Very Superstitious...

if i was winning by a tight margine i used to hold my breath so they wouldnt score lol

ok

you would die if you were 1-0 up 10 mins to go, and then had ~10mins of injury time

the opposition are just ATTACKING, so you would watch all 10mins

lol

------------------------

anyways

-for me it used to be pressing the arrow keys during a peno to decide where he should put it/keeper to dive

-put the screen on player ratings and watch key

-put mouse in gap between the bottom of menu, and top of subs etc (no hand thing, just mouse)

-pause the game after a person takes a penalty to decide if he scores or not

I never, ever try to go to my tactics screen when the opposition have the ball. I've made sure of that for as long as i can remember. The opposition normally scores if i do :p

Edit: And i never look at my oppositions strikers profile screen,before a match, as they normally score against me if i do.

I never, ever try to go to my tactics screen when the opposition have the ball. I've made sure of that for as long as i can remember. The opposition normally scores if i do :p

After Football Manager Live that's positively an obsession with me!

I always have a cup of tea for cup finals.

• 1 month later...

I put my mouse on the line when the opposition have a penalty. Y'know, to make the target smaller.

Also, during must-win games, my laptop is turned on its side, so that I am shooting downhill. I hope gravity actually has an effect :p

I never ever play with the exact same tactics I used before. So each match, I pick a saved tactic, then alter it slightly here and there. That AI ain't cracking my super duper tactics!

I always go and get a drink and something to eat at HT and muse over the first-half, think of ways to improve and then give the team-talk.

Then at FT I usually text or msn my mate to discuss what just happened and whether I'm happy with it or not. After that I press the space bar...

i have to sit with one leg over the other, but where the ankle of my right foot is resting on the knee of my self. But my right foot has to have a shoe on...

i forgot where this came from. :(

But damn is it comfy.

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm the new 'Community Officer' at FM. Inbetween playing FM09 (it's a hard life!) im also starting to knock up some articles for the FM website.

I got to thinking about all my superstitions I have while playing - my lucky slippers are looking a tad on the thin side these days - and wanted to throw it out to everyone else.

What superstitions do you have when playing FM? No need to be embarrassed at all, im sure most have us have some daft ones!

Never ever ever click on an opposition player when you're in a match to look at his profile. He will score past you if you do that.

I have the mouse cursor on the side of the screen im shooting at, so for example if im at home in the first half the mouse cursor would be in the top right of the screen where it is not visable, at home in the 2nd half it would be in the top left on of the screen... and vice versa for away games.

I have a mate as well who uses a "magic touch" where he will tap his laptop when his team gets close to the opposition goal, on my first try of this while playing fm08 with him it worked... i used it for a few months, didn't stick though.

Archived