FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

6 hours ago, borobadger said:

Yeah I already have the pack, however he hasn't done the North Riding Premier League so the team I'm playing as isn't there

Also do level 11 teams not enter the FA Cup?

Level 11 teams do not enter the FA Cup, not many Level 10 teams do either due to the numbers.

Level 11 teams do enter the FA Vase though, not all though because I can only have a maximum of 1000 teams in the competition, about 300 will miss out due to this. (slightly less due to reserve teams not being allowed to compete)

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/02/2019 at 01:11, lionel messi said:

Quite a good start into my 1st season, knocked out of the FA Vase though in 1st round.

Capture.thumb.JPG.d9fbb66a9c4faf9c8fa456a30fb2737d.JPG

Looks like a good season so far, and in a good position to be promoted. I'm making similar sort of progress with my save. Have you noticed any bugs with the database yet? Mine seems fine.

On 21/02/2019 at 19:37, phnompenhandy said:

L12 is too easy unless you set yourself challenges. I'm on an Academy Challenge and DoF Challenge, which give a decent level of difficulty.

I've bitten off more than I can chew though, in taking on two clubs at the same time. The problem is I can't remember which players belong to which club and as a result, I don't feel connected to either squad. Plus, work, books, and music are intruding into my game time, so I'll either proceed excessively slowly or more likely give up before I get to the end of the first season.

How are you taking on two clubs at the same time? Is it two separate saves, or two clubs with the same manager/save?

3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

How are you taking on two clubs at the same time? Is it two separate saves, or two clubs with the same manager/save?

No, in the drop-down menu I 'added new manager', thus I had 2 personas in one save. One was managing a L12 English side and the other a L12 Scottish team, so there was no overlap. I've abandoned it now though.

5 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Looks like a good season so far, and in a good position to be promoted. I'm making similar sort of progress with my save. Have you noticed any bugs with the database yet? Mine seems fine.

No bugs other than some of the clubs appear to be in a different league when you click on theire main page. But they dont appear in that league.

I've tried to swap a team into the West Midlands League Division One, but they're not showing up as being in the league, and the team they're replacing are greyed out in the club selection page. The club I've moved in have themselves as being in the division on the club overview page too.

Any advice as to how I can fix this? 

Thanks!

EDIT: No matter, I've fixed it!

15 hours ago, lionel messi said:

1st Promotion achieved plus added the central midlands league cup too.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7c7bdabe61926d4f9293384774659716.JPG

Very nice indeed. I am almost at the end of the first season too and have achieved promotion. I will be joining you as a Level 10  team for next season.

For those people asking about if the clubs can turn from amateur to semi-pro:

You can actually ask the board to "turn semi-pro". I'm not sure if you need a certain amount of money or performing to a certain standard in the league - but I asked the board when I had about £3000 in the bank and they said they would be turning the team semi-pro at the end of the season.

The game may still automatically turn a team to semi-pro upon reaching a certain division. Just like it automatically makes you turn professional when you reach League 2 in England, for example.

17 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Very nice indeed. I am almost at the end of the first season too and have achieved promotion. I will be joining you as a Level 10  team for next season.

For those people asking about if the clubs can turn from amateur to semi-pro:

You can actually ask the board to "turn semi-pro". I'm not sure if you need a certain amount of money or performing to a certain standard in the league - but I asked the board when I had about £3000 in the bank and they said they would be turning the team semi-pro at the end of the season.

The game may still automatically turn a team to semi-pro upon reaching a certain division. Just like it automatically makes you turn professional when you reach League 2 in England, for example.

I have turned semi-pro at Level 10 even though when i had a meeting for it i requested to remain amateur but they still did it automatically at the end of the season anyway.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have turned semi-pro at Level 10 even though when i had a meeting for it i requested to remain amateur but they still did it automatically at the end of the season anyway.

Hi Messi is there any way to stop brexit in this file? I just don't want it until its sorted IRL. Thanks

22 minutes ago, lee50_11 said:

Hi Messi is there any way to stop brexit in this file? I just don't want it until its sorted IRL. Thanks

I think LM used Advanced Rules to create this database, in which case you can pop the file into the FM editor and with a few clicks have Brexit removed. There are instructions floating about somewhere.

Just now, phnompenhandy said:

I think LM used Advanced Rules to create this database, in which case you can pop the file into the FM editor and with a few clicks have Brexit removed. There are instructions floating about somewhere.

Thanks do you know how? 

3 minutes ago, lee50_11 said:

Thanks do you know how? 

Load up the editor
Add nation rules
Select add lower divisions and cups to existing structure
Choose England
Convert to advanced rules
Click the England dropdown
Select agreement change
Untick enabled
Save
Test rules
Save and job done

LM has done most of it. I think you come in at the bit that tells you to be in Advanced Rules for England (sorry, I forget exactly which item in the left-side menu and don't have the editor open), and just untick 'agreement change' enabled. That's it. It'll take you ages to re-test the rules for the whole file, but you just save and close and you're good to go.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Load up the editor
Add nation rules
Select add lower divisions and cups to existing structure
Choose England
Convert to advanced rules
Click the England dropdown
Select agreement change
Untick enabled
Save
Test rules
Save and job done

LM has done most of it. I think you come in at the bit that tells you to be in Advanced Rules for England (sorry, I forget exactly which item in the left-side menu and don't have the editor open), and just untick 'agreement change' enabled. That's it. It'll take you ages to re-test the rules for the whole file, but you just save and close and you're good to go.

Ok thanks so will it automatically add the rule to LM's file or create a separate file? Do i need to load LM file anywhere before changing the rule?  

44 minutes ago, lee50_11 said:

Ok thanks so will it automatically add the rule to LM's file or create a separate file? Do i need to load LM file anywhere before changing the rule?  

You need to load LM's file into the editor. Make the changes and save it with a different name in case it doesn't work. When you load the editor data files into your new save only tick the new one and untick LM's original one.

You need to load LM's file into the editor. Make the changes and save it with a different name in case it doesn't work. When you load the editor data files into your new save only tick the new one and untick LM's original one.

Great Thank you managed to change it!

2 hours ago, lee50_11 said:

Great Thank you managed to change it!

Hey, you've inspired me to abandon my save (that I was just one week into anyway) and start again with LM's database 'nobrexited'!

I'm doing a Journeyman save with this file, a L12 Scottish one and a L12 All-Irish one along with Wales down to L7. I've changed an amateur Irish club to 'Craggy Island' with the lowest rep in the lowest rep division.

That's where I'm starting. Should be as successful as a bunch of dodgy priests, this one :D

Edited by phnompenhandy

Hey, you've inspired me to abandon my save (that I was just one week into anyway) and start again with LM's database 'nobrexited'!

I'm doing a Journeyman save with this file, a L12 Scottish one and a L12 All-Irish one. I've changed an amateur Irish club to 'Craggy Island' with the lowest rep in the lowest rep division.

That's where I'm starting. Should be a successful as a bunch of dodgy priests, this one :D

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

This is my potential brexit on my save.

Capture.thumb.JPG.50cb5bd188b41cff68f24617583caeb1.JPG

It shouldn't affect clubs way down the pyramid of course, but even so, the way I see it, IRL Brexit ain't gonna happen and I don't want it in my FM world. As it is, I successfully unticked that box in your file so I'm hoping not to see such news in my save.

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm doing a Journeyman save with this file, a L12 Scottish one and a L12 All-Irish one along with Wales down to L7. I've changed an amateur Irish club to 'Craggy Island' with the lowest rep in the lowest rep division.

That's where I'm starting. Should be as successful as a bunch of dodgy priests, this one :D

Good Luck. If or when new rules are finalised football wise IRL then i'm more than happy to use them but when its in the balance its a joke to play with.

Just now, lionel messi said:

I have just noticed that the attendances are very high in the spartan south midlands league division 2 & the south west peninsula 1 east.

I will fix this.

Was literally just about to comment that my little Elmore side are bringing in a crowd of more than 1500 each game 

1 minute ago, lewser said:

Was literally just about to comment that my little Elmore side are bringing in a crowd of more than 1500 each game 

I only noticed it because i played a fa vase 4th round tie at pitstone & ivinghoe utd and the attendance was over 3,000 which prompted me to check the attendances at level 10 & 11

19 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I only noticed it because i played a fa vase 4th round tie at pitstone & ivinghoe utd and the attendance was over 3,000 which prompted me to check the attendances at level 10 & 11

If only local clubs got those attendances!! Lucky to get 300 these days at my local club Tiverton Town. 

Will start a new game when you release the update :)

I have just noticed that the attendances are very high in the spartan south midlands league division 2 & the south west peninsula 1 east.

I will fix this.

Is it just for these two divisions? Will it be fixable via the in-game editor? I know you can use the in-game editor to change your own teams attendance, but was wondering if it can be used to change other teams attendance too. (I'd look myself but I'm working late and won't be home until 9pm). Cheers.

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

Is it just for these two divisions? Will it be fixable via the in-game editor? I know you can use the in-game editor to change your own teams attendance, but was wondering if it can be used to change other teams attendance too. (I'd look myself but I'm working late and won't be home until 9pm). Cheers.

Yes i think it is just for this 2 leagues, also honiton town in the somerset league but i think they could have been promoted from the south west peninsula league at the end of the 1st season.

I dont know about the in game editor i have never had it or used it.

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i think it is just for this 2 leagues, also honiton town in the somerset league but i think they could have been promoted from the south west peninsula league at the end of the 1st season.

I dont know about the in game editor i have never had it or used it.

Honiton also in the SWPL1 East also, they appear in that league in your DB.

1 minute ago, ghfkhfg987gjhgjhgg said:

you can fix it via in-game-Editor.

but it's better to fix this for everyone than for yourself don't you think?

On 11/12/2018 at 11:47, chucklechuck said:

Alright thanks, Card. Shame as it might have been a fun challenge. Maybe I'll edit the database...

Got a Sheppey United save going atm, will keep you lot updated.

Thanks again for all the great worl with the db!

20190302143938_1.jpg

Never noticed it before, but some clubs in the lower leagues have an U23 and an U18 squad, some have nothing at all? 

Is that something which can change over time? 

EDIT : Did some research, found somebody did the same with Tranmere, so answered my own question in that they could come eventually.

Edited by lewser

How do you use the in game editor?

I have nearly done 2 seasons and dont want to have to re start.

Have you purchased it? Once you have, you will see a little icon during game play (circled below). Click this icon to start editing things. Depending on what menu you're on in game, will depend on what you can edit. For example. in order to edit player stats, you have to be on the player screen. To edit club information, it is best to be on the club information screen, and so on.

However, before you start a new save, you can't tick "disable use of in-game editor", because if you did then you can't use it unless you make a new save.

image.thumb.png.ab77c490666f0be8ed31dd3a91eb9b46.png

Edited by Big D Man

2 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Have you purchased it? Once you have, you will see a little icon during game play. Once you click on that you can start editing things. Depending on what menu you're on in game, will depend on what you can edit. For example. in order to edit player, you have to be on the player screen. Before you start a new save, you can't tick "disable use of in-game editor", because if you did then you can't use it unless you make a new save.

image.thumb.png.ab77c490666f0be8ed31dd3a91eb9b46.png

Cheers thanks for that, not far away from my 2nd promotion now.

36 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Nice one. I'll be playing some more when I get home tonight, around 9pm. What division did you go into after your first promotion?

I went into the east midlands counties league, i think i will be in the midland league premier division next season

A little issue I've just spotted. I'm managing Trowbridge in the Wiltshire Premier Division (L11), in the rules of the League it's stated that the promoted team gets to the Western League D1 (L10). I was promoted but have been put into the Hellenic League Division 1 West (L10) instead

8 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

A little issue I've just spotted. I'm managing Trowbridge in the Wiltshire Premier Division (L11), in the rules of the League it's stated that the promoted team gets to the Western League D1 (L10). I was promoted but have been put into the Hellenic League Division 1 West (L10) instead

Yes it is quite possible due to the location of trowbridge, they could also have gone into the wessex league too.

Edited by lionel messi

12 hours ago, jam jameson said:

That would probably normally be the case but teams can get moved around depending on the geography of all teams playing in each division at each level. I remember Histon (only a couple of miles North of Cambridge) playing in what is now National League North for three seasons due to the geography of the 48 teams playing at that level.

I've just holidayed through a couple of seasons with this and have spotted a major error with the FA Cup. In the first season the competition was contested only by non-league clubs and was won by Frickley Athletic. It appears not to have taken place at all the following season.

Otherwise this is fantastic; I was only holidaying to feel sure the regionalisation worked, and it does. The oddest thing I found was Boston United being relegated to the Ryman Premier. I'd expect them to end up in the Northern Premier League or the Central league - but the Ryman league does include sides just down the road in East Anglia so the movement is plausible dependent upon other promotions and relegations.

12 hours ago, funnylittlefrog said:

I've just holidayed through a couple of seasons with this and have spotted a major error with the FA Cup. In the first season the competition was contested only by non-league clubs and was won by Frickley Athletic. It appears not to have taken place at all the following season.

Otherwise this is fantastic; I was only holidaying to feel sure the regionalisation worked, and it does. The oddest thing I found was Boston United being relegated to the Ryman Premier. I'd expect them to end up in the Northern Premier League or the Central league - but the Ryman league does include sides just down the road in East Anglia so the movement is plausible dependent upon other promotions and relegations.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It does not happen on my save.