Has the African Nations Cup ever made you want to jump off a very tall building?

Say a team had a whole squad of African players, and all of which were called up to the ACNs, even the reserves and youth team. What would happen then?

what's ACNs

why will you get a team full of african players unless u r in africa? if you are then the league will have no matches while the ANC is carried out

its annoying i always hope they fail to get out of the group stage but i never have more than 4 or 5 african players a good manager will work around and plan for this by getting players in on loan or using reserves or the youth. to be fair its not the biggest ballache

Whats ACN? Why don't you try and tell us?

ACN = African Cup of Nations

anyways, I don't see why some of you complaining about this issue. It is not like ACN would last like 3 months or something. It is just one month and in that time the highest number of games a team can play is 6 matches. So you saying you can not deal with those matches with out your african players? Some of the teams can not but thats a challenge. Plus as a manager you need to know which players are going to miss when ando so. So, you need to have a plan B.

Plus, it is not like every african player makes it to the final. Some of them are bound to come back after a week and half so would miss only 1-3 games.

ACF is played in January and you have got to deal with that. I don't want sound rude but seems like no body wants the game to be little challenging.

The question here is no matter how you whine what can you do? It's not something SIGAMES can control, it is up to the African Football Federation to decide. They think having the ANC in January floats their boat what can you do? Nothing.

He hasn't asked SI to do anything and doesn't expect anything to be done, he is just having a little whinge about something that has annoyed him.

what's ACNs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_African_Cup_of_Nations

Whats ACN? Why don't you try and tell us?

TS if by playing a computer game can make you want to jump off a building (doesn't matter tall or not) please go seek medical help. You really need it.

I doubt that he is about to throw himself off a building.

Also, what's ANC? :D

a good manager is one that is able to best utilize his available resources to win games. I doubt you fit the bill
TS if by playing a computer game can make you want to jump off a building (doesn't matter tall or not) please go seek medical help. You really need it.

Your posts have been fairly abrasive, to tell the truth. One can imagine that the intention of the original poster was not supposed to be taken literally but proverbially rather.

Returning to the subject matter, I personally like the general athleticism of African players and usually have at least one or two in my squads. But never to the point where I compromise a position when the Cup of Nations comes around.

He hasn't asked SI to do anything and doesn't expect anything to be done, he is just having a little whinge about something that has annoyed him.

I doubt that he is about to throw himself off a building.

Also, what's ANC? :D

That shows that he is has no forsight and only a cry baby when something doesn't go his way.

Oh I just saw the title which says African Nation Cup so I thought its ANC :o

South Africa has a totally different climate to the majority of the rest of the continent. It'll be cold in SA 2010. It'll actually suit the European nations more than the African sides. It'll be just like having the tournament in Europe.

Also, ANC can't be played in June because of the rain, not the heat.

The ANC doesn't bother me at all, if I have African players in my first team squad I make sure I have enough depth to cover for them, whether they're injured or on international duty. The ANC is just like having them injured for a few weeks.
ANC is also the African Nations Cup, but yeah, I was talking about the Congress :D

I tend to find my Mexican players disappearing at odd times for international matches at the same time as I have a league game (in Germany). It's irritating, but if you have an even remotely sensible sized squad it's not a huge problem. I never include extra African players (over and above those which get put into the large database) so I tend not to look to Africa for players - when I scouted there (in all the various regions) I apparently just gave my scout a 2 year holiday because he came back from each region telling me he had found no players before disappearing off for months to the next region!

in my Liverpool game a young DM got a shot in the first team due to 6 (!) DMs being injured and I was stubbon and didn't want to change my formation, he played like a demi-god and now sits on my bench

How do your players need to perform to be a first team regular? Like a full-blown god or something?? :D

Archived