The 7th Annual FMCU Awards - Voting

deltablue

Voted. I had quite a bit of difficulty finding a "newcomer" other than myself, but I went with hazeofspades, seemed to have a decent career going. Will we be informed after the awards end if we got any votes? Would help.

Thanks for your votes. For each award I announce a list of nominees (essentially everyone who got a vote for it) before revealing the winner. I myself really wanted to see if I was at least a contender for awards in the past rather than simply knowing that I didn't win which is why I like to give more information.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 08:25, deltablue said:

Thanks for your votes. For each award I announce a list of nominees (essentially everyone who got a vote for it) before revealing the winner. I myself really wanted to see if I was at least a contender for awards in the past rather than simply knowing that I didn't win which is why I like to give more information.

I can second this. I remember last year I was more chuffed with the nomination I got than the award I won.

It just helps spread the love anyway. Any sort of recognition is great because there is an awful lot of work gone into some of the threads in here.

[Edit]

In fact, I was so keen that I settled down with a bottle of beer (or 2), on hand to enjoy the awards ceremony last Sat night. It took me about 5 mins to realise I might be in for a long wait. ?

45 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

In fact, I was so keen that I settled down with a bottle of beer (or 2), on hand to enjoy the awards ceremony last Sat night. It took me about 5 mins to realise I might be in for a long wait. ?

Come on, that was just an excuse to have a beer.

Will we have a separate thread or are you going to continue on this one?

This is the first occasion that I might be able to stay awake throughout the entire event (because of the time difference and not due to any lack of excitement).

5 minutes ago, DB08 said:

Will we have a separate thread or are you going to continue on this one?

This is the first occasion that I might be able to stay awake throughout the entire event (because of the time difference and not due to any lack of excitement).

Well, this thread specifically has the "voting" tag on it, so I'd imagine we'll see a separate thread pop up in the next couple of minutes. Drink some caffeine!

Archived