Int and Trv icons are confusing

I notice that when players go on international duty the Int and Trv icons are now red. I had a heart attack when I first saw it as I thought I had some sort of injury crisis. The problem is, it makes it difficult to pick out players who really are injured, which makes planning for the game ahead (when the international players have returned) difficult.

I realise it was probably meant to indicate unavailable players, but I don't think it works too well. Any chance of a more sensible colour?

It doesn't really bother me as in the end it means the same thing - that player is unavailable. So in a way, making them one colour makes it easy to see at an instant who is and is not available.

If you play in a top division (or even as some 2nd level teams) you won't have a game when internationals are on, so it's pretty irrelevent. By the time your next game comes around they will be back. However with injuries/suspensions obviously this won't be the case.

I can see the argument for it, but I prefered it the old way.

I like the idea of having all unavailable players being indicated by the same color. That way you can clearly figure out how many players you have for the next match. The only problem is that sometimes a quick glance can freak you out because you think they're all injured.

So I like Ter's suggestion of internationals being a darker red to differentiate from injuries.

But I like the idea of using red because Red means NO!

1. Injuries are already dark red.

2. Red/Blue is what anyone who has played it before (most of us) is used to.

3. Int and Inj. The lettering is almost identical too. I shouldn't need to get the magnifying glass out to see the difference between a red "Inj", and a red "Int", which is the last letter alone. It's just silly.

4. I have to "LOL" when I see someone complaining about injuries by posting a screeny, only to have someone have to tell them "9 of those players are on red 'Int' rather than 'Inj' which means they are on international duty".

5. Do you have to suddenly pay royalties for using the color blue? What's the problem?

I guess it was done to improve usability. It's had the opposite effect. To stick with it just so you don't have to admit it's a change for the worse would just be real bad.

We shouldn't need a Spanish Inquisition, or "improvement" that is slightly less worse (dark red), when the best way was being used all along... Come on now.

Anything but red. Red makes me think of injuries, and at a glance I think I have an injury crisis until I notice that it is a t not a j. But at first I didn't realise this until my mate pointed it out as I didn't read what was inside the red square as that to me just means injury.

it was a lot better when blue in 08, now im always thinking ive got more injuries then ive got. i play as notts county and even with the few internationals i can get its confusing.

it would be a good idea for a colour choice in preferences for people to go back to blue or another colour for int. and trv.

it was a lot better when blue in 08, now im always thinking ive got more injuries then ive got. i play as notts county and even with the few internationals i can get its confusing.

it would be a good idea for a colour choice in preferences for people to go back to blue or another colour for int. and trv.

Thanks for the feedback on this guys and points taken. We may review and alter these slightly for the patch to see if we can improve the 'at a glance' feel for them, but all suggestions and thoughts in the meantime are still welcome.
Would a darker red be more appropriate?

And some people say they don't listen to reasonable feedback on reasonable issues? Bah!

Thanks SI guys! :)

I was confused but I agree with most people here, at the first I was like "omg what is this gonna do to my game?", but it wasn't so bad. The thing is I like sending my injured players to the reserve team so thats where I need to pay attention

I am still attempting to get used to the new icon colours but I don't think it'll be too big of a deal for me. I would prefer the international icon to be a different colour then it is now since when I see red, I automatically think injured (since it happens to be the most occurring problem for me). A dark blue would be just fine for it in my opinion.

go back to blue, it rocks! i don't like the all red, but i do like the addition of the unavailable players position or sub number going red too

I also like that. Make me notice straight away that I have a player not available in my first team squad or bench.

Personally I'd like the idea best of just having all players who are unavailable for the next game either through injury, suspension or international commitments in Red and everything else in Blue. I have no problem reading what the actual symbol says so for me colour coding is just a quick "at a glance" way to see who is available...I don't really care who is unavailable at times when we don't have a match since it's not as if we, as manager, take an active part in day to day training.

Funnily enough I had that same problem in FM08 the other day...I don't use it very often, but it just wasn't there when I did want it.

At the time I was at the point where you select your team for the match though so maybe it is not available at that exact point? :confused:

I always switch to the main squad screen to pick my team rather than the Matchday tacticsy screen so I thought it was the same as every other day of the week, but maybe the filter for unavailable players is only available at times when you haven't gone into the team selection process...

To filter unavailable players, you need to click the button on the right of the squad screen to hide/show filters - down near the bottom is a check box for filtering out unavailable players.

I take glamdring's point, but I'd rather go back to the old way of clearly distinguishing between Int and Inj buttons. I can always filter out unavailable players if I want using the above methd.

• SI Staff
I would go with green, just like with trial players that are with the club. They are there and fit but unavailabel for selection. Sort of liek with International players, they will be there next game and they aren't injured, however, they cannot be selected

Do those players not show up as red (Ine) before a match?

Archived