FM2009: Official Liverpool FC Thread - Fields Of Anfield Road: Sponsored by El Nino

weeeman27bob

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the tylerbode piranha v6 makele tactic my wingers and strikers keep swapping! is this correct or is it a bug?!

i don't really have the personnell for that at the moment if it's right!

Solved: had to switch player swapping off for the wingers!

Yes its right they do switch get your wingers to learn the side they cant play on then put the player swapping back on

oooh insperation!! my new 18.5million striker dint score in his first four starts... getting slight injuries in each one... but he scored his first goal in a champs league group game and then he scored his first prem goal against Bolton... where i signed him from!! :p wooo now he has scored twice more

Ok cheers mate downloading it now! Are stats edited aswell?

The 1st version (which am using) had no CA/PA changes but they were also releasing an edited one about a wk after the original

Also u only get about £14M to spend but i bumped mine up to about £55M by doing the following - ask for more wages then ask for more transfer funds then ask for more wages then ask for a feeder club then ask for more wages

The 3 lots of wages then can be transfered into T funds i do this on every version not just this database

Just had a mad game at Spurs winning 6-2 with Aguero getting 4 goals he scored 3 goals in another and has been poor in the rest

He now has 9 in 9 but hes only been at the club for 2 months so shall give him the rest of the season then a full season next season how has he performed for everyone else?

aguerop.jpg

Tempted to start a new game but go on holidays for 4-5 seasons and then start with Liverpool. see how the team has changed and might stop me buying the usual suspects
staf you do that and i may have to nick your save file :p

that sounds a good idea! what leagues will you be running?

I will also be interested in the save game file if there was a chance ;)

Getting bored with the game now and think that will last a month or so

staf you do that and i may have to nick your save file :p

that sounds a good idea! what leagues will you be running?

just running England, italy, spain and france. try not to go overboard with the amount of leagues as it slows the game down. Planning on starting in 2015. and see how it works out.

Finished my first season in 2nd place 5 points behind Chelsea. The Tylerbode tactic has worked wonders so far as i am unbeaten. i have left winger swapping off for now but will adjust it tonight.Thanks lfc7! Torres won footballer of the year and i have just had a pay rise.

anyway to the new season. i was given £132m to spend and this has just been bumped up to £150m by the board.

Out: Reira £15m , Babel £10m, Cavilieri £6m, Itandje £1m, Pacheco £2m, Nemeth £1.5m and about 6 others at £500k and below.

In: Akinfeev, Guardado, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gourcuff, Feghouli, Marquinhos, Keirrison, Fleck, Marcano, Onyekachi and about 10 regens my scouts found. 80% English.

my policy is under 25's only and i have aimed for players who can play right across the middle and attack.

Did also try and sign Kuzmanovic and Kroos but they wouldn't come. there's always next season...will do some screen shots tonight hopefully.

something i forgot to add about Kierrison. He has scored 12 goals in 5 friendlies and he only played 45 mins at a time. so i'm hoping he's my new saviour because Balotelli didn't score enough so i'm dropping him to the wings to try him there. i also arranged friendlies against small English clubs so we could batter them and boost morale. there was a 8-0, 9-0 and a 10-0 in there.

Finished my first season in 2nd place 5 points behind Chelsea. The Tylerbode tactic has worked wonders so far as i am unbeaten. i have left winger swapping off for now but will adjust it tonight.Thanks lfc7! Torres won footballer of the year and i have just had a pay rise.

anyway to the new season. i was given £132m to spend and this has just been bumped up to £150m by the board.

Out: Reira £15m , Babel £10m, Cavilieri £6m, Itandje £1m, Pacheco £2m, Nemeth £1.5m and about 6 others at £500k and below.

In: Akinfeev, Guardado, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gourcuff, Feghouli, Marquinhos, Keirrison, Fleck, Marcano, Onyekachi and about 10 regens my scouts found. 80% English.

my policy is under 25's only and i have aimed for players who can play right across the middle and attack.

Did also try and sign Kuzmanovic and Kroos but they wouldn't come. there's always next season...will do some screen shots tonight hopefully.

something i forgot to add about Kierrison. He has scored 12 goals in 5 friendlies and he only played 45 mins at a time. so i'm hoping he's my new saviour because Balotelli didn't score enough so i'm dropping him to the wings to try him there. i also arranged friendlies against small English clubs so we could batter them and boost morale. there was a 8-0, 9-0 and a 10-0 in there.

No worries mate some nice signings youve made there :thup:

Update - End of Season 1 - Patch 9.03 Updated Database

Not a bad season winning 3 out of the 4 trophies i entered also made some great signings

Premier League

Finished 9 pts clear of Chelsea but didnt secure the League until game 35 where a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge left me 9 pts ahead with 2 games to go

My 2 biggest League wins - http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4755/50vchelsealge.jpg - http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9651/67990201.jpg

Awards

The update am using uses the proper award names

Gerrard - Fans Player of the Year - FIFA World Player of the Year - World Team of the Year - Football Writers Association Footballer of the Year -

Villa - World Soccer Magazine Player of the Year - World Team of the Year - European Footballer of the Year - European Striker of the Year - PFA Player of the Year

Balotelli - PFA Young Player of the Year

Manager of the Year

Reina - Fazio - Vargas - Gerrard - Balotelli - Villa - Toulalan - Torres - PFA Team of the Year

Final Premier League Table

lgeseason1.jpg

Champions league

Got to the Final where i faced Werder Bremen

Group Stage - http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6530/groupstage.jpg

1st KO Round - Ajax

(A) 1-1

(H) 3-0

Aggregate 4-1

Qtr Final - O Lyon

(A) 3-1

(H) 4-2

Aggregate 7-3

Semi Final - R.Madrid

(H) 2-2

(A) 2-2

Aggregate 4-4 won on pens 4-2 (nail biting stuff)

Final - Werder Bremen

(N) 2-1

Awards

Villa - Torres - Vargas - Champions League Best Player

Mexes - Vargas - Toulalan - Gerrard - Sanchez - Villa - Champions League Dream Team

Champions League Final

clseason1.jpg

Carling Cup

Got to the final were i faced Man U

3rd Round - W.Brom

(A) 1-0

4th Round - Newcastle

(H) 3-0

Qtr Final - Arsenal

(H) 3-1

Semi Final - Ipswich

(A) 3-0

(H) 0-0

Aggregate 3-0

Final - Man U

(N) 2-2 Lost 5-4 on pens

Carling Cup Final - http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6175/ccfinal.jpg

FA Cup Final

Got to the Final where i faced Arsenal

3rd Round - AFC Wimbledon

(A) 12-0

4th Round - Middlesbrough

(H) 5-0

5th Round - Wigan

(A) 2-1

6th Round Replay - Spurs

(H) 6-2 after a 2-2 draw at White hart Lane

Semi Final - Chelsea

(N) 1-0

Final - Arsenal

(N) 2-1

FA Cup Final

facupseason1.jpg

Transfers

Villa repaid his fee as did Aguero even though he didnt join until January all were good transfers as everyone performed well enough

tran.jpg

Shall post Squad Performance in next post

argh im in a dilemma... i brought kaka two seasons ago, and whilst he loves the club he just dont seem to fit my teams style which is abit wierd cos we play with style. now he has just turnt 30 and i have been offered 35million for him. i havent been able to play him much because he has been injured abit this season. i dont kno what to do lol. he still gets a 5star rating in the reports. hard choices!!

i don't feel so guilty about my spending now...£184m!

My central midfield with new signings is now: Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Bernardo, Feghouli and Gourcuff (plus the likes of Bounanotte and Ben Arfa who can play there)

out of the first four in that list (except stevie g obviously) who would you sell if any? i'd probably get £22m for Alonso and approx the same for Bernardo (keeps moaning), or £30m+ for Mascherano. i have to bare in mind that there are only two slots between all of them as Marquinhos, Srna, Guardado and Balotelli will play on the wings quite a bit.

or should i keep them all as i want to try and win the treble/quad.

lfc7 how did you start off with enough money to buy your first few signings??

oh yea i set a new record last season... in the prem i had a 2year win streak! :p

22.12.2010-01.01.2012

and a 70match unbeaten run! :p woo

I mentioned it in an above post about asking for more wage budget plus some of the deals like Villa and Aguero are over 24 Months so u only pay half of the fee upfront

hello everyone havent posted here for awhile now im back overseas im gonna kick butt again in FM 2009 b4 FM 2010 comes eout im starting a new game later on.

Welcome back glenn mate :)

just about to reach the end of the transfer window at the beginning of season two (9.3) and i have ended up with Benzema with the list of players in the post above. got him for £25m (read loads about him on the forums) after a bizarre negotiation from his club LOM (i think). his price was £34m so i offered 16 + 8m over 24 months. they came back with 44.5m and 1m over 12 months?!! so i went back with 24 + 1m over 24 months (no clauses!) and they bit my hand off. strange but pleased i got him as i had a feeling despite pre season that Kierrison was going to faulter.

I have won the first two games (Everton first game!) already and i'm unbeaten since i applied the piranha tactic with 10 games to go in the first season.

Guardado looks good up to now. i have given him a new position in his training to MR because he is very left sided. this won't effect his normal performance will it? do i have to actually play him there to get him to learn it properly? (i have winger swapping off and it's working)

will re do my squad and transfer screenshots tonight and post them tomorrow.

my spending is now 189m!! and i have got Paco Ayestaran back as a fitness coach...

Long time no see guys! =D

I have recently been taken over and guess what my Transfer budget is? wait for this! ......Two million. :|

Haha Welcome back mate :)

Ok guys, Im startin a new game with an updated db, Im gonna be playin this one a little different though. Im gonna be using the new rules that state you have to have 8 home grown players in your 25 man squad. any ideas who to promote from the reserves?

Insua becomes Homegrown in Aug in season 2 and am not sure but have a look at Nemeth apart from them 2 no - one has ever gone on to be a class player

Aint Dalla Valle and Pepper supposed to turn out good? In the db im using, They have also got Andre Wisdom who looks promising. What are your views on Spearing and Darby? Just signed James Milner for 11.5m

Also, Is Wilshere worth 19m?

Depends on what season you are in but in the long term i reckon he is worth that.

Spearing and Darby have never turned into decent players for me. Dalla Valle probably turns out best of the ones you've mentioned.

What season you in? Gourcuff turns amazing aventually i play him at AMC/R

Also guys I will be starting a new game over the weekend and it will be my last before FM10, I am going to use Chris's latest update but tweeking skrtel/Kuyt and superjew slightly so they are not a waste of space.

Any signings to recommend? Think the trasfer budget is going to be 12mil, so not much.

I will be playing a 4-2-3-1 system similar to barcelona

In the process of starting a game form 2015, just added a manager and went on holiday, up to 2012 at the moment, hope to have it ready to start saturday evening. havent had time to even put the pc on much during the week to allow the game to run. will let everyone know what the squad is like and as a few requested i'll see if i can put the save game somewhere for people to download

What season you in? Gourcuff turns amazing aventually i play him at AMC/R

Also guys I will be starting a new game over the weekend and it will be my last before FM10, I am going to use Chris's latest update but tweeking skrtel/Kuyt and superjew slightly so they are not a waste of space.

Any signings to recommend? Think the trasfer budget is going to be 12mil, so not much.

I will be playing a 4-2-3-1 system similar to barcelona

patch 9.03

season two.

i have Gourcuff learning MC (although he is already accomplished there) because i play 442. will that work?

Just started a new game using chris's new update, here a couple of screen shots, what do you think?

squadu.jpg

tacticj.jpg

transfersc.jpg

All my transfers were over 24 months which is why I spent so much, I started with a 12 mil budget but after adjustments went up to about 24mil.

I have changed insua's PA to -10 and skrtel and agger's to 180 which I think represents real life (un-biased of course :D )

I am re-training kroos to be a AMR to see what he can do as I have Gerrard and Aquilani as cm's with Camacho and Zucalini as back up.

What do you guy's think? any advice?

Archived