FM2009: Official Liverpool FC Thread - Fields Of Anfield Road: Sponsored by El Nino

weeeman27bob

Ive signed Babbel, Beardsley, Ray Clemence on mine :D.. Legends :p.. Pako rejected me though (hes now a fitness coach back in spain :o)..

when i get the full game going to sign the likes of smicer, hamann, berger, henchoz, dudek, fowler to tutor youths and become coaches in the long run :).

Yeah, I got Clem as well...he was unemployed.

I will definitely be nabbing "The Kaiser" when he finishes his playing career, and I've already buttered up big Sami by using the "he would make a good coach" option. Fowler says he's out of the game when he retires if you look at his personal file...but I'm sure if LFC came a calling, he would reconsider. I'll be looking at Jari Litmanen (if he ever hangs up his boots) as well. ;)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I got Clem as well...he was unemployed.

I will definitely be nabbing "The Kaiser" when he finishes his playing career, and I've already buttered up big Sami by using the "he would make a good coach" option. Fowler says he's out of the game when he retires if you look at his personal file...but I'm sure if LFC came a calling, he would reconsider. I'll be looking at Jari Litmanen (if he ever hangs up his boots) as well. ;)

Yeah Litmanan will be looking into him. Will give them all coach clause on there contracts :p.. im just going to have a reserve team on like 35 year olds lol.

Dudek, Hyypia, Hamman, Berger, Smicer, Litmanan, Fowler and keep my eye out for a retiring heskey, Owen, Murphy, Luis Garcia in 3 or 4 seasons time :).

Question to all of you really...

I know it's only the demo, but why do you offload the likes of Pennant/Aurelio/Benayoun etc, immediately??

Did you play a few friendlies first to get a taster of their performance (in your game) or not?

I only ask because I don't tend to want to rip up the squad immediately.

Also why are some of you looking for a new left back when there are two okay ones already, and an excellent young prospect in Insua.

YNWA

I know it's only the demo, but why do you offload the likes of Pennant/Aurelio/Benayoun etc, immediately??

Did you play a few friendlies first to get a taster of their performance (in your game) or not?

Also why are some of you looking for a new left back when there are two okay ones already, and an excellent young prospect in Insua.

YNWA

Pennant, Aurelio, Arbeloa & Kuyt were listed from day one...all can easily be replaced by far better players (remember that Man City are willing to pay silly money for your cast offs).

Insua & Plessis Have both done really well for me when I've used them. :thup:

YNWA

I dont think Pennant and Benayoun are any good so get rid ,I keep Aurelio as i think hes a good player

Also i like to loan Insua out for a season or 2 as i dont think hes ready for the big step up yet

YNWA

This was why i did it

Unbeaten all the way to 31st december.

This game's far too easy.

Asked the board for more money at the beginning of the game because the £5m they give you is sh*t, so they boosted me from £5m to about £15m.

Then i budget adjusted and moved all my excess wages into my transfers, that gave me an extra £5m,

So that's £20m already on day 1.

Then i never bought a player till the very end of July.

And by that time i had sold all these players below.

El Zhar - -- Celtic - £3m

Plessis - At Madrid - £5m

Kuyt - Real Madrid - £15m

Aurellio - Man City - £13m

Arbeloa - R Madrid - £13m

Benayoun - M City - £14m

Pennant - Chelsea - £13m

Itandje - Catania - - £3m

ETC

So by the time i'd sold all of these players, not only did i have near £100m in the bank, i also had nearly quartered my wage bill.

So i then move all my wages back into my transfer fund yet again in budget adjustment, this boosted me upto about £120m

Pretty easy to buy Maicon, Aguero and Pato when you have more than 1 hundred million pounds in the bank. :)

During the time i was selling everyone in July i was also unsettling the 3 players i wanted, so by the time i had the money available they all were ready to join my and contract negotiation was very easy and quick.

60341869bz9.jpg

w1440.png

Current team

IIRC, someone mentioned something about possible problems with Finance, when adjusting the wage budget.

Well I've had a little look into this.

Game 1 - Wage Budget increased from £1.1 million to £1.3 million. Wages being used up to 1.2 million from 1.05 million.

Game 2 - Wage budget +wages stay the same.

So the main difference between the two games is I'm spending an extra 150k a week on wages. That equates to 600k a month.

Looking at the finances this 600k isn't the biggest of the worries. Per month I'm spending £15 million ( lets say around £13 million on game 2 as well). And I'm only getting 8 million back.

This means that in game 1, if things keep going like they are, I'll be down £63 million by the end of the season.

In game 2 i'll be down by about £ 45 million.

Obviously there will be prize money etc coming in at the end of the season, but depending on how much you win, you might creep into the red.

So from what I've gathered this is my conclusion:

If possible, try and keep the wage budget what it is. If you fund your transfers entirely from the Transfer budget, you should save around £12 million a season, which is an awful lot

Cant believe it just played Arsenal in the 4th round of the league cup at home got 2 pens during normal time Torres took both and missed both the match finished 1-1 and went to pens where Torres took another pen and missed again 3 pen misses in 1 match never had that before

New page

you should hav keane on ur pens scored 4 out ov 4 for me

IIRC, someone mentioned something about possible problems with Finance, when adjusting the wage budget.

Well I've had a little look into this.

Game 1 - Wage Budget increased from £1.1 million to £1.3 million. Wages being used up to 1.2 million from 1.05 million.

Game 2 - Wage budget +wages stay the same.

So the main difference between the two games is I'm spending an extra 150k a week on wages. That equates to 600k a month.

Looking at the finances this 600k isn't the biggest of the worries. Per month I'm spending £15 million ( lets say around £13 million on game 2 as well). And I'm only getting 8 million back.

This means that in game 1, if things keep going like they are, I'll be down £63 million by the end of the season.

In game 2 i'll be down by about £ 45 million.

Obviously there will be prize money etc coming in at the end of the season, but depending on how much you win, you might creep into the red.

So from what I've gathered this is my conclusion:

If possible, try and keep the wage budget what it is. If you fund your transfers entirely from the Transfer budget, you should save around £12 million a season, which is an awful lot

I think you're right. I would never risk the Pool just to have a better transfer kitty

Here's what I'm proposing!

Transfer kitty: 4m -> 15m with board request

Out:

Pennant 7.5

Benayoun 7.5

Aurelio 10

Arbeloa 10

Total: 35+15=50

In:

Ignacio Camacho DM - potential to be as good as Fabregas (too tempting) - 7.5m

Davide Santon - potential to be better than Santon - 10m

Caceres - 12.5m

Arshavin (or equiv.) - 13m

Loan Marcelo - future fee

Srna - 16m

Total = 59m

Might adjust what wages I do have to meet that deficit...

Or might ship out one more lad. Maybe sell some dead-wood in the reserves.

Thoughts?

First post in this thread here :D

I have started a few games so far but never got further than a month in before i have gerrard and torres both out for 3 months or longer.. so decided that i would start from scratch again.

So far this is my dealings

Out:

Pennant £8mil - blackburn

Benayoun £11 - blackburn

Aurelio £8mil - spurs

Arbeloa £12 mil - man city

Kuyt - £17mil - man city

Plessis - £2.2mil - hull city

also shipped out most of reserves for very little money - nemeth was most at 500k to cardiff

Ins:

Marcelo - loan no fee paid

M. Torres - loan no fee paid

Balotelli - loan no fee paid

Caceres - loan no fee paid

P.Osvaldo - loan no fee paid

L.Diarra - £5mil - class

M.Fernandez - £8mil

M.Owen - £6mil

S.Defour - £10mil but worth every penny ;)

L.Acosta - £6mil - was transfer listed :D

Anyukov - £10.5mil

Team line up

Reina - gk

Marcelo - lb

Anyunkov -rb

Agger - cb

Carragher -cb

Fernandez - lm

Gerrard - rm

Diarra - cm

Mascherano - cm

Defour - am

Torres - st

only part of team i think im a bit light is strikers,fullbacks and centre defence.. but when full game is released i can sort that at end of season ;)

right this is my team and ins and out

ins

diarra £500.000 part ex

danny murphy £1.4m couldnt help myself(hes good cover for gerrad tho)

veloso £12m

torje £2.3 cover on right

m fernandez £9.25 disapointed so far

nihat £ 16 scores some corkers

outs

benayoun £8.25 blackburnbut should ov waited for more

pennant was the part ex for diarra

waited for 2 weeks and asked for more cash and got it and more wages and transferred it into transfer money

i will be sellin alot more on the real game im just messin around on the demo

and as dont know how to put screens up i will just hav to you the league table

p w d l f a pts

liverpool 9 8 1 0 17 6 25

united 9 7 1 1 16 6 22

arsenal 9 5 4 0 19 5 19

chelsea 9 5 3 1 18 7 18 sorry for the bad league table lol

my team so far

gk reina

rb arbeloa

lb aurelio 2nd best stats to gerrard

cb carragher

cb skrtel/agger

rm nihat/torje/gerrard

Lm babel/dossena(some people say hes really good but iv not found that .not yet anyway)

dm alonso (awesome)

cm/am gerrard (say no more)

st el nino

st keane/nihat/babel scores a few for me

subs

riera

fernandez

veloso

lucas

hyypia

masch

diarra

i play a number ov formations depends who im playin but my fav one is 4-4-2 diamond but im swapping around alot so i get ready for the 14th with the best tactics and training so good luck guys and enjoy

any feedback or if you think i a bad manager let me know lol

I think you're right. I would never risk the Pool just to have a better transfer kitty

Here's what I'm proposing!

Transfer kitty: 4m -> 15m with board request

Out:

Pennant 7.5

Benayoun 7.5

Aurelio 10

Arbeloa 10

Total: 35+15=50

In:

Ignacio Camacho DM - potential to be as good as Fabregas (too tempting) - 7.5m

Davide Santon - potential to be better than Santon - 10m

Caceres - 12.5m

Arshavin (or equiv.) - 13m

Loan Marcelo - future fee

Srna - 16m

Total = 59m

Might adjust what wages I do have to meet that deficit...

Or might ship out one more lad. Maybe sell some dead-wood in the reserves.

Thoughts?

I'm going to do something along those lines. I'm going to buy slightly different players though.

At the moment I don't have my heart set on any player except Santon & Camacho

I'd love to buy someone else other than Arshavin, because I don't really rate him - but I am coming up trumps finding a suitable replacement. He offers a lot down the right hand side.

For my CB, I want a world class replacement for Carragher when the King starts getting on a bit - at the moment it's Luiz, Caceres or Fazio. Luiz is the cheapest at 10m, Caceres at 12.25 followed by Fazio for nearly 17m. I _think_ Caceres will turn out the best.

Darijo Srna, well... I don't really like him. But I'm just too uninspired by Lassana Diarra's performances to warrant signing him. Though, £5m is a very irresistable price tag.

Can anyone make any suggestions for a first-team ready MR/WBR/DR?

I know Liverpool needs another world class striker; but I'm thinking if I set my sights on continental finish then I'd have season 2 to procure a really world class forward.

At the moment I don't have my heart set on any player except Santon & Camacho

I'd love to buy someone else other than Arshavin, because I don't really rate him - but I am coming up trumps finding a suitable replacement. He offers a lot down the right hand side.

For my CB, I want a world class replacement for Carragher when the King starts getting on a bit - at the moment it's Luiz, Caceres or Fazio. Luiz is the cheapest at 10m, Caceres at 12.25 followed by Fazio for nearly 17m. I _think_ Caceres will turn out the best.

Darijo Srna, well... I don't really like him. But I'm just too uninspired by Lassana Diarra's performances to warrant signing him. Though, £5m is a very irresistable price tag.

Can anyone make any suggestions for a first-team ready MR/WBR/DR?

I know Liverpool needs another world class striker; but I'm thinking if I set my sights on continental finish then I'd have season 2 to procure a really world class forward.

A.Potenza or M.Zambelli would fit the right back spot perfectly. They are both cheap options and i'm proud to say, my finds :D

Just realised zambelli and potenza arn't on the demo unless your managing in Italy. Looks like you'll have to wait until Friday to have a look at my two "discoveries"!

Any of you lads using a 352 formation? I'm doing really well with it, I like being able to pull a player back (if we are under the cosh) or pushing somebody up behind my forwards (if we need a bit more cutting edge up front).

Reina

Diarra - Carra - Agger

Arshavin - Gerrard - Masch - Alonso - Babbel

Torres - Huntelaar

Diarra isn't really a central defender, but he can become "acomplished" within a few months if you train him and play him in this position, the boy is a monster wherever you play him to be honest, he's done central midfield and right midfield duty for me and still looked awesome...he is one of the best buys you can make IMO. :thup:

Diarra seems to be a player eberyone is going to buy due to being bale to get him for 5m and his obvious stats on the game but i just don;t like him as a player IRL with the way he has left a few of his clubs, anyone avoid signing players in the game no matter how good they are cause you don;t like them IRL?

anyone avoid signing players in the game no matter how good they are cause you don;t like them IRL?

Hell yes, I'd rather play my youth or reserves than any top Man U player...even if they offered me ronaldo, rooney and tevez for five quid each...the same applies to any chavski or everton players.

A.Potenza or M.Zambelli would fit the right back spot perfectly. They are both cheap options and i'm proud to say, my finds :D

Just realised zambelli and potenza arn't on the demo unless your managing in Italy. Looks like you'll have to wait until Friday to have a look at my two "discoveries"!

Both have been around for a while especially Potenza.

Save before every game is the best bet.

If Torres, Gerrard and MAscherano get injured for 2 months then re load.

It's all that can be done because of the idiots at SI not testing their games properly before public release.

lol - thats called cheating!

what next - if you lose it is the AI cheating so just reload?

yeh degen is useless, and everyone wants to loan him! ive brought in arshavin, rafinha and diarra (who the day before he agrees to sign tears an acl, and is out for 4 months...great..). cant believe how poor pacheco/nemeth is!! they were going to be my backup strikers.

-------------reina--------------

rafinha--carra----agger--aurelio-

----------------alonso----------

---------gerrard----------------

arshavin-------------------riera-

-------keane----torres---------

subs-

diarra

masch

lucas

kuyt

babel

skrtel

dossena

well that is realistic isn't it as they aren't good enough to be back ups yet!

lol - thats called cheating!

what next - if you lose it is the AI cheating so just reload?

How is that cheating ?

Sports Interactive have admitted that the injuries in the game are a horrific bug and everyone agrees that having 6 of your best players injured for 3 months each even before the first game of the season ruins the game.

Haha, i suppose you actually play the game with Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Reina, Carragher, Keane out for 3 months (thus nearly all of the demo)

There's an editor now though that sorts the injuries so i don't have to reload.

Lol actually making our games more realistic and correcting Sports Interactives f**k ups is "cheating" in your mind

Any of you lads using a 352 formation? I'm doing really well with it, I like being able to pull a player back (if we are under the cosh) or pushing somebody up behind my forwards (if we need a bit more cutting edge up front).

Reina

Diarra - Carra - Agger

Arshavin - Gerrard - Masch - Alonso - Babbel

Torres - Huntelaar

Diarra isn't really a central defender, but he can become "acomplished" within a few months if you train him and play him in this position, the boy is a monster wherever you play him to be honest, he's done central midfield and right midfield duty for me and still looked awesome...he is one of the best buys you can make IMO. :thup:

I'm tempted by 3-5-2. But i think a narrow 4-3-2-1 might be more solid.

Also I've noticed that player stats sky-rocket with the very little training I've been giving them! Probably SI's response to players being rubbish.

Sort of feels like every player is potential dynamite now :p

Thats good. I hadn't bothered with training on the demo.

On the subject of 3-5-2, i think you could have two defensive players in the 5 instead of just 1.

IRL I think Agger and Skrtel will be the long term partnership when JC retires or isn't a regular pick. Both are superb and compliment each other perfectly.

I aim to see if that works for me in the career that I'll begin on Friday, and I won't be seeking any replacements in the near term.

I know FM is a game, and so we can do what we want, but why won't you give Agger or Skrtel the chance to impress???

IRL I think Agger and Skrtel will be the long term partnership when JC retires or isn't a regular pick. Both are superb and compliment each other perfectly.

I aim to see if that works for me in the career that I'll begin on Friday, and I won't be seeking any replacements in the near term.

I know FM is a game, and so we can do what we want, but why won't you give Agger or Skrtel the chance to impress???

Well, I know they are great players in real life but I look at them on FM and I wonder if their attributes really reflect how good they are. I just can't help feeling that Agger/Skrtel are placeholders while we find a top drawer CB. Those are my thoughts though, and I think they're brilliant in real life (and probably couldn't find a replacement that's any better). I dunno.

Archived