DISRAELI GEARS - Knap FM17 Tactics - various formations

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems to be a great set of tactics, based on the feedback. I have been playing this game since CM93 however this year I decided to get the game to my Ipad and because of that I cant download the tactics. Is there any chance that someone could post screenshots of any tactic including team- and player instructions? I would love to try the narrow 4-2-3-1.

Cheers!

one thing I have found works well with these is to have 4141 on counter 4411 on standard and 4231 on attacking with tempo increased in the 3 slots. This gives you an ever increasing more attacking top heavy formation attacking more and more each time which gives options before and throughout the game but with the same underlying philosophy throughout. Works great for me anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering how important the 'get stuck in' instruction is as the amount of bookings and reds is bordering on the ridiculous now  (59 yellows and 6 reds in 21 games!). Clearly an unsustainable amount of bookings and something needs to change quickly.

Using variations of the 4321 formations.

I did a test a few FMs ago and found removing hard tackling did not make a massive difference in cards.   Mostly down  to player attributes and some roles such as BMW. I would first try taking hard tackling off players that get carded and perhaps if you have a good lead reduce tackling.

I assume you warn and fine players already.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody noticed any changes since the new fm update? It's a strange one as I know there were no ME changes yet the formation I've been using (knap4231) in 4 different saves seems to have started struggling. I'm just wondering if anything else in the patch could have affected it.

I was working on a few tactics just before update and the results with the same tactics dropped off after the update.

I have a 17.3 4231 I set up yesterday if you want to try that instead.

Just a mentality setting the runs are still attacking, you can actually win a lot of games with the contain TW tactic. If you try the contain mentality check the heat map!

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I'v noticed over the years that even playing a full game with a tw tactic vs bigger sides got some brilliant results and kept the ball better and always looked for the best pass. 

By the way have you anything that replicates the way Spurs sometimes play with Erikson and Alli just behind Kane?

That looks perfect. Have you a link? Has there been changes to the ME or have they made AI managers a lot better and Is it more of what SI advertised last summer with the User needing to change and adapt every game?

What are your own experiences? I felt after the 17.2 patch 4-1-2-3 was best but that seems completely wrong now

I had to delete out the FM dir to get new patch to load. I will test later

.I do use a TW but that is about all I change, apart from the fact that it is very difficult to use a standard squad and just use 1 formation .

A tactic that was winning easily turned into losing easily and now other formations are performing better than pre patch. Best formation pre patch was 3511 (3 at back with IWBs)

I know you test a lot and I'll let you get back to it, but how do you play the game yourself? Do you do long term saves, squad building, youth recruitment and such or is mostly quick games with different teams

My goal every patch is to win PL with Spurs using original squad.

I often do a few seasons in LL but in general FM has become more of a chore less fantasy, so just mess about with tactics. Mind you CIV is becoming the same having to grind out wins.

Haha Totally agree been playing these games over 20 years and they aren't as fun anymore but I wouldn't know what to do with myself without them.

Can only wish SI had some competition, just to see something completely different. I can actually remember a game from around 98/99 and the graphics were better. I also miss the days of Ultimate manager when you had a desk overlooking the pitch and teletext.

Anyway hope you get something close to Stargazing FM16 again, Truly was the first tactic in years that I loved watching..

I'm playing key highlights and it seems narrow in the extreme, but that's not to say it doesn't work as I'm 6-0 up half time away to Swansea (first time I've tried it from the start).

Wheres the wheel of fire tactic?

It is an attempt at the Spurs 3 at back tactic with Alli and Eriksen up front with Kane.

It is also made awkward in  FM as Davies in a WBL role.

Hey there knap! Big fan of your tactics!

I have two questions:

1. On 17.2.1. the best was with 3 at the back, which tactic do you think is the best with 17.3 ? Are we back to 4-3-3 (4-5-1)?

2. Are you going to post a rewcreation of WHEELS OF FIRE 3421 IWB Knap for 17.3 ?

Archived