Nicknames?!?!?!?!?!?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wings69:

...Also when youth players come up, any that look particularly good I can use it to make a note of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use notes for that ... Tagged FREDs and discipline, in case I forget I warned someone earlier ...

I use them to change Brazilian regens from their enormous real name into something more manageable.

I also change some Spaniards, depending upon how many Lopez Gomez's I can put up with in my squad.

I've also been known to nickname young superstars I find who are in the initial game database to something else, so that I can find them in another game without remembering they were good. The Brazilian Name Generator is blinding for this. I had a defender called Borgincha for so long I've no idea who he really was.

And, of course, for just renaming players I dislike into something more befitting my opinion of them.

It's quite useful

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Dos Leite Santos Amid"

"Leto"

"Leto"

"Kelon"

"Kerlon"

I mean seriously. With all those guys in your team you'll have a couple of really confusing training session

"Oy Kerlon! Get over here, You too silva. Not you! No.. not you Kelon, Kerlon! Bloody hell... Would you get over here Silva? NO the other one... Cripes I give up... Assistant take over..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dregganor:

I have trouble remembering which of my regens show potential, so I usually change their nickname to something like "HighPotentialMid" so I won't forget </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's what i do icon_smile.gif

every year i ear mark a few youth players to keep an eye on so i give them a middle name '(star)'

especially when you =get the regens and you can't remember the names of the good players

john (star) smith

is easy to spot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

It's quite useful

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Dos Leite Santos Amid"

"Leto"

"Leto"

"Kelon"

"Kerlon"

I mean seriously. With all those guys in your team you'll have a couple of really confusing training session

"Oy Kerlon! Get over here, You too silva. Not you! No.. not you Kelon, Kerlon! Bloody hell... Would you get over here Silva? NO the other one... Cripes I give up... Assistant take over..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

That made me chuckle.

My massive Romanian Target man earned the nickname 'Big Show', due to his 194cm height and his wicked jumping ability. Other than that, My tiny Mexican fast striker has been dubbed Rey Mysterio and my psycho goalkeeper is officially 'The Undertaker'.

On my Indian save, I was playing a few pre-season friendlies to sort the wheat from the chaff in my team, and my keeper (Rajat Dastidar) first touch of the ball in his first game for the club was a rubbish free-kick which hit the guy standing a few metres away, and he poked it in. He followed this up by punching a corner into his own net and then kicking an opponent to get sent off. He earned the title 'Rajat Disaster' from then on. :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

It's quite useful

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Silva"

"Dos Leite Santos Amid"

"Leto"

"Leto"

"Kelon"

"Kerlon"

"Oy Kerlon! Get over here, You too silva. Not you! No.. not you Kelon, Kerlon! Bloody hell... Would you get over here Silva? NO the other one... Cripes I give up... Assistant take over..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real life most of them are known among themselves by nicknames so this problem wouldn't really occur.

Ex: Famous Brazilian player Júnior (Leovegildo Lins da Gama Júnior) is/was known among his friends (including some Flamengo players) as Léo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Nicknames? Screw that, I wonder if anyone even uses that "notes" option. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For mentoring. After a players been mentored(whether success or fail), I make a note so I don't use the same mentor again by accident.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

When I managed in Iceland all the names looked the same so for the first time I used the nickname tool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely if you are managing in Iceland all the staff would be wearing name badges!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TSmith91:

My massive Romanian Target man earned the nickname 'Big Show', due to his 194cm height and his wicked jumping ability. Other than that, My tiny Mexican fast striker has been dubbed Rey Mysterio and my psycho goalkeeper is officially 'The Undertaker'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Following the WWF/E theme, I renamed my AssMan Billy Gunn.

I also had a young defender who was a whiny little bugger who wouldn't sign a new contract, so I renamed him Scumbag.

Fittingly, he chose to move to Chelsea.

its a feature i rarely use but would be pretty annoyed if it went. useful in situations with people with incomprehensible names ie i had a player called Ruslan Nigmatulin or something and i didnt fancy reading that all the time so he becam Ruslan (weird having a russian with a brazilian esque nickname i guess)

I like this renaming people to represent ca/pa, regens and coach attributes / scout knowledge - could be handy but i wouldnt like looking at a world full of "Scout ArgBra a18p20" and "Coach a19d14"

For the regens i use the notes feature and just check my notes every 6 months if i need to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jibsa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dregganor:

I have trouble remembering which of my regens show potential, so I usually change their nickname to something like "HighPotentialMid" so I won't forget </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet you were popular at school.

Hi its me InfluentialCentreHalf. Are you coming out to the roller disco?

Nah me and PromisingYoungLeftBack are going to see Independence Day at the Apollo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great work, Jibsa, that made me laugh out loud. Yes, i Lol'ed! Not only was the attack funny, it was ualso unnecessary, which made it funnier.

Archived