The Luton Revival - Sign up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys.

Hope I haven't been kicked out or anything.

Moved house like 2 weeks ago or something and haven't had any internet cause we switched to sky from vmedia and finally we've got everything to set up and wahey.

Hey guys.

Moved house like 2 weeks ago or something and haven't had any internet cause we switched to sky from vmedia and finally we've got everything to set up and wahey.

I moved into my house almost 2 years ago, and I still remember what a hassle it was getting everything done. Not something I'd want to again unless I had to.

Anyway, I got 09 in the post yesterday, and it's ****ing brilliant. :thup: 3D match engine kicks so much arse...

May 12/13 Key Matches and Events

Champions League Semi Final Leg 2: Luton 5-1 Barcelona

Barcelon are having a confidence crisis, with almost the whole team on OKAY or POOR morale, this has been brought on by a run of 6 games with out a win. Messi is still injured and Pique is suspended.

37m. It is a tense battle, Luton are slightly the better side, but Barca have had a penalty appeal turned down after Stig played the player and the ball in the box. Milito goes down in the box injured after a tackle on Dawson and is taken off injured.

43m. They give too much time and space to Hopper in midfield and he dribbles to the edge of the area and unleashes a rocket of a shot into the top left corner. 1-0 Barca still only need a goal to progress.

48m. A second for the Hopster! Kah gets the ball out wide and takes it into the box, his shot is deflected and falls to Hopper who volleys it into the net. 2-0

50m. Nakano of all people gets the third goal, he is hanging out at the edge of the area when a bullet of a free kick from Hopper rebounds off the wall and lands at his feet. Nakano takes a few steps to control it before firing across the GK to record his first goal of the season. 3-0

67m. Jones weights a through ball perfectly for Haowan and he takes the ball into the area and slots it low into the far side of the net. 4-0

91m. Huntler beats Holt to get a late goal for Barca. 4-1 They only need to score another 3 in injury time to progress now.

93m. Hopper pounces on a rebound to get his Hat Trick. 5-1

Hopper is MoM and Luton will face Milan in the final of the Champions League!

Haowan picked up a calf strain in the closing seconds of the match and is out for 3 weeks.

League: Tottenham 3-2 Luton

The importance of this game can not be overstated, a win here gives Luton their first ever League title, while a draw or lose takes it to the last game.

1m. Sinama-Pongolle gets an early goal for Spurs, he looked slightly off side when he received the cross, but you can't fault his finishing. 1-0

13m. A goal kick from Spuckler clears the defence and is chased down by Dawson, his shot form the edge of the area takes a deflection off the sliding Squillaci to get past Gomes. 1-1

35m. Soder's corner finds Holt lurking at the near post to head it in. 1-2

60m. A clearance falls to Ribery 25 yards out and he slams it past the out of position Spuckler. 2-2

72m. Ribery fires in another goal from the edge of the D, both Tottenham strikers were at least 2 yards off side, but the goal is allowed to stand. 3-2

Luton were played of the pitch in that second half, bloody annoying, it felt like the game just wanted to take the season to the last day as nothing I could do improved the teams performance in that second half.

Arsenal play on Sunday and unsurprisingly win their game, Luton now need a win or a draw on the last day.

League: Luton 5-0 Wigan

So the whole season boils down to this 90 minutes, a win or Draw here and Luton are the League Champions. In the 7 previous meetings between these sides, Luton have won 4 and drawn 3. A loss for Wigan relegates them. Arsenal have a meeting against Newcastle at home.

17s. A great passing start ends in Kah receiving the ball on the right of the area and slotting it past the keeper. 1-0

2m. Kah gets a second when Dawson spots his run in from the wing and Kah blsts it past Kirkland. 2-0

13m. Soder has picked up a knock, he wil have to be replaced at half time.

21m. Arsenal are winning 3-1, but it matters little while Luton are ahead.

37m. Dawson gets free of the defenders in the area and Nakano passes to him. Dawson scores from a few yards out. 3-0

48m. Blanco heads in a Crawford free kick. 4-0 The Luton fans are singing we are the champions.

61m. Arsenal are up 6-1.

77m. A second for Blanco as he hammers in the balled punched out by Kirkland after a Hopper shot. 5-0

Kah is MoM as Luton win the Premier title!

Soder has a twisted knee and is out for 3 weeks.

Kah and Dawson make the team of the season.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal 4-3 Luton

The FA cup final, Luton are looking for a second successive victory while a victory for Arsenal would give them their 3rd win in 4 years.

12m. Holt trips Adebayor in the box and a Penalty is awarded. Adebayor steps up and scores. 1-0

16m. You have got to be joking, another penalty from a Stig foul on Adebayor, Adebayor gets his second. 2-0

28m. Hopper pulls one back for Luton with a fierce curling shot from outside the area. 2-1

43m. Adebayor has a hat trick, no one bothers to mark him and he heads a Fabregas ball forward into the net. 3-1

49m. Amelia can only parry a Blanco shot but Dawson gets his foot to the rebound to knock it over the line. 3-2

78m. Come on! Haowan fires in a shot from 20 yards out. Amelia never had a chance. 3-3

94m. In the last seconds of extra time, van Persie fires a ball into the net from about 30 yards out. 4-3

Robbed! Those two penalties cost Luton dear.

UEFA Champions League Final: Luton 4-1 Milan

Luton have beaten Milan in the last two encounters, but after the disappointment of the FA cup final Gazza has made several changes, the team is made up of the players with the highest rating.

45m. Milan have battered the Luton goal, but it is Luton who score when Haowan heads in Crawford corner. 1-0

72m. Hoppers 25 yards shot takes a deflection to wrong foot the keeper. 2-0

75m. Luton fail to clear a Ronaldinho corner and in the scramble Pato stabs the ball past Page. 2-1

77m. Kah puts a cross into the far post and Diakite tries to shield the ball from Haowan but knocks it into the goal insead. 3-1

87m. Proctor heads in a Crawford corner. 4-1

Luton win the Champions League, Gazza is over the moon. Page wins MoM for holding off that early Milan onslaught.

Gazza enters the English hall of fame in 10th place.

Match Confidence

First team Squad

Goal of the Month

Jones is Premiership Young Player of Month

Premiership Player of Month

Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Ex-Luton player watch

Frith at Juventus

Loan Player watch

None

Hey guys.

You are still in, ironically you posted a day or so before the cut off point when I check who has posted. Good to have you back.

Anyway, I got 09 in the post yesterday, and it's ****ing brilliant. :thup: 3D match engine kicks so much arse...

Stop tempting me.

just 2 points needed only problem is we haven't drawn a league game yet. kutgw.

And we didn't all league season, how weird is that?

What a season!! and what a month. 5-1 against Barca. Then we win the premiership. (Then we lose to ARsenal in the FA cup, but we shall not mention that), and then we win the Champions League with a massive 4-1 victory over Milan. Awesome stuff Lambsy :thup: Next season we'll have to win everything.

Injured again, whats going on.

Anyway, the treble here we go! Arsenal have been might arch nemesis several times in 08, so no suprise to keep that up.

Should be able to keep hold of our players now, we should have enough rep to compete with the best but how the hell have Zaragoza got 9700? I've never managed to get a team above 9100, figured it would take several CL wins in a row to get up there.

KUTGW!

Should be able to keep hold of our players now, we should have enough rep to compete with the best but how the hell have Zaragoza got 9700? I've never managed to get a team above 9100, figured it would take several CL wins in a row to get up there.

KUTGW!

I will post up their history when I start the game up as I am interested as well.

League history:

2008 they won the B division.

2009 and 2010 they won the A division!

2011 2nd

2012 3rd

2013 1st

The Copa del Rey

Winners 2012 and 2013

Champions league and UEFA cup

We knocked them out this season in the first knock out round apart from that they have done nothing in Europe.

In fact they are down in 44th position on the European coefficients while Luton are 18th.

So I have no idea how they have such a high rating!

What a season! A last day Premiership win, and a whooping of Milan in the Champs League Final. :cool:

Good to see that Sanchez had his first season with an average rating of over 7.00, winning the Turkey award last year must have given him the kick up the arse he needed.

KUTGW :thup:

With Zaragoza they wouldn't have been expected to win the league the first time (and possibly the second) so the reputation boost would have been huge. This coupled with the fact, in my experience, Real Madrid and Barcelona start to weaken after 3/4 seasons spending a few season as mid-table sides before getting strong again in later years as the strengh of their regens kicks in.

Robert Dawson

Mini scout ratings of FC 78(+4), AMC 78(+4), MC 75(+4)

CA 175 (+15)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Dawson still has PA to develop but unless it slows down he will be full next season.

Robert Jones

Mini scout ratings of DL 72(+5), WBL 69(+8) and DR 69(+5)

CA 161 (+12)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Not a good season for Jones who needs to improve if he is going to perform in the league.

Claudio Sanchez

Mini scout ratings of MC 74(+2), DM 80(+2), DC 82(+3), DL 78(+3), WBL 75(+2), ML 73 (+3)

CA 169(+10)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Sanchez played a lot on the left this season and was impressive, he has a long to go in his development and could actually fail to reach to his potential.

Jonathan Soder

Mini scout ratings of 78(+3)

CA 177(+11)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Soder still sucks, he needs to improve his work rate and teamwork to be a class striker.

Cletus Spuckler

Mini scout ratings of GK 74(+4)

CA 162(+10)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

An average season for Spuckler in a year when the team conceded a lot of goals.

Ricky Nakano

Mini scout ratings of DC 80(+2), SW 80(+2), DL 72(+3), WBL 70 (+2), DR 72 (+2), WBR 70 (+2)

CA 176 (+7)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Nakano made a huge 12 mistakes this season but still managed his highest rating in a long time.

Paul Holt

Mini scout ratings of MC 68(+4), DM 74(+3), DC 79(+3)

CA 165(+12)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Captain Holt did well this season, mistakes not with standing.

Madridstas Haowan

Mini scout ratings of FC 81(+2), AMC 82(+2), MC 76(+1)

CA 177 (+6)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Haowan is still a world class player, yet he still has not had an international call up at any level.

Craig Hopper

Mini scout ratings of MC 76(+2), AMC 74(+2)

CA 170(+7)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Another great season for Hopper which was marred by an long injury.

Mat Frith

Mini scout ratings of MC 77(+4), DM 79 (new), DC 83(+4)

CA 176(+11)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Frith left us for Juventus, the traitor, he is currently happy there and not interested in returning.

Theo Stig

Mini scout ratings of MC 72(+0), DM 75(+4) DC 79(+2)

CA 169 (+4)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

A tiny increase this season for Stig who is a great player for his age.

Tom Crawford

Mini scout ratings of AMR/L 77(+3), MR/L 72(+3)

CA 176(+10)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Another great season from Crawford.

Tom Proctor

Mini scout ratings of DC 81(+5)

CA 179 (+13)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Looks like most of our defenders made mistakes this season, but Proctor was the best of them all.

Jonny Dean

Mini scout ratings of 71(+5), 66(+4), 65(+4)

CA 151(+17)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

How ironic, Dean finally starts to mature as a player and his owner stops posting. He will be marked with an asterisk and moved off first team duty next season if he does not post.

Bill Delgado

Mini scout ratings of WBR 70(+3) RB 73(+3) DC 77(+4)

CA 165 (+13)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Another steady season of growth for Delgado, I need to add DM to his positions as the formation I play forces the wide defenders there.

Tom Smith

Mini scout ratings of AMC 70(+3) MC 75(+3) DM 75(+3)

CA 167(+11)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Another solid if unspectacular season from Mr Reliable.

Samuel Page

Mini scout ratings of GK 74(+3)

CA 164 (+11)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Page was only slightly better than Spuckler this season, but the whole defence leaked goals.

Jason Kah

Mini Scout rating: FC 72(+3) AMC 75(+3) MC 75(+3) AMR 74(+3) MR 73(+3)

CA: 156 (+13)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

Kah did a great job on the right of midfield in a position which is now his.

Cristobal Blanco

Mini Scout rating: FC 79(+10) AMR 70(+10)

CA: 170(+15)

Positions

Personal

Transfer

Stats

A great season for Blanco who got 3rd in the goal scoring chart.

Sorry for no posting recently... have had a very tough week at work and next week will probably be the same.. Still can't believe that I scored 44 goals and am probably going to get absolutely no votes for forward player of the year... Please sell Haowan (jokes)...

TREBLE!!!!!!!

If this has taught me anything is the importance of workrate for a striker :). I should be better than I am but its been a good learning experience. I've had an absolute rubbish season, injuries and generally playing awful.

Anyway, looking forward to next season, it can only go upwards from here. Will you indicate when we've hit max CA or do we have to guess?

Also weird that I've been in England long enough to have citizenship, but can only speak basic english. My adaptability must be very low.

If this has taught me anything is the importance of workrate for a striker :). I should be better than I am but its been a good learning experience. I've had an absolute rubbish season, injuries and generally playing awful.

Anyway, looking forward to next season, it can only go upwards from here. Will you indicate when we've hit max CA or do we have to guess?

Also weird that I've been in England long enough to have citizenship, but can only speak basic english. My adaptability must be very low.

I wonder if the language barrier could be the problem? I will check how you have done on an international level when I fire up the game next. That may be tomorrow, but it might have to be Wednesday.

I will indicate when you reach full PA.

End of year Team report 10 to 11

Season Awards:

Season summary

Haowan is the Premier Top Goal Scorer and Dawson is second

Gazza is the Premier Manager of the Season

Haowan is English Footballer of the Year

Dawson is English Players' Player of the Year

Kah is English Players' Young Player of the Year

Seven Luton players make the first eleven of the English Players' Premier Division Select Team

Team Records:

Fans Player of the Season is Haowan for the third year in a row

Season Best Eleven

All time Best Eleven No change from last year.

The Gaffer:

Gazza Profile

Gazza Information

The Team:

Contract page sorted by Value

*Assistant report sorted by recommendation.

*Mental Attributes sorted by Influence Use this and the personality from the Assistant Report above to decide your captain and vice captain.

Assistant manager – Team report

Genie Scout report.

Genie team report

This is the Genie report, it includes some useful information and is sorted by CA, I have hidden a few columns to prevent you seeing PA, difference between CA and PA, best rating and best potential rating.

It is time for you to all vote again.

Captain and Vice Captain

Choice one:

Choice two:

Choice three:

(The person with the most choices will be captain, second highest will be vice. We have gone for three this year to account for what happened last season when Stig turned down the chance.)

Seasonal Awards:

MVPs

List the three players you think have made the most valuable contribution to the team this season by position

Choose your Defensive or Goalkeeper of the season from:

Page, Spuckler, Nakano, Delgado, Sanchez, Holt, Jones, Proctor, Frith or Stig

Choose your Midfield player of the season from:

Sanchez, Holt, Frith, Stig, Smith, Crawford, Kah, Dean, Hopper, Dawson or Haowan

Choose your Attacking player of the season from:

Kah, Dawson, Haowan, Blanco, Dean or Soder

The player in each category with the most votes wins his choice of:

i) A free PPM.

ii) A get rid of an injury for free card.

iii) Can add +/- 5 to any of the free or hidden attributes for your player.

Turkey of the Season

Second up is our "Turkey" award, here you must choose the one player who has been the weakest link, the biggest liability or the most ineffectual during this season.

Turkey:

The winner of the “Nakano” award, gets to add +/- 5 to any one attribute of his choice.

Season Awards

Now here are the awards decided by your performances over the season from the players statics page, any one in the top 10 gets to add or subtract 3 points to any of these attributes, you can win multiple times on different lists:

Adaptability

Controversy

Ambition

Determination

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

Aggression

Natural Fitness

Penalties

Corners

Free-kicks

Long throws

Goals Scored:

Haowan in 1st place on 33 goals.

Blanco is joint second on 25 goals.

Assists

Kah is joint 3rd on 12.

Haowan is joint 3rd on 12.

Crawford is joint 3rd on 12.

Dawson is 7th on 11

Hopper is 8th on 10.

Man of the Match

Haowan is in joint 2nd place on 7

Blanco is joint 4th on 6

Pass completion

No one

Tackles per game

Frith is 4th on 2.82

Dribbles per Game

Kah is 3rd on 1.8

Shots on Target

Hopper in 3rd place on 67%

Will the winners please let me know which attributes they wish to change ASAP.

Archived