DISRAELI GEARS - Knap FM17 Tactics - various formations

Just finished a whole season with Sunderland using your asymetric 4-1-2-2-1 and have to say it was very good. Scored a lot of different goals although the main assist route was from left back (van Aanholt - highest average rating in league!). The set peices are also good would suggest having 3 or more players back tho rather than the 2 as you can get countered pretty easily. I managed to finish 4th with a below average team and reach the F.A Cup final unfortunately losing to a strong spurs team.

Here is a few screenshots I have:

Aaron Blake_  Inbox.png

Aaron Blake_  Inbox-2.png

Aaron Blake_  Inbox-3.png

Arsenal v Sunderland_ Overview Overview.png

Chelsea v Sunderland_ Overview Overview.png

Crystal Palace v Sunderland_ Overview Overview.png

Premier League_ Overview Stages.png

Sunderland v Chelsea_ Overview Overview.png

Sunderland v Watford_ Overview Overview.png

Sunderland_  Overview.png

Sunderland_  Transfer History.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, knap said:

You were close to winning the PL, just 2 more wins.

Did you change the corner set up? if so I can try a run out on a test league.

I know mate defoe got injured for 2 months too so was using anichebe upfront and drew/lost a couple I reckon I would have won if I had him. The only thing I changed on free kicks & corners was moving a player set to go forward to stay back. I didn't get countered once after that and the corners & free kicks still created a lot of chances.

Play with 442 in Wolfsburg and reserve 4141. After half-season 4st position, game is suit.

A lot of players in Wolfsburg have low decisions, workrate etc, hope after winter transferwindow will be better and take medals.

Many thanks for your work , Knap!

Carrying on with my long-term save, I won the title with Internazionale in 2025/26 but immediately resigned when I got a news item saying the Schalke 04 manager had been sacked.
Even though I'm a Dortmund fan in the real world, I've kinda fallen in love with Schalke in FM due to winning my first ever Champions League title (since starting playing away back in FM05), and had to go back to rescue them. Naturally once I applied, the board didn't consider any other candidate.
It's started very well indeed (note that we've only conceded 2 goals in 14 league games):

Schalke26_zpsej79a3yc.jpg

My total achievements so far in this save, using Asymmetric almost exclusively:

Schalke27_zpsmpq1unpe.jpg

@fredda37 - if you're asking me, I honestly wouldn't know. I've tried some of the other formations but never liked the football they produced which is why I've went 10 and a half seasons of using asymmetric, and had great success too.

I've honestly built so many of my own tactics in every conceivable formation, as well as tried countless tactics from here and the Steam Workshop, but Knap's asymmetric is so far the only one that has delivered. I love it.

Used the 3412 IWB tactic with Bournemouth. 1st season I've had much success (finished 5th and won the EFL Cup, qualified for Europa League).

2nd season I brought in some players, but no big changes in my starting XI.

But the results in the Premier League have been terrible, while I'm crushing my opponents in the Europa League for fun... I just can't seem to turn it around.

Hi Knapp having great success with your paranoid tactic with Forest turned my season around was facing the sack had to pick up 9pts from 5 games and collected 11pts. 3 wins 2 draws 6-2 5-2 4-1 and 2-2 0-0. What do you recommend for training and match tactics

Best training is match time.

If a long term save, I would recommend Cleon's threads on training.

I use Ass Man so Match training changes which is what I would recommend, depending on opposition

10 hours ago, knap said:

I use Ass Man so Match training changes which is what I would recommend, depending on opposition

Cheers  i mean this 

20170107195758_1.jpg

11 hours ago, knap said:

Can you give me a link to this please

7 hours ago, knap said:

Ass Man mid season. Should be in discussion sextion but website is - sisportscentre

Manchester City_  Team.png

Cheers for that  picture wise as for the discussion sextion can you point me in the right direction.

Ps During the game do you change anything  from strategy and style depending on the score at the time

cheers

On 1/14/2017 at 13:16, knap said:

Ass Man mid season. Should be in discussion sextion but website is - sisportscentre

Manchester City_  Team.png

Cheers for that  picture wise as for the discussion sextion can you point me in the right direction.

Ps During the game do you change anything  from strategy and style depending on the score at the time

cheers

20170115210245_1.jpg

20170115210305_1.jpg

There is a TW tactic in strange Brew.

I do not change tactics for bigger teams. You could try the Warpigs tactic tested with West Ham which is a narrow diamond.

I leave training to Ass Man.

Archived