Revolution in the land of the Llamas - There is always a positive side to being under a dictatorship!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5th place and a spot in the Copa Sudamerica. icon14.gif Very happy with that. Looking at the table, it does seems our defense was letting in a few more goals in the closing stage & we definitely need a goalscorer to help us get more at the other end.

We were classed as the overachievers in the league too. icon14.gif

Didn't do so well against our rivals, especially an embarassing 4-0 loss to Los Incas icon_redface.gif

8th on the list of richest clubs! icon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW corinthiano. Can't wait for next season.

A dissapointing end to the season with only 11 points in the last 22 games. Lost 3-1 to my rivals overall and was completely thrashed by them away from home.

Hope that because i'm the 2nd richest club, i can bring in some defenders in the window so i stop conceding. ( Puno scored the 3rd highest amount of goals but conceded the 2nd highest)

Hm. Evidently that attendance money isn't being put to good use. We need a lot of cash to stay competitive in this tier, I feel.

Well done Díaz though - a second place not to be sneezed at. Hopefully Díaz can buy and build something around Maxí Rodriguez in the transfer window.

Ciudad- one point off relegation. *phew*

Rivals- One of them champions of Peru (damn) the other 3 points off Continetal Competition (damn)- disappointing

Considering we were predicted last and so most of the best players had already been nabbed, survival is alright, and hopefully we can improve next season.

Good showing by Tevez. I didn't expect him to have such a good season. Hopefully it will continue in the new season.

Disappointed to lose the manager, but if the new was is ok will just have to see how we fair.

Looking at the position graph for the start of the season, it's a shame we had such a bad start to the season, might have made the conitnetal competitions otherwise. A good performance for CDT to buld on.

Norte Chico: Wow what a season - thrilled to have won the first Superliga title in style icon14.gif

Pity to lose Luxemburgo though, and to World Starz too :/ I guess the lure of the big city was too much and he couldn't pass up the opportunity to mingle with all those supporting celebs. Not too surprised that he managed to pull them back from an awful opening stage to a respectable league position; World Starz could be one to watch next season.

Delighted with the performance over our rivals and kinda pleased that they both managed to stay in the top league, otherwise no-one to gloat over next season. /Gloat icon_wink.gif

Slightly disappointed with our Copa Sudamerica performance, looks like the heat got to us in Lima icon_frown.gif Hopefully Dunga will bolster the squad for our Libertadores challenge this coming season.

But what happened with Roberto Silva? (aka "The Giant) He was leading the AV ratings for the opening stage but looks to have faded away in the second stage; pity cos I'd tipped him for Peruvian player of the year icon_biggrin.gif I guess at 32 he's started to slow down a bit, hopefully we can get one more good season out of him. Glad to see Robinho and Amauri playing so well and winning all the awards.

Club values look a bit odd, we're now worth a staggering £398m!! That's £134m more than our nearest rival icon_confused.gif While that sounds nice in theory, I hope it doesn't mean we sold off Robinho or Amauri; I have a bad feeling that Dunga sold off Robinho to Man Utd at the start of the season. Hope not!

Great update with bags of detail, good job Corinthiano! One small suggestion, when you post the screenshots of matches maybe you could use a split view of overview + match stats or overview + player ratings as it gives a bit more information. Also, could we get a screen of the Peruvian national squad listed by general information? It's just so we can see how many players from the national league are making the international squad. Cheers, and keep up the good work!

No problem mate, I needed an excuse to learn photoshop anyway and besides, was fun. Just realised the stripe on the third kit is the wrong colour (should be blue not red) but I'll leave it as is cos it looks really good imo.

Corinthiano, one more request; if it's not too much trouble could we get a screen of the closing stage table?

relegation.... a sad season, but we did decently against our rivals. Well done to Norte Chico, but im happy that my team did us proud by getting the furthest in the Sudamerica cup. knocking out Norte Chico was the best thing of that run in the cup.

I have bad news unfortunately icon_frown.gif

I have ran the game until 2010 and the qualificaion for the Libertadores and Sudamericana are wrong again. On my test run I supposed that as the qualification ran alright in 2009 it would run alright for the following seasons, unfortunately I was wrong.

I will try two different things in the editor now:

1. Replace all 1st Division clubs with Second Division but invert ehtir league position.

2. Simply replace all First Division sids with the new Superliga teams.

Solution number 1 is the best IMO as I would like to see how the "old" traditional sides to in the league, so I am hoping it will work. I was very careless with past positions and I think that is the reason why the game has had faults in the long run. I will now run a 5 season test after redoing the database to make sure everything runs smoothly this time.

I am really sorry for this and I hope I havent ruined it for some of you, I think I can do all databse changes + tests tomorrow, so we could have new updates by Thursday.

Again I am sorry, but please be patient as this is my first Sign-Up and I am still learining!!

No worries mate. The editor throws up some unexpected complications like this from time to time. icon_frown.gif

Would it work if you just let the orignal Peruvian teams compete in the first season and then see if the new ones qualify based on league position after that?

Hope you can find a working solution soon. icon14.gif

It's a shame but these things happen.

I haven't messed around much with the editor personally but I'm pretty sure the league rules are hard-coded into the game, which would include relegation/promotion rules and continental competition qualifications. If I understand correctly this would mean that you'd have to use the Peruvian first division as the template, i.e. rename it etc and add the replace the teams with Superliga teams. Then I guess you'd have to replace the Peruvian second division teams with the first division teams to make the promotions work how you want it. Then finally you'd need to go through each team that you've moved (i.e. Peruvian 1st & 2nd division sides + the new Superliga teams) and fill out their "competitions" tab with the relevant info. But you probably know all this so sorry for interfering icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the tips Dodgee D and McTavish, what I did originally was to replace the 2nd divisions with the new Superliga teams and then swap them with the first division sides. I did correct the past positions of the Superliga teams but didnt do the same for the old first division sides, just changing the last league they were in to the second division.

I think that if I correct the past position bit of the old first division sides, it should make it work. Will give it a go now and let you guys know the results in a couple of hours!!

Originally posted by corinthiano:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Samuel Vimes:

No luck?

I am still working on it... I have had a couple of tough days at work so havent had too much energy, I will definately have fixed it by the weekend icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take your time icon_smile.gif

Problem fixed icon_smile.gif

It was a really stupid mistake of mine in the first place... I thought that the entry field "Competition Level" determined the competitivness of the league, however it actually determines the strucutre of the leagues. So a 0 is the First Tier, 1 Second, 2 Third and so on, with 2o being a cup competition. So basically what I did was set the Superliga as a Cup Competition and the Second Division became the "Top Tier" in terms of qualification!! Silly me icon_rolleyes.gif

If I hadnt stumbled across this info in the editors forum I would have chopped and changed the database for a quite a while without any result so I am very happy I decided to venture into that forum!!

So in terms of updates, there will definately be at least a half-season update tomorrow evening/night and maybe I ll be able to get a whole season depending on how quickly I progress with writing the updates (it takes me a while...)

Thank you for everyones help, support and patience. Cant wait to get this started again, come on Los Incas!! (Not that I m biased icon_biggrin.gif)

Great to hear this is back up again.

Are you starting from the beginning again, or are you taking the changes in the first season into account?

I hope it's the first one so we (CDT) redo the start of the season again and qualify for the Copa! Tevez for top scorer!

The Superliga is back!!

After human right violation and corruption claims against General Escobar there was a lot of uncertainty regarding the Superliga and even talk of banning all Peruvian clubs from international competitions. Thankfully "El Loko" managed to clear all issues peacefully and the Superliga's inauguration was back on track!! (There were claims that the General bribed several politians and footballing officials, but we know our general wouldnt do that sort of thing icon_wink.gif)

New game, some changes

I have made a couple of changes in the database/league selection, but nothing major. Nery Pumpido and Ricardo Gomes were given the Argentina and Brazil jobs respectively, with Ricardo Gomes still in charge of AS Monaco.

The Mexican First Division has been added to the loaded leagues, although I havent upped their league reputation (dont like thoise nosy Mexicans!!)

Here are all Club Information Screens again:

Atletico Arequipa

CDT

Ciudad

Cusco Athletico

Lima

Los Incas

LW FC

Mayobamba C.F.

Norte Chico

Puno

Westfields FC

World Starz

Richest Clubs

Only Barcelona and Milan in our way!!

Will post the first half-season update in a couple of hours, mantainng the same format as on the previous version, with any improvement suggestions that were made before.

Originally posted by donners365:

Great to hear this is back up again.

Are you starting from the beginning again, or are you taking the changes in the first season into account?

I hope it's the first one so we (CDT) redo the start of the season again and qualify for the Copa! Tevez for top scorer!

We are making a fresh start, so you have to hope for another good season from CDT, maybe this time you can knock Norte Chico from their perch icon_wink.gif

Good to hear you got it sorted. icon14.gif You think that SI would include a manual for the editor too. icon_rolleyes.gif Long live the Editor's Forum!

I hope Mayobamba can do as well as last time. Maybe this time we can get better results against those mountain goats Los Incas and Cusco! icon_biggrin.gif

Mid-Season Update (1st August 2008)

Summer Transfers

Like predicted, most clubs in the Superliga have decided not to invest heavily this season as they are investing in their youth players. It was thought the former "big clubs" like Alianza Lima, Universitario and Sporting Cristal would be raided even more, but the players left at those clubs were deemed not good enough for the Superliga. In the Summer Transfer Window there was only one signing:

Fabricio Fuentes - He was signed for £1.1 Million from Villareal and will give the Ciudad side stability at the back.

League Standings

It seems like this all happened before, Norte Chico and Atletico Arequipa are topping the Superliga again. Norte Chico have been extraordinary with Roberto "The Giant" Silva being the surprise top scorer of the League with 21 goals. However this time there isnt such a big difference between the two top clubs and the rest. Ciudad and Los Incas are still very much in the title race and CDT are on an amzing run and could provide us with a challenge for at least a Libertadores place if they continue their winning ways. Three teams have been particularly bad in the first half of the season, Mayobamba, Westfields FC and Cusco Athletico. Special mention goes to Cusco Athletico who havent been out of a relegation spot since the 6th game of the season. There is still a lot of time for them to turn things around, but they will have to improve dramatically to avoid the drop.

League Table

Past Positions - 1st and 2nd

Past Positions - 3rd and 4th

Past Positions - 5th and 6th

Past Positions - 7th and 8th

Past Positions - 9th and 10th

Past Positions - 11th and 12th

Team Statistics

Player Statistics

Winter Transfers

Cusco Athletico's awful league form had consequences, bad and good ones. Feeling the pressure and not performing as well as expected from him, Andres D'Alessandro escaped to Palermo for a measly £1.6 Million. The club reacted by signing this fella (again):

Edmilson - Like before, he will be giving more experience and calmness to the team as they need to up their game for the last half of the season.

There were also rumours Vagner Love was about to join the club, but Cusco Athletico couldnt get the transfer through on time.

The only other winter signing comes from Mexico:

Israel Castro - The former Pumas full-back is the highest transfer this season in Peru, costing The Kings £3 Million. Not a bad signing and one that will surely aid the club in their push or Continental football.

In other news, Manchester United are interested in Robinho, but Luxemburgo has issued a hand-off warning (again).

Squads and Youth Players

Atletico Arequipa

Squad

Most Valuable Youth Player

CDT

Squad

Ciudad

Squad

Cusco Athletico

Squad

Lima

Squad

Los Incas

Los Incas

LW FC

Squad

Mayobamba C.F.

Squad

Norte Chico

Norte Chico

Puno

Squad

Westfields FC

Squad

World Starz

Squad

Libertadores Watch

Preliminary Round

Puno were given a very tough draw and had to play against Brazilian heavyweights Cruzeiro for a place in the Group Stage. The game at the Pwnage Arena was very tight and a Humberto Suazo first-half strike sealed an important 1-0 win for The Panthers. The game at the Mineirao in Belo Horizonte started absolutely crazy when Fabricio fouled Suazo inside the penalty area. Fabricio was sent off, but Aguero felt the pressure and missed a golden chance to calm the Puno nerves. Cruzeiro were playing with an all r nothing mentality and lost their coolness in the 41st minute again, Apodi being the man heading for an early shower. Even with 2 men less Cruzeiro took the lead early on in the second half through Guilherme. After Cruzeiro had another man sent off it was all Puno and Aguero made up for his early penalty miss to score an equalizer with ten minutes to go. Puno thorugh to the Group Stages!!

First Leg

Second Leg

Group Stages

Group A - Puno

Even with the club buzzing after the thrilling games against Cruzeiro, they couldnt compete with Boca and Colo Colo and their only win came against Olimpia at home.

Group Table

Group C - Lima

The boys from Lima were also not able to compete with the Mexican sides in this group, however beating a traditional side like Flamengo 2-1 is certainly a very positive point.

Group Table

Group D - World Starz

The best Peruvian team in the Group Stages and the only side able to win away from home. Unfortunately this doesnt say much and with only 5 points World Starz were also a mile away from qualification to the Last 16.

Group Table

River Plate ended up beating Sao Paulo in the final and there were no major surprises in this years edition.

Knock-Out Stages Tree

Awards and Statistics

There were no Superliga player involved in any awards, but that will surely change along the years. In the Statistics session, Peruvian fans have proved they are very passionate and faithful as all 3 clubs were amongst the best average attendances. Puno had two players standing out, Aguero and Suazo were amongst the best providers and scorers respectively in the South American top competition.

Team Statistics

Player Statistics

Best Goal

Best Player

Dream Team

Golden Boot

In other (surprising) news...

No managers have been sacked yet!! There is not evena single manager with their job under threat, there is something strange going on...

Originally posted by Samuel Vimes:

I wouldn't mind a deja vu icon_smile.gif Shame Arequipa is in a horrible form slump though - need to pick our game up. Benavides injured doesn't help. And why isn't Palermo playing every game! icon_mad.gif

He is a bit of an old man to be fair icon_wink.gif

Did you ever see his 3 penalty misses for Argentina in one game? One of the best days of my life icon_biggrin.gif

Mayobamba aren't doing as well as last time. icon_frown.gif Last time, the boss brought in a keeper, which made a big difference I guess. Oh well, just so long as we stay up, I'll be happy.

KUTGW mate. Great to see everything back up in working order. icon14.gif

Cmon Los Chicos, first in the league at the half-way stage proving that last time was no fluke. Good to see Silva outperforming the likes of Aguero and Tevez again; hopefully he'll be able to carry his good form into the closing stage this time around!

Good job Corinthiano, nice to see this sign-up running again.

Originally posted by starburst91:

Im supporting weeeman27bob's puno, mainly because of what the stadium is called :p but this is a really entertaining signup icon_biggrin.gif

Everyone with their reasons icon_smile.gif

But at the end of the day everyone knows the Kings of the Andes are Los Incas icon_biggrin.gif

End of Season Report coming up tomorrow as soon as I wake up, have made all the screenies already so hopefully it ll go a bit quicker...

I have also come up with a point season for Continental Performances, so we can see which club is the best internationally. This will be posted along with the All-Time Rankings for the Peruvian League.

We signed Edmilson, again, and hopefully he can save our season, again. Disappointed to loose D'Alessandro for such a small fee and the rest of the squad will really have to put in and score some goals. We're only 6 points from safety so hopefully a few good results at home and we should just survive.

Also I'm going away on holidays so I won't be able to post for the next week.

KUTGW again

2008 End of Season Update

League Standings

It was a much tighter season this time around although Norte Chico were again the best team of the league and never had to worry too much about the title slipping away as the chasing pack werent consistant enough. Word Starz first amde an attempt but their form suffered in the last few games and they even missed out on a Libertadores spot, this on the last day with bitter rivals Lima pipping 3rd place. Lima also got the symboli title of Closing Stage champion due to their impressive form in the last games of the season. CDT finished a comfortable 5th place and will be in the Sudamericana next season, whie LW FC was never in danger of anything. At the bottom, Mayobamba C.F. had an awful last half of the season and were in the bottom for a long time and were relelgated with a few games to. Cusco Athletico and Westfields had a battle in which Cusco Athletico was coming out on top before Westfield FC took them over with a few games left of the season. Cusco Athletico couldnt recover and were the second Andes team relegated.

League Table

Closing Stage

Past Positions - 1st and 2nd

Past Positions - 3rd and 4th

Past Positions - 5th and 6th

Past Positions - 7th and 8th

Past Positions 9th and 10th

Past Positions - 11th and 12th

Awards and Statistics

The surprise of the season was Johan Fano, who beat all superstars to become the top goalscorer of the Superliga and also had the best Average Rating. The 30-year old Peruvian outshoe Palermo and fired his team into the Libertadores. In the awards section the LW FC midfield partnership were elceted the best 2 players of the season. Ronaldinho and Riquelme wee a joy to watch, so much creativity in a team is not seen too often. Dunga won the Manager of the Year due to his impressive performance in the Closing Stage.

Team Stats

Player Stats

Records

Season Summary

Player of the Year

Manager of the Year

Top Goalscorer

Young Player of the Year

Team of the Year

Squads

Note - I will be posting the Home-Grown Player with the best average rating at every end of the season, any suggestions on a different idea are more than welcome.

Atletico Arequipa

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

CDT

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Ciudad

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Cusco Athletico

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Lima

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Los Incas

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

LW FC

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Mayobamba C.F.

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Norte Chico

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Puno

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Westfields FC

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

World Starz

Squad

Best Home-Grown Player

Rival Watch

Capital Rivalry

Lima remained unbeaten against the working class teams of LW FC and Westfields FC, but didnt come out on top too much agains the World Starz, at least something The Kings have gotten agains their rivals after bitterly losing the Libertadores place in the last game of the season. The World Starz also annihilated Westfields in the most ones sided Lima derby.

Lima vs. LW FC

Lima vs. Westfields FC

Lima vs. World Starz

LW FC vs. Westfields FC

LW FC vs. World Starz

Westfields FC vs. Wordl Starz

Theu Sothern Rivalry

Even though Atletico Arequipa had a muchbetter season than Puno, The Panthers hav been a match for Los Blancos and apart from a 3-0 defeat at the Estadio de Misti all the games have been very tight.

Atletico Arequipa vs. Puno

The Mountain Rivalry

The awful season Cusco Athletico and Mayobamba C.F. had were reflected in the derbies against Los Incas, who only lost twice to their rivals in total. The two relegated sides played very even games against each other so there isnt anything to celebrate about for either teams even in this aspect.

Cusco Athletico vs. Los Incas

Cusco Athletico vs. Mayobamba C.F.

Los Incas vs. Mayobamba C.F.

The Northern Rivalry

The small-twon boys from Huanuco didnt have a positive record against the sides from Trujillo and Huaraz. And whe it comes to see who the best big city is, Norte Chico has the slight advantage, although CDT can be happy with their performances againt the league champions.

CDT vs. Ciudad

CDT Norte vs. Chico

Ciudad vs. Norte Chico

Sudamericana Watch

First Preliminary Round

LW FC

LW FC started with a lot of hope although they knew that Deportivo Cali would be tough opposition. It all started very well with Gonzales-Vigil scoring in the 25th minute, but Deportivo Cali turned the game around in the second half to make it 2-1. Still not a bad result as LW FC had an away goal. But then came the disaster of Arena Los Lima, LW FC got trashed 7-0 at home to embarass anyone involved with the Superliga

1st Leg

2nd Leg

Norte Chico

Norte Chico made up for LW FC's dissappointing performance by trashing La Equidad 9-0 on aggregate. Now it was time for the Superliga to take revenge on the Cali giants.

1st Leg

2nd Leg

First Preliminary Round Overview

Second Preliminary Round

Norte Chico showed potential to beat Deportivo Cali and they proved it by going 3-0 up int the first leg. With an extra man o the field everything seemed sure until they conceded a goal in the last 15 minutes to make them a bit more nervous. It was still a good advantage, but Norte Chico were hoping the away goal conceded wouldnt come back to haunt them. And it didnt. Robinho scored an early goal before Norte Chico doubled the lead halfway through the second half. Deportivo Cali scored a consolation goal but the tie was comfortably won by the Peruvians.

1st Leg

2nd Leg

Second Preliminary Round Overview

First Round

Confidence was hight at the Estadio de Aspero as the club was topping the Superliga and demonstrating it was a force to be reckoned with in South America. That all changed in La Paz, a 5-0 demolition shocked the side so much that they couldnt even react in the Second Leg, losing 1-0 at home. Norte Chico couldnt believe the missed opprtunity to make an appearence in the last 8 of the Sudamericana and even though they are the best side in Peru, they need to strengthen to be abke to compete internationally.

1st Leg

2nd Leg

First Round Overview

Awards and Statistics

River won the Sudamericana, making it a South American double for them. Norte Chico were joit top scorers due to their Colombian exploitings and Robinho finished as runner-up in the goalscoring charts.

Team Stats

Player Stats

Golden Boot

Managerial Changes

I knew it wasnt going to last long and wehad a few casualties in the second half of the season. There was one chain reaction that started in the Puno lake. Bielsa was sacked towards the end of the season and Felipao from Los Incas was his replacement. Los Incas wanted to keep it Brazilian at the club and managed to lure Luxemburgo from Norte Chico (Luxemburgo was never a very loyal man). Norte Chico alo thought Brazilian is best and snapped up Carlos Alberto Parreira from struggling Cusco Athletico. Cusco were in to bad a position to atract any international coach, so they went for Ramon Quiroga. The other relegated side, Mayobamba C.F., also had a manager change sacking Muricy Ramalho and beting on Ramon Diaz to rebuild the club.

National Team

Peru had a very good year and find themselves in 4th place in the World Cup Qualifying Table, meaning they could be on course fro the 2010 WorLD Cup!! (I have forogtten to take a screenie at the end of the season and a few more games have been played since so a tabel will follow next season!!)

The World Cup Qualifying Fixtures:

vs. Venezuela

vs. Uruguay

vs. Chile

Colombia

vs. Paraguay

vs. Bolivia

Friendlies:

vs Grenada

vs. Trinidad & Tobago

Senior Squad

U20 Squad

World Watch

Competitions

Argentina: Boca, River

Brazil: Botafogo

Chile: Universidad de Chile, Colo Colo

Colombia: Medellin, Deportivo Cali

Mexico: Atlante, America (MEX)

Uruguay: Danubio

Copa Libertadores: River

Copa Sudamericana: River

Club World Championship: Milan

Awards

South American Player of the Year

South American Manager of the Year

South American Team of the Year

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

National and International Rankings to follow.

Do I not like that?!? icon_frown.gif Mayobamba went from 5th in the aborted game to rock bottom this time... Well, I suppose our rep will be enough to ensure an immediate return. I just hope my youngsters will stay and develop enough to ensure we can compete on our return.

Great updates again. icon14.gif Love the amount of detail (In fact, I'll have to come back for a second read later to check the rest of the screenies icon_biggrin.gif)

Archived