Fixture congestion

I thought you were going to show actual congestion.  That's absolutely 100% normal, and if you're struggling with depth of squad, that's poor management.

There have been cases where clubs are playing three games in three days in other countries in FM - that's a problem.  This isn't.

tbh i have never had this in fm16 its not been that bad however i am managing and im not amazing at the game still 4 out of 7 defenders were injured i promoted carter vickers and hes done a solid job so far and its not been as bad at first thought ive won 2/3 for this so far and have been changing up the formation 

I agree it does look normal my tiny gripe is player condition, I feel like it takes players more than it does in real life to recover to 90% or more.

If you have a champions league game during the week and league game at the weekend in my opinion you would struggle to play the same starting 11 in FM, as about 90% of your players will be at 60% or below in terms of condition come half time.

In real life most teams would make only 1-2 changes and I wouldn't say the players look like they are absolutely knackered come the end of the 2nd game.

3 hours ago, Dharcness said:

Put your training workload as light

This isn't a good long term solution as it will result in more injuries as your player's won't be well prepared for the matches.

In the short term its an idea but rests in short bursts is probably easier as you have to remember to return the training workload to a normal setting.

15 minutes ago, facman said:

Stop training Fitness and move it to Balanced, you should see your players recover more quickly.

This shouldn't make a difference for the OP as all training fitness does is focus training on the physical attributes resulting in bigger gains in those areas combined with potential losses in other attributes (Mental & technical).

15 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

This isn't a good long term solution as it will result in more injuries as your player's won't be well prepared for the matches.

In the short term its an idea but rests in short bursts is probably easier as you have to remember to return the training workload to a normal setting.

Never had any problems with injuries with training workload as light during a hectic schedule. In fact, making your training workload as medium and above during hectic schedule will result in your players getting injuries.

Reducing the intensity of general team training shouldn't be having any impact  on how prepared players are for matches,

This shouldn't make a difference for the OP as all training fitness does is focus training on the physical attributes resulting in bigger gains in those areas combined with potential losses in other attributes (Mental & technical).

It should see a slight benefit as the other training focuses are less physically demanding & it also reduces the likelihood of training injuries.

5 hours ago, Barside said:

Reducing the intensity of general team training shouldn't be having any impact  on how prepared players are for matches,

Its a long time since I saw anyone try to study it, maybe around the time Lyssian did the personality stuff so 2007/8? but the outcome at the time was too little training increased injuries in a similar way to too much training (Maybe not quite as much though).

I suspect low training long term led to lower fitness so players were going into matches not fully fit (Similar to pre-season) which led to increased injury risk but I can't be certain.

Maybe things have changed as well in newer versions and we also now have actual numbers for match fitness & match sharpness to help manage fitness levels.

5 hours ago, Barside said:

It should see a slight benefit as the other training focuses are less physically demanding & it also reduces the likelihood of training injuries.

Is that from "insider" knowledge from your SI time or just from playing?

My understanding of the training is that CA points are "earned" with playing time/performance, professionalism & ambition being the main driving factors.  Coaches workload also plays an important role but maybe with allocation rather than the earning.

Once earned the points are allocated to attributes with the training focus simply altering the ratios, fitness pushing more earned points towards the physical attributes leaving less for technical & mental attributes whereas balanced allocates the earned points evenly across all attributes.

8 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Its a long time since I saw anyone try to study it, maybe around the time Lyssian did the personality stuff so 2007/8? but the outcome at the time was too little training increased injuries in a similar way to too much training (Maybe not quite as much though).

I suspect low training long term led to lower fitness so players were going into matches not fully fit (Similar to pre-season) which led to increased injury risk but I can't be certain.

Maybe things have changed as well in newer versions and we also now have actual numbers for match fitness & match sharpness to help manage fitness levels.

I seem to also recall that the old slider training didn't like low intensity regimes although that might have been a confirmation bias as I'd usually set injury prone players to such a workload, boy am I glad that approach was ditched. Best decision SI ever made IMHO,  

8 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Is that from "insider" knowledge from your SI time or just from playing?

My understanding of the training is that CA points are "earned" with playing time/performance, professionalism & ambition being the main driving factors.  Coaches workload also plays an important role but maybe with allocation rather than the earning.

Once earned the points are allocated to attributes with the training focus simply altering the ratios, fitness pushing more earned points towards the physical attributes leaving less for technical & mental attributes whereas balanced allocates the earned points evenly across all attributes.

Your understanding is correct but the module does factor in what the players have to do in training so a fitness focus means more time spent pushing weights or doing aerobic conditioning which introduces a new group of possible injuries that have a greater chance of triggering as a player's general condition drops.

There is  long term benefit that a squad you've worked hard on their fitness can cope better when the schedule gets busier & that's more than just working them like Para's them during 5 weeks of pre-season, tbh I don't think it's all that necessary either as I felt that players recovered too quickly after a match so a CL QF schedule of Sun-Wed-Sat-Tue-Sat is enough for any player that isn't Ledley King & even at very low condition levels players are no more prone to lapses in mental judgement than they are at peak condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived