Srna- $28 million

Zhirkov- $20 million

Pandev- $25 million

Hamsik- $28 million or so

Christian Zapata- $20 million

Georgi Kinkladze :) - free

Eduardo Salvio- not much

Ziculini (or something like this)- not much

Adler- $38 million (this happened in the summer after first season)

Obertan- $19 million (arriving in July)

Feghouli- $5.5 million (also arriving in July)

Paolo de Ceglie- $6 million (arriving in July)

Out:

various youth players

Ben Haim- loan with intention to buy but he just rejected contract! I guess he'll sit in the reserves

Vassell- $2.2 to West Ham

Michael Ball- $6 to Sunderland

Kelvin Etuhu- somehow $6 to Hull

I finished second in my first season despite nobody really performing too well, nor with anyone finishing above 15 league goals. I think Pandev was my leading scorer with 18 or so. Looking to buy one of Aguero, Pato, or Balotelli over off-season unless anyone else can recommend a pure finisher?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just started as Man City and just going through the transfer window. Not to sure about my team as I have played one league game so far away to Sunderland and lost 3-0.

I' got rid of Elano, Petrov and Garrido and brought in:

Taiwo - Marseille

Mattock - Leicester

Zhirkov - Russian Team

Lassana Diarra - Pompey

Steven Taylor - Newcastle

Sakho - PSG

Derbyshire - Blackburn

Aquino - Murcia

And a Russian striker whose name I won't even try to spell! Begins with a P I think.

Nednum Onuoha and Richard Dunne have picked up injuries and will both be out for 2-3 months so I've brought in Lewandowski on loan from Shaktar. I want to off load Ball and Vassell.

Just a little post here

In to my 2nd seaon in charge at Eastlands now and in to mid November

With only 3 main strikers in the 1st team at the club and playing one up top i have come to find that Robinho with 11 goals in 9 games and Cardozo with exactly the same are a real handful as a lone striker

Which leaves me with a bargin of 3.4 mil of Adriano week in week out on the bench with only 1 goal to his name coming in the carling cup and very unhappy

Should i look to off load Adriano and just use a youth stiker if needed which i have brought in a few and also have Evans and Strurridge

I've just started as Man City and just going through the transfer window. Not to sure about my team as I have played one league game so far away to Sunderland and lost 3-0.

Taiwo - Marseille

Mattock - Leicester

Zhirkov - Russian Team

Lassana Diarra - Pompey

Sakho - PSG

Derbyshire - Blackburn

Aquino - Murcia

And a Russian striker whose name I won't even try to spell! Begins with a P I think.

Nednum Onuoha and Richard Dunne have picked up injuries and will both be out for 2-3 months so I've brought in Lewandowski on loan from Shaktar. I want to off load Ball and Vassell.

I think it is Pogrebnyak you are talking about. Strong and good header stats.

Also keep an eye on a guy called Ivica Olic, Very fast striker. Only about 5 mil.

A very strong one is Hugo Almeida, 20 Str, also long shooting 18 and Pace 16.

Taiwo - Marseille

Mattock - Leicester

Zhirkov - Russian Team

Lassana Diarra - Pompey

Sakho - PSG

Derbyshire - Blackburn

Aquino - Murcia

Just a little post here

In to my 2nd seaon in charge at Eastlands now and in to mid November

With only 3 main strikers in the 1st team at the club and playing one up top i have come to find that Robinho with 11 goals in 9 games and Cardozo with exactly the same are a real handful as a lone striker

Which leaves me with a bargin of 3.4 mil of Adriano week in week out on the bench with only 1 goal to his name coming in the carling cup and very unhappy

Should i look to off load Adriano and just use a youth stiker if needed which i have brought in a few and also have Evans and Strurridge

Adriano was quite good in my previous scoring +15 goals, and he was not playing all the time cause I had 11 strikers at one moment. I bought him for cheap, around 5 mil, and sold it for 10+ when I decided I have to many strikers next season. He is good, but after I got Villa and Eto in season 4 it was no more place for him, plus he was whining all the time that hee ned to play regulary. But for the time he played he was helpful.

-=Did anyone tried Nihat as a striker?=-

I started a new game and I wonder if he performs for City? He has an activation transfer 20mil, in season 2 no big names like Villa, Ibra, or Eto want to come.

My finest moment so far....

joysi7.jpg

w1280.png

Robinho scored in the 6th minute and I thought we'd be hanging on but to be honest we were far and away the better side and were unlucky not to add to our lead.

We're currently 5th in the League but there's only a couple of points separating the top 6 teams.

The fans were delighted with this one, and being a Liverpool fan made it all the sweeter for me :thup::cool:

Looking at them in real life then id say nope there not. Im 5 games in and im 4th got a 4-1 victory over west brom a 2-0 victory over Everton ive been hit with 2 injuries now though Diarra out for a month and Ireland out for a month which leaves me a little short in the middle of the park

Made some more signings, here's my team going into second season

GK: Adler, Hart, Schmeichel

DR: Srna, Zabaleta, Onuoha

DC: Zapata, Kompany

DC: Richards, Goian

DL: Zhirkov, de Ceglie

MR: SWP, Ribery, Bojinov

MC: Hamsik, Fernandes, Elano

MC: Feghouli, Johnson, Zuculini

ML: Guardado, Petrov, Obertan

FC: Pandev, Jo, Altidore (pending wp)

FC: Robinho (unhappy..), Balotelli

I really think I should win the EPL with this team, but I'm not good enough with the tactics to do so unfortunately :( I always end up getting crushed by the likes of Tottenham, Newcastle, Pompey etc.

I don't know why, but I enjoyed this one more than the Man Utd result.

I thought I would feel odd beating the team I love, but it felt great.....

morejoynn4.jpg

w1280.png

Outstanding performance from the lads here again.

Last 3 league game:

Home to Chelsea - Draw 1-1

Away to Man Utd - Win 1-0

Home to Liverpool - Win 3-1

:cool:

Well I decided to start a game very enticed by the amount of money to spend! I was given £55 million and immediately looked for a new LB, LM and CM.

I had a £12 million offer for Chiellini accepted but he wouldn't come so I settled on Taye Taiwo instead. I brougt in Miguel Veloso for £10 million from Sporting and I need a LW. I have a bid for Farfan on the table however could anyone recommend someone better?

Also are there any other areas of the team you suggest I look at?

andres guardado, should be availbale for 14.5 mill

That's a pretty good price. I thinking about selling Petrov because he is inconsistent. But atm so far i can't sell him as no one is bidding.

But i hope to get someone like Guardado in the team. I brought Tosic as a backup though. Tosic is a fine player as well. Cost me 9mil though.

Also, lots of crosses coming on from Petrov and SWP, but my strikers don't seem to connect. As a gut feeling, I'd say most of my goal scoring opportunities come from good through balls through the centre (Tymoschuk, Elano, either Milevskiy or Robinho). Any tips on getting more efficiency out of the crosses?

TeeWee i have the same issue. I think its not entirely your tactics fault. If you play down flanks as you should against weaker teams or at home. The AI tends to play a narrow formation with wingers tracking back and FBs closing down wingers.

I have a strong feeling for players like SWP, Walcott - ie small wingers. the auto AI Opponent Instructions are to Close Down Always and Show onto Right Foot (if AMR) and Left Foot (if AML).

Hence SWP rarely gets the chance to:

• one cut inside (where he is most dangerous) and,

• two all his crosses are always usually pressured

This is also exacerbated by the fact that Man City have no strikers or midfielders that are like strong in the air like say a John Carew or Tim Cahill.

One thing to increase efficiency of crosses i've found is if you increase Tempo and Width. That way you get it out to the wingers faster and gives them a better chance of an effective cross.

Otherwise, try training your wingers for tricks and cutting inside preferred moves.

If someone can help me with this i'd be very appreciative:

One thing i have not found possible tactically is.. Is there a way to make striker run to near post for crosses when crosses are aimed at near post? Generally this I feel can bring a Vela or Robinho into play (their my strikers).

I have had a somewhat mixed start to the season, AC Milan tried unsettling Elano but I wouldn't let him leave. 3 Transfers in and 2 out this transfer window.

In:

- Taye Taiwo, Marseille, £5.6 million

- Miguel Veloso, Sporting CP, £10 million

- Andrés Guardado, Deportivo, £18 million

Out:

- Nedum Onouha (sp), West Brom, £3 million

- Didi Hamann, Sunderland, £540 thousand

First game of the season away to Liverpool, after leading for most of the game I threw it away and they came back to win 2-1. Next I had Portsmouth away, I controlled the game yet somehow managed to lose 3-1. Middlesbrough next and a win was very important. Thankfully, Robinho and Elano both scored and I grabbed a 2-0 win.

I'm through to the first round of the UEFA Cup too.

Started with City, chose continental qualification through league position and adjust my transfer budgets to £104m

I brought in

Gareth Bale - £21m

Jermain Defoe - £10m (biggest waste of money ever spent)

Glen Johnson - £15m (brilliant signing)

Carlos Vela - £20m

Joe Lewis - £1m

Marek Hamsik - £27m

Javi Martinez - £13m

I sold

Michael Ball - £1.6m

Kelvin Etuhu - £2.6

Got off to a good start with august looking like this

H - Fulham - W 3-0 - Robinho 2, Petrov

A - Wigan - W 1-0 - Martinez

A - Everton - D 0-0

September

H - Huddersfield (LC) W 4-1 - Bale, Vela, Wright-Phillips, Martinez

H - Bolton - W 1-0 - Sturridge

A - Arsenal - L 1-2 - Defoe

H - Hull (LC) - W 2-1 - Caicedo, Benjani

H - Aston Villa - D 1-1 - Sturridge

October

A - Newcastle - L 0-1

Currently 6th behind the big 4 and newcastle into the group stages of the UEFA cup and drew away to QPR in the league cup

I'm in desperate need of a striker to help my push for champions league football & as this is the first time ive played the 9.2.0 patch and i normally sign huntelaar who is prolific for me but on this patch he is joining madrid already so cant sign him now and like a wally i totally forgot about Balotelli who i'm hoping will come in january.

My strongest team is

Hart

Johnson Richards Kompany Bale

SWP Hamsik Elano Petrov

Sturridge Robinho

But been hit with few injuries and that team has only played together once, i've read about people trying out Ched Evans and saying he is good so i'll try him out but really need a new striker in january whether it'll be Mutu or Balotelli or both depending on funds i don't know but i'm open for more suggestions as i wanna offload Defoe ASAP.

Can anybody help me out?

Not just strikers, midfield has been rocky recently with Elano getting injured, my defence and goalkeeper are pretty solid at the moment

I have reached January and sitting top of the premiership by 9 points with a game extra than 2nd placed Chelsea (i think). I usually win games by large margins or loose by 1 goal. I have lost 1-0 twice (Man U and Bolton) and I rarely draw. I am not sure what that means but I am not worried yet :) My team is (I am at work so not sure on spelling):

Akifeeven/Hart

Ferrari/Zabaleta Richards/Onuoha Dunne/Tal-Haim Enrique/Garrido

Palombo/Kompany

Elano/Hamsik Moutinouto/Johnson

Arshavin/Philips Robinho/Petrov

Santa Cruz/Jo

All other players are sold/selling/reserved

Paulo Ferrari (or Ferreri) from Argentina is great has score quite a few from RB. Santa Cruz cost £20m and keeps getting injured for short periods but has a good record when he plays but Jo has been a revelation. If you can get him on superb morale then he becomes a goal machine.

I still need a DL but it’s so hard to get good players for City. The team has no rep so the really good players don’t come.

Johnfitz86

A quick glace at your strongest team and I would say that the midfield and attack is light and lazy. Try moving Kompany into midfield and make him a DMC and replace him with Dunne as DC(if you still have him) and he makes a great captain.

Try employing a Target Striker, it will give strength up front and a chance to hold on to the ball. Evan/Benjani/Caicedo are choices but not great, there are better TS in the game and use Robinho as a Fast Striker. I tried using as him as a AMC/FC but I couldn't get it to work.

Defoe is great at breaking the offside trap but that only useful if you are winning or playing counter attack.

thanx for the advice PeeKay i am thinking of a change of formation anyway so will try Kompany as DMC and Dunne at the back and i'm gonna use Evans as target striker as i've heard many people say he is quality.

My team looks like this now after formation change

HART

JOHNSON RICHARDS DUNNE BALE

KOMPANY

HAMSIK JOHNSON

SWP PETROV

EVANS

Will let you know how it turns out

I'm unbeaten since the second game of the season, this management lark is easy. Robinho and Jo are both injured at the moment however so I have nothing going forward, it showed in my last game where I drew 0-0 away at Villa. A good result I suppose but I had chances to win the game.

I'm 6th and would gladly take that at the end of the season.

Hello there, I have just become the new man city manager after starting my game at Celtic and winning all the domestic trophies for the first three seasons. So its the beginning of Season 2011-12 and the squad I have inherited and with 92m in the bank is:

Hart

Enyeama

Schmeichel

Carrizo (signed him for 5.5m to be my number 1)

Taiwo (signed him for 8.75m)

Garrido

Ball (sold to wolves when I arrived for 1m)

Richards

Huth

Dunne

Jagielka

Woodgate

Anyukov

Husyev

SWP (already agreed to be sold to sundaerland for 2.8m)

Behrami

Joao Moutinho

Baptista

Danny

Palombo

Kompany (sold to Galatasary for 4m)

Zhirkov

Downing

Gignac

Pogrebnyak (signed from my celtic team for 15m)

Robinho

Mario Gomez

Jo (sold to karlsruhe for 2.8m)

Pretty happy with my squad tbh. My first XI is pretty excellent.

Carrizo

Anyukov Richards Huth Taiwo

Husyev Moutinho Palombo Zhirkov

Gignac Robinho

Any thoughts or comments or good young players at Man City I should look out for?

Hello there, I have just become the new man city manager after starting my game at Celtic and winning all the domestic trophies for the first three seasons. So its the beginning of Season 2011-12 and the squad I have inherited and with 92m in the bank is:

Hart

Enyeama

Schmeichel

Carrizo (signed him for 5.5m to be my number 1)

Taiwo (signed him for 8.75m)

Garrido

Ball (sold to wolves when I arrived for 1m)

Richards

Huth

Dunne

Jagielka

Woodgate

Anyukov

Husyev

SWP (already agreed to be sold to sundaerland for 2.8m)

Behrami

Joao Moutinho

Baptista

Danny

Palombo

Kompany (sold to Galatasary for 4m)

Zhirkov

Downing

Gignac

Pogrebnyak (signed from my celtic team for 15m)

Robinho

Mario Gomez

Jo (sold to karlsruhe for 2.8m)

Pretty happy with my squad tbh. My first XI is pretty excellent.

Carrizo

Anyukov Richards Huth Taiwo

Husyev Moutinho Palombo Zhirkov

Gignac Robinho

Any thoughts or comments or good young players at Man City I should look out for?

yeah check out sakho,joe mattock,zapata,dos santos

ok so i have never posted on this thread and have never thought of being man city but hey money talks and when your really a toon army fan you aint getting no money and its making you hate the game a change is a good thing... Although i dont need help with buying players i dont have a clue about what they already have IRL man city have 1 of the best youth policies in football and was wondering if that was reflected in the game, so if you know of any youngsters that are worth keeping and can be nurtured into stars this would help me along no end cheers lads .......

Withdrewandi2

In my game i didn't start off with any decent Under 18's. The Reserves did have some good young players like Sturridge and Evan's. The First team also has Hart, Caicedo, Johnson and Ireland, they are good young players. I my opinion I would not build a team around any of these players. Man City money and ambition means that there are better young players available (Hamsik as an example) but they can be used as backup. Johnson and Ireland can be used in team rotation with good effect.

Others may disagree but I hope this helped

Did you know that you can buy S.Aguero at start of game for around about 35mill... when offering a contract he doesnt say hes interested.. but just offer him about 120,000 a week and he'll accept

yeap..thats very true..hehe..and he is a beast!

Everybody seems to be asking the same questions about who to sell and who to keep. IMHO look at a player and think, would I buy him now for my team, if the amswer is no then sell him otherwise keep hold, it's not like the wage budget is a problem at city!!

I'm in my third season with man city, won the euro cup in the first and the premiership in the second along with the league cup.

my transfer policy with any team has always been to improve piece by piece, don't try and buy a whole new team in season one cos it won't work. look at the weak spots and focus on that. and don't get hung up on tranfer fees, it's not real money for gods sake, if you want somebody and they're gonna gost £50m then buy them. why would you want to settle for second best!?! I paid £30m for demicheiles cos i wanted a world class CB so what if you can get so and so for less, at the time the best man for the job was gonna cost £30m so i paid it. and the season after i paid £45m for vargas to play at LB and just signed agueiro for £52m or something. why not!?!

but at the same time i have signed a load of youngsters who are gonna be brilliant in a few years time, and each of them only cost me a couple of million each.

people keep asking about evans or kompany and who to keep, get a bunch of world class scouts in to the team and find the top class regens, and failing that buy the real life players who are gonna be better than the current crop of youngsters at city. once you've sorted out the coaches they'll be no problem turning them into world beaters!!!

I've just started Man City,

Bought

Aguera(not sure on spelling)£40m - £135'000 a week

Alex(Brazillian AL)£10m

Velosa£10m

Given £22m

Emerson £950k

Warnock - £6m

Released Ben Haim, Hamman & Ball

Up for sale - Elano, Benjani, Caicedo

Won my First Game against EB/Steymor 17-1 over 2 legs

Archived