[FM19] [WIP] New Zealand Football Database

Latest Version:

NZ Championship v408.fmf

Note: This is currently only compatible with the original FM database. 19.0.3 is not yet supported.

This includes:

• The New Zealand National league
  • The Regional Premier Leagues
    • Central Premier League
    • Mainland Premier League
    • Football South Premier League
    • NRFL Premier Division
  • Regional First Divisions
    • Central Federation Premier League
    • NRFL Division One
    • Nelson Division One
    • Donald Gray Championship
    • Capital Premier League
  • Regional Second Divisions
    • NRFL Division Two
    • Nelson Division Two
    • Presidents Cup
    • Capital First Division
  • Regional Third Divisions
    • AFF/NFF Conference
    • Northland Premier Division
    • WAIBOP Premier Division
    • Nelson Division Three
    • Patrons Cup
    • Capital Second Division
  • Regional Fourth Divisions
    • AFF Championship
    • NFF Division One
    • Northland Division Two
    • WAIBOP Championship
    • Capital Third Division
  • Regional Fifth Divisions
    • AFF Division One
    • NFF Division Two
    • Northland Division Two
    • Bay of Plenty Division One
    • Waikato Division One
    • Capital Fourth Division
  • Regional Sixth Divisions
    • AFF Division Two
    • NFF Division Three
    • Northland Division Three
    • Waikato Division Two
  • Regional Seventh Divisions
    • AFF Division Three
    • NFF Division Four
    • Waikato Division Three
  • Regional Eighth Divisions
    • AFF Division Four
  • Regional Ninth Divisions
    • AFF Division Five
  • Chatham Cup (the NZ FA Cup) 
  • Several regional cup competitions

Wellington Weather Patch:

This updates the Wellington weather, providing a more realistic representation of the Wellington weather if you are playing for or against Wellington Phoenix in the A League.

Note: You will only need this file if you're not using my NZ championship file, as I've merged these changed into the championship file already.

Wellington Weather Patch v277.fmf

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

if you need any information for for canterbury and south i can try do some digging for you

Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

At this stage, the first step is to get the existing leagues that are in the database operational and working to a reasonable level. I'm just testing the HANDA Premiership and Charity Cup by holidaying through a couple of seasons. I should be able to upload that tonight, which at least makes New Zealand playable.

Also, I've double-checked — the Oceania Champions League should still be mid-season if I opt to move the HANDA Premiership start date.

16 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Also, I've double-checked — the Oceania Champions League should still be mid-season if I opt to move the HANDA Premiership start date.

Brilliant, hopefully in testing all works out. I used a custom BD last FM18 and one issue I came across was in season 2 there were no league matches scheduled, yet S3 they were there and no issues after. 

Released an alpha version of the NZ Championship. There's some timing issues to be addressed tomorrow (there's currently a month between the end of the season and the playoff finals). I also need to check the club finances and see if the prize money is sufficient for keeping the teams afloat.

So, today I set up an SVN repository, to make it easier to edit and version the files that I publish.

After that, I tweaked the start and end dates of the HANDA Premiership, until I was happy with the fixture spread and holidayed several seasons to make sure everything is reasonable.

I've attached the updated version to the first post in this topic.

The next step will be to start adding the next levels, which I will begin to do sometime next week.

3 hours ago, CX1329 said:

I always start out in New Zealand in my saves, so I'm definitely looking forward to this! I'm gonna have some fun managing in the Premiership until it's all done and I can start a proper save further down the pyramid. 

Cool. Let me know how you get on.

I'll try to get a version containing the regional premier divisions uploaded tonight. I've already added the leagues, so I just need to adjust the start dates and the prize money, and the second tier will be usable.

Interesting, started my first NZ game in 2012, i play fm a bit differently to most in that i control all teams in the league. Got bored of restarting each year doing pretty much the same thing every new fm game (going liverpool). So i created a partly fictional NZ game based on the then teams

Waitakere Utd

Auckland City

Canterbury Dragons

Team Wellington

Otago United

Waikato

Hawkes Bay

Youngheart Manuwatu

Idea was Fifa give each continent a substantial payout for developing football and as new zealand is the only main nation for oceania it all mostly went to developing the NZ premiership. Think each team got 5 mill a season and went pro.

Second season i expanded to 12 teams with fictional Auckland Athletic, Wellington City, Tauranga and Gisborne.

Then did a massive expansion adding a second division with Hamilton, Christchurch, Dunedin, Southern United (invercargill rather than Dunedin), New Plymouth, Napier, Hastings, Palmerston North

Third division of sporting rotorua, northland, Nelson, Marlborough, Richmond, West Coast, Timaru, FC Taupo. Each Region of New Zealand had at least one team and most major cities had two teams for derby rivalries. 

There's a north island cup and south island cup as well as fa style cup. There was an 8 foreign player limit on match day squads but the problem i had was Australians are counted as non foreign so after 5 years it was mostly Australians coming in. 

So for this year, my sixth im going to make Australians foreign so the emphasis is more on local players. Also Redoing the Oceania Champions League to have 4 New zealand teams as its dull otherwise.

Also toying with a salary cap in each league. Adding Waitakere City and a NZ version of Wellington Phoenix as expansion teams. New Plymouth rebranding as Team Taranaki and Richmond to Tasman United. Whatever improvements the clubs make i carry over (Auckland City now in a 32k stadium instead of their initial small ground ( think it was 8k back in 2012). Waitakere just took out a big loan for their new stadium as they compete heavily with Auckland, that will have them repaying for 10 years. 

Winners have been 

Otago (was a bit of a leicester season) have finished near the bottom of the prem ever since

Waitakere

Waitakere

Auckland City (first team to reach 5 titles)

Team Wellington (after finishing bottom in the last season before adding relegation they got a great crop of regens and finished second twice before finally winning it last year (doing the treble).

As im looking at mainly NZ only (8 foreigners in starting 11) i might need more teams so will be interested to see how this works if you don't mind.

Will do, should be getting fm in the next week or so. Once i've built it i will add it in here. 

For this next league redevelopment i'm increasing the prem playoffs to top 4 teams instead of top 2 to increase the chances of teams winning. Waitakere and Auckland City have been pretty dominant so want a greater chance for other teams to break in (although Team Wellington look to have the best ever side now so will take some beating, why I thought adding Wellington Phoenix would be interesting).

First 5 years i've had only bottom side relegated and second to last play a playoff v second in championship but in the 3 seasons the prem side has always won (Otago beating Gisborne, Auckland Rovers (rebranding to waitakere city) and hastings. So to get more of a mix in promotions i might just do a straight 2 up and 2 down. Do like the playoffs though.

To ensure the league money remains constent i give each team a yearly financial payment (think its from government payment or something with that being from Fifa/Oceania). That way it makes sure the game doesn't fluctuate the payments and I can edit it if needed. Most teams have used the cash to produce decent stadiums and training now so I might start to pull back the money so they will be self sufficient otherwise it becomes tricky buying players from within the league as there's little point selling players between teams as they don't need the money. Stadiums were initially sized using the formula of roughly 10 percent of the city/towns population so sides like Gisborne are under 5k, teams with multiple sides like wellington the 500k population is halved first and then 10 percent taken for stadiums (around 25k).

The Prem sides spend about 2 million a season on wages so might drop the payments so each side gets 500k from Fifa (enough to make 3rd division teams with small grounds financially safe but cause prem sides to need to use more of their stadium/competition money for transfers).

Very interested in this, club and country save in New Zealand has been a personal favorite of mine for years so it's great to see a NZ db. A couple of questions: no foreigners limit in the premiership? I think last year there was a limit of 8 (9 for the grand final)? Does OFC champions league qualification work currently? I ask because in past years claassen always had to re-build OFC CL otherwise the same clubs would qualify regardless of actual results.

Thanks!

I haven't set any match rules yet. At the moment, I expect that there will be unlimited foreigners allowed. 

Regarding the Champions League, I'll have to double check that. As Auckland tend to win the premiership each year, it is quite possible that I haven't noticed the same teams qualifying every season. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Regarding my next steps: I have researched the Northern and Central league structure in detail down to their local feeder leagues. I will probably now start creating the lower Northern regional leagues right the way down to the grassroots levels. 

I did a simple version of this in FM18, so I have already created a lot of the required teams, data and 'stadiums'. 

I have a pretty busy weekend coming up, but there is chance that I may release an interim version if I make enough progress for it to be worthwhile. 

3 hours ago, WillGLFC said:

Problem i found with no foreign limit is after a few years there's not many new zealand players getting into sides as they aren't good enough

I'll definitely look at adding some rules at some point soon. Although, right now, my focus is on getting a few more tiers added first. The reason for this is that I need to figure out how to handle promotion and relegation when there are several feeder leagues for a parent league (a many to one relationship, rather than a straight one up one down situation).  There are many such competitions that I will need to handle, so the sooner I get my head around that the better. 

Attached are images of the Northern and Central region pyramids, as I understand them. I'm fairly confident that I've got the Northern region spot on, but if anybody knows the Central pyramid well, please feel free to cast your eye over it and let me know if anything is amiss. It has been difficult to find the exact structure in terms of which child league feeds into which parent. There is definitely a chance that I've got something wrong. In particular, does Hawkes Bay have a premier/first division? (The local league structure seems to begin at division two.)

If accurate, these images are a pretty good representation of my final vision. Although, I may not go down to the lowest levels listed here, since the number of reserve teams that I will have to create will probably prove unmanageable. (There's one Auckland league that is basically made up of five or six teams from the same parent club!)

Northern Football Pyramid.png

Central Football Pyramid.png

On 03/11/2018 at 21:41, timmarkcorcoran said:

if you need any information for for canterbury and south i can try do some digging for you

I've now turned my attention to researching the Mainland Premier feeder leagues and I'm definitely keen for any assistance that you can give me in this area. My understanding is that the Mainland Premier is made up of teams from the local Nelson Bays and Canterbury leagues. But I'm wondering how the other regions fit in. Presumably, teams from the western regions (Hokitika, Greymouth, Westport etc.)  somehow feed into this as well.  

Edit:  I think I've answered my own question about the western regions (via http://westcoastfootball.org.nz/about-west-coast-football/):

"WCSF is no longer associated with NZF and is run by a group of West Coasters that have a passion for football and just want to play the beautiful game. Our aim is to build the game on the coast to a new level, make the game sustainable and available for all to play."

Mainland Football Pyramid.png

1 hour ago, DementedHammer said:

I've now turned my attention to researching the Mainland Premier feeder leagues and I'm definitely keen for any assistance that you can give me in this area. My understanding is that the Mainland Premier is made up of teams from the local Nelson Bays and Canterbury leagues. But I'm wondering how the other regions fit in. Presumably, teams from the western regions (Hokitika, Greymouth, Westport etc.)  somehow feed into this as well.  

Edit:  I think I've answered my own question about the western regions (via http://westcoastfootball.org.nz/about-west-coast-football/):

"WCSF is no longer associated with NZF and is run by a group of West Coasters that have a passion for football and just want to play the beautiful game. Our aim is to build the game on the coast to a new level, make the game sustainable and available for all to play."

Mainland Football Pyramid.png

you are bang on the money about the west coast and mainland,

there is now a "southern football league which is played after the mainland and otago leagues have finished which brings together the top 5 of the mainland premier league and the top 3 of the  southern premier league to find a overall south island "champion"

here is the link that covers this combined leagues teams and fixtures  http://www.footballsouth.co.nz/COMPETITIONS-1/Fixtures-Results/Southern-Football-League

here is the link that can help you out with the southern premier league (contains 7 dunedin teams, 1 from queenstown and 1 from southland (invercargill) http://www.footballsouth.co.nz/COMPETITIONS-1/Fixtures-Results/Otago-Senior-Competitions

here is the link for Southland football which its topped by the "Donald Gray league" after its completion ( play each team 3 times ).  the top four play knock out 1v4 2v3 to win the charity cup http://www.footballsouth.co.nz/COMPETITIONS-1/Fixtures-Results/Southern-Football-League the division below is division 1 presidents cup (again everyone plays 3 times) divsion 2 patron cup plays a a sinlge round of round robin and the splits  top 6 into division 2 cup and bottom 4 into the division 2 trophy.

if you decide to do southland i can help you with club colours , grounds etc,  i lived down there until i was 21 and have strong family ties to Queens Park in Invercargill ( dad has a memorial trophy named after him) so have a few contacts to dig out info

2 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Thanks for information. It will be a great help. 

It's a small world too - my father played for Queens Park in the 1970s.

I probably spent hours as a kid steering this photos in the clubroom them.

Dad played in the 80 and early 90s before he died in 94 ( in his mid 30s)

When did he leave Invercargill? What is his name? 

I'm having a great time managing in the second tier right now! I messed around a bit in the Handa Premiership when the first version was released, now I'm managing Wellington United in a semi-serious save I'll probably abandon and restart as future versions come out. I'm still in my first season, but I haven't had any problems yet.  

4 hours ago, CX1329 said:

I'm having a great time managing in the second tier right now! I messed around a bit in the Handa Premiership when the first version was released, now I'm managing Wellington United in a semi-serious save I'll probably abandon and restart as future versions come out. I'm still in my first season, but I haven't had any problems yet.  

Awesome. Have fun and let me know how you get on.  In particular, please let me know how the finances are looking if you get a couple of seasons into the game. The finances will be one of the hardest things to get the balance right on, so any feedback in this area will definitely be appreciated.

21 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

here is the link that can help you out with the southern premier league (contains 7 dunedin teams, 1 from queenstown and 1 from southland (invercargill) http://www.footballsouth.co.nz/COMPETITIONS-1/Fixtures-Results/Otago-Senior-Competitions

here is the link for Southland football which its topped by the "Donald Gray league" after its completion ( play each team 3 times ).  the top four play knock out 1v4 2v3 to win the charity cup http://www.footballsouth.co.nz/COMPETITIONS-1/Fixtures-Results/Southern-Football-League the division below is division 1 presidents cup (again everyone plays 3 times) divsion 2 patron cup plays a a sinlge round of round robin and the splits  top 6 into division 2 cup and bottom 4 into the division 2 trophy.

if you decide to do southland i can help you with club colours , grounds etc,  i lived down there until i was 21 and have strong family ties to Queens Park in Invercargill ( dad has a memorial trophy named after him) so have a few contacts to dig out info

Thanks once again for your information. How is how I understand the southern league pyramid based on your information and my own research. Please let me know if anything is incorrect. (You didn't specifically mention South Canterbury last time.)

One question. Is there a direct promotion from the feeder leagues into the FootballSouth Premier? The final system that I create will definitely have promotion and relegation in some form for play-ability reasons. However, if promotion and relegation already exists I will try to be as real to life as possible.

FootballSouth  Pyramid.png

39 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Here's how it all looks when put together. I think this is going to keep me busy!

Overall Pyramid.png

That's going to be a major job! Fantastic. Hope someday ISPS Handa Premiership will have links (relegation-promotion) with the following leagues. Although I imagine this is out of the football culture in New Zealand. 

Anyway, are you thinking on make similar jobs to the following nations of OFC? I got some information around these countries and I've been spending some effort to make Oceania more accurate to play. But - I tried to see lol - I'm not that usual to the editor, so I can't do such of editions. 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Thanks once again for your information. How is how I understand the southern league pyramid based on your information and my own research. Please let me know if anything is incorrect. (You didn't specifically mention South Canterbury last time.)

One question. Is there a direct promotion from the feeder leagues into the FootballSouth Premier? The final system that I create will definitely have promotion and relegation in some form for play-ability reasons. However, if promotion and relegation already exists I will try to be as real to life as possible.

From the information i can find there is no promotion/relegation involving the FSPL.

Southland and South Canterbury clubs whilst falling under the Football South banner play in their own regions ( except for Southland United which is a collection of the best avaliable players from Southland who want to play at a level higher than the Donald Gray).

South Canterbury clubs also have no route to the South Island League

15 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

THIS IS WHAT I MANAGED TO FIND - 

5. The last placed Premier team shall be required to enter into a play off at the end of the season based on the play off criteria based on the number of teams challenging. The play off winner will automatically take the last position in the Premier League for the following season.

Premier League Playoff Rules 11.

Premier League play offs shall consist of the following formats depending on the number of teams

a) Scenario One – two teams – the bottom placed Premier League team and one District league winner. • Two games – home and away.

b) Scenario Two – three teams - the bottom placed Premier League team and two District league winners. • Game one – play off between the two District league winners – venue drawn out at random. • Game two – play off between bottom placed Premier League team and the winner of game one – venue drawn at random.

c) Scenario Three – four teams - the bottom placed Premier League team and three District league winners. • Weekend one – semi-finals – all four teams drawn out at random first teams drawn out have the home game Weekend two – final between the winners of the games in weekend one – venue drawn out at random

From the Football South Competition Regulations https://www.sporty.co.nz/asset/downloadasset?id=16fd20c7-e979-471e-841b-76cef7e975a4

On 09/11/2018 at 04:59, DementedHammer said:

When this is all done, I will probably create a fictional promotion playoff to the HANDA Premiership as a separate file. 

Regarding the other Oceania nations... there's a possibility, but I need to get the NZ project done first. 

Sure, perfect. Of course, New Zealand is the most important league in the confederation so to end up this league first is the first step! 

Just a quick update. All northern pyramid leagues have been added. Next I will add all required northern teams, so that I can get this region somewhat playable. There is no ETA for that at this stage, but hopefully I will have something to share by the end of next weekend.

Hi guys.  I'm just testing the latest version down to the sixth tier in the northern region. If all goes well, I will upload that version tonight.

This version will need a lot of tweaking before it is final, so I will probably upload a cleaner version some time tomorrow when I've had time to clean things up a bit — I just wanted to give those that are interested a quick sneak preview.

The version that I am currently testing contains the following:

• All required teams down to the sixth tier in the northern region (barring a few Auckland and far north ones, as I still have one division to add).
  • Region-specific weather for the far north, Auckland, north and south Waikato, Bay of Plenty and the central north island (previously all of NZ was using Canberra/Snowy Mountains) — Note: I might release a Wellington weather fix later, so that those playing in the Australian leagues can properly experience playing Wellington Phoenix away on a cold windy Wellington night.
  • Loads of new towns have been added (this is useful for region specific weather, travel times, and regen place of birth information).

Still to do/known issues:

• I haven't added stadiums (or should that be fields) for the new teams.
  • The team reputations will require significant tweaking. I will do this in the future once I've added all tiers, so that I can balance things properly.
  • I still need to set the prize money for the lower tiers. (I'm not sure what the default values will be like). 

EDIT: Testing worked reasonably well. An updated version is now attached to the first post.

1 hour ago, DementedHammer said:

Hi guys.  I'm just testing the latest version down to the sixth tier in the northern region. If all goes well, I will upload that version tonight.

This version will need a lot of tweaking before it is final, so I will probably upload a cleaner version some time tomorrow when I've had time to clean things up a bit — I just wanted to give those that are interested a quick sneak preview.

The version that I am currently testing contains the following:

• All required teams down to the sixth tier in the northern region (barring a few Auckland and far north ones, as I still have one division to add).
  • Region-specific weather for the far north, Auckland, north and south Waikato, Bay of Plenty and the central north island (previously all of NZ was using Canberra/Snowy Mountains) — Note: I might release a Wellington weather fix later, so that those playing in the Australian leagues can properly experience playing Wellington Phoenix away on a cold windy Wellington night.
  • Loads of new towns have been added (this is useful for region specific weather, travel times, and regen place of birth information).

Still to do/known issues:

• I haven't added stadiums (or should that be fields) for the new teams.
  • The team reputations will require significant tweaking. I will do this in the future once I've added all tiers, so that I can balance things properly.
  • I still need to set the prize money for the lower tiers. (I'm not sure what the default values will be like). 

EDIT: Testing worked reasonably well. An updated version is now attached to the first post.

Great work mate

I really like the way it's coming along! Managing these amateur/semi-pro clubs in New Zealand is a blast, and the more, the merrier. I'm giving the current version a go now. By the way, I was having too much fun and I kind of forgot to mention it, but finances looked fine in my previous save, now I'm testing this one and I'll let you know if any issues arise. In the meantime, what happened to the Central Premier League clubs such as Wellington United? All the Wellington based squads seem to be gone. Is this intentional, or a bug?

6 hours ago, CX1329 said:

I really like the way it's coming along! Managing these amateur/semi-pro clubs in New Zealand is a blast, and the more, the merrier. I'm giving the current version a go now. By the way, I was having too much fun and I kind of forgot to mention it, but finances looked fine in my previous save, now I'm testing this one and I'll let you know if any issues arise. In the meantime, what happened to the Central Premier League clubs such as Wellington United? All the Wellington based squads seem to be gone. Is this intentional, or a bug?

Glad that you're enjoying it.

The Capital Premier League was removed as it was in the wrong tier last time. It will be added back in the correct tier in a future version.

See here for more information.

Link to Central pyramid

If this change has also impacted the Central Premier League then I will have to fix it.

EDIT: You're right. The Central Federation (a regional tier lower) is there instead of the Central Premier league.  I will fix that soon.

New version (v266) has been added to the top of this thread. This contains the following changes:

• Central Premier is now back where it should be in the regional premier divisions
  • As a bonus, the Central Federation Premier division is also now playable
  • I've added a yearly income of $20,000 to all NZ amateur teams to simulate player subscription fees.
  • I've spent some time modifying the reputations of the playable leagues and clubs.

I've just uploaded a new version (v268) with two new playable divisions. 

These are:

• AFF/NFF Men's Conference (Tier 5)
  • AFF Championship (Tier 6)

The AFF Championship contains the first playable NZ team with an obscure reputation, so we're starting to get down there now in terms of abilities and reputation. 

Hi there,

I read your first post way back, but didn't think much of it and carried on doing my own thing.
Normally when I have seen NZ Leagues created for FM, it has just been a case of making whatever was already there "playable".
A few years back someone had done that very quickly for the whole world, and although it showed up in game the result wasn't really something you wanted to play...

I tried to accomplish something with NZ back with FM14, but by the time I'd gotten anywhere 2016 was out so I decided to recreate it there before sharing.

That editor created some major complications getting it to work as I could no longer edit the XML...  Maybe I didn't know it could export back then (if it could?!).
But anyway I gave up.

This time around, I have managed to get a semi-realistic League going down to 3rd Tier with realistic dates.  But I haven't put in the squad rules or finances yet.

Now that I've seen the detail you're going into, I am quite impressed.
I think I will wait until you've finished this project then play yours instead!

In the meantime, I'll think about how I'd like expansion/contraction of the HANDA Premiership to work and make my own add-on for that.
I think in terms of realism, the League tends to add/subtract teams based on the value it presents to sponsors and the competitiveness of the league, rather than being a straight promo/relegation thing.
Something that I don't think is possible with FM is the way some of the Premiership teams are actually made up from several lower league clubs.

The way I handled this in 2014 was rather fictional, but I made it so that the Winners of North, Central and South played in the Premiership over the Summer.
If they placed high enough in the competition, they were permanently promoted.  If a permanent team placed last behind them, that team was relegated.
Was quite interesting to see how this played out in different testing simulations.  One time it sat around 13-14 teams up and down, then next time round it got up to 18 teams!

Anyway, good luck editing!  :)

It's definitely a fantastic project, much better than the New Zealand databases I used in the past. I've settled on a serious save on the previous version, since it added the Central Premier League featuring my beloved Wellington United and it's perfectly playable already. This year will be the first time I'll have two serious saves going on at the same time, since I still fully intend to manage a bottom tier New Zealand side once it's all done. :D

4 hours ago, leandro said:

Great work on this, gonna test it.

Can't wait to try a all oceania database. Do you know if the OFC version of fm 2019 is following the real life rules?

edit: @DementedHammer when i put your file in editor data and start the game, the game freezes in opening loading screen 

Is anybody else experiencing this issue with v268, or is it just @leandro?

I won't have a chance to look into this until at least tomorrow evening, so here is the previous version. See if that works for you.

NZ Championship v266.fmf

2 hours ago, Triple3 said:

Hi there,

I read your first post way back, but didn't think much of it and carried on doing my own thing.
Normally when I have seen NZ Leagues created for FM, it has just been a case of making whatever was already there "playable".
A few years back someone had done that very quickly for the whole world, and although it showed up in game the result wasn't really something you wanted to play...

Thanks for the feedback, and also for your experiences regarding previous iterations.

Your detailed post deserves a detailed response:

I definitely want to get a system at place that reflects the NZ league system as accurately as is possible within the confines of what the editor (and my understanding of the editor) allows. As mentioned initially, there may be a few changes for playability reasons, but where possible, I will try to reflect the real system.

The direction that I am heading at this stage is to add as many teams, stadiums, competitions as possible within the confines of the game. As an example of a potential limitation, I think that there is a hard limit on the number of reserve teams that can be created per club, so it may not be possible to accurately reproduce all leagues down to the grassroots levels. For those situations, I may promote clubs from lower levels so that as many unique clubs as possible are in the game, even if that club's division isn't available.

Whilst I have no problems with creating vanilla league structures, there is always the potential where I hit a road block with some of the more complicated promotion and relegation systems that I will need to create with advanced rules.  My hope is that, by doing all the grunt work upfront, the community will see the value of this project and offer help to get the last few things over the line, if that is indeed required.

My next steps, after I look at @leandro's issue, will to be to add the rest of the Auckland and Northland leagues, which should get us down to the 10th tier or so. All going well, that should be achievable by the end of the weekend.  I'll provide an update closer to the time to let you all know how that is progressing.

Archived