Int and Trv icons are confusing

To filter unavailable players, you need to click the button on the right of the squad screen to hide/show filters - down near the bottom is a check box for filtering out unavailable players.

I take glamdring's point, but I'd rather go back to the old way of clearly distinguishing between Int and Inj buttons. I can always filter out unavailable players if I want using the above methd.

My issue is not that I don't know who to but that the option to do so is missing.

Where it should be it just isn't. all I get is the usual main, reserves, and u18 teams tick boxes with relevant position and sides. Just no option to remove unavailable players

I notice that when players go on international duty the Int and Trv icons are now red. I had a heart attack when I first saw it as I thought I had some sort of injury crisis. The problem is, it makes it difficult to pick out players who really are injured, which makes planning for the game ahead (when the international players have returned) difficult.

I realise it was probably meant to indicate unavailable players, but I don't think it works too well. Any chance of a more sensible colour?

I think it's a step forward :)

The red coulor indicates a player isn't available for the next match for whatever reason. Bothering to read the icon is easier to me than screening through all kinds of icons with different colours to see who is available and who isn't. Have tried including travelling or ineligible players into my squad quite a number of times.

I think it's a step forward :)

The red coulor indicates a player isn't available for the next match for whatever reason. Bothering to read the icon is easier to me than screening through all kinds of icons with different colours to see who is available and who isn't. Have tried including travelling or ineligible players into my squad quite a number of times.

The problem is it doesn't indicate who is unavailable for the next match at all. International plauers return, whereas players carrying injuries won't.

Slightly off topic, but why was the Trv icon introduced anyway? Wouldn't it be a lot simpler for Int to cover the whole period a player is away on international duty since it makes no difference at all, as far as I'm aware, to me as manager whether a player is travelling or is actually with his International squad - he's still unavailable for my team either way.

Slightly off topic, but why was the Trv icon introduced anyway? Wouldn't it be a lot simpler for Int to cover the whole period a player is away on international duty since it makes no difference at all, as far as I'm aware, to me as manager whether a player is travelling or is actually with his International squad - he's still unavailable for my team either way.

Was about to post the same thing myself, until I saw that you beat me to it. Glamdring's suggestion is something to consider.

• SI Staff

I think the Trv was introduced because if you were managing in England and had a player playing for Argentina in a home match, the players who play in Argentina would return from international duty quicker than the player who has to travel back to Europe.

I think the Trv was introduced because if you were managing in England and had a player playing for Argentina in a home match, the players who play in Argentina would return from international duty quicker than the player who has to travel back to Europe.

Surely it would be the other way round. If you have a player playing in Argentina and a Player playing in Croatia for example surely the player playing in Croatia would get back before the player playing in Argentina. Sounds very conusing I know but it seems more logical :p Tongue twister! Anyway back on topic. I want it changed back to blue as it is easy to read and acknowledge.

He is talking about Argentina players, that players in the Argentine squad would obviously get back to Argentine clubs faster than they would to European ones. Although I guess it's a confusing thing to try and explain and/or read, as I read it like you did first time and ended up reading it again.

• 7 months later...

Archived