[suggestion] stadiums

chestermike

I fully acknowledge SI have their hands tied when it comes to modelling the stadium's accurately. Not only is it a licencing issue, but the pure amount of research to get tens of thousands of stadia correctly modelled would be an undertaking far too long winded to be practical. Especially since it would lead to few, if any, additional sales.

However I believe having accurate stadium and surrounding area models would increase the immersion for a lot of long term players, so here is my suggestion (It's not a new or original suggestion but I cant see it on the first few pages here)......put a stadium editor in the game and let the community do the work for you, just as you do with logos, face packs, additional active leagues etc.

Indeed. You could choose a bowl or sided. You could then select from a range of options per side. So one end might have a Kop, the other a small open-air standing end. One side might have a 2 tier and another a chicken run.

For a non-league side just have on half stand and three chicken runs. For a Southern European or South American club you could have a Kop at each end and medium stands on each side. For the biggest clubs you could have a bowl or a kop at each end and 2-teir stands on each side.

So many options and I can't believe that a modular approach to the stadium graphics should be too difficult.

On 22/07/2017 at 11:20, chestermike said:

I fully acknowledge SI have their hands tied when it comes to modelling the stadium's accurately. Not only is it a licencing issue, but the pure amount of research to get tens of thousands of stadia correctly modelled would be an undertaking far too long winded to be practical. Especially since it would lead to few, if any, additional sales.

However I believe having accurate stadium and surrounding area models would increase the immersion for a lot of long term players, so here is my suggestion (It's not a new or original suggestion but I cant see it on the first few pages here)......put a stadium editor in the game and let the community do the work for you, just as you do with logos, face packs, additional active leagues etc.

I quite agree with this. As an Aldershot Town fan it bugs me that the East Bank standing stand behind the goal is shown as two-tier when it is in fact one and also it is only the middle portion of the stands along the two sides that are seated, whilst the rest should be shown as standing areas.

10 minutes ago, chestermike said:

Aldershot? Not sure FM can model the 2 row temporary stand that goes 2 3rds of the length behind the goal, with a garden behind it......

Proper old ground, unlike a lot of the soulless wonders out there now. 

Its actually a four row stand with a total of 250 seats but I see what you are saying lol?!

I actually think in-game they have probably captured that stand quite well.

IMG_0076.JPG

10 hours ago, chestermike said:

I was only joking around mate, enjoyed my trips to Aldershot. Last time I was there that stand wasn't even there.

Didn't take it personally. You need thick skin if you are a fan of a lower league team. 😋

even if they cant get them realistic, you should at least have a set requirement for certain capacities. hate that Anfield doesnt even have corner seating in my save

then how can i be at capacity limit? why not just build in the empty corners :mad:

I think stadiums would be great, users could even add program stalls, scoreboards, floodlights.... it would be such fun.

Although the pinned post makes it clear sports interactive only want features that are the duty of managers, not chairmen. I think thats a pretty robust rebuttal of the stadium designer feature, perhaps just better models.

It slightly spoils the game for me that each stadium of a similar capacity looks broadly the same. I don't understand why it should be left to the game to decide what components make up a ground. Is it Boca Juniors that have 3/4 of a massive stadium, and a side with just a giant hoarding on it? We need bowls, 3 sided stadiums, large kop-like stands, 2 & 3 tier enclosures, running tracks, and multi coloured seating. I might not be speaking for everyone when I say that they don't need to be exact copies of their prototypes, but it'd be great to capture the feel of a grand old ground like, say, Ibrox, and then head off to the Emirates without them looking nearly identical. An editor for fans to create them (outside of a game) would suffice. We're not asking to design them in-game. It isn't an architecture simulator! Also, what about the ability to have banners with the club crest, and/or the nickname of a club on it? Maybe it could be on a plain background, or the national flag. Same with international games. What about having flags that say things like 'Stockport England supporters club' dotted around Wembley? Finally, on the subject of stadia, could each club have a small (editable) list of names for a new ground? Things like New <old ground name>, The <sponsors> stadium, <nearby town> road, or <local place> park? Managing QPR at the Stan Bowles stadium is okay, but not very likely in real life. 

Real companies can't be used for the stadium names of new stadia no, thanks to licencing laws. Would love to see the new stadia names as part of the editor though.....you could choose 3 alternatives and when the new stadium is built the game chooses one at random.

e.g. For Everton...

New Goodison

Stanley Park

Duncan Ferguson Arena

Then the game chooses one at random when the new ground is built.

• 3 months later...

Archived