FM09: Official Manchester City Football Club Thread

coolbananas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just bumping my question from above ... would love to know how you guys get Srna to Man City ... every game i start he goes to tottenham ... thanks again

I'm not quite sure, I think its more of a getting lucky kind of thing. I got him originally in the demo, but tottenham got him this time around. Try giving him an absurd wage.

I think maybe I will want to restart from season one, this after I read what kind of transfers you guys got. But I still want to finish season 2. Pogrebnyak and that Fabio Q. saved my a$$ with 19 goals each, and Robinho have now 8 or 9 goals.

Now Robinho started missing training sessions :(

hi to all .. i started with man city and i have finished 5th on first season on the last match after lossing to newcastle unless i loss i would go to champions league ... i have won the uefa cup wih valencia in the final with outstanding match .. i won 4-0... first cup for me on 2009

without cheating or reloading any match.. league table:

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetablejt3.png

the uefa up final score here is:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9697/eurofinaltz8.png

and i have win over man ud home and away in the league:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3145/manunitedawaywinrk3.png

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1327/manutdhomewinwo2.png

and my transfers is:

in:

1-yury zhirkov 15.5 million euro

2-arshavin 16 m

3-guilherme from almeria 5.5m

4-miguel veloso 14.75 m

5-diego milito 18 m

6-huntelaar 18.75

7-van der vaart 12m

8-carlos kameni gk from espanyol 11.75m

out:

1- ball 975k

2-jarrido 2m

3-caicedo 3m

4-evans cheds 3.7 m

5-benjani 3m

6-hamann 100k

7-danny mills 65k

this is my transfers:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9381/transfersmr1.png

i play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1

gk:joe hart/carlos kameni/casper shemichel

cb:micah ricards/kompany

cd:dunne/onouha/gluaber [in reserve only]

rb:zabaleta

lb:yury zhirkov/guilherme

mc:miguel veloso/daniel fernandes/johnson

mc:van der vaart/ireland/elano

rm:arshavin/wright phillips

lm:petrov/van der vaart/bojinov

fc:robinho/vasell/jo

fc:milio/huntelaar/sturridge

what about my team ..what positions hat need to be strenghten

I just finished season 2 on top, plus cups.. Now Aguero has agree to come to play to "such prestigious club".

But I have second thoughts. I am thinking about Eto or Villa. Did anyone sign Eto? Do you think is worth more than Aguero, +50 mil? That or Villa?

OK, I managed to get Villa too, after tons of negotiations, then played him in a friendly, and he seems wicked fast. I hope I made the right decision, cause I have no more money for other transfer.

Also Chelsea wanted M. Richards for 30mil plus Obi Mickel but I refused them I have just few good defenders, but In the middle I have Arshavin, Elano, Veloso, Hernanes, Wright_Phillips, Johnson, to many actually, I just sold Ireland to make money for Villa's transfer.

Pogrebnyak

Aguero -- Villa

Arshavin Veloso Hernanes Wright-Phillips

Ball--Kompany--Micah--Onuoha

Hart

It seems my defense is the weakest point.

Does anybody know how much you have to win before you start attracting the "big" players Messi Ronaldo etc

Also does anybody know a good lb as I'm in my 3rd season and armand is getting on a bit and if you know of a good young rb that doesn't mind sitting in on the bench and play in cup games . Wenger way ;)

Ok, I started a patched game a while ago, I'm now in February. 4th in the League, through to the knockouts in the UEFA cup and still in the FA Cup. Spent 66M over both transfer windows and I think I've bought quite well. What do you think?

In:

Belletti (3.7M)

Wijnaldum (3.9M) (out on loan)

Vela (12.25M)

Altidore (5.25M)

Huntelaar (14.25M)

Boudebouz (4.1M) (out on loan)

Ekdal (2.6M) (out on loan)

Sergio Mota (4M) (out on loan)

Opare (200K) (out on loan)

Kenia (1.6M) (out on loan

Douglas Costa (2.3M)

Zuculini (1.9M)

Salcido (8.75M)

van der Vaart (1.4M initial fee, 11.25M option)

Out:

Loads and Loads of youth and reserve just released.

Vassell (825K)

Obeng (325K)

Moore (325K)

Danny Mills (released)

Onuoha (4.4M)

So my 1st team is this:

Hart

Belletti Dunne Richards Salcido

Fernandes/Kompany

Petrov Elano/van der Vaart Wright-Philips

Huntelaar/Robinho/Vela/Jo <-- two of them.

Who should I buy to make the next step up? I was beaten by Man U 3-0. But I'm unbeaten against the other top four. Mainly draws though.

Ok, I started a patched game a while ago, I'm now in February. 4th in the League, through to the knockouts in the UEFA cup and still in the FA Cup. Spent 66M over both transfer windows and I think I've bought quite well. What do you think?

In:

Belletti (3.7M)

Wijnaldum (3.9M) (out on loan)

Vela (12.25M)

Altidore (5.25M)

Huntelaar (14.25M)

Boudebouz (4.1M) (out on loan)

Ekdal (2.6M) (out on loan)

Sergio Mota (4M) (out on loan)

Opare (200K) (out on loan)

Kenia (1.6M) (out on loan

Douglas Costa (2.3M)

Zuculini (1.9M)

Salcido (8.75M)

van der Vaart (1.4M initial fee, 11.25M option)

Out:

Loads and Loads of youth and reserve just released.

Vassell (825K)

Obeng (325K)

Moore (325K)

Danny Mills (released)

Onuoha (4.4M)

So my 1st team is this:

Hart

Belletti Dunne Richards Salcido

Fernandes/Kompany

Petrov Elano/van der Vaart Wright-Philips

Huntelaar/Robinho/Vela/Jo <-- two of them.

Who should I buy to make the next step up? I was beaten by Man U 3-0. But I'm unbeaten against the other top four. Mainly draws though.

Maybe you could buy a new keeper , I bought Akinfeev for 20 Mill and maybe a Rb and a Lb and maybe a young Dc Fazio maybe ? I got him for about £16 Mill with his release clause.

what you think of my team?

4-1-3-2

asenjo, richards, dunne, kompany, marcelo, veloso, SWP, elano, capel, aguero, robinho..

subs: hart, sakho, zabaleta, johnson, fernandes, ireland, jo, ronaldo..

currently 3rd in league, qualified with ease for the 1st knockout stage of uefa cup,

looking to pick up either toulalan, diarra or inler in january?? anyone got any recommendations out of them 3? or anyone else of same position M C??

Sturridge.. i would anyway.

Anyone else struggling with Robinho not settling in the area?

He's been unhappy since season 1 with me and i'm now in Jan in season 3. He seems to be playing well still and is banging in the goals. He won't sign a new contract which is worrying me as it only has a year and a half to run and I don't want to lose him on a free. I have signed Emerson and Roberto Carlos as coaches to try and help him but no luck. Any ideas on how to keep him happy ?

I've just started the game with man city and im going to be using a 4-1-3-2. I've got veloso as the DM, moutinho and palombo as 2 of the CMs and i'm just about to sign Lucho Gonzalez from porto for 24mill. Has anyone ever bought him? Is he worth it, because even with city he is gonna wipe out the rest of my transfer kitty. Or can anyone recommend a better way of spending 24mill on a goal scoring midfielder.

Thanks

I've just started the game with man city and im going to be using a 4-1-3-2. I've got veloso as the DM, moutinho and palombo as 2 of the CMs and i'm just about to sign Lucho Gonzalez from porto for 24mill. Has anyone ever bought him? Is he worth it, because even with city he is gonna wipe out the rest of my transfer kitty. Or can anyone recommend a better way of spending 24mill on a goal scoring midfielder.

Thanks

Um, try getting cardozo or a striker. Robinho wasn't exactly the most reliable striker...

just going to start a game with manchester city and was wondering if anyone had any tips on tactics or signings

i want to buy mainly young players that are going to improve and btw im on the 9.0.1 patch, thanks

Srna and Diarra were perfect for me. I liked a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-1-2-2 (Wingers)-1 with Robinho on the left with SWP on the right... Petrov will become a solid back up. I like Srna and he is solid becuase he can play both Left and Right Back for and can cross a ball like no other Make sure to offer him a contract that he "demands", then wait a day and raise the offer, thats how i signed him before Spurs could. Have him on the left and Zabaletta on the right with Dunne and Richards (diarra in the holding) and your set. Other than that, just buy the youngsters for the future, Vela for 9 helps. Too many signings takes too long to get comfortable within the club. Also try buying an AMC who can score(van der Vaart in January worked really well for me)

He's been unhappy since season 1 with me and i'm now in Jan in season 3. He seems to be playing well still and is banging in the goals. He won't sign a new contract which is worrying me as it only has a year and a half to run and I don't want to lose him on a free. I have signed Emerson and Roberto Carlos as coaches to try and help him but no luck. Any ideas on how to keep him happy ?

tell him not to turn up for training "rest" him

dont play him any games for a while, thats what i had him settled in 2 months loved playing for me and the club

Robinho is turning into a right headache for me. He was unhappy for half a season so I tried to just show him the door in January (2010) by setting an asking price and whatnot, and letting him realise his foolish ambitions to leave. Then the next day I get a news item saying that Dunne is unhappy about the way I've been treating Robinho, and several other players are unhappy about it. Furthermore, Robinho himself had a manager interaction thing saying that he "thinks the manager doesn't appreciate his contributions". So rather than see my dressing room tear itself apart, I removed him from the transfer list. A few days later he returned to sending news items saying that he wants to move to a bigger club, and then absconded himself from training. I fined him a week's wages for this incident, and he said that he accepted the fine and would try to improve his behaviour in future?!?!?!

The boy is a wonder in front of goal, but my word if he can't make up his mind whether he's coming or going.

On top of this all, despite the myriad offers I've been receiving for Dunne, Zhirkov, Elano (until recently, when his form dropped off), etc etc, I've yet to receive even a single offer for Robinho - he's playing well enough to get an offer though. One player I did have to sell on was Acosta, who I signed in Jan '09 after he was transferlisted by his old club (one of the Italian ones). He got an offer from another club and just demanded out, so I thought I'd go one better - he was only ever a backup for SWP anyway - and sign Joe Cole (he's not shining yet but it's early days). Immediately thereafter I get dos Santos (a brilliant prospect for the future who is still atm only Elano's understudy) saying that he won't be relieved of his first team place, despite the fact that I didn't buy Cole to replace dos Santos...arggh! it seems I can't put a foot right atm. Oh well, if it spurs dos Santos on to perform better then I can't complain too much.

Starting to enjoy some really great matches against Chelsea, though. They really are fun to play at Stamford Bridge. My record against them now stands at something like:

1-3 (home) - Prem - could've won that game though

4-1 (away) - Prem - absolutely trounced them

3-0 (somewhere) - FA Cup - trounced them again

5-2 (away) - Prem - they were laughably weak

3-1 (away) - League Cup - they were better than usual but just couldn't hold me.

I'm no mastermind, but my tactic just rips apart their formation, especially when Chelsea are at home.

i am loving this game with Man City, Did a Complete clearance in my squad selling

Out:

Onuoha- £2.7mil (Wolves)

Garrido- £5.25mil (Blackburn)

Elano- £8.75mil (Spurs)

Petrov- £6mil (Spurs)

Schmeichel- £2.8mil (Brondby)

Ball- £2.8mil (Wolves)

Fernandes- £4.5mil (Middlesborough)

Ireland- £2.6mil (Bolton)

Etuhu- £1mil (Wolves)

TOTAL INCOME= £33.85MIL

In:

Darjo Srna- £14.5mil

Stewart Downing-£13mil

Sanchez-£3.2mil

Moutinho-£13.5

Arshavin-£15mil

Taiwo-£5mil

Veloso-£12mil

Beckham- FREE

Armand-£9.25

TOTAL OUT-GIONG= £85.45MIL

Its the 18th of july, first season and i won my first european game 11-1 breaking the record

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY TRANSFERS

White:

Seem to have some pretty decent outs for first season. I personallylike to keep onuoha and fernandes for a while as they're pretty good backup/develop into good players. As for ins, well, you've done what most of us have done - spent crazy, hehe. Seems to be pretty decent signings. I personally regretted getting arshavin myself as he becomes relatively sub-par in a two years. I have no idea how you got beckham for free, but i'm sure he's a pretty decent signing. Srna is a fantastic player, so gj on him. That's about it really. Maybe get a new keeper?

Does anybody know how much you have to win before you start attracting the "big" players Messi Ronaldo etc

Also does anybody know a good lb as I'm in my 3rd season and armand is getting on a bit and if you know of a good young rb that doesn't mind sitting in on the bench and play in cup games . Wenger way ;)

First season was hard and finished on 5th place. No big names would sign.

Second season I won championship plus all cups.

3rd season managed to sign Aguero and David Villa. Still, Henry, Eto, refused me, and it took a lot of effort and negotiations for Balotelli.

So, I think after you win some cup some of them will accept.

First season was hard and finished on 5th place. No big names would sign.

Second season I won championship plus all cups.

3rd season managed to sign Aguero and David Villa. Still, Henry, Eto, refused me, and it took a lot of effort and negotiations for Balotelli.

So, I think after you win some cup some of them will accept.

Well so far I have won The Premiership , UEFA Cup F.A Cup Carling Cup Super Cup And Charity Shield all in 2nd season :L well super cup and charity shield was beginning of 3rd season.

Henry rejected me this year. I managed to get Aguero to sign. Nearly finished season 3 now 1 point behind leaders Chelsea Semis of F.a Cup , Out of league cup (Played youngsters and lost 4-2 to Man Utd who scored in 86th and 90+1) and in quarters of Champions League vs Inter :S

Ohh and thanks white_92 he shall begin his rest now once i've played Inter :L

well i started a man city save today... after reading all your posts i thought maybe i should sell robinho but i have changed my mind.

7 league games into the season hes at 4 goals and 4 assist with a average rating of 7.40 with is good. sad thing is he is injured for 8 months after playing for brazil :( dunno how i can replace him, onlyother strkers i have are alexis sanchez, sturridge, ched evans, jo and benjani. Benjani looks terrible in 09, 10 for finishing! Jo always gets bad ratings in my 41221 formation with wingers. Ched evens looks decent but isnt good enough. Sturdge isnt read for first team football :/

Only good thing is that elano has been doing good in attacking midfield. 20 goals in all competitions :O and six assits with an average rating of 8.14 overall. hopefully he can continue to bang them in until january where ill get another striker :/.

Anyway im 4th behind arsenal chelsea and liverpool, 1st 2nd and 3rd respectivly.

ins:

Veloso

Guardado

Zhirkov

Kuzmanovic

Alexis sanchez

Guy assulan

Rafeal Carioca

Davide Santon

Outs:

none apart from loads of frees

Any suggestions on a striker? got around 20mil and could adjust wage budget if needed

Well, I'm not a big fan of playing in the first season, so I always holiday through it. Don't ask me why. I sometimes just feel bad because I already know exactly what to do before I even load up the game, plus since the game is created for Nov 14th, but the start date is July, it just feels like things are already set in, to some extent. Anyways, took over in July 2009. City had finished 9th, but made eight signings. (150M worth! Had only sold 11M.) So, I didn't have too tough a job in terms of signings when I joined. Failed to find anyone who I thought would be good enough to play at LB in my side, so I retrained Zhirkov to fill in there.

But, here's what I've been up to since joining:

First Team

Jack Rodwell is perhaps the weakest link. He's got decent potential though, and I'm playing him to help him advance. Veloso is coming for 5.5M (!) in January having seen him on the transfer list. Arshavin is going out for 16M, so not a bad trade off in my opinion. Letting him leave as I have two very bright Spanish AMC regens that come of age next season that I want to improve. Marquinhos is described as a "Wonderkid", so I prefer him to Sturridge or Santa Cruz right now.

Transfers In

I'm assuming no one's really interested in Transfers Out. Just know that I sold/released 25 players for 34.5M. This includes Gelson Fernandes for 8.25M and Elano for 8M. Elano left for similar reasons as Arshavin, and Gelson is just crap, even compared to Rodwell.

League Table

As you can see, the only side to have not lost a game yet. I play good, passing football with a low risk style. This is evidenced by our low GA showing. It was only recently that we started scoring a lot (eight from the last two!) but Palombo bangs in a good number from range, and Robinho is on 11 goals from 14 appearances and Marquinhos has 9 from 13.

Anyone got any other suggestions or anything of the sort?

EDIT: I just had to indicate that Palombo just scored a 40 yarder againt Wigan. Amazing strike.

Season 1 finished 4th with this team/formation.

-------------Santa Cruz--------Rossi-------------

Robinho-------------------------------------Elano

------------Diarra------------Johnson------------

Srna-------Richards--------Dunne---------Santon

------------------Leo Franco--------------------

Was clear at the top at XMAS but hit poor form.

Beaten by Arsenal (of all teams) in uefa cup final.

Rossi got me 30 goals in 48 games

Santa Cruz 18 in 31 games (injured)

I am now 12 games into season 2.

Playing Robinho as striker, 1 goal and 1 assist in 15 games??

Anyone else think he is pants?

Me thinks his heading of 7 is too low and is costing me a lot of goals.

Anyone any thoughts this?

ive just signed cardozo in jan transfer window (1st season), i then sold benjani and came out almost even so was pleased...

until i played cardozo, i play him upfront with aguero and hes terrible.. always gets ratings of less than 6 and normally is subbed for jo after around 60mins of uselessness!!

anyone got any tips on how to get him to score??

so far he has 1 goal from 5(2) apps.. and seems to miss around 4 or 5 good chances each game!!

in same window i sold ireland (£5.25m) and bought hamsik (£12m) which was a master stroke, hes been a sensation in the midfield alongside veloso..

although not my 1st choice (got turned down by moutinho (chelski) , toulalan (arsenal), 0palombo (juve) and diarra (liverpool) hes turned out to be amazing with 3 goals and 4 assists in 6games picking up 2 motm's along the way..

cheers

I started a proper game with City.

In October now

Ins

Nuno Gomes - Loan

Emerson - Loan

Ambrosini - 6.25m

Santa Cruz - 20m

Caceres - 12m

Naldo - 15m

Marcelo - 4.4m

Miguel Veloso - 10m

Enyeama - 250k

Rakitic - 12m

Giuseppe Rossi -11.75m

Gareth Bale (p/ex for Elano. Got 20m of Spurs :D)

Darren Bent (p/ex for Ireland. Got 10m of Spurs too :D)

Outs

Onuoha - 5m to Newcastle

Garrido - 5m to Blackburn

Elano - 20m to Spurs

Ireland - 10m to Spurs

I play 4-1-2-1

GK - Joe Hart

DR - Richards

DL - Marcelo/Bale

DC - Naldo

DC - Caceres

DMC - Veloso

ML - Robinho

MR - SWP

AMC - Rossi

ST - Roque Santa Cruz

ST - Bent/Jo/Nuno Gomes

Currently 12th in the league

Should have Lassana Diarra coming in january

Any ideas?

I've just finished my 2nd season with Man City and finished 2nd in the EPL behind Arsenal...was 1st until last 5 games when i started losing and drawing against low teams and Arsenal took advantage to win the title!

Arsenal also beat me 2-1 in the champions league final. I'm gutted! Can Arsenal be beaten on this game? I did scrape a win in the community shield against them but it was'nt very convincing.

My strongest line-up is:-

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Rafinha

DL - Marcelo

DC - Richard Dunne

DC - Micah Richards

ML - Zhirkov

MR - Wright-Phillips

MC - Angelo Palombo

MC - Lassana Diarra

FC - Oscar Cardoza

FC - Alexis Sanchez or Jo

Just bought:-

MC - Andrea Pirlo - £10m

AML - Diego Capel - £17m

AMR - Thiago Neves - £22m

Reserves/Back up:-

GK - Hart or Enyeama (also bought England U19 keeper Alex Smithies)

DR - Onuoha

DL - Joe Mattock

DC - Jack Rodwell

DC - Mark Beevers

MR - Elano

ML - Mathias Fernandez or Danny Rose

MC - Michael Johnson or Jack Wilshere

MC - Bernando or Fabian Delph

FC - Henri Saivet or Nathan Delfouneso

FC - Daniel Sturridge or Danny Welbeck

Robinho got unhappy towards end of first season and wanted to move to a bigger club and started going AWOL so sold to Aston Villa for £20m as everyone else wanted him on loan to buy. Oscar Cardoza much better anyway.

Thanks

Lucho is a god an is better than moutinho but you don't need another MC in your squad after signing Moutinho and Palombo, get Vucinic or Pandev instead.

I've just finished my 2nd season with Man City and finished 2nd in the EPL behind Arsenal...was 1st until last 5 games when i started losing and drawing against low teams and Arsenal took advantage to win the title!

Arsenal also beat me 2-1 in the champions league final. I'm gutted! Can Arsenal be beaten on this game? I did scrape a win in the community shield against them but it was'nt very convincing.

My strongest line-up is:-

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Rafinha

DL - Marcelo

DC - Richard Dunne

DC - Micah Richards

ML - Zhirkov

MR - Wright-Phillips

MC - Angelo Palombo

MC - Lassana Diarra

FC - Oscar Cardoza

FC - Alexis Sanchez or Jo

Just bought:-

MC - Andrea Pirlo - £10m

AML - Diego Capel - £17m

AMR - Thiago Neves - £22m

Reserves/Back up:-

GK - Hart or Enyeama (also bought England U19 keeper Alex Smithies)

DR - Onuoha

DL - Joe Mattock

DC - Jack Rodwell

DC - Mark Beevers

MR - Elano

ML - Mathias Fernandez or Danny Rose

MC - Michael Johnson or Jack Wilshere

MC - Bernando or Fabian Delph

FC - Henri Saivet or Nathan Delfouneso

FC - Daniel Sturridge or Danny Welbeck

Robinho got unhappy towards end of first season and wanted to move to a bigger club and started going AWOL so sold to Aston Villa for £20m as everyone else wanted him on loan to buy. Oscar Cardoza much better anyway.

I bought Pirlo for £27 mil at start of first season and he has been my main player with 10 goals, 14 assists and 8 mom with and average rating of 7.65!

Just starting my second season and would like a left back, right back and a keeper as Ben Foster isnt playing well. Any suggestions?

I bought Pirlo for £27 mil at start of first season and he has been my main player with 10 goals, 14 assists and 8 mom with and average rating of 7.65!

Just starting my second season and would like a left back, right back and a keeper as Ben Foster isnt playing well. Any suggestions?

I've got a selection headache now as I don't know whether to play Pirlo in midfield with Lassana Diarra or stick with Palombo!

Left Back Options:- Marcelo, Joe Mattock (£2.8m buy from Leicester). Mattock kept Marcelo out of my side for nearly half a season and has got some excellent ratings.

Right Back Options:- Rafinha, Nedum Onuoha (Onuoha excellent at RB & now called up to the full England squad on my game).

Goalkeeper Options:- Vincent Enyeama is a solid (and cheap) option but gets unhappy if he is not getting played regularly. If you have the money I would buy Igor Akinfeev, he is class and I managed to get him for £17m at the start of season 2.

I've got a selection headache now as I don't know whether to play Pirlo in midfield with Lassana Diarra or stick with Palombo!

Left Back Options:- Marcelo, Joe Mattock (£2.8m buy from Leicester). Mattock kept Marcelo out of my side for nearly half a season and has got some excellent ratings.

Right Back Options:- Rafinha, Nedum Onuoha (Onuoha excellent at RB & now called up to the full England squad on my game).

Goalkeeper Options:- Vincent Enyeama is a solid (and cheap) option but gets unhappy if he is not getting played regularly. If you have the money I would buy Igor Akinfeev, he is class and I managed to get him for £17m at the start of season 2.

I had the same headache! Elano was playing extremely well in a playmaker role and i brought Pirlo in and he HAD to start. So i put Pirlo in a playmaker role with Elano opposite him and Fernandes as the defensive mid. Both Palombo and Diarra are very good but in my game Diarra is having a man of the match every time he plays! I play a 4-5-1 and its working pretty well, maybe trying that?

Left back - Had the chnace to buy Marcelo but trying to stick with English bases players at the mo and Bridge wont come and Tottenham wont let Bale go. Also i want a left back with some experience.

Right back - Same goes, would like a right back who is relitavely experienced, any suggestions?

Goalkeeper - Bought Foster for 12mil as needed a GK quick but he is playing worse than Hart. Dont want to bring in a young keeper as have Hart who will be a very good kepper in a few season, any suggestions on the keeper area?

I had the same headache! Elano was playing extremely well in a playmaker role and i brought Pirlo in and he HAD to start. So i put Pirlo in a playmaker role with Elano opposite him and Fernandes as the defensive mid. Both Palombo and Diarra are very good but in my game Diarra is having a man of the match every time he plays! I play a 4-5-1 and its working pretty well, maybe trying that?

Left back - Had the chnace to buy Marcelo but trying to stick with English bases players at the mo and Bridge wont come and Tottenham wont let Bale go. Also i want a left back with some experience.

Right back - Same goes, would like a right back who is relitavely experienced, any suggestions?

Goalkeeper - Bought Foster for 12mil as needed a GK quick but he is playing worse than Hart. Dont want to bring in a young keeper as have Hart who will be a very good kepper in a few season, any suggestions on the keeper area?

I could change the shape of team I guess but the squad is reasonbly gelled at the moment and dont want to make any unnecessary changes if I can help it.

As for English left backs, could try Cole at Chelsea if you have the funds but im stumped on who else to bring in that is English - same for the right back slot

Goalkeepers - try Robinson or Scott Carson. Also Robert Green is a solid keeper on my game.

I could change the shape of team I guess but the squad is reasonbly gelled at the moment and dont want to make any unnecessary changes if I can help it.

As for English left backs, could try Cole at Chelsea if you have the funds but im stumped on who else to bring in that is English - same for the right back slot

Goalkeepers - try Robinson or Scott Carson. Also Robert Green is a solid keeper on my game.

Yeah if all your team have gelled and are playing well i wouldnt bother changing the shape.

Doubt Cole would move because Bridge wont :( Not to concerned on nationality of goalie as goalies dont need to gell as much with the squad. Have decided to go for a more english/welsh team this year as language barriers etc. deffinelty have a bigger impact now which is much more realistic!

Guest Bellenduos

Finally got the full v and have got......

Juan Roman Riquelme - 13.5m

Angel Di Maria - 6.5m

Gareth Bale - 17m

Pavel Mamaev - 6.5m

Andrey Arshavin - 12m

Artur Boruc - 20m

Domenico Cristico - 2.5m

Martin Galvan - 4.9m

Only went for the uefa qualification so used my budget as i spent a**** load on an awesome backstaff but reckon i can CL with my squad. Any one know if the lesser knowns i got turn out to be crap?

Hey guys i got a striker problem...

So i have Cardozo huntelaar Benzema(just got) robinho, and balloteli one has

to leave, and i just got a good offer from arsenal for huntelaar, what shall i do?

Shall i sell huntellar or some1 else? was it a mistake that i bought benzema? :/

to leave, and i just got a good offer from arsenal for huntelaar, what shall i do?

Shall i sell huntellar or some1 else? was it a mistake that i bought benzema? :/

I think you have to see how they are working for you, cause each game I think is different. If a 2$ strikers works for me, and scoring in each match, I would not sell it for nothing. The striker mood swings, can make your team struggle, so I would say if it works do not change it.

About Benzema and Huntelaar, I have no specific idea cause when I am starting the first season, I am not capable to make them sign with me for a reasonable price.

I restarted the game, and no big name striker would sign, not even young stars like Vela or Balotelli. I tried Del Pierro and was refused by the player, Trezeguet got a bid from Chelsea and went to them snubbing me, so I have to stick to regular Eastern European players, and go for what I can till season 2 or 3 :(

I was thinking maybe the goals you set for yourself, may have something to do with the signings, cause I never said I will go for the title so maybe that can be a reason.

-=Can you guys tell, what was the biggest star striker you managed to sign for City at the start of the first season? =-

Many people might disagree with me but I would sell Robinho simply because he gets unhappy in the first season and wants to move to a bigger club and then starts to go AWOL from training.

I'm manage like Fergie - no player is bigger than the club and anyone who don't want to wear the City shirt with pride can move on!

Iam at the start of the second season and robinho is ok, he

is happy playing for the club, i guess :p

Maybe i will sell huntelaar to arsenal, but dunno he was very clinical last year.. :/

Iam not thinking of selling robinho cause he is my only "fast" striker.. maybe it was

a mistake buying Benzema.

Archived