The "Waiting for WWSM in the Us while they play it everywhere else" thread

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

We would prefer a universal release date, unfortunately due to distribution and production reasons - we can't alway release simultaneously.

Please accept our apologies - we are trying to resolve this for future versions.

Regards,

Murray

The point for me is not the different release dates between the UK and North America, but the fact the release date has changed 3 times and counting since I paid for the game.

Pre-load from Steam means you download the game from their servers to your machine, thus only waiting on the official release time to allow the game to be unlocked, instead of waiting until the official release time to begin downloading the game.

Well, I pre-ordered it and it still says 'not yet released'(as it should since it isn't). When it is available for "pre-load" does that mean that screen with "My Games" will change and give me an option to download it or do I have to do something special?

Thank you Muzchap for the response. I'm significantly less infuriated now. Like I (and everyone else) said about this, it isn't the delays that are bothersome so much as the complete lack in communicating them until they're imminent. Thanks again for the information.

Hi guys

CONFIRMED

STEAM PRE-DOWNLOAD - AVAILABLE NOW

STEAM RELEASE - 18th November 09:00 - PATCHED! (Ignore other retailers - Amazon.com are our officially supported retailer)

Please accept my apologies for the changing RELEASE dates - that was a confusion between us and STEAM - totally OUR fault and absolutely no reflection on STEAM.

Please blame me, if you need to blame anybody - our first time of working with Steam.

Ok - it's 00:40 here I'm off to bed - if you have any other questions, I'll happily answer in my morning, 7 hours from now :)

Regards,

Murray

P.S. Those taking a 'sick-day' - please make sure your excuse is believable, or if you are lucky enough to get 'duvet days' now might be a good time to use one :)

Hi guys

CONFIRMED

STEAM RELEASE - 18th November 09:00am - PATCHED!

Please accept my apologies for the changing RELEASE dates - that was a confusion between us and STEAM - totally OUR fault and absolutely no reflection on STEAM.

Please blame me, if you need to blame anybody - our first time of working with Steam.

Ok - it's 00:40 here I'm off to bed - if you have any other questions, I'll happily answer in my morning, 7 hours from now :)

Regards,

Murray

Thank you for your help- the delay isn't a big deal at all. It's a game, people can live without it, but it's nice to know when they'll happen, and you're the only one who's been forthright about providing that, or at least who managed to get the job done when he tried. Thanks again.

I hope wwsm is going to be avaliable in retail cd version. if steam is only option i'll gladly run my 08 version. i have heard some are saying that the new 3d version lets you see where mistakes in your tactics are being made more easily. i do like the sound of this but man 08 is very solid and i am under no obligation to upgrade for a few years if steam is the only option. ill gladly make an intl call to activate as long as steam stays off my pc.

nevermind i just checked amazon and they do have the cd version. ill make the intl call to get it activated. i hear you dont have to have the internet on in order to play it if you activate by phone...hearsay i say.

And my roller-coaster ride to getting a copy of fm\wwsm 2009 continues...:)

First thanks muzchap for clarifying that wwsm will be patched at release, very good news and something SI\Sega should be shouting for everyone to hear.

My quest for "the greatest job in the world" 2009 :)

1. preordered wwsm from Amazon when first announced. Canceled and went to gogamer when they listed FM for earlier release (nov 17th) and a couple of bucks cheaper.

2. Canceled gogamer and preordered wwsm from Steam to get the game the 14th. Had a wide open weekend to play but then date moved to the 17th :(

3.Canceled Steam order and moved to gogamer FM with overnight shipping ($42, not bad) hoping to play Monday the 17th or Tuesday at the latest. Baically I'd have a dvd copy of FM and be able to play at the same time as wwsm. Date then moved to the 19th and after contacting gogamer knew I wouldn't be getting the game until at least Wed if not later. Bummed out.

4. Came here to check on status of wwsm expecting no patch. Muzchap's post though would seem to allow me to play, patched, tomorrow if I go back to Steam. Cancel my gogamer order and preorder from Steam again and am now preloading wwsm. According to Steam release is in about 5 hours and I have tomorrow off:) Of course with the way this year has gone who knows?

Good God, what a ride. Can't wait to start playing tomorrow, I hope.

And my roller-coaster ride to getting a copy of fm\wwsm 2009 continues...:)

First thanks muzchap for clarifying that wwsm will be patched at release, very good news and something SI\Sega should be shouting for everyone to hear.

My quest for "the greatest job in the world" 2009 :)

1. preordered wwsm from Amazon when first announced. Canceled and went to gogamer when they listed FM for earlier release (nov 17th) and a couple of bucks cheaper.

2. Canceled gogamer and preordered wwsm from Steam to get the game the 14th. Had a wide open weekend to play but then date moved to the 17th

3.Canceled Steam order and moved to gogamer FM with overnight shipping ($42, not bad) hoping to play Monday the 17th or Tuesday at the latest. Baically I'd have a dvd copy of FM and be able to play at the same time as wwsm. Date then moved to the 19th and after contacting gogamer knew I wouldn't be getting the game until at least Wed if not later. Bummed out.

4. Came here to check on status of wwsm expecting no patch. Muzchap's post though would seem to allow me to play, patched, tomorrow if I go back to Steam. Cancel my gogamer order and preorder from Steam again and am now preloading wwsm. According to Steam release is in about 5 hours and I have tomorrow off:) Of course with the way this year has gone who knows?

Good God, what a ride. Can't wait to start playing tomorrow, I hope.

Wow - that is a ROLLERCOASTER

Well - good news - you finally made the right choice - Playing tomorrow (patched) :)

Those people trying to get an imported version of FM 2009, is it possible that the reason Gogamer keeps pushing back the release date is because they are awaiting their own stock of FM2009? I don't actually know anything about Gogamer, is it an American based company? If so, presumably they have to get enough copies of FM2009 shipped over to the states before they can even begin distributing to their customers. I might be completely wrong on this, just a thought I had, see if I couldn't make a constructive comment this time.

Oh, wait so the 9:00 am time he gave is in what time zone?

Whatever the most popular is - sorry for my 'ignorance' is is PST?

Basically, check in Steam - whatever timezone Steam run to - that's when the game is live.

Sorry - US market is not my responsibility - but as a member of SEGA - had to do my bit - hence the hazy replied on timezones :(

Thank you murray!

Great to hear about the patch. That was my biggest worry! I can wait couple of days extra for the release of the game, but waiting a week or worse undetermined amount of time for the patch was certainly unacceptable.

One kudos for SI is using download feature such as Stream. Saves me so much trouble in that I don't have to stop store to pick it up or I don't have to worry about putting in the cd all the time. Great feature.

I pre-ordered it from gogamer on the 13th and it said the release date was the 17th. I went to check my order today and it is still "processing" and I see the date has been pushed back to the 19th. Just sent an e-mail to see what is going on, I am not a happy woman right now.

Yeah, I did the same in a round about way. I also emailed gogamer today and got a response that didn't make me real happy and I don't think it will make you happy either.

I was told their release was moved back because they hadn't received their stock of games yet. He said it should release in the next few days with no promise of tomorrow.

With the news wwsm will be patched, I canceled and went back to Steam. Preloading now is at 80% :)

This is sweet! It's like watching the stock market, release dates keep changing, gogamer.com is real-time, price changes based on market forces and demand. Ordering FM09 is like a game unto itself!!

...because we're constantly fighting terrible artificial intelligence on the other side? ;)

Still waiting for my Amazon delivery.

Luckily, my enjoyable FM'08 game has taken a turn for the frustrating, with my team languishing in 19th and tending to go on runs like: 3-0, 2-3, 3-0, 2-5. :D I think I've got Jekyll and Hyde as my starting central defenders..

just a quick question to anyone who can answer this.

Will all our facepacks/shortlists and custom tactics and schedules still be in the my documents folder? I am sure I read this as well but you can play the game without steam running in the background? Heard its dragging the shortcut onto the desktop?

Thanks

just ordered from amazon said will be delivered by 21st (paid extra $7.95 :()

So i have this weekend to shut the door and do no laundry, skimp by on a 12 pack of cokes and crackers. Have to get out my official WWSM ****-bucket (used during new release weekends). And to top it off family is coming to my house for thanksgiving ill turn the tv set on and say man have i been feeling bad lately...shut the door and continue where i left off. hmm i have wednesday through tuesday off for thanksgiving i'll be a zombie when i get back to work. hayes should be somewhere near the championship league by then so ill take a breather for the push to premier for the christmas holidays.

Hi guys

CONFIRMED

STEAM RELEASE - 18th November 09:00 - PATCHED! (Ignore other retailers - Amazon.com are our officially supported retailer)

Regards,

Murray

P.S. Those taking a 'sick-day' - please make sure your excuse is believable, or if you are lucky enough to get 'duvet days' now might be a good time to use one :)

Hi MacUser - sorry bad news :(

Yes, you'll be waiting (unless ordered from Amazon)

Thanks so much Murray, you've been great tonight. A lot of bad pr was overturned by your help. Thanks again, I'll cheerily wait and plan to take a couple of days off when it comes out.

So if we download from steam do we have to activate it through steam? Or can we use uniloc?

Hi - if you download through Steam - you are tied to Steam - it's nothing to be concerned about - the game is identical and I personally love the Steam experience - my games anywhere in the world with an internet connection :)

Thanks so much Murray, you've been great tonight. A lot of bad pr was overturned by your help. Thanks again, I'll cheerily wait and plan to take a couple of days off when it comes out.

Hi MacUser - many thanks for the kind words - I'll do my best to find an ETA on the MacPatch - although I do have to say, the game is very stable on the MAC - definitely more issues on the PC - so you should be good to go on Day 1 :)

Archived