Unwanted new stadium

I am at Middlesbrough, it's 2026 and my board have just told me that they are replacing my 34,166 capacity 1995-built stadium with a new stadium of capacity 28,129.  So they are getting rid of a stadium that's only 30 years old and spending millions and millions on a smaller stadium?  

Thanks for nothing.

3 hours ago, hluraven said:

It's most likely due to expansion capacity, your old stadium is presumably at or close to it, the new one will be much higher.

Still seems strange to build a stadium that's not at least the same size as the previous one, don't you think?

On 28 July 2016 at 11:55, Shenmue-X said:

1990's Delle Alpi was bigger than new Juventus Stadium. I believe you will have better incomes with this stadium for whatever reason.

Juve didnt didn't own the Delle Alpi and did they not ground share with Torino? They now own their own smaller stadium

3 hours ago, Pipster said:

Juve didnt didn't own the Delle Alpi and did they not ground share with Torino? They now own their own smaller stadium

Juve were the first Italian club to own their stadium IIRC, and their supporters (not sure about Torino's but likely to share this sentiment) hated the Delle Alpi anyway because of the running track.

I dont think it works very well this year. My board built a stadium smaller than the original and its potential capacity kept growing every year. It started off as a 2.5k stadium with a potential of under 10k, and eventually grew to a 21k stadium.

Archived