So i've nailed defending and possession just missing goals

Hiya mates.

After days of tinkering I'm happy that I have built a tactic which is solid in defence, keeps the ball much more than the opponent BUT scoring is an issue, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as of what could be the issue in terms of penetration leading to a goal? 

In terms of fullbacks crossing, they stop when up the pitch? I've tried to ask them to byline it and cross more often but they just lose possession as they stop 

I also tried switching the wingers to IF and the AF to F9 with no difference really.

Screenshot 2018-11-02 at 17.48.11.png

Just now, THEMOUSTACHE said:

Yep, strange isn't it? Dominating games but not scoring enough, they're just sending it sky high or missing 1v1. I assume it's my tactics

Something maybe makes them rush with decision? High tempo?

10 hours ago, THEMOUSTACHE said:

Hiya mates.

After days of tinkering I'm happy that I have built a tactic which is solid in defence, keeps the ball much more than the opponent BUT scoring is an issue, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as of what could be the issue in terms of penetration leading to a goal? 

In terms of fullbacks crossing, they stop when up the pitch? I've tried to ask them to byline it and cross more often but they just lose possession as they stop 

I also tried switching the wingers to IF and the AF to F9 with no difference really.

Screenshot 2018-11-02 at 17.48.11.png

i got same problem with manutd too,AI bus parking.i try a BBM,with long shot stat > 15,PI take more shot.

i score 3 long shot in 2 game...

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

You haven't said how you expect to score? It looks quite one-dimensional and there are a lot of TIs so it's hard to see what the plan is.

5 hours ago, axehan1 said:

What type of scoring chances are you missing?Or are you just not creating anything?If it's 1v1 then you might want to look in the bugs forum and attach a pkm with examples as there seem to be 1v1 issues??

12 hours ago, Robson 07 said:

What did you customise and why?

A little update, I'll go into a bit more detail.

Here's the tactic with a little tweak...

1915976691_Screenshot2018-11-03at09_48_04.thumb.png.84804655be4f2305bae926e1f5153630.png

The style I want to play

I would like to play fast tempo attacking football on the break while being solid in defence when we lose the ball.. I' like to be playing the ball through the middle with through balls to our front three as they have good off the ball, acceleration etc. I feel like a lower tempo with a patient approach just makes our front three run into defensive walls and they end up losing the ball or getting tackled.

So obviously our strongest players are our front three. I'm aiming for Mbappe to be our main goal threat by using his insane dribbling and technical skills to score goals and play in Lewandowski & Paulinho when given the chance.

By doing this I have set up both wingers to cut inside of the open space behind the striker, mbappe to be the attacking IF and Paulinho to sit back a little more as he has good vision and long shots. 

Our advanced playmaker Gravenberch is designed to sit behind the front three and support them, Kessie is designed to support the front three but also to link play and do a little bit of defending but this is mostly the HB's job, he will sit as a ''5th defender'' so to speak. 

Lastly our fullbacks will cover the flanks to defend and support the midfield, I find that we get counter way too often if I push them too forward.

What I have achieved so far

We defend very well, we rarely concede here and regularly have 60-70% of possession against opponents. 

What I'm lacking

Goals! I find our striker isn't scoring enough due to being crowded with defenders causing him to long shot it way too often, same can be said for our wingers.

If I wanted Mbappe to be my main goal threat, I would want a central striker that is creating space for him rather than playing up against the oppositions defensive line.

Then, going by the use of the Half Back plus some of the TI's, I presume your build up play up the pitch is slow (well, at least on occasions). By that point that the ball does get up to the final third I can see your BBM getting up into spaces Mbappe as an IF would want to get into. So with that and the aforementioned striker role, is he being given the space to do damage?

1 hour ago, mp_87 said:

If I wanted Mbappe to be my main goal threat, I would want a central striker that is creating space for him rather than playing up against the oppositions defensive line.

Then, going by the use of the Half Back plus some of the TI's, I presume your build up play up the pitch is slow (well, at least on occasions). By that point that the ball does get up to the final third I can see your BBM getting up into spaces Mbappe as an IF would want to get into. So with that and the aforementioned striker role, is he being given the space to do damage?

Good advice.

I've given the f9 more creative freedom and changed the AP to support as he was dribbling a bit too much and losing the ball at times, seems to be working well.

I gave mbappe an attack duty and he seems to be flying at the moment! 

Fingers crossed.

Archived