[FM19] [WIP] New Zealand Football Database

Hey @DementedHammer

Great effort on this. I play down in the Otago region. There is the Southern Premier League as well that sits in with the Championship and further divisions in the Otago region. Unsure if this is new for this year or whether it was missed in your original breakdown of the region? The league is just about to restart so Football South should update with a new teams list this year. I know for example that Wanaka AFC are in the Southern Prem this year having previously only played the Central Otago league with the other Queenstown, Alexandra teams etc (which actually has a fairly decent standard), however it's not an affiliated league so wouldn't be worth adding to your pyramid. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

Hey @DementedHammer

Great effort on this. I play down in the Otago region. There is the Southern Premier League as well that sits in with the Championship and further divisions in the Otago region. Unsure if this is new for this year or whether it was missed in your original breakdown of the region? The league is just about to restart so Football South should update with a new teams list this year. I know for example that Wanaka AFC are in the Southern Prem this year having previously only played the Central Otago league with the other Queenstown, Alexandra teams etc (which actually has a fairly decent standard), however it's not an affiliated league so wouldn't be worth adding to your pyramid. 

Thanks for the information. The original pyramids were my trying to piece together the entire NZ structure, so there's definitely potential for errors. 

I'll probably address Otago in the reasonably near future, so I'll double check the structure before I begin. 

I took a look at the editor file and it's very impressive. Unfortunately though, it's now invalid following the 19.3.0 update. Presumably due to league updates in the official db update based off of promotion/relegation in 2018 NZ leagues. I had a quick go at trying to fix this and get the advanced rules valid again but quickly found myself running in circles. 

Do you have any plans for looking at the file and making it compatible with the 19.3.0 release? I appreciate that it's probably a lot of re-work on your end!

I definitely hope to take a look sometime soon. It hopefully won't be that hard to get it going since I added most of the teams and leagues from scratch so they should not be affected by the database changes.

In the meantime, if it's anything like FM18, you should be able to select the original version of the FM database when starting a new game, which should continue to be compatible with the existing NZ file.

On 08/03/2019 at 03:53, ratio1618 said:

So with this DB you wont ever be able to get relegated from Handa prem nor can u youi be promoted?

Sorry. I missed your previous post.

At this stage, I'm trying to get the structure as complete and as real to life as possible. So, no promotions initially.  

If I ever finish then promotion and relegation may be something that I look at in a secondary file. 

Of course, there's nothing to stop you editing my file to add promotion and relegation yourself. It should be relatively easy to add a three up three down system, or a relegation playoff using three teams from the second tier and the lowest team in the top division.

Beyond that, you'll start needing to used the advanced editor functionality, which significantly adds to the complexity.

Hey mate have u had any luck with relegating teams to regional areas with your DB? Ive  tired Child regional boundires and boundries in the League editor outside the advanced editor and i cant seem to make anything work in NZ

• 2 months later...
On 30/05/2019 at 04:02, CX1329 said:

I'm coming back to FM after a few months and I'm looking forward to the latest update a try!

Cool. I hope you enjoy it.

Sadly, real life (work, study, football training, and a month away overseas) has gotten in the way of further updates. But I still hope to get back to this at some stage. 

At the very least, I hope to get it working on the latest database version and add the Chatham Cup.

Hey guys. Good news of sorts. I've decided to start a career using my FM editor file. (Believe it or not, I haven't had the time to play even a single game of FM 2019, and I've been limited to a few games of FM touch.) 

With my own save in mind, I've added a quick and dirty version of the Chatham Cup (the New Zealand FA Cup). Because it is quick and dirty, there's two major flaws:

1. Reserve teams also compete in the cup (the entrants are division based)
  2. There's no local qualifying rounds, so the initial qualifying rounds are very unrealistic (a team in Northland could draw a team in Southland).

However, with the above caveats in mind, this should add an extra element of enjoyment to those using my file.

Note: The file still isn't compatible with the latest version of the FM database.

I'm just testing the updated file right now. If it works without problems I will upload it shortly. I just need to check that there is enough time to play all of the additional fixtures that the  new cup introduces.

EDIT: It's working fine, so v403 has been added to the original post. This version contains the Chatham Cup.

Apologies for the double post, but where would these clubs go in your DB structure? 

http://www.capitalfootball.org.nz/senior-mens-competitions/ultra-football-capital-premier

Some would be very interesting to manage, especially Vic Uni. Miramar Rangers and Wellington Olympic are in Central Premier League in the file, but the others aren't playable. I've tried adding some manually in previous updates, but I'm not very confident with the editor and I'm always afraid I'll break something accidentally. For now, I'm managing Massey and having a blast!

@CX1329

Hi there. That was my next region to add, but time is short.

Tell you what I can do: If you can send me the information about which teams are in which divisions, plus each team's home ground and GPS coordinates (plus training ground if they have one), then I will do my best to add them for you when I next get a spare weekend.

15 hours ago, CX1329 said:

Sounds great, I'll try to get that done soon!

Thanks for your help. 

Here's how I normally get the GPS coordinates for the grounds:

In Google Maps, zoom in on the field, then the GPS coordinates are displayed in the URL. That is the information I need.

image.thumb.png.d5efe94156152ade54b3d76b9549a634.png

Just a heads-up to everyone who is using or is interested in using the database: it does not seem to be compatible with the SortitoutSI license fix. If you try to use it, the Central Federation Premier League will always show up as Capital Premier League, which is just wrong. Use the FMScout fix instead for better results.

Good news. v408 has been released. This contains the following new playable divisions:

• Capital Premier Division
  • Capital First Division
  • Capital Second Division
  • Capital Third Division
  • Capital Fourth Division

The following fictional regional cups have also been added:

• Capital Cup (premier and division one teams)
  • Capital Plate (teams from divisions two to four)

I've also tweaked the prize money settings a bit, as some of the upper divisions were a bit overpowered due to a couple of the competitions being paid out in pounds, rather than New Zealand dollars for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 15:50, DementedHammer said:

Time is short these days, so if you have any specific leagues that you want added, let me know and I will focus on those specifically.

I guess the next region, if I get time and no specific requests, will be the Otago region, as @bowieinspace has indicated that they play down there.

Hey,

Yeah our season finished fairly recently. Some of the info online is awkward to find for the Southern Premier League and feeders but feel free to PM me or tag me here if you think I might be able to help or answer questions. Apologies if I'm slow to reply, little one due any day so not on here much :) 

2 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

Hey,

Yeah our season finished fairly recently. Some of the info online is awkward to find for the Southern Premier League and feeders but feel free to PM me or tag me here if you think I might be able to help or answer questions. Apologies if I'm slow to reply, little one due any day so not on here much :)

do not and i repeat do not try and play while she is in labor, if looks could kill i was cut lunch saturday week ago :)

On 25/06/2019 at 19:26, timmarkcorcoran said:

do not and i repeat do not try and play while she is in labor, if looks could kill i was cut lunch saturday week ago :)

Haha yes staying well away from that! I'm on a break from FM anyway so no worries on that front :) 

My girls arrived at 4:10 & 4:25, both on Saturdays - my comment "Just in time for me to get the results" didn't;t go down too well in a delivery room full of females!

Great to see NZ football getting the database, I may well try it out once I come to the end of my current save.  Watch out for the rise and rise of Tauranga City United Rovers County!

2 hours ago, Snorks said:

My girls arrived at 4:10 & 4:25, both on Saturdays - my comment "Just in time for me to get the results" didn't;t go down too well in a delivery room full of females!

Great to see NZ football getting the database, I may well try it out once I come to the end of my current save.  Watch out for the rise and rise of Tauranga City United Rovers County!

Interesting choice of club. I used to live 5 minutes walk from Tauranga City United's stadium, Links Ave. 

Interesting fact: the team used to be called Tauranga City, but they moved to Mount Maunganui and took over their stadium and, eventually, the running of the Mount Maunganui junior teams after Mount Maunganui football club went bankrupt. At this point the team was renamed to Tauranga City United. 

13 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Interesting choice of club. I used to live 5 minutes walk from Tauranga City United's stadium, Links Ave. 

Interesting fact: the team used to be called Tauranga City, but they moved to Mount Maunganui and took over their stadium and, eventually, the running of the Mount Maunganui junior teams after Mount Maunganui football club went bankrupt. At this point the team was renamed to Tauranga City United. 

Yep - I live in Welcome Bay they are my 'local' club. The 'United' part of the name was added as it was the two big clubs in town coming together - there were some bad feelings floating around, led to the birth of AFC Fury I believe.

Up until a few years ago I was very active as a referee for WaiBOP so travelled the region and 'sampled' the hospitality at many of these places. Good times.

Archived