FM2009: Official Liverpool FC Thread - Fields Of Anfield Road: Sponsored by El Nino

weeeman27bob

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh something else that I've thought of. Anyone else changed the staff yet. I had a quick look around, and you can get much better.

Yeah, absolutely. I signed some scout as an assistant manager as he had much better attributes than Sammy Lee. Replaced most the scouts too as only a few have Judging CA and Judging PA above 15.

Hmm is fernandez gd as an attacking AMR? i thought he is more of an AMC or AML? woa.. was about to sell kuyt..think will give it a rethink ..ahha

Pope: woa..vela for 5.5 mil.. whats ya waiting for? haha

yeh im trying to retrain him (and babel) to be accomplished there, and he goes alright (after kuyt of course ;))

Has anyone tried Balotelli as a winger? Currently I have enough good strikers (and good super-sub strikers too) and I have just got Balotelli. I find the AMR position is really hard to find someone outstanding for. Too many options for AML and AMC instead.

Anyway, I'm going to try him there as he has some pretty decent attributes for a winger and is already 'accomplished' as AMR.

hes very good there, dribbles past everyone down that right side, but he wont score any where near as much as he will at striker(obviously :)) i mainly play him up front with torres, and hes playin superb

Gerrard is on the right for me, Masch as holding midfielder and Alonso as the creative force in the centre!

Veloso is interchangeable with either in the middle, but he is pretty uninspiring

How much did Veloso cost?

I think playing Fernandez as my starting midfielder, with Gerrard starting as well but backup MR is the way forwards.

I'd still need another striker really. How much and how good is the Bateolli (sp) fella?

OK here are my plans for 9.01

Transfers

IN

Fernandez £8.5 million

Veloso £ 11 Million

Baltoelli £12 million

Total: £31.5 million

Out

Kuyt £ 15 million

Benayoun £9.5 million

Pennant £9.5 million

Itandje £2.5 million

Total: £36.5 million

So that should give me £9 million (5 + 4.5) for over budgets + Staff

Hmm, i see that lotsa ppl are having problems with the AMR spot too.. am thinking fo giving this argentine lad Santana a shot. he has gd stats for crossing, pace, technique...

Try this young striker from inter, Destro.. looks likely he will destroy defences, pretty clinical for me so far

Ifc7

Great price for Chiellini :thup:. What was the trick? ;). Did you unsettle him or got there through negotiations?

I got a scout report on him and it said they would accept 16M and they did. Am not very happy tho saved my game last night and when ive loaded it up am just about to play my CL qualifier which is 5 games behind where i was dont know how thats happened but am p****d off

Just checked on Chiellini and i can still get him but last time i had to wait near to the end of the window as he is out for 2 months so will fail the medical

How are you people playing Keane? For me he does nothing.

I've given up on Keane, he's been rubbish all season, doesn't seem to matter who he plays with. I brought little Michael Owen back, for about £2 million at Christmas, he's not been fantastic by any means but him and Babel are way ahead of Keane in the pecking order.

I just accidently overwrote my autosav, so I'm starting again.

Well actually I'm starting again, again. I just started just now, determined to get the best staff, but i signed too many who were all the same.

I'n my previous games, I've played Keane lying deep, with torres pushing up, but that didn't really work.

He scored about 3 goals in 4 games for me coming on as a sub for Torres in 4-3-2-1 though.

Ive also changed my tactic from 4-4-2 to one Chronic uploaded a few pages back which i used in the demo 4-2-1-3

I have but I can't get any joy at all with this tactic. I've tweaked it and brought in a lot of good young players - most discussed here - but 15th in PL with only 1 win by the end of October. I don't score enough goals and my players continually miss open goals from inside the 6 yards. I also have Torres missing every single one on one chance he gets.

Not to mention that half the squad doesn't want to play for me due to my inexperience.

And Chronic stated that his game was too easy using this tactic!

I've given up on Keane, he's been rubbish all season, doesn't seem to matter who he plays with. I brought little Michael Owen back, for about £2 million at Christmas, he's not been fantastic by any means but him and Babel are way ahead of Keane in the pecking order.

So it's just not me then!

I have tried all things and not one good performance from him. To me his stats look good for a player who can drop off into the gap between defence and midfield but I can't get him to do it!

Maxwell is great for me at left back. Got him for £12m and he can even fill in on the left wing if he needs to.

Balotelli got injured for a month in his first appearance for me, then came back and was immediately injured for 4 months.

The ridicoules amount of injuries aside, I'm doing quite well with my own, basic 4-4-2. I'm in second place (early december), 3 points behind Arsenal. My best result so far was knocking Chelsea out of the cup with a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge.

I have but I can't get any joy at all with this tactic. I've tweaked it and brought in a lot of good young players - most discussed here - but 15th in PL with only 1 win by the end of October. I don't score enough goals and my players continually miss open goals from inside the 6 yards. I also have Torres missing every single one on one chance he gets.

Not to mention that half the squad doesn't want to play for me due to my inexperience.

And Chronic stated that his game was too easy using this tactic!

I feel the main is playing wit hthe strength of our squad we have. Pool is real strong in the middle of the park, so try having focus passing through the middle and full backs and wingers set at run with ball. does the trick...

honestly have gained much insight by reading this great sight.. its real lengthy but its real indepth and will help you develop that great tactic(s)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

Strength of the Squad is definitely Centre Midfield.

I'm playing with one of the 4-4-2's mentioned in that thread. I can't really comment on how it's doing as I've only just started.

I've spent ages getting my staff sorted, but now they are awesome! 7 stars in Attack, Defence, Tactics, Aerobic and Strength, and then 6 stars for Ball Control, Set Pieces and shooting.

Strength of the Squad is definitely Centre Midfield.

I'm playing with one of the 4-4-2's mentioned in that thread. I can't really comment on how it's doing as I've only just started.

I've spent ages getting my staff sorted, but now they are awesome! 7 stars in Attack, Defence, Tactics, Aerobic and Strength, and then 6 stars for Ball Control, Set Pieces and shooting.

Who did you get as coaches? any ideas, i have put a couple of adverts out for coaches etc but i really cant be bothered to wait

I've decided to make an interesting decision, and keep Kuyt.

I've sold Pennant + Benayoun and Brought in Veloso and Fernandez.

I'd like to play 4-4-2, so Kuyt can be either a winger, or striker in this formation.

Obviously I could have bought someone who is a good striker, for the sale of Kuyt, but I'd like to buy an awesome striker, someone like Agureo, or Villa, at the start of next season.

If my plans to go 4-4-2 don't work, I can go 4-3-1-2 and have Kuyt play striker if I need him.

Who did you get as coaches? any ideas, i have put a couple of adverts out for coaches etc but i really cant be bothered to wait

I've found attributes vary each time you load up but here are some of the good ones I signed.

Andreazzoli

Paxio

Herrera

Baldini

Clemence

Court

There's a good thread here which explains the attributes you need for a 7 star coach, so you can search for them.

There are a couple of coaches, one at HSV, and one at Inter, who are completely kick-ass but they have just signed, so they don't want your offer. Roll on next season though!

I've decided to make an interesting decision, and keep Kuyt.

So have I. He's done really well for me on the right and has filled in up front when Keane and Torres have been injured. He's not a world beater but there are definitely more urgent positions to improve before getting rid of Kuyt.

Chelsea have been sniffing around Alonso so I've been scouting Camacho and Javi Martinéz. I will look at signing one of them in the summer if Chelsea come in with a big offer for Alonso.

Both look awesome and have the potential to be leading Premiership players so I don't really know which one to go for. Martinez' stats looks slightly better but he is also two years older. Hmm...

Archived