the game.

You don't get the same treatment. Do you get a DIFFERENT product, say movie or game than we get here? No.

Has anyone else that ordered from Amazon seen this

Estimated ship date Nov 24

Estimated Delivery date Dec 2-8

Now, I have to say that I don't believe these are accurate, I'm guessing its just a heavy handed way to "encourage" people to pay them for faster processing/shipping. However, I'm pretty sure that I could grab a backpack and a copy of the game and a bicycle and deliver it to almost anywhere in the United States in less time than that. :O

I buy mine at Gameplay. They shipped on the 12th and I have a feeling there will be a treat for me in my mailbox when I get home later since I live on the east coast.

It goes both ways, yes I agree. But, if you knew a product was being released and the American developers gave you as little information to your questions as they are to ours about WWSM (We Were Screwed Manager) 09 then you would have every right to try to find somewhere to ask those questions and complain.

Plus, I have to wait for episodes of Top Gear (Hammond, Clarkson, and May are quite a delight), I have missed out on most of the new version of the good Doctor Who. That Merlin show that just started on your side of the pond sounds very intriguing. Lots of American entertainment is formulaic and watered down to appeal to a mass audience, be it TV, games, or movies.

The issue ls the lack of communication and mis-communication. I pre-ordered and paid for a game that I was told I could download on the 14th. On the 11th, I find out that was a mistake and I can't get the game until the 17th. On the 16th, I learn that it is not really going to be released on the 17th, but now on the 18th. Toss in no communication on whether the game will be patched.... and that's the issues.

FM is showing up with a release date of 19 Nov for me on gogamer, with a pre-order price of $44.90. Have other people ordered it, as opposed to pre-ordering? And didn't everyone else say it was cheaper than this?

Amazon still has a 18th release date at least. It cost me $32.73 with no priority shipping when I pre-ordered it during the 1st week of October.

Last year I paid $29.99 for FM, I forget the shipping fee.

Don't you think there is a reason why almost all big companies focus on the North American for initial release? MONEY

If this is the case, then you still don't have a leg to stand on in the case of Football Manager. I would expect that the majority of their money comes from the European release and so that gets more attention when it comes to support and patching.

Stop throwing stones from your glass houses. Your big American corporations treat Europe the same way as SI have treated America.

I'm pointing out that you're missing the point- honestly, I'm not bothered so much with the delay in release. What I'm more bothered by is the inferior product we'll be receiving. IMO, and correct me if I'm wrong, when you do eventually receive whatever US-produced products you're after, they're of the same quality as what we over here would've received previously.

The only thing that does bother me about the delay is the fact that it was never properly communicated- and then when it was, it was represented fairly disingenuously. If something is going to be released on Nov. 17th, I would expect a modicum of tact, with it not being released one minute before Nov. 18th. To me, all of this just exacerbates the greater problem, which is that we're paying an identical price for an inferior product. Imagine having to watch all of the the US based shows/movies you do with all of the voices dubbed into unintelligible, cockney accents. You'd be disappointed too.

*shrugs*

I just don't get how it's an inferior product. I've played the demos for the last couple years and I've played WWSM for the last couple years. I've never noticed a single difference, once the game starts. (of course I go into preferences and change to British english and change from dollars to pounds). I've downloaded tons of kits, logos, facepacks and can't remember any of them not working. I've gotten all the patches that FM got.

*shrugs again*

It is not inferior in any way in terms of gameplay. Big deal a couple words are different who cares.

The biggest problem is that they won't be releasing a playable game when they said they would.......

Si's testing has never been the greatest unfortunately...It'll be amazing once they sort it out...

I ordered mine from gameplay.com on the 14th and got an e-mail today saying its been dispatched. Based on past experience, I should see it the middle of next week, which isn't all that bad considering the delays we're seeing here in the U.S. The price is comparable too once you factor in a pretty favorable exchange rate and the price hike on gogamer. Plus my kids think it's cool that the game physically comes from England.

I would encourage people here stateside that haven't ordered yet to try gameplay.com and get the real game and avoid all the downers with WWSM.

I ordered FM this year because I want the "real" game. I liked WSM but by the time I got 08 (months after it was released) I had a hard time downloading the patches and squad updates,never got them to work.

I feel it will be easier to just get FM and not have to deal with the possiblity of the WSM patch not working or something similar. I believe the FM patch won't even work with WSM, so that means more waiting.

I ordered mine from gameplay.com on the 14th and got an e-mail today saying its been dispatched. Based on past experience, I should see it the middle of next week, which isn't all that bad considering the delays we're seeing here in the U.S. The price is comparable too once you factor in a pretty favorable exchange rate and the price hike on gogamer. Plus my kids think it's cool that the game physically comes from England.

I would encourage people here stateside that haven't ordered yet to try gameplay.com and get the real game and avoid all the downers with WWSM.

Seconded! .

This entire debacle should be all SI needs to remember when they complain about people pirating the game. There are plenty of people that would have no problem buying a game that is released when promised and in a playable format, but when you start to dick people around they become less motivated to give you their hard-earned money.

I've already ordered my copy of FM from across the pond and have no plans to pirate the game because I have too much repect for some of the staff at SI that do still care about the customers, but it still would be nice if some acknowledgment of the issues could be made though.

They are extremely lucky they have a game that is somewhat unique and that is head and shoulders above their competition. If this was a FPS and a role playing game their customers would be gone. I know I would be if there was an alternative game that was equal in terms of gameplay quality.

They just don't seem to have the ability to get things done properly. It is shocking that after the debacle release of the demo, and that after Steam changed their release date of WWSM to the 17th, that they still would not be able to go with a playable game tonight.

I wonder if they all sit in a meeting room and say "OK we just ticked our loyal customers off big time by changing the release date 2 weeks before it was supposed to be released, now let's torture them and see if we can make them hate us by not releasing the patch on time and let them rot with the unplayable version of our game for a few days after the delayed released date".

im annoyed by the lack of news on the north american release. i just moved to canada from the uk so this is the first time i have had to go through this. Now im not annoyed that the game is coming out later than in the uk as taht is life and happens with computer games cd movies etc etc. Whats annoyed me teh most is the lack of word from si. I just hope when i get home tonight i will be able to down load the game. I can see the attraction of just getting Fm09 sent over however i went for WWSM as the price looked good and im not to botherd about getting patches later as it doesnt make much diffrence in teh grand scheme of things. As i say the only thing that annoys me is they dont tell us anything just tell us and most people will stop being annoyed and can look forward to when the game and patch comes out.

They are extremely lucky they have a game that is somewhat unique and that is head and shoulders above their competition. I know I would be if there was an alternative game that was equal in terms of gameplay quality.

You should check out Fifa Manager 09. I feel the same way you did, but this year I finally decided to give another game a go, and was quite impressed with Fifa. Even a lot of the fluff you can just let the computer manage for you. Was a big surprise considering the last Fifa manager game I played and how poor it was. The competition is fast catching up.

Archived