FM09: Official Manchester City Football Club Thread

coolbananas

OMG ive been playing JO prety much every game thinking he will come good.

If anyone has the game PLEASE could you tell me what is his potential ability because his stats are staying the same

Cheers

MUST buys in £

Lassana Diarra 5.5m

Marcelo 4.4 mill

Vela 10 mill

Srna 15.5 mill

Sylvain Armand 10 mill and you will have plenty more to spend after that :D

Did you really get vela???OMG!!!thats amazing!!!i would love to have him..young and super talented

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the demo with Man City and got Sebastian Frey for 22 Million and Aguero for his release clause. Although both were not interested giving them maximum wages, and maximum appearance and goal bonus, they accepted the contract :) Maybe starting off as an international footballer helps there.

Apart from these, I got the regulars like Srna, Arshavin, Matias, Diarra and Marcelo :D

Started with city, unbeaten so far but not finioshed pre season yet.. ;)

Transfers in:

Matty Edwards - 110K (hot prospect, looking to make money;))

Marcelo - 4.4M

Aguero - 34M

Srna - 19.25M

Lassana Diarra - 13M

Transfers Out:

3 loans to lower league teams

Elano - 7.25M

Went unbeaten through all of preseason :D

I shall keep you all updated

I'm looking for a good striker to partner Robinho up front at the start of the game (full version, where good demo players often won't join City), anyone got any ideas? I'm also trying to decide whether I should replace Dunne/Richards in CB - maybe put Richards on the right of defence? - since Bowen's team assessment has Richards at only 4 stars and neither CB as being brilliant. I'm no tactical genius, I'm barely even competant :p Anyone have any suggestions of where I should look at?

For City i play

3-1-2-2-2

Team as follows

GK Hart

DC Dunne

DC Upson / Kompany

DC Richards

DMC Veloso / Fernandes

MC Ireland / Johnson

MC Elano / Wiljnaldum

AML Petror / Castillo / Robinho

AMR Wright Phillips /Saviet

FC Robinho/ Evans / Saviet

FC Cardozo / Keirrison/ Benjani

Jo is a bad player, hasnt really scored, After 23 league games i am 6th, in the 2nd round knock of ufea cup.

Started with city, unbeaten so far but not finished pre season yet.. ;)

Transfers in:

Matty Edwards - 110K (hot prospect, looking to make money;))

Marcelo - 4.4M

Aguero - 34M

Srna - 19.25M

Lassana Diarra - 13M

Transfers Out:

3 loans to lower league teams

Elano - 7.25M

Went unbeaten through all of preseason

I shall keep you all updated

Since sold Hamann for free and signed Asenjo for 8.25M (with some help from the wage budget)

I bought Leo Franco for £5m on the demo, and he's certainly one of the best goalkeepers disregarding the un-buyable Castillas/Cech/etc etc... Absolutely rock solid! :D

And yes, Jo is pretty useless, but he is still developing... Get a world-class striker, or actually you need two because Robinho just moans and never performs :p

Zhirkov was a good but not outstanding AML in the demo, I've bought him again in the full game but haven't been able to play him yet (I'm only one game in atm).

Mati fernandez

Balotteli-----he score in his debut for me and lay an asisst and won the man of the match for me.Played him at winger that time..^^

ok im looking to build a team (at Man City) who would you buy? the team will be built around richards and robinho. im up against my mates in an online game, they are the top 4 and i landed man city! we each get 150million to spend.

Please set out as follows:

GK Name Price

DR Name Prece

DC M. Richards

DC

DL

MR

MC

MC

ML Robinho / F. Rossi

ST Balotelli

ST Rossi

Cheers

PS those are players wo i have in the demo game and not nesessarily required

ok im looking to build a team (at Man City) who would you buy? the team will be built around richards and robinho. im up against my mates in an online game, they are the top 4 and i landed man city! we each get 150million to spend.

Please set out as follows:

GK Name Price

DR Name Prece

DC M. Richards

DC

DL

MR

MC

MC

ML Robinho / F. Rossi

ST Balotelli

ST Rossi

Cheers

PS those are players wo i have in the demo game and not nesessarily required

GK Rene Adler (Bayer Leverkusen) - 25.000.000 €

DR Name Prece

DC M. Richards

DC

DL Phillip Lahm (Bayern Munich) - 20.000.000

MR

MC Joao Moutinho (Sporting CP)- around 15.000.000 €

MC Diego (werder Bremen) - 25.000.000 /30.000.000 €

ML Robinho / F. Rossi

ST Balotelli

ST Rossi

Back when Chelsea first got their millions I couldn't go through with taking charge of them because they're just a team that I don't like, I don't have the same problem with Man City. I can quite happily take the millions and take on the challenge of converting them into a Champions League super-power within a few seasons - at least until the January update and then I can start a career game until FM10.

The game so far is just filling in the spots with the highest recommended players that will make the move to City, so I'm not surprised everybody is basically after the same players.

My first XI going into the season:

--------------------Boruc (£25m)

Richards--------Dunne---Kompany---Guardado (£21m)

Wright-Phillips---Elano---Fernandes---Robinho

----------------Benjani---Caicedo

sb1. Hart

sb2. Ben-Haim

sb3. Petrov

sb4. Ireland

sb5. Jo

sb6. Johnson

sb7. Marcelo (£4.9m)

Reserve Team (Featuring a lot of transfer kitty spending as I want to give the team time to gel.)

--------------------------Hart

Rafinha (£16m)---Ben-Haim---Radu (£2m)------Marcelo (£4.9m)

Zabaleta---------Johnson----Veloso (£15m)---Matias Fernandez (£9m)

---------------------Sturridge---Evans

sb1. Renan (£6.5m)

sb2. Onuoha

sb3. Castillo

sb4. Bojinov

sb5. Vassell

I let go everyone else in the squad save for a few U18's in each position. I left it too late to get Srna for £18m so ended up with Rafinha instead, the only thing that's happened that has left a little regret. It's going to be interesting to see if I can mould Guardado into a left-back. But that's most of the money away & I'm still looking for a young left-winger and a striker for a combined £4m (so that rules out my first choices - Ballotelli & Zhirkov!!) to "complete" the entire team... well, until the next transfer window anyway! I'll update at the end of the season.

My team half-way thorugh November

--------------Hart----------

Diarra--Richards--Dunne--Marcelo

------------Fernandes-------

Zabaleta--------------Petrov

-----------Aguero---------

----Ched Evans---Robinho

S1 - Asenjo

S2- Vela

S3- Ben Haim

S4 - Johnson

S5 - Kompany

S6- Castillo

S7- Jo

Back when Chelsea first got their millions I couldn't go through with taking charge of them because they're just a team that I don't like, I don't have the same problem with Man City. I can quite happily take the millions and take on the challenge of converting them into a Champions League super-power within a few seasons - at least until the January update and then I can start a career game until FM10.

The game so far is just filling in the spots with the highest recommended players that will make the move to City, so I'm not surprised everybody is basically after the same players.

My first XI going into the season:

--------------------Boruc (£25m)

Richards--------Dunne---Kompany---Guardado (£21m)

Wright-Phillips---Elano---Fernandes---Robinho

----------------Benjani---Caicedo

sb1. Hart

sb2. Ben-Haim

sb3. Petrov

sb4. Ireland

sb5. Jo

sb6. Johnson

sb7. Marcelo (£4.9m)

Reserve Team (Featuring a lot of transfer kitty spending as I want to give the team time to gel.)

--------------------------Hart

Rafinha (£16m)---Ben-Haim---Radu (£2m)------Marcelo (£4.9m)

Zabaleta---------Johnson----Veloso (£15m)---Matias Fernandez (£9m)

---------------------Sturridge---Evans

sb1. Renan (£6.5m)

sb2. Onuoha

sb3. Castillo

sb4. Bojinov

sb5. Vassell

I let go everyone else in the squad save for a few U18's in each position. I left it too late to get Srna for £18m so ended up with Rafinha instead, the only thing that's happened that has left a little regret. It's going to be interesting to see if I can mould Guardado into a left-back. But that's most of the money away & I'm still looking for a young left-winger and a striker for a combined £4m (so that rules out my first choices - Ballotelli & Zhirkov!!) to "complete" the entire team... well, until the next transfer window anyway! I'll update at the end of the season.

Did you juz play robinho at left wing???how is he performing??

Did you juz play robinho at left wing???how is he performing??

I'm only a few games in but he isn't setting the world alight, I might just move my whole left side up 1 and forget trying to convert Guardado into a great attacking left-back and just bring in Marcelo instead.

This is the most stupid thing i have ever read in my life. Why would u pay 16m for a reserve right back or 6ml for a reserve sub goalie? i think someone is telling porkies.

I'm Man City, I can do what the hell I like!! =P Anyway, I already explained - I don't want to have strangers playing with each other every game, I have only introduced Boruc and Guardado in addition to the new players I didn't sign in the hope that the team will gel quicker. The young guys in the reserves will hopefully adapt without any pressure on them and can slowly be introduced, save for any injuries to my first team squad. Why would I not buy the very, very best players I can afford? It makes sense to me, although you may be proven right at the end of my season. We'll just have to wait and see. =D

P.S. If you don't believe me then I'm sure if you go on about it enough you will make me care enough to give you a screen-shot. I got £85m as I promised the title, then I adjusted the wage structure to add the rest of the money and I have just over £4m left as well as £100k left in the wage structure.

Oh look first post.

Have bought...

Pandev

Veloso

Owen(6M i think)

Marcello(helps with Robinho)

Galvan(coming at end of season)

And that bloke from Barca(20 year old,at work so can't remember his name)

Sold...

Gelson(personal choice as i don't rate him in real life! so got veloso)

Sent out a lot on loan...

Still got cash to spend(not much though) and am playing 4-3-1-2 at home.Away i'm still tinkering with tactics but 4-1-3-2 seems to work.

Oh look first post.

Have bought...

Pandev

Veloso

Owen(6M i think)

Sold...

Still got cash to spend(not much though) and am playing 4-3-1-2 at home.Away i'm still tinkering with tactics but 4-1-3-2 seems to work.

Quite possibly Bojan?

Oh look first post.

Have bought...

Pandev

Veloso

Owen(6M i think)

Sold...

Welcome to the forums :thup:

Some good signings there mate, is the bloke from Barcelona Caceres?

I signed Huntelaar for City, don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, but he hasn't scored in 6 games for me.

He has started every game, and has only been getting around 5-6 ratings? :(

Same goes to me.I think he is over-rated or some sort.he only score 2goals in one game then never score anymore...swt...even balotteli score more than him...dissapointing though...

Same goes to me.I think he is over-rated or some sort.he only score 2goals in one game then never score anymore...swt...even balotteli score more than him...dissapointing though...

Well I heard everyone raving about him, saying that he scores loads of goals.

He hasn't scored once for me yet.

I tried the demo with Man City and got Sebastian Frey for 22 Million and Aguero for his release clause. Although both were not interested giving them maximum wages, and maximum appearance and goal bonus, they accepted the contract :) Maybe starting off as an international footballer helps there.

Apart from these, I got the regulars like Srna, Arshavin, Matias, Diarra and Marcelo :D

i got aguero for 25mil (euros)+clauses and i'm on automatic. so it should work every time.

The big issue on my mind is what happens second season?

Start off with a balance of ~180mln. Spend 80mln so half the clubs balance. Does more money keep pouring in or is the level of finance just a start of game perk?

Anybody got that far yet?

I haven't got far enough to tell you, but i did read somewheere that City have thier own specific script that makes the chairman invest large somes of money into the club all the time.

Just started my season as Man City manager, i wanted to see if money could buy you world domination :p.

I got the £73million Budget.

Players In (£) -

Serigo Aguero - 32.5m

Matias Fernandez - 8m

Marcelo - Loan

Cardozo - Loan

Veloso - 11.25m

Balotelli - 10m

Di Maria - 6m

Insua - Loan

Total spent 68m

Total left 9.5m

I was just about to sign Zapata for 12m when it was cancelled because he was injured, i will probably just sign him in the january transfer now.

Line Up -

| Hart |

| Richards | Dunne | Ben-Haim | Marcelo |

| Kompany | Veloso |

| Aguero | Matias | Robinho |

| Cardozo/Balotelli |

Subs -

Kasper

Insua

Di Maria

Elano

Balotelli/Cardozo

I haven't quite figured out if i want to play Robinho there or upfront, either way all players can swap arround easily. As well as Zapata, i will probably also look to sign a goalkeeper, this is the next weakest spot in my opinion.

Any suggestions?

Some nice wheeling and deal there...hmm how u get aguero??!! Or ballotelli (inter guy) - are well - before i go on i must say im loving this game and the assistant managers help in the game is a master piece!

Ok first of all i have brought in new scouts and new coaches and a new assistant manager ohhh and a new physio and a new fitness coachh - they all maintain a high flurry of 18--19-20 amongst there attributes!!

My Ins and outs...

out - g fernandez - ireland - garrido - ball

in - defour - matty fernandez - moutinho - lasana diara - d srna - owen - bale

so far m fernandez and srna and diara and moutinho playing SUPERB!! Defour is havin trouble settlin in !! Im play Robino up front and elano behind him free roamin and then moutinho and diara holnd the midfield - so far doin great beatin liverpool 1 - 0 the highlight so far!

Just started my season as Man City manager, i wanted to see if money could buy you world domination :p.

I got the £73million Budget.

Players In (£) -

Serigo Aguero - 32.5m

Are you playing on the patched full game? Because I couldn't get Aguero to join me for love nor money.

Started With Man city for obvious finacial reasons. Usually start with Bolton.

Ins. Srna 18m, Huntelaar 15mil, Veloso 13.25m, Rakitic 11.5m, Diarra 5m

Outs Hammann225k and Garrido 3.3mil.

made good start 2 wins and a draw but robinho is struggling in his free role behind the target man any suggestions playing 4411

Are you playing on the patched full game? Because I couldn't get Aguero to join me for love nor money.

Full game, i offered 140k and 4m signing off fee and 13k appearance fee, 13k goal bonus. As soon as he has settled i will look to offer a new contract. I didn;t try anything else i just maxed out the weekly bonus and was generous on the signing on fee ;].

Also how are people signing diarra for 5m? is that £? because pompy wont accept anything under 14m on my game...

Welcome to the forums :thup:

Some good signings there mate, is the bloke from Barcelona Caceres?

That's the bunny.Doing a good job with Micah as well seeing as Dunne gets sent off nearly every other game!

Robinho takes a while to gel but he comes good after a few games with the help of Marcello.

Archived