FM2009: Official Liverpool FC Thread - Fields Of Anfield Road: Sponsored by El Nino

weeeman27bob

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm in the process of reinstalling FM09 here, and will no doubt start a new game with Liverpool. Lord knows why though :D

Should I bother using a DB update? And if so which is the best?

I know I said I was done with FM09 but I'm still frequenting the forums and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Like a reformed heroin addict walking past a dealer, who's offering him a free shot.

You know; that old chestnut.

So I'm in the process of reinstalling FM09 here, and will no doubt start a new game with Liverpool. Lord knows why though :D

Should I bother using a DB update? And if so which is the best?

I know I said I was done with FM09 but I'm still frequenting the forums and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Like a reformed heroin addict walking past a dealer, who's offering him a free shot.

You know; that old chestnut.

I knew you would come back :)

I am using chris's at the mo its pretty good, see my screen shots a few posts up with my transfers etc, I edited 3 players to where I think they are now (Insua, Skrtel and Agger).

If you do it right you will end up with a fair bit of money to spend.

Enjoy

Also u only get about £14M to spend but i bumped mine up to about £55M by doing the following - ask for more wages then ask for more transfer funds then ask for more wages then ask for a feeder club then ask for more wages

The 3 lots of wages then can be transfered into T funds i do this on every version not just this database

WHAT??? :D

Don't they sack you for constantly nagging them and not getting on with your job?

Also -what is this 'player cleansing' on the sortitoutsi update? (I know who sortitoutsi are, I just want to know exactly what player cleansing is) :thup:

EDIT: FM09 downloading from Steam. Currently 57% @375.25kbps.... Come ON!! :mad:

I'm considering slightly editing this DB. I want to reduce our debt slightly as Hicks has stated that it's been paid down quite a bit, and we can't edit in shirt sponsorship deals - so if I reduce the debt a bit this will compensate for the lack of sponsorship (it's only £8M per season in the game when we've just signed a monster deal IRL).

Also want to edit a couple of players. Nothing over the top, but just to make my final fling a little bit better. A guilty pleasure, if you will.

What would be an acceptable debt? I'm thinking £150M in total, give or take £10M.

I set the future income for 80mil over the next 4 years to represent the sponsorship deal, did not touch the debt amount hoping for a tycoon takeover, not happened yet though.

What players you thinking of editing? what do you think of the db? Mavinga looks good.

Oh I never thought about future income - that's a better idea! Want to slightly increase Insúa's PA to about 168-172 (it's only 155 atm). Also want to sort our Németh's abilities as they are a bit low, especially his teamwork and workrate etc. A few other minor changes here and there, nothing major like I said.

ooooh nice thanks staf

I've registered on filefront to allow me to upload the save. starts on 1st of June 2014, Liverpool just finished 7th and did not qualify for europe. aging squad with no real youth coming through either. Squad still has Stevie, nando, carra, agger, skrtel, Kuty, bennyoun and Reira. i was given 46 mill to spend but the bank balance is only at 25m, not much money to be made form selling players in the squad either. Oh and we have Darren bent too :)

I'll be uploading it when i get home today, hopefully it'l go though before i've to go training and i'll post the link on here as soon as its done.

I put insua at -10, think he will be a class player ifl

Although I joked about that for him a while back, I wouldn't put him at -10 as I can't see a FB being anywhere near 200 (which he could be at -10). I've given him 172 which, given his current attributes, will still see him become a fantastic FB.

Also upgraded Benny Noon, just a few more CA/PA points (I think 6 more), and raised his dribbling and creativity. He's one of the most underrated players on the game imo.

Gave Németh slightly better attributes but again I've reigned in my biased feelings and only increased the odd one here and there so he's not the next Torres, just a potentially 'good' striker.

I reduced our debt to £180M and added £80M future income over 4 years to our finances as well (thanks for the tip). That's really it, didn't go overboard.

Only made one signing so far - Davide Santon for £4M + 10% sell-on clause, so I now have at least 2 players for each position. The thing is, I've got £38M left for transfers and it's burning a hole in my pocket! Have a quick look at my squad and if you can think of where I might need strengthening then please give me your thoughts. You could also recommend a player or two while you're there (and tell me how much I should expect to pay!)....

currentb.jpg

My squad probably looks wafer thin (it always will when you've got money to spend).

Thoughts? :)

PS - I took Németh back from AEK (added the recall clause in his loan contract) because Greece isn't active and I want to play/develop him myself anyway.

I'll have a look at those guys then :thup:

I'm just not looking forward to the Champions League registration, as I'll have to leave someone out. Probably Fabio Aurelio seeing as I'm coming down with Left Backs. He will be left back then ;)

*this is not a xenophobic post*

I'm actually really annoyed by the state of our squad in general from game start. So many foreigners with no home-grown youth worthy of making the step up to the first team. So I've had an idea that I may just put into practice...

I'm seriously considering editing virtually the entire team. I want to change the players around so that (for instance) Steven Darby has Philip Degen's attributes and vice-versa, then change the contracts around as well. Do this with most of the players so I have almost a fully home-grown squad, and then a vast majority of the current 1st-teamers would be youths on small contracts and can easily be moved on/released.

Obviously, I wouldn't be touching Torres, Mascherano, Reina etc, but Lucas would become Spearing, Riera would become Putterill and so on and so forth. Seem silly? Would be nice to field a team of Reina, Darby, Carragher, Agger, Insúa, Spearing, Mascherano, Gerrard, Putterill, Torres, Németh or something like that :)

*it's simply because I'm bored of the game

Martin Kelly = Soti

Steve Irwin = Aquilani

Robbie Threlfall = Dossena

Steven Darby = Degen

Ryan Flynn = Babel

Raymond Putterill = Riera

David Martin = Cavalieri

Jay Spearing = Lucas

That adds 8 more home-grown 1st teamers without unbalancing the game. I may also make Eccleston = Voronin, and I'm changing the ages round as well.

Almost done. Loaded up a game there to see how it was shaping up, then set the view to home-grown status on the first team, half were "trained at club" which looked good. Then checked the reserves and it's filled with sub-par multi-national players who will be sold off at the earliest convenience. :D

I'll post a screen shot in a little while. Looks great at the minute :)

So here is how the first team looks now, with plenty of home-grown senior players:

1stteam.jpg

Bare in mind that these players are all much older now, whereas the player they swapped with are now youngsters, languishing in the reserves:

1streserves.jpg

There isn't an Englishman in the reserves. fwiw, Ryan Babel in my game is now as good as he is in real life ;)

And that's me ready to go :thup:

sounds awful to me wee aja...

personally... id just approve spearing etc slightly.. (i.e the promising youth) and leave it at that...

making them as good as degen is unrealistic and imo.. degen hasnt done welll at lfc.. but he's a full international and a good player ...its into the realms of clear cheating...

sounds awful to me wee aja...

personally... id just approve spearing etc slightly.. (i.e the promising youth) and leave it at that...

making them as good as degen is unrealistic and imo.. degen hasnt done welll at lfc.. but he's a full international and a good player ...its into the realms of clear cheating...

On the cheating part; I could just say "it's my game and I'll play it as I wish"....but I won't say that. You should read back over what I've said I'm doing. I've swapped players' attributes so that Spearing is now as good as Lucas BUT Lucas has been downgraded so he is now as bad as Spearing. Martin Kelly is now as 'good' (even though he's not that good) as Kyrgiakos, whereas Kyrgiakos has been downgraded to Kelly's CA/PA (70/-6 iirc), I've also changed ages and contracts around.

For every player I've improved, I've made a corresponding player worse. In essence, all I'm really doing is changing names :D

I realised today that I'd messed up a few attributes here and there, as well as getting ages wrong for a few players. Was all a bit messed up so I'm gonna start it again but this time leave all the attributes and just change around names and nationalities (which is all I needed to do to begin with). For some reason I went about things the long way and made more work for myself than was actually necessary :D

Hi guys was hoping for some input from a few of you on your opinions on how to move my team forward in the upcoming season.

I am currently playing as Liverpool, over halfway through my second season and starting to look at the transfer market now before players start getting snapped up. I have a silly amount of money to spend due to a board takeover!! Think it's around £150million!!!!!!!! (It's a shame Rafa can't get the same service aye?)

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation however this can change to a 4-4-2 or even 4-1-3-2 depending on the opposition.

My Starting 11 is currently as follows with back up players in brackets:

Reina - GK

Insua - LB (Mattock)

Johnson, Glen - RB (Santon)

Leo - CB (Carragher)

Skrtel - CB (Agger)

Veluso - MC (Alonso)

Gerrard - MC (Mascherano)

Assulin - AML (Sanchez, Alexis)

Aguerro - AMC (Sobis, Rafael)

Kaka - AMR (Hammill)

Torres - ST (Keirrison)

I know that I possibly may need back up for the right wing as Hammill might not make it, and left back could be stronger.

Any suggestions on where I may need strengthening if any, and if so who should I target?

For the love of God :mad:

Keep messing this up. Just realised that when I change players around, they still have their histories so players like Kyrgiakos are only 17/18 yet his history shows he's been playing at various clubs since he was a newborn baby :D

Sod it, I'm going to start a new game and just eschew real names so it's a brand new game.

This should be interesting. :thup:

Jesus. H. Christ. :rolleyes:

Anyone tried to start a game with Liverpool using fake players? What a load of old trash. You're given a 1st team squad of about 18 players, none of which are "World Class" (Gerrad, Torres, Mascherano etc). I loaded a new game there about 10 times and each time was the same (ie = rubbish).

I then tried (for fun) to change all our 1st team players to English nationality but even then they weren't classed as "home grown" (must be due to their player history). I just can't seem to find a game that I want to play, whether it's using a default DB or an edited one. Nothing grabs me anymore. Anyone else bored with FM09? God help me :(

Hello! :)

Just started a Liverpool save, using the Weegie update. My first save with Liverpool in FM 09 :)

---

My transfers so far:

Out:

David Ngog - Wolves - Loan.

Andriy Vorononin - Fulham - 3,5m Euro.

Lucas - Sunderland - 9m.

Philippe Degen - Sunderland - Loan.

Andreas Dossena - Tottenham - Loan.

Martin Skertel - Tottenham - 11m.

Sotiris Kyrgiakos - Nunberg - Loan.

Ryan Babel - Aston Villa - 10m.

In:

Cesar Azpilicueta - Osasuna - 9m.

Ruud van Nistelrooy - Real Madrid - 11m.

Martin Demichelis - FC Bayern - 12m.

Julien Escude - Sevilla - 5m.

Tim Cahill - Everton - 23m.

---

My first team squad looks like this now:

Reina, Cavalieri.

Johnson, Azpilicueta, Carraghar, Demichelis, Agger, Escude, Aurelio.

Benayoun, Gerrard, Aquiliani, Marchesrano, Cahill, Riera.

Kuyt, Torres, van Nistelrooy.

---

What should I do with Marchesrano? Will he improve? Should I keep him as a backup? He has poor technical attributes for a CM... How is he working out for you guys?

Will update later :)

just about to start my last LFC save on fm09 never managed to make a success mainly because i am an lfc fan so i have a connection with some of the players that are rubbish on football manager but i am determined to bring success to my team. updates coming soon

Bob Sacamano - Mascherano is an important cog in the Liverpool team on FM09. He may not have the best technical attributes, but he is mentally outstanding and his hidden attributes are great too. imo you need him to do the water carrying while the attacking players do their stuff. He's irreplaceable as a defensive midfielder.

Just started a new game using Chris22's update, Sold Riera to Man City for 13.75m and Dossena to Wolves for 5m. Signed Arda Turan and Sebastian Giovinco for the wings and im looking at another striker to play backup to Torres as I dont believe Voronin is up to it. I have released 11 of my u18's as they didnt make the grade and are now being replaced by the likes of Fleck, Shelvey and Macheda (I know hes a Manc but hes got potential!) Homegrown player wise, Martin, Irwin and Putterill will be sent to feeder clubs. I have 9 scouts all in different regions, looking specifically for u18s, 1 scouting the Prem, 1 scouting next opposition and one specifically for getting reports on players I have out on loan. I have opted for a 4-2-3-1 but i am playing the 3 attacking mids as AML - AMC - AMR. I am also looking at bringing in another CB as I dont rate Sotiris Kyrgiakos regardless of his stats so he may go out on loan. I am, however, looking at bringing back Hyypia, Hamann and Fowler just to act as backup and tutors. At the moment, My 1st team is as follows:

Reina, Cavalieri, Gulacsi

Johnsen, Degen

Insua, Aurelio

Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos

Mascherano, Lucas, Spearing, Aquilani

Arda, Kuyt

Giovinco, Babel

Gerrard, Benayoun

Torres, Voronin, Ngog

Any comments on what could be strengthened are greatly appreciated. I have 34.4m left to spend

Bob Sacamano - Mascherano is an important cog in the Liverpool team on FM09. He may not have the best technical attributes, but he is mentally outstanding and his hidden attributes are great too. imo you need him to do the water carrying while the attacking players do their stuff. He's irreplaceable as a defensive midfielder.

Hello Wee Aja!

Yes, he is very good mentally! I have now played a few months in the game, and Mascherano has not impressed me... I don't think he fits my tactic.. I play either 433 or 442. And I need centre midfielders that are good technically and I don't have room for him in the first eleven... But I'm sure he would be perfect for those who plays with a DM.

So I've made a deal with Real Madrid to sell him in january for 42m. I couldn't say no to 42m for a backup:)

Well even I would sell him for £42Million :D

Yeah it depends what sort of tactic you play with Liverpool. I normally have him anchoring the midfield in either a 4-1-3-2 or a diamond 4-1-2-1-2 so I usually have space for him. Also, sentimentality sees me hanging onto him.

I'm desperate to start a new game with Liverpool but I just can't get going. I dunno what's wrong with me :(

Sorry havent been on much since i came back been busy after a nightmare 2nd season where i finshed 5th which meant no champions league i spent 64mill on players 14 new players in my squad i won the league on the last day my review

League:1st

FA cup:Q/F

League cup/Q/f

Europa league:R/u

Now for season 4

Archived