[Discussion] Skill moves

Egecann

I guess there is a hidden ppm called 'tries tricks' or something like that but i didn't see a player who does skill moves in a match. It would be nice to see Quaresma scores with trivela or Neymar humiliates his opponents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chocolatecoatedballs said:

I thought flair was the 'mental' part of it, denoting their compulsion/readiness to perform a trick and the technique stat would denote how well they could do it.

It's under Mental attributes, so yes it is. He'll need the technical ability to pull off whatever it is that he's trying.

1 hour ago, chocolatecoatedballs said:

So it woulg be cool to see a visual representation of technique, I don't think I have seen even a nutmeg?

With Mo-Cap animations being added every year, I'm sure we're not far off from seeing these skill moves in the game. I don't think there are any real animations showing it currently, but you do see dribbles past players. So it does happen, the animation just need to show it better and add that bit of flair. 

No you do not see it happen, you see a guy take the ball and totally bypass the midfield (dribbling?), with no one tackling - just jockying??????????????

What if the midfield actually played a part, there was a real midfield battle and a guy nutmegs his defender, does a brazilian turn on the next to strike a goal on the edge of the box. Or a player nutmegs the defender but the Am closes him down, pinches the ball, passes to the right wing, he crosses to the striker who hit's the post, but the AM is running forward and scores the goal.

I would rather watch that.

8 minutes ago, chocolatecoatedballs said:

No you do not see it happen, you see a guy take the ball and totally bypass the midfield (dribbling?), with no one tackling - just jockying??????????????

What if the midfield actually played a part, there was a real midfield battle and a guy nutmegs his defender, does a brazilian turn on the next to strike a goal on the edge of the box. Or a player nutmegs the defender but the Am closes him down, pinches the ball, passes to the right wing, he crosses to the striker who hit's the post, but the AM is running forward and scores the goal.

I would rather watch that.

Sometimes the midfielder attempts a tackle, but the ball carrier 'rides' the challenge and skips past, other times you'll see a sort of jockeying, before the player goes past. That's his dribbling being good enough that there's no tackling opportunity.

15 minutes ago, chocolatecoatedballs said:

the whole midfield is redundant, it would help a lot in tactics if it didn't avoid the midfield. I see it as a way to game FM, but I would rather a real midfield battle, atm it all goes down the wings, how realistic is that?

there is no skill, just the same old English stuff.

That's not in any way constructive, on topic or even accurate. Let's rather keep ON topic  -  animations.

I don't think the current 3d match engine can give us those sort of things - totally agree though with the above  - if you have a wonder kid or world class player I want to be able to see them do wonderful and world class things not just run past a defender and shoot lol..... Lets hope the 3d match engine gets some serious loving soon as the create a manager screen shots that many reviewers showed people online really showed up how poor the graphics are and I think did a lot of damage to potential customers like me who when I saw it then didn't buy the 2016 edition settling instead to get it on my tablet for a fiver in sale.................I'm not very old school - I don't want to watch text commentary or 2d matches I want great 3d graphics as close as possible to fifas and to watch a exciting match.................and why not? even basic pc hardware now can handle amazing graphics - hell my old laptop is 5 years old and handles company of heroes fine so yeah I cant see why we cant have a 3d engine that really shows off the differences between players skill levels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived