FM09: Official Manchester City Football Club Thread

coolbananas

it is hard to keep good players at Man City happy. Especially if board steps in and sells them for you. I won the Euro cup and my club ranking SHOT up and they generally want to stay now :) mounting a title challenge in my 3rd season with a bare bones team. I sold loads of players and couldnt get the players i wanted to strengthen the squad. so hope noone important gets injured :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got the game and been doing my share of wheeling and dealing! Not played a match yet.

Still got a few pounds left over but here is the state of things:

IN:

Gomis 10m

Miguel Veloso 12m

Joao Moutinho 10m

Urby Emmanuelson 7.25m

Pogrebnyak 7.5m

Arshavin 12.75m

Lassana Diarra 13m

Vela 10m

OUT:

Ched Evans 4.5m (Reluctant, Sale clause, not going to play though with Vela ahead as a youngster)

Glauber (loan)

Kelvin Etuhu 1.1m

Michael Ball 1.5m

Hamann 50k (With veloso and diarra it was just get rid!)

Gelson 5.5m

Impending Sales/Signings

IN:

Balotelli 12m (In the wings)

Downing 15m (Not going to go much higher, may get Tuncay instead to bolster attacking options)

Enquiry for Ashley Young

OUT:

Elano 10m

Logan (Loan)

Ireland 5m

Should of held out for Gelson, he comes quite decent but I got 9.5 in January for him :p Also heard people get more than that!

Wouldnt get Downing if I were you :/ ***** IMO

How much money will you have left after the Pirlo deal?

Loan or I like to have a youngster as a backup so they can get some game time.

After Pirlo? Probably a big goose egg! I'm pushing into January, and I made most of the signings I needed in August. Decided to try to rely on a lot of youth this time around, though. Had been playing Elano in midfield but he's not quite doing the job and other clubs are interested in him. If I can get a good offer for Elano, I'll have around 25M to spend. Plus, I have another couple of players on their way out in January so I should be able to adjust the budget if need be.

Now in October of my game and looking good. Transfers so far:

IN:

Angel Di Maria (£9m)

Miguel Veloso (£10m)

Axel Witsel (£8m)

Simon Vukcevic (£10m)

Keirrison (£8.5m)

Marcelo (£4.4m)

Lassana Diarra (£14m)

Joao Moutinho (£10.25m)

Abubakari Yakubu (£2.5m)

OUT:

Gelson Fernandes (£4.5m)

Dietmar Hamann (£750k)

Michael Ball (£2m)

GOING SOON:

Martin Petrov (just not performing)

Using a home-made 4-2-3-1 formation based on TT&F. Preferred lineup is:

Keirrison

Di Maria, Vukcevic, Witsel

Veloso, Moutinho

Marcelo, Richards, Dunne, Yakubu

Diarra swaps in and out for Moutinho

Kompany swaps in and out for Veloso

Jo for Keirrison

Elano and Petrov are just not performing as well as the youngsters so not sure what their future is really.

I play a possesion game with wingbacks. Although im yet to find some decent wing backs. Awsome passing ability of my midfield creates lots of chances and Robinho and Cardoza do the business for me but i feel i could get more from the striker position.

Alonso and Veloso just pick everything up and ping it around the field. Its awsome to watch and its really coming together this season.

formation.jpg

I have now started a new game with Manchester city, after som seasons in another save game just to try out different things.

After a intense search for players and trying to get ridd of some players i have now ended my buyings for the first season.

Here is the ones i have bough in brittish pound:

Leo Franco GK 6 mill

Niko Kranjcar AM 9,5 mill

Mickael Chretien LB 6,5 mill

Jerome Boateng RB/LB Loan, sum 3 mill.

Lassandra Diarra DM 10,75 mill

Cristian Zapata CD 12,5 mill

Jeremy Mathieu LB 3,4 mill

Miguel Veloso DM 9,75 mill

Peter Masilela LB 0,6 mill

Pavel Pogrebnyak ST 6,5 mill

Oscar Cardozo ST loan sum 3 mill

Guilherme ST 17,25 mill

Yury Zhirkov LM 9,75 mill

Darijo Srna RB, RM 14,25 mill

Tore Reginussen DC 2,5 mill

Total 115 mill.

I have got ridd of 26 players for the ammount of 36mill. The biggest sales have been Ched Evans 4.2, Michael Johnson 3.8, Gelson Fernandes 4.3, Stephen ireland 4.7

I am still trying to sell Jo, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Felipe Caicedo, Tal Ben-Haim, Glauber and Daniel Sturridge.

The idea is to play a 4-4-2 tatctic with a diamond midfield.

Team will look like this:

GK: Leo Franco (Joe Hart)

DL: Jeremy Mathieu ( Peter Masilela, Michael Ball)

DR: Mickael Chretien (Jerome Boateng Darijo Srna)

DC: Micah Richards (Richard Dunne, Tore Reginiussen)

DC: Cristian Zapata (Richard Dunne, Tore Reginiussen)

DM: Lassandra Diarra, Miguel Veloso (they will rotate on it)

AM: Elano (Niko Kranjcar)

RM: Darijo Srna ( Shaun Wright-Phillips)

LM: Yury Zhirkov (Martin Petrov)

ST: Robinho, Guilherme (they will rotate on it)

ST: Pavel Porebnyak, Oscar Cadozo (they will rotate on it)

I feel i have been able to get much quality out of the spendings. My idea is to rotate alot on the spots, so they normally wount start a match if they are bellow 95% fitness. I also feel i have enough players so i can take some injuries without noticing it to much.

In the future i will probably not buy any new players that will get right into the first team squad, might do an attempt on Mikel Arteta since he fitts into my tactic perfectly as right midfield. Exept from him i will mostly buy prospects in the future. Are expanding my scouting network and appointing trainers that will give me 7 stars in each training section.

So far i'm only on the European cup 2 qualification round. I will give an update on how it goes when i reached 1st January.

okay now i'm on season 2 guys

i got champions league with 4th spot and won the other 3 competition i'm in

the top 4 was very tight

in the transfer for season 2

i bought in sakho (13.25m, tell me if its too ex) and sold dunne (12m)

bought lescott 5m, craig gordon 4m, asenjo 4m

saivet 7.25m

rafinha 14.75m

zapata 27m

arshavin 14.75m from portsmouth

and the biggest deal of my season, kaka for 47.5m!

i wanted lloris, he wanted to com right after the season ended at 25m

but i offered him a contract that was too low on wages in his opinion. ( i dun like to pay over the odds for wages)

after that he didnt want to com anymore

sold moutinho to inter for 25.5m

gelson fernandes for 10m to sunderland

and bojinov 4.5m

plus zabaleta for 8.5m to chelsea

this is already inclusive of dunne for 12m to arsenal

guys do comment if u think i bought players for too ex or sold for too little

i am looking for a right sided amc

i play a

4 1 3 2 formation

with 3 amc

so i nid a amc for the right side

normally i have

matias fernandez riquelme robinho

now that i bought kaka, i think of swaping him with riquelme.

but i found out riquelme still is the best in my team.

so i swaped kaka with robinho

i bought in arshavin for the right sided amc too, but it doesnt seems to help matters for he is so poor there

now my first team is

ochoa

guardado zapata richards rafinha

kaka riquelme m.fernandez

Arthur Cardozo

Arthur is a young striker who is similar in stats to bojan for me on my save

i bought in many good regens too in the 2nd season.

some of which looks ready for first team already!

i dunno how to talk screenshots or post an ss though.

i nid some help her with my transfer. incoming transfer fees for me allows me to get 40% of the fee to spend only.

any way to change this?

i really hate it

and help me see if i nid any changes to my team guys

thanks~

oh ya the most important question

how do i get ppl to loan out my players?

i want to loan out jo, and all the young talents in my reserves.

but when i offer them to clubs, all that is said is no offers are made, or that clubs are not ready to make an offer

so far i onli succeeded in getting santon on loan to leece.

thats the onli one!

I am in season 4.

Finally I managed to take Fabregas from Arsenal. I hope this purchase will make my life a little bit more easy cause Arsenal has been a hard team to beat. I started bidding from 60 mil. At 125 mil they refused but decide to answer and they asked 235 mil. We settled it for a meager 175mil. :)

Now I wanna see who will give those passes to Adebayor!

You got done mate, Fabregas isn't amazing on FM tbh. Good stats but doesn't perform that well. there are much better options, better value.

His passes are at 20, good first touch, he was destroying me when he played at Arsenal hand now he is doing pretty good for me. Plus I weakened Arsenal. What can I do better?

shaka how did u get zapata for so cheap?

they wont take lower than 27m on my game!~

For Curuedhel, do tell me how Keirrison & Simon V fares for u

Simon looks amazing but i didnt get him cos he aint fast

Keirrison is so young and ex =x

I tryed myself out in other save games, and i found out i wanted him from the start. And from experience i know he goes cheaper in the start then after a few weeks.

I have now played 24 games in Premier Division, and ended the january Transfer window. I am placed 4th in the league with same ammount as the 3th and 5th place. W14 D3 L6 scored 46 goals and conceeded 24.

In the transfer window i sold:

Martin Petrov, LM, £10,75M

Elano, AM, £9,75M

I bought:

Angel di Maria, LM, £4,4M

Marco Zambelli, RB, £2M

Sotiris Ninis, RM, £2,5M

Juan Roman Riquelme, AM, £11,25M

The RB i bought since the ones i bought pre season didnt really perform good enough. I ended up using Pablo Zabaleta.

Sotiris Ninis i bought for developing for the second season, since i will probably sell Shaun Wright-Phillips after this season.

So far have Robinho actually surprised me, have scored 16 goals and 6 assists on 24 games from start and 6 from the subs.

This is the first game with Manchester City i have actually made him perform. He still havent settled in the area yet tho. But hopefully he will that when the season gets closer to an end.

So far my best signings are: Yury Zhirkov (LM), Darijo Srna (RM), Cristion Zapata (CD), Lassandra Diarra (DMC), Oscar Cardozo (ST).

I will come back with more information when i have finnished season 1.

just finish 2 season.Now i have problem with "HG" player.

to play in Champion League i need:

4 HG train at club.(in past 3 year & English ?)

8 HG train in any club in England.(in past 3 year?)

that means if i sell all this player,i will got problem !!

i have to register four 16 years old player for champion league!

this is all i planing to clean out:

Michael Ball,Michael Johnson,Stephen Ireland,Shaun Wright-Phillips,Elano,Kasper Schmeichel,Martin Petrov.

but if i sell them all i will got ploblem...what should i do ??

I see a lot of people on here signing Balotelli near the beginning of the game. How have you managed this? He always flat refuses to come to me.

In my first game I managed to get him in second season in the second game I manage to sign him only in the forth one. I guess it depends of something like your reputation, nationality maybe?

just finish 2 season.Now i have problem with "HG" player.

to play in Champion League i need:

4 HG train at club.(in past 3 year & English ?)

8 HG train in any club in England.(in past 3 year?)

that means if i sell all this player,i will got problem !!

i have to register four 16 years old player for champion league!

this is all i planing to clean out:

Michael Ball,Michael Johnson,Stephen Ireland,Shaun Wright-Phillips,Elano,Kasper Schmeichel,Martin Petrov.

but if i sell them all i will got ploblem...what should i do ??

keep 1 or 2 of the ones who goes under the HG and just get some of your juniors to fill rest of the spots. Thats what i did atleast and have reached the semifinal of the Euro Cup in season 1.

keep 1 or 2 of the ones who goes under the HG and just get some of your juniors to fill rest of the spots. Thats what i did atleast and have reached the semifinal of the Euro Cup in season 1.

i bought in Wilshere for 20.5 Million pound,he got HG status (train in England).

Just into December in my 1st season of management in the City of Manchester. The best results i have had so far are against Chelsea and rivals Manchester United

mancityvchelsea.jpg

mancityvmanutd.jpg

These are my transfers so far

mancitytransfers.jpg

I was liking the look af Michael Owen but he gets injured just about every 2 weeks and my other strikers are not finishing well. I also feel that i want to bring in a top quality right and left bakc in january and a striker and ideas welcome. and a good centrel midfeilder.

About half way first season. Have done quite decently, being third in the league with expectations to qualify to Europe. I got Knocked out in group stage of Ueafa cup and in the Quarter finals of League Cup. I just qualified to sixth round of FA cup.

My transfer history:

________transfers.jpg

And player Stats:

__Stats.jpg

I am most suprised by Jo, he has been lethal! :O

Tactic is good old 4-4-2 Diamond. Jo/Pognebryak as Targets, Diego as playmaker.

OK, I'm trying to play 09 as best the dodgy match engine allows and I've got a Man City game going on the laptop to see what it's like having cash. I'm 5th in mid-Jan of the first season, but I'm drawing too many games. Could do better.

There are the usual problems with strikers failing to score, crosses and set pieces being hopeless, and players standing idly by watching the ball go past them. But I've gone with a winger based 4-4-2. One MC bombing on; one more DMC. The latest idea to get the strikers scoring is to have the nippy one on high attacking but rare forward runs, and the other lower attacking but max forward runs and holding up the ball. Seeming to have better results so far.

Anyway, here are the transfer dealings so far:

Osvaldo Sanchez - GK - £4.5m. Very happy with him.

Belletti - DR - £3.6m

Aleksander Kolarov - DL - £1.5m. Great stats; plays as back up ML as well.

Carlos Salcido - DLC - £9m

Ismael Bangoura - AMR/FC - £2.7m - Back up for SWP. Brought in on loan but did well so I activated the purchase clause.

Marek Hamsik - £24m - got injured for 4 months and I badly missed him.

Joao Moutinho - £16.25m - just arrived

Niko Kranjcar - £5.25m. To give more options off the bench.

Yuri Zhirkov - £17m

Michael Owen - £9.5m. Has been rubbish. Can't score for toffee.

Oscar Cardozo - £7.5m. Beginning to come good.

Sold Elano (£11m), Vassell (£1.4m), Hamann (£100k), Ball (£1.6m) and Benjani (£2.7m). I'm fending off bids for Petrov and Richards, both of whom are doing well.

Ireland has been dire, when he certainly shouldn't be. Averaging 5.7 or something. I've tried everything I can think of to get him going but he's on borrowed time.

All suggestions welcome.

Hey guys.

Started as manchester city as my first game on 09, just fancied splashing a bit of cash as I get used to the game. I'm currently in my 2nd season as city, playing in the champions league, after pipping liverpool to fourth in my first season. With a big budget in the first season (I said I'd quaify for europe) I bought in these players, and sold some dead wood.

insandoutsci5.th.jpg

I also won the euro cup first season, with a pretty easy run all the way through to the final, playing stutgart, villa, everton and finally valencia in the final where I was lucky to beat them, 2-1.

finalxh5.th.jpg

So onto the 2nd season I went, where I got a bit overexcited with my £150 million transfer budget for a "challenge for the title" ambition, and tried to sign anything with a heartbeat. Here's my ins and outs for season 2.

inaandouts2hg9.th.jpg

So yeah, it's squad rotation for me this season. Going to try to get rid of Huntelaar or Jo in January, probably Jo. Heskey will either go on loan or be sold. I'm now in mid october, 7 games gone, 5 wins 2 losses(both to chelsea and arsenal away from home) but I did stuff liverpool 5-2 at home and I have joe hart to thank for a euro super cup win over arsenal.

eurosupercuprj9.th.png

For anyone wondering about tactics, I dabbled a lot in the first season, playing around almost every game with a christmas tree formation (tis the season afterall). I've now settled into a diamond that looks something along the lines of..(here's a chance for you to see what I think is my strongest 11 too.

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tacsdb4.png

Huntelaar set to hold up ball, aguero free role.

So onwards I go, but not before asking you lot a few questions. Are arsenal incredible on your game too? They won everything in the first season in my game. Not doing so well now, but c'mon, and arsenal quadruple? Never in a millions years.

I also welcome any opinions on who to sign, get rid of, and who to play. Just throw them at me, thanks guys, I'll update in the near future.

I also welcome any opinions on who to sign, get rid of, and who to play. Just throw them at me, thanks guys, I'll update in the near future.

as GK i highly recomend Sebastien Frey.

RB is Darijo Srna my first choice to sign, if you use RM then he is superb aswell.

DC Federico Fazio highly recomended.

DM i reccomend Miguel Veloso and L. Diarra. Diarra can also play MC.

ML/AML i reccomend Yury Zhirkov, he is my best player now along with Darijo Srna when topping the table in season 2.

Fast paced Striker i reccomend Guiseppe Rossi he have scored 9 goals 6 assists 3 MOM and average rating of 7.43 in 14 matches for me so far.

Target Striker i can reccomend Oscar Cardozo he have 12 goals 2 MOM and average rating of 7.13 in 16 matches so far in season 2.

Very often you can get Bojan Krkic Perez on free transfer in season 2. He have the potential to be the best fast paced striker in the world in most saved games.

I'm not a Manchester City fan but when I noticed you could only have £200 million in your account considering the billions and billions your owners have I was a little disappointed. But it seems that they give you a £100 m cash injection season after season. However I've noticed on the editor the Sugar Daddy box isn't ticked

I'm not a Manchester City fan but when I noticed you could only have £200 million in your account considering the billions and billions your owners have I was a little disappointed. But it seems that they give you a £100 m cash injection season after season. However I've noticed on the editor the Sugar Daddy box isn't ticked

I'm in November of my second season and have't got a cash injection at all.

Fazio PA is only * although his stats look good

will it have any impact on him being great for me?

Srna i want too

but he went to tottenham as on many games

and i do get cash injections

2nd season with budget adjustments i got 111m to spend

spend abt 70m and got into debt?

onli 40% of my sales go to my transfer kitty

then chairman keep injecting lol

3 times so far

60m, 15m, then now 4.2m

Fazio PA is only 155 although his stats look good

will it have any impact on him being great for me?

Srna i want too

but he went to tottenham as on many games

and i do get cash injections

2nd season with budget adjustments i got 111m to spend

spend abt 70m and got into debt?

onli 40% of my sales go to my transfer kitty

then chairman keep injecting lol

3 times so far

60m, 15m, then now 4.2m

Fazio is great whatever PA he has. And you are one lucky guy. The arabs are rich as heaven.

i got marcelo at start of this season, he is awsome, i just need a good right back now and a new striker. then i might win the league.. january coming up of 2012 :D I have a very small squad still.. Everyone seems to be loving playing for the club though :D

Anyone had Ben Arfa, is he any good ? 22m i think i could get him for.

i got marcelo at start of this season, he is awsome, i just need a good right back now and a new striker. then i might win the league.. january coming up of 2012 :D I have a very small squad still.. Everyone seems to be loving playing for the club though :D

Anyone had Ben Arfa, is he any good ? 22m i think i could get him for.

I have him, just brought him in 2nd season for £20m. Sharp enough as a replacement for robinho at AMC or Vargas at LM. Doing well, worth a punt in my opinion.

I've just started a game with Man City, both out of curiosity, and because the "wheels fell off" at Liverpool *sigh*

Anyway, I felt the team desperately needed full-backs; the LB's at the club are no good imo and there was no natural RB.

I've just bought Emiliano Insua (LB) and Julien Faubert (RB) for £10M each (I tried to wangle the price down a bit, but obviously it's well known that I'm loaded).

I'm having trouble signing a GK, despite being able to afford virtually anyone; none of the good ones want to join my gravy train. Any recommendations?

I sacked most of the average staff.

I've also signed a load of top-class scouts, and swiped plenty of good coaches from all over the place. This is a strangely liberating feeling; being minted. :thup:

Archived