The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

Read on a Rovers MB that someone apparently working for the Mirror said that the papers tomorrow will be reporting that Eidur is signing for Rovers for £6m. Heard anything?

And yes, I'm very much aware of how reliable that source seems, and I don't believe there's much truth to it, but still worth asking.

Some questions *if* this is indeed true: How highly would you rate him, as I haven't seen more than the odd game this season? Worth £6m? How well would he work with Bellamy?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

So, a roundup? icon_biggrin.gif

The silly season included some fairly silly stuff, naturally. Not least a few fans who were, shall we say, hopeful:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

CHOKE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by !Return of the Geordie One:

CHOKAGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Wasn't Arsenal's thread title like this last year and they failed to win it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although to be fair to David, he has the power of seeing into the future

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

I'm scared you'll take SWP off us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Martin, oh dear lad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nah you're a nice guy Moreclaw icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gregg showing he doesn't have David's powers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I predict that this thread might beat the previous record length for a chelsea thread of 40 pages for a season just by a whisker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Current count: 12 pages icon_frown.gif

but wait, do I have them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Ballack would be ***** because we have Lampard who does what Ballack does but about a million times better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our Father proving himself quite witty

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by Father Senegal:

To be fair to him he did purchase the premiership, which wasnt a bad buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and skybluedave wades into the predictions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skybluedave:

TBH Jose's tranfer record has been pretty lame. Will the same happen with Del Horno. I hear he's a bit overrated. And that's coming from Guilleme Balague. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, a very rare event knocks me for six. No, not a Kezman goal, but

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

**** me, a sensible post from Rob in a Chelsea topic icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although we get to the Kezman stuff eventually, but before that wycombe says what everyone thinks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

holy ****ing christ, please rot off andy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take heed Polack icon14.gif

So, the Kezman stuff...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

ok lets move this on by looking at peoples first reaction to the Kezman signing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

tee hee Kezman icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Kezman? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Herman Bloom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As I said in the other thread, bearing in mind the player's quotes about his choice of club, this does suprise me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Kezman's awesome. You wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree with Juni, I think Kezman will be a big success. Was very surprised to see him linked with Charlton, because with all due respect, he's a class above that right now.

Bugger icon_frown.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think the Kezman signing has the potential to be the making of the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the man himself before chelsea came in for him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> uefa.com: So what will you do next?

Kezman: Up to now I have followed my heart - now I want to be objective and realistic. My plan is as follows: I want to move to an middle-ranked English Premiership side, spend three seasons there, score a minimum of ten goals per season, qualify for one of the European competitions, and move as a proven player to Liverpool [FC], Manchester [united FC] or Arsenal [FC]. I will be 28 and ready. It was those clubs that suggested that - they said, 'Mateja, you are a good player, but you are not ready for the starting eleven'. If I were only chasing money, I would wait until my contract expires and move to a bigger club where I would see more action in the stands than on the pitch.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni again:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">£5.3m for Kezman is fffffffffffffffb icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kezman is fs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in response:

JamesM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wicom: You're wrong on that.

Very, very wrong icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni AGAIN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> \o/ icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> icon_biggrin.gif unless the "s" means super </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okkas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kezman will be awesome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni AGAIN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We've just bought Kezman - he'll be our scorer. If we get Drogba ( icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif ) then we don't need Morientes, despite my preferences..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in conclusion, i rule, you all such icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cav joins the ranks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Why would we want SWP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's followed a little later by one of shanyi's first posts, which a few people take issue with

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

E. Gudjohnsen (6), C. Cole (7)

that's when I stopped paying attention </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

oh yeah, Duff above Robben icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

even better icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ah, another fine addition to the ranks of Chelsea fans on the OTF icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do get something right eventually

Why? Essien addresses a need, SWP doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Jesus, doing this reminded me, Bicks /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bicks:

JT = Hard player

Makelele = soft player </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bicks:

Chelsea season ticket number 252549! Matthew Harding Lower, Block 10, Rov V, Seat 304

you need to check yourself before you reck yourself! you muggy little ****!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fortunately he wasn't around long

Looks like Essien's close, £23m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and so he was

Moving forward, we finally get into the season

What a bastard of a CL group eh? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We beat Spurs, again

1989 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will be a defeat on this page icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's good at this lark, although only because the thread moves slower than Robbie Fowler. On a good day.

Luke Moore bags £10,000 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for being the first to score past Cech this season. IT WAS THE SUN WHAT WON IT.

P 18

W 16

D 2

L 0

GF 42

GA 9

Pts 50

It's our away record since losing at Manchester City. Frighteningly awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did seem to have tempted fate though, Nick posted THREE icon_cool.gif smileys, nearly moving in on mark g's territory of smileys per post ratio.

Yeah, we lost at Old Trafford, but pressure:

"Pressure? Pressure is millions of parents around the world with no money to feed their children." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** 'em all

Cech > Valdes

Ferreira = Belletti

Terry > Oleguer

Gallas < Puyol (not by much)

ADH > Sylvinho

Makelele > Marquez

Gudjohnsen > Motta?

Lampard > Deco

Ronaldinho > Robben/Duff

Cole = Messi (produces more, not as talented but has been our best player this season)

Drogba < Etoo

We're basically gonna muller them, there's big key battles in there (Gallas vs Etoo, whoever marks Ronaldinho, and whoever Joe Cole gets to rape). Easy victory lads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giddier than a scouser.

No Lamps /o\ icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A record run ends icon_frown.gif

But, on December 28th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Champions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how.

Cav gets a bit worried, but Chris puts him in his place

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Why have we gone so rubbish? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're ****ing dire you really really are.

Get a bloody grip son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but still lets us know Villa were THIS CLOSE to beating us

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

I was being serious too. You were really dire last night icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh poor Smiffy icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

I wish we could beat Chelsea some day, it's been nearly two decades icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't believe the truth

Ballack denies deal with Chelsea

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially where we're concerned.

I went on a rant when we lost to Barca, it's not worth a recap though

Back to Spurs, we beat them again you know

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dee:

Super Willy G icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

16 32 21 11 0 74

Ballack a done deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See Cav, SEE?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwevi:

why is this thread so short compared to ther teams threads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, why indeed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

I really hate Drogba, the cheating cuunt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cottager:

couldn't hate drogba more really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

Drogba is the biggest **** in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless, I'm only giving you a mention because it's cute, and, well

CHAMPIONS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this time, it's confirmed

icon_cool.gif

me >> Cav </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE that fit you had at me.

• Administrators

He was the most regular youth teamer last year, made more appearances than anyone, sitting in front of the back four. Decent distribution, reads the game well, takes an excellent penalty, and seemed fairly mature.

You got any contract details etc you want doing when I get the Chelsea team file?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

I wish we could beat Chelsea some day, it's been nearly two decades icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This (formally excellent page topper btw) post was cruelly edited, therefore removed from evidence, and I would put that page of quotes into doubt imo

all fakes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> William Gallas is ready to buy himself out of the remaining year of his contract at Chelsea unless the Premiership champions agree to sell him within the next two weeks.

The move is allowed by FIFA rules, and according to The Independent would cost the 28-year-old French defender a cool £5million. He could then negotiate with other clubs.

It appears Gallas has decided to leave England and wants to test himself in either Italy or Spain - he has already narrowed the clubs he wants to play for down to either AC Milan, Juventus or Barcelona.

According to the paper Chelsea had been hoping to persuade Gallas to stay at the club with a pay rise, and his decision to leave is a big blow for Peter Kenyon and Jose Mourinho.

The player meanwhile is hoping an amicable agreement can be reached for his departure.

If Gallas does go, Chelsea's summer transfer plans will be affected as they'll need a left-back to replace him. According to newspaper reports they've registered an interest in Real Madrid's Roberto Carlos.

Another player apparently set to leave Stamford Bridge is Icelandic international striker Eidur Gudjohnsen.

The Icelander's father, Arnor, who also represents him, confirmed to The Independent: "We are still in contact with Chelsea about his future and hopefully by the end of the week we'll have clarification." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye big blow - the most consistently under-rated defender in the Premiership for the last few years. Given his constant frustrations at playing LB (although there are mixed stories surrounding that) and the fawning over JT (official player of the year again this season), when Gallas has more than matched him this year makes it thoroughly believable.

And not that it's an issue for Chelsea, but to get just 5mill for him is a disappointing return - if it was a transfer deal, even with 1 year only remaining, he'd still fetch at least double that......

We need to get another centre back in Gallas goes, Carvalho good but not great especially wen trying to get a good defensive unti, which sticks together. Huth simply isnt good enough.

For a replacement i would look at someone fairly young, Ledley King would be a good signing but i highly doubt he will leave Spurs.

Anyone see papers the other day about Shevchenko apparently telling the president of Milan that he wants to leave? Gallas plus money for Shevchenko?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

Although i suppose if Alex hasnt got a permit, i'd doubt Luisao could have one - unless he's got a portugese one. Heard great things about Kompany but hardly ever seen him play.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kompany and Vanden Borre looked nothing like as good as they are on FM icon_frown.gif I was devestated, but I did only see two games so maybe they just had off days.

Nooooooo Gallas icon_frown.gif If he is guarenteed to be going we should try and entertain a Gallas and cash bid for Shevchenko I reckon.

Who's this Alex chap?

Chelsea are apparently 'playing hard ball' (BBC website's words) over Gallas, saying he'll have to stay as long as he's under contract, which seems to slightly contradict Mourinho's 'no unhappy players' policy. Despite his obviously immense talents, if he wants to go I think we should let him. He'd just sulk and disrupt the changing room if he's forced to stay, and probably not play as well as he can do either. Looks like another close season of all change at the Bridge, according to The Times, Wright-Phillips could be on his way out on a year's loan quite soon. Doesn't look like Man C are willing to sell Daniel Sturridge, though.

Me, if Gallas is adament his decision to leave is purely for playing in a different league then i wouldnt stand in his way. Been AMAZING throughout his Chelsea career. The least Chelsea could do, handle it with some dignity on both parts.

If its because he keeps getting picked at left-back, id promise him centre-half and flog Carvalho. Not that i dont like Riccy, its just Gallas and JT just dont seem to concede.

22mil bid made apparently. Read that he's faked an injury and flown back to Argentina for treatment. I think the treatment is a multi million pound a year contract from Chelsea icon_smile.gif Better than Drogba but I can't see him fitting into a 4-5-1 formation as well as Drogba does so it could mean that we see the 4-4-2 of late more often next year. I preferred the football we played with a 4-4-2 so hopefully that's the case.

So our frontmen next season could feasibly be Tevez, Drogba and Shevchenko? We'll have to start playing two up front, there's no way any of them would accept ever being on the bench!

Lyon are supposedly prepared to bid £28m for Drogba. If they do, as much as I love him, making a profit on him would be incredible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely not, when you said that n another thread I was sure you were tacking the **** D

Why bother for Lyon??? They could do so much more with that money than Drogba, and I recognise that Drogba is a fantastic player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

I thought a deal with him and Arsenal was almost done? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. We showed interest, so his agent tried to forde something through. Our interest was fleeting to say the least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Guys,

In trying to win a signed Chelsea shirt on eBay I have accidentally won two, would anyone be interested in the spare for £75? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gone.

I've been thinking, you guys need to invest in some defenders big time or you're gonna turn into Real Madrid. Then I can see L'Arse or United doing a Barca.

If Gallas goes. Possible Bridge, Del Horno and Carvalho. Germemi too. You're left with Terry, Ferreira, Huth and Johnson pretty much. I think you'll need to sign at least 3 defenders. And I'm not talking about Roberto Carlos either.

So what formation will Chelsea be playing next year? From the last few months of the season just gone it looks like Jose might be ready to switch to the 4-1-2-1-2 system? Don't know if this would be quite so effective as the current 4-3-3 system, and it would leave the squad a bit unbalanced if winger's weren't really needed, although obviously Jose could switch between 4-2-2, 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2.

Thinking about the 4-1-2-1-2, and Chlesea's squad, their might be a way to combine them.

Cech

Ferreria Terry Gallas/Carvalho Del Horno

Makalele

Essien/Lamps/Ballack (2 of 3)

Robben/Cole

Drogba/Crespo A.N.Other

Obviously there are question marks over the future of Del Horno, Gallas, Drogba, Crespo and maybe even Robben, and their replacement's, but the system would utilise the abilities of Robben/Cole while still switching to 4-1-2-1-2. Obviously Essien and Diarra could also play at DM while Eidur (if he stays) could play either upfront or at AM.

Your thoughts?

Robben could always be deployed as a free runner up front, moving out wide and generally causing problems. So...

Cech

Ferreira, Terry, Carvalho, Del Horno (or Bridge, I hope)

Makelele

Lampard, Essien

Ballack

Robben, Drogba (Shevchenko?)

Archived