FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

FA Cup does not start 2nd season.

I really do not know how to fix this or if it can be fixed.

It was running fine until the 19.3 update so i think it has something to do with that.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Ended the holiday at end of June, and can see that the FA Cup says "competition finished on 28/5/2019". So won't start in the 2nd season.

25 minutes ago, funnylittlefrog said:

Ah, I see. I don't understand the editor myself so don't know how stupid this question might be - but what harm would it do to the file/what would it mean in terms of workload to revert to basic rules?

I would lose alot of the work i have created.

In questo momento, lionel messi ha scritto:

I already have a save, into my 3rd season and the FA Cup has run every season.

Oh ok thanks! Btw, im using your lvl 10 version, currently in 2032 and enjoying a lot, really a good work!
Another thing... i dont write much here but i followed your tread, and if i remember correctly months ago you had to undo your FA Cup editing for some reason and then re-edit again, maybe if in the new SI database there is some change just in this competion you have to re-do that again.

17 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I already have a save, into my 3rd season and the FA Cup has run every season.

I think the FA Cup bug is somehow linked to the Europa League. Because when you click on the FA Cup, it doesn't really give any details about it, other than "Europa League Qualification". I've not really seen it do that before.

image.thumb.png.4590df9baeaad86c06bcd6c5f77fd06f.png

12 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Oh ok thanks! Btw, im using your lvl 10 version, currently in 2032 and enjoying a lot, really a good work!
Another thing... i dont write much here but i followed your tread, and if i remember correctly months ago you had to undo your FA Cup editing for some reason and then re-edit again, maybe if in the new SI database there is some change just in this competion you have to re-do that again.

Yeah i think i deleted the original FA Cup and there was no history of winners, i added it back in.

I have just noticed the competition start day is set at july-june maybe this is the problem, i have changed it from august-june.

does someone want to do a holiday test for me to see if the fa cup runs in the 2nd season, im going to play the game for a little.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yeah i think i deleted the original FA Cup and there was no history of winners, i added it back in.

I have just noticed the competition start day is set at july-june maybe this is the problem, i have changed it from august-june.

does someone want to do a holiday test for me to see if the fa cup runs in the 2nd season, im going to play the game for a little.

I would but it took around 3 hours earlier, and I want to play some myself. I will edit the same details as you have done on your database, rather than re-download it, and then try it tomorrow (assuming no one else has).

7 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I think the FA Cup bug is somehow linked to the Europa League. Because when you click on the FA Cup, it doesn't really give any details about it, other than "Europa League Qualification". I've not really seen it do that before.

image.thumb.png.4590df9baeaad86c06bcd6c5f77fd06f.png

Yes it could be something to do with that, i could remove the winners getting europa league qualification

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Yes it could be something to do with that, i could remove the winners getting europa league qualification

I'd prefer to have the qualification as it is what happens in reality. I'll see how quickly I can holiday if I set only 1 league and start with no club. Earlier I was holidaying whilst at a club and I had several nations loaded.

2 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I would but it took around 3 hours earlier, and I want to play some myself. I will edit the same details as you have done on your database, rather than re-download it, and then try it tomorrow (assuming no one else has).

How you doing in your save?

Im top of Midland League Premier Division by 14 points after 21 games.

You probally wont be in the fa vase at level 9 but you will be in the fa cup.

12 minuti fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Here is the file if someone wants to test to see if the fa cup starts in 2nd season.

England Level 11 Leagues & Data Updates.fmf 653 kb · 1 download

7 minuti fa, Big D Man ha scritto:

I'd prefer to have the qualification as it is what happens in reality. I'll see how quickly I can holiday if I set only 1 league and start with no club. Earlier I was holidaying whilst at a club and I had several nations loaded.

Just started a holiday with lvl 11 file, only England, will see how much time it needs.

6 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Just started a holiday with lvl 11 file, only England, will see how much time it needs.

Thanks for this Aiken.

Messi, I am in the 2nd season in the Northern Counties East Division 1. After 12 games I am top. I am in FA Vase because I am in a level 10 division at the moment.

Edited by Big D Man

Just now, lionel messi said:

is that 19.3 update though?, because his file was made before 19.3 update like mine

Yeah i just ran holiday to next season, 19.3. Seems working.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I made alot more changes to mine i think, like tv dates, tv money etc.

Yep theres one small bug tho season starts some reason at tuesday becouse of fa cup is played 12/8. I used your file until today when i started new save with 19.3.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Im not sure you can, i think it is hardcoded.

Holidaying is way, way faster on mine if I start with no team and only have England selected from the nations. I'm hoping this will still be able to give an accurate reflection of whether the FA Cup is working in the 2nd season though. I edited the database to start in August-June. I'm getting through a full month every 2-3 minutes.

Database tested when I changed dates to August-June. Still didn't work.

I am now testing what happens when you remove Europa League Qualification from winning the FA Cup.

EDIT: When I removed Europa League Qualification from the FA Cup - The FA Cup worked in the 2nd season. The problem lies around that issue.

image.thumb.png.c16dd38e9ad7831c79b9d568c309affd.png

Edited by Big D Man

29 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Np... however im sorry, 1st season FA Cup was win by Man C and in 2nd season it did not start.

I may have found the problem. I have edited my earlier post.

I am now going to add back in the Europa League Qualification as a prize of winning the FA Cup - to see if it goes back to being bugged again. This will 100% clarify this is the issue.

Edited by Big D Man

9 minuti fa, Big D Man ha scritto:

I may have found the problem. I have edited my earlier post.

I am now going to add back in the Europa League Qualification as a prize of winning the FA Cup - to see if it goes back to being bugged again. This will 100% clarify this is the issue.

Ok... i wonder if the problem could have something to do with one team qualifying for Europa League winning the FA Cup and at same time qualifying for UEFA competition through championship position (sorry for my english).

11 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Ok... i wonder if the problem could have something to do with one team qualifying for Europa League winning the FA Cup and at same time qualifying for UEFA competition through championship position (sorry for my english).

You have good English and that makes perfect sense. I have selected an advanced feature which changes it to "Runner-up can qualify". I am hoping this may fix it. Currently running the test.

Edited by Big D Man

2 minuti fa, Big D Man ha scritto:

You have good English and that makes perfect sense. I have selected an advanced feature which changes is to "Runner-up can qualify". I am hoping this may fix it. Currently running the test.

Finger crossed then.

23 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

Finger crossed then.

Even with "Runner-up can qualify" selected, the FA Cup still did not work in the second season. This is probably because the teams that usually win the FA Cup, or finish 2nd in the FA Cup, usually finish in the top 6 in the Premier League anyway, and this seems to be causing a problem with the database.

At least Messi will be able to have a look at it now and see if he can fix anything using the advanced rules!

26 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

You have good English and that makes perfect sense. I have selected an advanced feature which changes it to "Runner-up can qualify". I am hoping this may fix it. Currently running the test.

Im not sure if that could be it or not because it worked with only winner in 19.1

I think i could be on to it, i have checked claasens file.

he has someting on alternate dates that i have copied, also something on additional helpers for clashing with the world cup.

I will run a test over night and let you know how it goes.

5 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im not sure if that could be it or not because it worked with only winner in 19.1

I think i could be on to it, i have checked claasens file.

he has someting on alternate dates that i have copied, also something on additional helpers for clashing with the world cup.

I will run a test over night and let you know how it goes.

Ah fair enough then mate, but there could have been something within the 19.3 release which just didn't agree with the database, even though 19.1 did. There will be a work around, but you are much better at using the editor than I am. By the way, I can holiday a full season in about 15 mins now, so if you need anything testing tomorrow let me know.

1 minute ago, Big D Man said:

Ah fair enough then mate, but there could have been something within the 19.3 release which just didn't agree with the database, even though 19.1 did. There will be a work around, but you are much better at using the editor than I am. By the way, I can holiday a full season in about 15 mins now, so if you need anything testing tomorrow let me know.

Here is if you want to try it.

England Level 11 Leagues & Data Updates.fmf

4 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

You must have a really fast computer.

25 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You must have a really fast computer.

It's a pretty good laptop yeah. Just starting the save up with this new database. Will have feedback in around 10 ish minutes. Then bed!

Results of new file:

FA Cup still didn't work, but the winners of FA Cup, Leicester, were correctly in the Europa League for the following season. It will almost certainly be something to do with fiddling with dates, to see what finally works.

image.thumb.png.597e5136bf4e5998e910c2e2d28eba54.png

Edited by Big D Man

8 hours ago, Big D Man said:

It's a pretty good laptop yeah. Just starting the save up with this new database. Will have feedback in around 10 ish minutes. Then bed!

Results of new file:

FA Cup still didn't work, but the winners of FA Cup, Leicester, were correctly in the Europa League for the following season. It will almost certainly be something to do with fiddling with dates, to see what finally works.

image.thumb.png.597e5136bf4e5998e910c2e2d28eba54.png

Try removing europa league qualification just to see what happens.

35 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Try removing europa league qualification just to see what happens.

I imagine it will work because when I removed it from the earlier version of the database (before you put in the date and helpers settings) the FA Cup was running in the second season.

When I get home later I will remove the Europa qualification from your newest file and run the test again. The ideal situation is obviously to get the FA Cup to run every season, but not have to sacrifice qualification into the Europa League, as this could be massive for some teams.

Edited by Big D Man

Il ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 in 17:05 , lionel messi ha scritto:

Yes i think it is just for this 2 leagues, also honiton town in the somerset league but i think they could have been promoted from the south west peninsula league at the end of the 1st season.

I dont know about the in game editor i have never had it or used it.

The issue is not limited to attendances. It affects also facilites level of the clubs, and it results in such clubs having players with PA 90-100, absolutely overpowered to the level where they play. Moreover, many clubs in these two divisions play either at Home Park or Kenilworth Road. I'm amending it via in game editor, hope it sorts out the problem

1 minute ago, jam jameson said:

The issue is not limited to attendances. It affects also facilites level of the clubs, and it results in such clubs having players with PA 90-100, absolutely overpowered to the level where they play. Moreover, many clubs in these two divisions play either at Home Park or Kenilworth Road. I'm amending it via in game editor, hope it sorts out the problem

I noticed this too, regarding the amount of teams who play at the same stadium. Kenilworth Road is Luton's ground isn't it? And Home Park is Plymouth Argyle?

I was wondering what happens with a team's fixture list when it comes to so many teams sharing the same ground. I never actually checked the relevant team's schedules to see when they all play their games.

15 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I was wondering what happens with a team's fixture list when it comes to so many teams sharing the same ground. I never actually checked the relevant team's schedules to see when they all play their games. 

This can happen lower down the leagues and especially in certain countries. For example, I live in Cambodia where until recently there was effectively one stadium and all teams played there; now things are a bit better. FM can only schedule one match per day so games are played throughout the week, and due to tricky scheduling, teams can find themselves 4 or 5 fixtures behind most of the rest. It can result in the season not finishing until a month or more after other leagues.

3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I imagine it will work because when I removed it from the earlier version of the database (before you put in the date and helpers settings) the FA Cup was running in the second season.

When I get home later I will remove the Europa qualification from your newest file and run the test again. The ideal situation is obviously to get the FA Cup to run every season, but not have to sacrifice qualification into the Europa League, as this could be massive for some teams.

See if the fa cup winners go into europe too.

57 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

See if the fa cup winners go into europe too.

That might be hard though because usually FA Cup final will be between 2 teams who would otherwise finish in the top 6 anyway. I will have to save it when it gets to the quarter finals, and keep reloading until a team outside of the top 6 wins the FA Cup.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

This can happen lower down the leagues and especially in certain countries. For example, I live in Cambodia where until recently there was effectively one stadium and all teams played there; now things are a bit better. FM can only schedule one match per day so games are played throughout the week, and due to tricky scheduling, teams can find themselves 4 or 5 fixtures behind most of the rest. It can result in the season not finishing until a month or more after other leagues.

Haha I think I remember you telling me that last month actually. What save are you currently doing in FM19? I know you were managing 2 teams at one point.