[FM18] - F.C. Jeunesse Canach - Youth Only Challenge in Luxembourg

Conndre3000

6 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Decent progress so far! :D 

Thanks!

I know this save is gonna be a long one. And I know I'm going to hit a wall at some point but I'm having a lot of fun so far. And I'm proud of my progress in 3 seasons. 

A quality first couple seasons with the resources and limitations you've set yourself.

I do enjoy the small european nation game, A good challenge and can unearth some tidy unknown lads. Finding the same in Albania at the moment.

Will fillow

20 hours ago, vara said:

A quality first couple seasons with the resources and limitations you've set yourself.

I do enjoy the small european nation game, A good challenge and can unearth some tidy unknown lads. Finding the same in Albania at the moment.

Will fillow

Thanks!

And yeah I enjoy the smaller European nations over something in Africa or Oceania because you can work yourself up to the CL

• 5 weeks later...

Bad new guys. I went on a 2 week holiday to the Caribbean without my laptop to "deprogram" and just enjoy the beach. When I came back I swiftly finished 2 seasons which I was about to post here when my save file got corrupted. I had the rolling autosave set to every 3 months but I never triggered it because I'm pretty paranoid and would save manually every few weeks. 

The problem is, I just kept overwriting the one save file so when it got corrupted I had no backups. :seagull: I've been playing FM since 09 and I've never had a corrupted save file so I didn't even think it would happen to me. 5 seasons and probably around 30-35 hours of gametime down the drain...

I've been so disheartened because this was the first long term save that I've really gotten into in so long. I haven't even been able to play FM at all lately. But I'm ready to get back into things and start another save. Except this time I will be MUCH more diligent about making backups. Do you guys have any suggestions on what my next long term save should be? 

I only really have two conditions for clubs to choose from: 

1. It is a second division club or lower. There's just something about getting promoted that adds to the long term saves for me.
  2. The club is from a country that's not in the Big 5 leagues in Europe but it doesn't HAVE to be in Europe. 
  3. If I do choose a club in Europe I want one that has a normal fall-to-spring schedule. 

I'm also still going to do youth only.  

Some ideas I currently have: 

• Barbados (I'm half Barbadian). Would be an interesting career with many steps. Would have to try to supplant Jamaican, Haitian, and Trinidadian clubs to win the Caribbean Champions League. If you win the Caribbean Champions league you gain entry straight into the Concacaf champions league. But 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of the Caribbean Champs league gains entry into a competition called the Concacaf league. Which is a 16 club tournament in which the winner also gets a spot in the Concacaf Champions league. Complicated, yes. But Claassen has does done an amazing job of replicating the process in his megapack. The only problem with this save is all the teams in Barbados are amateur ones and managing all the amateur contracts is a MASSIVE hassle that adds so much time to play sessions. 
  • Thailand. Never done an asian save. I'm interested in trying it out. Thailand has 3 full divisions and seems like a fun place to start. 
  • Less reputable African nation such as Ethiopia, Kenya or Tanzania
  • Cyprus. Try to supplant APOEL as the main domestic power in the country and bring the island nation to glory. 

Feel free to suggest other options!

Maybe Police (MSR)? For the first time in years the Montserrat Championship started to be played again and by far Montserrat has the weakest league in the Caribbean CL. Also would be interesting to see Police do something right for once :D Haven't seen anyone do a save in Montserrat either.

2 hours ago, Kubson said:

Maybe Police (MSR)? For the first time in years the Montserrat Championship started to be played again and by far Montserrat has the weakest league in the Caribbean CL. Also would be interesting to see Police do something right for once :D Haven't seen anyone do a save in Montserrat either.

Montserrat is a bit too small I think. The population is only around 5k. To put it in perspective San Marino's population is 33k. Plus the league only has 5 times so I think it would get old very fast. 

Awful when that happens mate! A good option would be Austria or Switzerland. Some really good potential there with 2nd tiers with decent sized teams (there are editors with lower leagues). I'm currently managing LASK Linz which is a lot of fun:

My two favourite saves were in those 2 countries

1 hour ago, mark1985 said:

Awful when that happens mate! A good option would be Austria or Switzerland. Some really good potential there with 2nd tiers with decent sized teams (there are editors with lower leagues). I'm currently managing LASK Linz which is a lot of fun:

My two favourite saves were in those 2 countries

I'm looking to go a tiny bit smaller than Austria and at the suggestion of the other comments in this thread I'm going to do Cyprus. Thanks for the advice though. I like the look of your Austrian career though and I've followed :)

1 hour ago, Sheriff7 said:

I have never see a Cyprian save here and i think you should do this and let us know the secrets of Cypriot football...:thup:

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Second vote for Cyprus.

Yeah I don't think I've seen one either so I'm gonna do it! First post will be up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'll post the link in this thread too.

Archived