FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

5 hours ago, Big D Man said:

That might be hard though because usually FA Cup final will be between 2 teams who would otherwise finish in the top 6 anyway. I will have to save it when it gets to the quarter finals, and keep reloading until a team outside of the top 6 wins the FA Cup.

I think i could have fixed it, im just hoping for a team outside the top 6 to win the fa cup to test the theory of them qualifying for the europa league.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I think i could have fixed it, im just hoping for a team outside the top 6 to win the fa cup to test the theory of them qualifying for the europa league.

Nice one. I hope you have fixed it. What did you change? Try and save it at quarter final stage and reload until someone outside top 6 wins.

3 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Nice one. I hope you have fixed it. What did you change? Try and save it at quarter final stage and reload until someone outside top 6 wins.

i removed europa league qualification and i added it in on fate actions, just waiting for someone to win it outside top 6, fa cup is running every season now

42 minuti fa, Big D Man ha scritto:

37 minuti fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

i removed europa league qualification and i added it in on fate actions, just waiting for someone to win it outside top 6, fa cup is running every season now

You could take control of team inside top-6 in quarter final, return from holiday in matchdays, select just u-18 players losing intentionally the game.

19 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

You could take control of team inside top-6 in quarter final, return from holiday in matchdays, select just u-18 players losing intentionally the game.

i have took control of man city and put players in wrong positions so should lose, then i might be able to finally find out if it works

6 minuti fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Everton win the fa cup and qualify for the europa league.

i will just run it into next season to make sure they enter.

Capture.thumb.JPG.dd6dc705a27387c5060dc42819ec8f86.JPG

Maybe it just me missing something obvious but...  why Liverpool in EL and not CL? And why Chelsea in EL and Tottenham out of every UEFA cup?

16 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Maybe it just me missing something obvious but...  why Liverpool in EL and not CL? And why Chelsea in EL and Tottenham out of every UEFA cup?

the season had not quite finished.

tottenham beat chelsea in the europa league final and qualified for champions league

Liverpool qualified for champions league as they won it and also finished in top 4.

chelsea won the carabao cup.

5 english teams in the champions league because of it

everton in europa league after winning fa cup, yipee lol

Edited by lionel messi

1 minuto fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

the season had not quite finished.

tottenham beat chelsea in the europa league final and qualified for champions league

Liverpool qualified for champions league as they won it.

chelsea won the carabao cup.

5 english teams in the champions league because of it

everton in europa league after winning fa cup, yipee lol

:D Oh ok, good news then! Happy you finally was able to sort everything, great work again!

28 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You have to feel sorry for Norwich City in 7th though because of all this they dont qualify for europe.

Excellent work Messi. I knew you'd get this sorted! I will download the newest database and have a play around then, alongside my existing save before all this FA Cup drama! :lol:

13 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Haha I think I remember you telling me that last month actually. What save are you currently doing in FM19? I know you were managing 2 teams at one point.

I bit off more than I could chew with that one as I couldn't mentally keep track of which team players were in. I've restarted with my first-ever genuine Journeyman career, related here:

The Backstop Bottom Feeder

I've always gotten so attached to my first club that I stay throughout the save, but this time I'll jump around. That's probably incompatible with an Academy Challenge, but the reason I do that is when you can buy/bring in players it makes the game too easy for me.

13 hours ago, lionel messi said:

You have to feel sorry for Norwich City in 7th though because of all this they dont qualify for europe.

The only other "issue" I've seen in the database is the strength of some reserve teams in lower leagues. This is not a major concern for me personally, but may be for other people who play as teams in the same divisions as:

- Plymouth Reserves

- Solihull Moors Reserves

- Gateshead Reserves

I think these are level 10/11 teams, and they always dominate their respective leagues. I could be wrong, but I also think they can be promoted as well. Obviously, once they reach a certain level in the football pyramid, they wouldn't be very competitive and would stagnate. But at the very low levels, 11, 10, 9, even maybe level 8, they will cause a problem for people playing in the same division as them.

(Again this is assuming they actually can be promoted, which did seem to be the case when I checked on my file).

With the second save I am going to start with the newest database Messi released, I am thinking of just deleting them from the database, and editing the county cups accordingly to reflect their removal from the game. I will just give the above 3 teams a standard U23 squad instead.

Edited by Big D Man

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I bit off more than I could chew with that one as I couldn't mentally keep track of which team players were in. I've restarted with my first-ever genuine Journeyman career, related here:

The Backstop Bottom Feeder

I've always gotten so attached to my first club that I stay throughout the save, but this time I'll jump around. That's probably incompatible with an Academy Challenge, but the reason I do that is when you can buy/bring in players it makes the game too easy for me.

I like the look of that, looks interesting. Especially with teams on the same points ranked at random! :lol:. I will keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on.

7 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

The only other "issue" I've seen in the database is the strength of some reserve teams in lower leagues. This is not a major concern for me personally, but may be for other people who play as teams in the same divisions as:

- Plymouth Reserves

- Gateshead Reserves

I think these are level 10/11 teams, and they always dominate their respective leagues. I could be wrong, but I also think they can be promoted as well. Obviously, once they reach a certain level in the football pyramid, they wouldn't be very competitive and would stagnate. But at the very low levels, 11, 10, 9, even maybe level 8, they will cause a problem for people playing in the same division as them.

(Again this is assuming they actually can be promoted, which did seem to be the case when I checked on my file).

With the second save I am going to start with the newest database Messi released, I am thinking of just deleting them from the database, and editing the county cups accordingly to reflect their removal from the game. I will just give the above 3 teams a standard U23 squad instead.

Can these teams be promoted to the same leagues as the 1st team? Are these teams able to promote IRL?

1 minute ago, lee50_11 said:

Can these teams be promoted to the same leagues as the 1st team? Are these teams able to promote IRL?

I'm not 100% sure Lee.

Messi will be more knowledgeable on this. I did see some rules in the editor which say "reserve team / B teams cannot be promoted" or something along those lines. However, I could have sworn that Gateshead Reserves got promoted in the first season. Playing something like 28 games, and winning all 28 games :eek:! They also won the Wearside Cup too.

In the second season (which I am currently in myself), they may have just moved to another level 11 division (due to geographical reasons), I'm not fully sure, and I'm not back home for another 5 hours to check.

Compared to the issues that Messi has already fixed, this really isn't a serious one and can be sorted pretty easy.

1 minute ago, Big D Man said:

I'm not 100% sure Lee.

Messi will be more knowledgeable on this. I did see some rules in the editor which say "reserve team / B teams cannot be promoted" or something along those lines. However, I could have sworn that Gateshead Reserves got promoted in the first season. Playing something like 28 games, and winning all 28 games :eek:! They also won the Wearside Cup too.

In the second season (which I am currently in myself), they may have just moved to another level 11 division (due to geographical reasons), I'm not fully sure, and I'm not back home for another 5 hours to check.

Compared to the issues that Messi has already fixed, this really isn't a serious one and can be sorted pretty easy.

Ok just holidaying a season and a half myself so i will check if they get promoted. I did stop and check and they were both top of the league unbeaten. How do you fix it in the editor? Thanks

24 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I'm not 100% sure Lee.

I'm from Plymouth, and I can tell you that it's been like this long before LeoM and Dan made their files. You can't set the rep for a reserve team as the AI automatically make it a fraction of the first team's rep.  Argyle Reserves always dominate their league. The rules for many sides are the team can get promoted up to the division below the Mother Team, but in Argyle Reserves case I'm sure their ceiling is well below Football League level. There are other lower leagues where the reserve sides can't get promoted at all, so you can finish behind them and go up. The league rules tab should tell you the deal for the reserve sides in your division.

5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm from Plymouth, and I can tell you that it's been like this long before LeoM and Dan made their files. You can't set the rep for a reserve team as the AI automatically make it a fraction of the first team's rep.  Argyle Reserves always dominate their league. The rules for many sides are the team can get promoted up to the division below the Mother Team, but in Argyle Reserves case I'm sure their ceiling is well below Football League level. There are other lower leagues where the reserve sides can't get promoted at all, so you can finish behind them and go up. The league rules tab should tell you the deal for the reserve sides in your division.

It does say in the league rules that B teams cannot promote. But as they are reserve teams and have been added separate (they even have a different shade of colour when you view the squad) Im not sure how they will be treated.

48 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

- Plymouth Reserves

- Gateshead Reserves

Reserve teams cant be promoted. So if you are in a league with reserve teams the next team down gets promotion.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Reserve teams cant be promoted. So if you are in a league with reserve teams the next team down gets promotion.

Yeah end of 1st season the 3 reserve teams mentioned are still at the same levels.

35 minutes ago, lee50_11 said:

Ok just holidaying a season and a half myself so i will check if they get promoted. I did stop and check and they were both top of the league unbeaten. How do you fix it in the editor? Thanks

Some of the strong reserve teams i tried lowering there reputatation but it defaults back to what it was when i verify it.

Just now, lionel messi said:

Some of the strong reserve teams i tried lowering there reputatation but it defaults back to what it was when i verify it.

Yeah as long as they don't get promoted which they don't, its not much of an issue luckily the region i want to play in avoids these teams anyway.

48 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I obviously wasn't paying enough attention then as I thought they had got promoted to a new division after the first season. I will double check when I get home and if it did happen then I will post screenshots. How are you doing in your save Messi?

So I re-downloaded the database and am going to re-start my Sheppey United FC save, as I only had a few hours on it. Quick question for all of you that are playing this DB: How did you set up your databases/which leagues did you load? Also, do you guys fiddle with the detail level at all?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I obviously wasn't paying enough attention then as I thought they had got promoted to a new division after the first season. I will double check when I get home and if it did happen then I will post screenshots. How are you doing in your save Messi?

I have about a 12 to 14 point lead at the top of the midland league premier division.

About half way through the season.

Ive lost a few good players recently.

About 40k in debt.

6 minutes ago, pebsykid said:

So I re-downloaded the database and am going to re-start my Sheppey United FC save, as I only had a few hours on it. Quick question for all of you that are playing this DB: How did you set up your databases/which leagues did you load? Also, do you guys fiddle with the detail level at all?

Cheers

I'm doing a UK+Ireland Journeyman career, so I've loaded this up with a L12 Scottish, L12 Irish, L7 Welsh and the top divisions in Germany, Spain, Italy and France so that the Euro competitions are more balanced. That's 53 leagues. I don't think the level of detail makes a whole lot of difference, but the number of leagues affects processing speed which with my rig is already pretty slow. I load a small database with a few hundred extra players loaded from the divisions immediately above me.

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm doing a UK+Ireland Journeyman career, so I've loaded this up with a L12 Scottish, L12 Irish, L7 Welsh and the top divisions in Germany, Spain, Italy and France so that the Euro competitions are more balanced. That's 53 leagues. I don't think the level of detail makes a whole lot of difference, but the number of leagues affects processing speed which with my rig is already pretty slow. I load a small database with a few hundred extra players loaded from the divisions immediately above me.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I have been combing through a bunch of threads about this and realized that I had loaded way too many leagues (even if some were view only) the first time around and the game was going at a snails pace haha. I think I  will do your setup though, and having the Scottish and Welsh db's, not going down all the way to the bottom in those leagues, but maybe 3-4th tier.

Do you do anything in the "advanced" custom setup (ie. load everyone in Europe and/or South America)?

Just now, pebsykid said:

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I have been combing through a bunch of threads about this and realized that I had loaded way too many leagues (even if some were view only) the first time around and the game was going at a snails pace haha. I think I  will do your setup though, and having the Scottish and Welsh db's, not going down all the way to the bottom in those leagues, but maybe 3-4th tier.

Do you do anything in the "advanced" custom setup (ie. load everyone in Europe and/or South America)?

I use 'advanced setup' to select a small database and add players from 2 or 3 lower leagues around where I start. I think having too large a database clogs up the game as much as too many leagues. If you're still processing too low, you could just load up this database only and not look at what's going on in European and World competitions!

40 minutes ago, pebsykid said:

Cheers

I have the following loaded:

English leagues down to level 11

Welsh Premier

Northern Irish top division

Republic of Ireland top division

Scotland down to League 2

French League 1

German top division

Spanish top division

Italian top division

Then in advanced setup I have a large database. I also tick the box which says "add players to playable teams". This will give every small team some fake players who have been generated by the game (instead of the grayed-out players who seem to have 6 or 7 for all their stats and can't be signed).

Edited by Big D Man

10 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Promotion from county leagues.

Capture.thumb.JPG.21c20b274e7dfdf3511e8ff8346f83b4.JPG

Nice progress mate. Hucknall Town are the new Man City with 100 points in a season :lol:. Do you use facepacks in your FM? I'm thinking of downloading one, but the file sizes are just so big.

I think it could be alot tougher this season unless i can get some much better players in, i can now offer players on part-time contracts which will stop them leaving quite so easily.

I dont use facepacks, i have a logo pack and a trophys pack installed.

Im in the FA Cup & FA Trophy this season.

My fixtures seem a little awry with the latest version. Playing in the Kent League at Level 11, my last game (using the previous version of the L11 file) generated fixtures as expected:

JjGNsdB.png

However, I decided to ditch that save as I'd made it too easy for myself, and started again with the new file. This time my fixtures were a bit more spaced out...

6IL2CKT.png

They're fine from December onwards, playing every weekend, but there's obviously the potential for fixture pile-ups if I progress in any cups, whereas in the earlier one there were spare weekends later in the season. And on the subject of cups, I haven't been entered into the Vase this time around.

Whether any of this is a problem/error or not I don't know. I'm going to crack on for now, but we're getting an awful lot of early friendlies in.

Edited by VinnyChilds
making clear the different versions used

2 hours ago, VinnyChilds said:

My fixtures seem a little awry with the latest version. Playing in the Kent League at Level 11, my last game (using the previous version of the L11 file) generated fixtures as expected:

JjGNsdB.png

However, I decided to ditch that save as I'd made it too easy for myself, and started again with the new file. This time my fixtures were a bit more spaced out...

6IL2CKT.png

They're fine from December onwards, playing every weekend, but there's obviously the potential for fixture pile-ups if I progress in any cups, whereas in the earlier one there were spare weekends later in the season. And on the subject of cups, I haven't been entered into the Vase this time around.

Whether any of this is a problem/error or not I don't know. I'm going to crack on for now, but we're getting an awful lot of early friendlies in.

Not all clubs at level 11 play in the FA Vase due to there being a 1000 teams limit on teams entering the competition, i fixed this because before not many level 9 clubs was entering the fa vase.

5 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Not all clubs at level 11 play in the FA Vase due to there being a 1000 teams limit on teams entering the competition, i fixed this because before not many level 9 clubs was entering the fa vase.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I just found the four weeks between games 2 and 3 a bit odd, even allowing for no Vase fixtures.

16 minutes ago, VinnyChilds said:

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I just found the four weeks between games 2 and 3 a bit odd, even allowing for no Vase fixtures.

Depending on the number of teams in the league it is to spread the season out from aug to may.

Promoted to the Northern Premier League Premier Division after a epic battle, just managed to scrape it on goal difference.

It was a very tough season and struggled to bring players in due to the wage budget, alot of players wanted £500+ per week which we could not offer.Capture.thumb.JPG.661b9a2ab293dce2bfb826ae064a3d07.JPG

3 hours ago, VinnyChilds said:

Random teams from level 11 clubs will enter the FA Vase. However, once you get promoted to level 10, you will always be in the FA Vase for as long as you remain at this level. The same goes for when you get promoted again to level 9. You will be in the FA Vase for every season you remain at level 9.

As for big gaps between fixtures, I was in a division with only 14 teams, so I sometimes had 10-20 day gaps too.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Promoted to the Northern Premier League Premier Division after a epic battle, just managed to scrape it on goal difference.

It was a very tough season and struggled to bring players in due to the wage budget, alot of players wanted £500+ per week which we could not offer.Capture.thumb.JPG.661b9a2ab293dce2bfb826ae064a3d07.JPG

Excellent work to get those promotions. Northern Premier League will prove a tough task with some of the clubs that are in there. I reckon Hucknall Town will do it though.

1 minute ago, Big D Man said:

Excellent work to get those promotions. Northern Premier League will prove a tough task with some of the clubs that are in there. I reckon Hucknall Town will do it though.

For some reason i have gone into the isthmian league premier division, dont know why but im going to look at it.

Im finding it really hard to get any players at this level, they all want massive wages.

On 15/03/2019 at 23:02, lionel messi said:

How is your save going?

I haven't had time to play a great deal this past week or so, due to working and a few activities with friends at the weekend. I'm in the second season, almost at the end. I am top with South Kirkby Colliery. So I am going for back-to-back promotions like you did yourself.

The changes that you have made, regarding maximum wages, 50% share of gate receipts and the regional boundaries, they are not things which will massively affect the save are they?

3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I haven't had time to play a great deal this past week or so, due to working and a few activities with friends at the weekend. I'm in the second season, almost at the end. I am top with South Kirkby Colliery. So I am going for back-to-back promotions like you did yourself.

The changes that you have made, regarding maximum wages, 50% share of gate receipts and the regional boundaries, they are not things which will massively affect the save are they?

They shouldnt do that much, i found that some teams was going into the wrong leagues (including myself)

I felt there needed to be a wage limit from Level 7 downwards as some players was asking for wages in excess of a £1000 per week.