The Luton Revival - Sign up.

October 12/13 Key Matches and Events

Champions League Group C: Panathinakos 3-1 Luton

21m. Kranjcar gets his first ever goal with a 25 yard shot. 1-0

32m. Smith gets one back with a 25 yard shot. 1-1

43m. Haowan gets injured.

87m. Cleyton gets a second goal for the Greeks after some extreme pressure. 2-1

93m. They get a 3rd with a deflected free kick. 3-1

Bloody annoying, that must have been some half time talk, they went from terrible to fantastic.

Haowan has a dislocated jaw and is out for a month. That is his 14th injury of his career and his 5th head injury.

League: Everton 1-2 Luton

Luton have climbed the league rapidly and now don't look to bad when compaired to the league leaders, a win here would put them in a strong position.

3m. Despite picking up a knock in the first challenge of the game, Soder is on hand to tap in a Blanco through ball. 0-1

43m. Dawsons powerful 25 yard shot is blocked by Howard but Crawford pounces n the ball and blasts it home. 0-2 Everton at one point had only seen 29% of the ball, it has risen to a slightly more respectable 36% possession now.

57m. Either the Everton half team talk worked or the Luton one didn't, but Everton are in charge now. Their persistence is rewarded with a goal. 2-1

Luton get battered by Everton for the last 20 minutes but hold on to record a win.

Crawford is MoM

Crawford is in the team of the week.

League: Luton 1-2 Liverpool

Liverpool have had a worse start to the season than Luton, last years champions are down in 12th place. This is a game in hand for both teams, a win for Luton will put them joint 3rd, while a win for Liverpool will push them upto 9th.

5m. N'Zogbia's corner is headed in by Babel. 0-1

77m. Luton finally get a goal back when Sanchez heads in a Soder corner. 1-1

85m. Babel scores after getting free of his markers in the box. 1-2

Luton lose their 4th game of the season, not exactly league winning form.

International Round Up: U21s

International Round Up: World cup qualifiers

Soder pulls a hamstring in his international game and is out for 3 weeks.

Blanco is a surprising starter in the england squad.

League: Luton 4-2 Man City

The battle of 5th verses 6th, Luton are having another small bad run, this must be a win to keep up their title hopes.

24m. Proctor heads in a Crawford corner. 1-0

35m. Dean taps in a rebound from a Blanco shot. 2-0

46m. Palacio goes on an amazing solo run to score. 2-1

51m. Dawson sets up Dean for a good goal. 3-1

63m. Page the muppet comes for a ball, misses it and allows Man City a free shot at goal. 3-2

76m. Crawfords mazy run results in a great save from Ochoa, but the ball is palmed into the face of Dawson. 4-2

Ochoa is MoM as he stopped an avalanche of goals from Lutons forwards. City only had two shots on target.

Champions League Group C: Helsingborg 0-3 Luton

A trip to the beautiful Swedish city of Helsingborg is the next task for Luton, with a draw being the minimum required to keep qualification hopes alive.

4m. Dawson is tripped in the area and Luton are awarded a penalty. Blanco fires right at the keeper.

17m. Dawson intercepts a suicidal back pass and puts it past the keeper. 0-1

20m. One of the Helsingborg players rifles a shot past his own keeper. 0-2

93m. Blanco heads in a Crawford corner. 0-3

Luton are deserved winners here, their opponent never got a shot on target and only had one chance all match.

Dawson wins MoM.

League: Fulham 1-2 Luton

Away to 12th placed Fulham who beat Luton 4-3 in the same fixture last season.

45m. In a dull game, Dlegado is injured and has to be replaced on the strke of half time.

46m. Smith wins the ball in midfield, spots a run by Blanoc and sets him up to score. 0-1

52m. Crawford's cross is headed in under pressure by Blanco. 0-2

93m. Against the run of play, some poor marking gifts Wood a goal. 1-2 Can Fulham steal a point in the last minute?

Blanco is MoM as Luton move up to 4th.

Carling Cup 4th round: Luton 3-0 Fulham

It seems to happen a lot that the team you meet in the cup is also the team you play the same week in the league.

4m. Another injury, this time it is Kah who has to leave the pitch.

12m. Dawson blasts a shot in from 25 yards out. 1-0

34m. Dawson is getting far too much respect and space, he rifles in another shot from 20 yards out. 2-0

85m. Clint Dempsey gets a second yellow and he is off.

86m. Dawson plays the ball to Haowan in space. 3-0

Dawson is MoM.

Match Confidence

First team Squad

Goal of the Month

Crawford is Premiership Young Player of Month

Premiership Player of Month

Gazza is Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Ex-Luton player watch

None

Loan Player watch

None

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 12/13 Key Matches and Events

League: Luton 3-0 West Brom

West Brom are down in 15th placewhile Luton are only 2 points of the leaders.

27m. Yet another injury up front, this time it is Blanco who has to go off.

34m. It has been a deceptively even game, but Haowan breaks the dead lock with a swerving 30 yard free kick. 1-0

41m. No one picks up a run in the box by Stig apart from Crawford who lays the ball off to him and Stig blasts past the keeper. 2-0

79m. Small's cross is headed in by Haowan. 3-0

Haowan is MoM and Luton are in 2nd place on the same points as 1st and 3rd place.

Nakano and Haowan make the team of the week, Nakano is becoming a regular in the team of the week this season.

Champions League Group C: Luton 7-0 Helsingborg

The return visit of the Swedes.

1m. Dawson blasts in a shot from miles out. 1-0

6m. Crawford picks up a Haowan pass and works the edge of the are to make some space before blasting it in. 1-0

22m. Dawson drives a shot in low and across goal. 3-0

25m. Sanchez puts in a 30 yard cross into the box for Haowan to head home. 4-0

33m. Pachajyan makes a poorly timed and dangerous two footed tackle on Crawford and receives his marking orders.

40m. Soder nods in a Haowan free kick. 5-0

59m. Proctor heads in a Haowan corner. 6-0

81m. Proctor gets one from the spot after Kah is tripped in the box. 7-0

What a victory, Proctor is MoM.

Smith Has a pulled hamstring and is out for 3 weeks.

League: West Ham 3-2 Luton

West Ham manager Alan Shearer has them over achieving up in 11th place. Luton have never lost to West Ham.

12m. Haowan breaks the offside trap and is off and galloping towards goal, he waits for the keeper to commit before putting the ball past him. 0-1

15m. Komes shot is off target until Proctor turns it in. 1-1

18m. Holt is beaten to a ball over the top and Ashton puts West Ham ahead. 2-1

20m. Blanco heads in a Kah cross from the wing. 2-2

70m. Kone gets a second as Luton fail to deal with a corner. 3-2

91m. Haowan is taken off injured, leaving Luton down to 10 men for the last few minutes.

Robert Green is MoM for keeping out over a dozen shots.

Sometimes when I lose a game, I save the progress and then go back to analyse what I could do different to win the game in the future, or to see if it is a fluke lose, I have played this game another 3 times since the above result and have lost all of those games by one goal as well. I am baffled why, even when we have dominated the game the defence have gifted goals to give West Ham a victory, I am beginning to believe the little voices in my head that the game is out to get me, as a victory here would of put us joint top.

International Round Up: Friendlies

International Round Up: Friendlies

League: Luton 4-1 Middlesbrough

Our old chum Gareth Southgate brings 15th place Middlesbrough to Kenilworth Road for a match that Luton must win to keep in touch with the top teams.

6m. Some quick one touch football earns Kah an assist and Dawson a goal. 1-0

14m. Haowan heads in a Crawford corner. 2-0

17m. Garrido scores when his corner delivery bends inside the near post, what a fluke. 2-1

62m. Blanco heads in a Haowan corner. 3-1

82m. Haowan scores with a free kick from just outside the area. 4-1

Haowan is MoM and Luton move to 3rd.

Nakano and Haowan make the team of the week. If Nakano keeps this up he will make the team of the season.

Crawford is up for an award.

Champions League Group C: Real Madrid 4-4 Luton

A point here is enough to guarantee second place in the group, but a trip to the Bernabeu should be an extreme test of ability.

2m. Aguero heads in a cross with Madrids first attempt at goal. 1-0

12m. Luton are getting hammered and Gazza has to make some quick changes to try and turn things around.

17m. Blanco gets behind the defence and latches onto a Haowan through ball, he keeps his calm to go round the keeper and score. 1-1

21m. Gilardino passes the ball into the net, Spuckler was no where and the marking was no existant. 2-1

23m. Blanco is obviously up for the match, he holds off Sergio Ramos and absolutely hammers the ball into the net. 2-2

32m. Gilardino gets his second and Madrid look good to carry on and win this, Luton can't get out of their half. 3-2

57m. Luton continue to buck the odds as Crawford scores from a dangerous free kick on the edge of the D. 3-3

81m. Blanco earns his hat trick after his persistence to chase the rebounds from his first two shots pays off. 3-4

84m. Before the game accepts the new formation in reaction to Madrid going ultra attacking Madrid score. 4-4 That lag in accepting tactics can realy ruin your enjoyment.

93m. Miguel Torres gets a straight red for a dangerous tackle on Kah.

It ends in a draw, but that was so nearly a win, stupid tactics lag, not only did it take ages to change to the defensive tactic, it then took another 5 minutes to change back, rubbish.

Blanco is MoM.

Haowan is also up for an award.

Match Confidence

First team Squad

Goal of the Month

Crawford is Premiership Young Player of Month again

Haowan is Premiership Player of Month

Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Ex-Luton player watch

None

Loan Player watch

None

I've had WWSM in my cart on Steam for nearly a week...I want to purchase and play it but I promised myself that I would buy it at Christmas...

Are you going to do another signup similar to this one? (like another Luton Revival :p)

There is only 34 days to Christmas, I am sure I can wait that long. I usually hold off until the final patch is released, but this year I am getting itchy feet.

I will run another sign up on 09, probably not straight away as it robs you of the ability to dabble in the transfer market, unless I just do it for less sign up people so I can add other players to the squad, that way you could find yourselves playing along side Messi.

Good to see Sanchez is impressing with a 7.25 average. Have the instructions for his position been changed at all, or is the improvement just from maturing?

I don't play you in defence any more, you either play on the left of defence, centre of midfield or on the left of midfield. Seems to suit you better.

A much better couple of months those.

Can you tell me how much longer Hopper will be out for? It's gutting reading these updates knowing it will be ages before my player gets another game. 4 months must be the longest injury yet in this sign up, and thats without the time it will take to get him back up to match fitness :(

Who are you playing in his position instead?

A much better couple of months those.

Can you tell me how much longer Hopper will be out for? It's gutting reading these updates knowing it will be ages before my player gets another game. 4 months must be the longest injury yet in this sign up, and thats without the time it will take to get him back up to match fitness :(

Who are you playing in his position instead?

Your injury is now yellow, but you still have 3 weeks left. Dawson has been playing in the right of central midfield, which is the more attacking position.

Sometimes when I lose a game, I save the progress and then go back to analyse what I could do different to win the game in the future, or to see if it is a fluke lose, I have played this game another 3 times since the above result and have lost all of those games by one goal as well. I am baffled why, even when we have dominated the game the defence have gifted goals to give West Ham a victory, I am beginning to believe the little voices in my head that the game is out to get me, as a victory here would of put us joint top.[/Quote]

My experience of that is that you are up against a team with very high morale and the managers team talk fires them up, especially if a striker/attacking mid or goalkeeper gets inspired its almost impossible to win. It happens a couple of times every season and basically you can't tactically outwit them because they are simple more hardworking and up for it than your own team.

I've set my heart on the Turkey award this season! :)

I have only ever had two gripes with the FM series, the first is the games you can't win, either because of a single comment you made or a comment their manager made.

The second is how the game always manages to keep you close in the league, you could have two games in hand, need 4 points from them to go top, but you will 90% of the time lose one of those games. I am not saying the game cheats, but I do think the way it handles pressure in the game is a little over the top. Your players seem to nearly always blow the chance to go top, I hate having games in hand for that reason.

I think the Turkey award could be yours this season, even taking into account your one good appearance this month.

My experience of that is that you are up against a team with very high morale and the managers team talk fires them up, especially if a striker/attacking mid or goalkeeper gets inspired its almost impossible to win. It happens a couple of times every season and basically you can't tactically outwit them because they are simple more hardworking and up for it than your own team.

I've set my heart on the Turkey award this season! :)

My experience is that the damn CPU just cheats. Ever since the days of the Atari, the CPU has always cheated, and it always will.

Well, that, and I just suck as a gamer. The reflexes aren't what they used to be in the old days.

Now that being said, I order 09 last night from Amazon.com. Should be at my house in 2 weeks, but I'm going to give it to mom and dad and let them give it back to me for xmas. That way I'll at least have one computer game to open on xmas day. I want something besides socks and underwear this year.

Finally being bored enough of playing Total War, I also reinstalled 08 last night in sort of a "goodbye to 08" tribute. Started a game and holidayed through the first season, so I'll start playing tonight.

Your injury is now yellow, but you still have 3 weeks left. Dawson has been playing in the right of central midfield, which is the more attacking position.

3 weeks isn't too long, but I fear that it will be difficult to win my place back from Dawson as he's having an excellent season.

I have only ever had two gripes with the FM series, the first is the games you can't win, either because of a single comment you made or a comment their manager made.

The second is how the game always manages to keep you close in the league, you could have two games in hand, need 4 points from them to go top, but you will 90% of the time lose one of those games. I am not saying the game cheats, but I do think the way it handles pressure in the game is a little over the top. Your players seem to nearly always blow the chance to go top, I hate having games in hand for that reason.

I think the Turkey award could be yours this season, even taking into account your one good appearance this month.

Regarding the first, I've had that a couple of times where their manages critizises one of their strikers and he becomes absolutely impossible to stop and scored 3-4 goals at will against you. Fair enough, happens in real life too but not as frequently as in FM. Then again, I've used the same thing to effect so kinda fair.

The second I'm a bit split over, I've had leagues were I've run away and won it with a couple of months to go, and other real nailbiters but overall it tends to keep leagues fairly slow. Think the game balances out pressure fairly even but its also exaggarated by the fact that a lot of regens simple don't have the mental hidden attributes to deal with it while the players in the early database does, atleast the really good ones. So as time goes on, this pressure aspect effects more and more.

My experience is that the damn CPU just cheats. Ever since the days of the Atari, the CPU has always cheated, and it always will.

Well, that, and I just suck as a gamer. The reflexes aren't what they used to be in the old days.

Now that being said, I order 09 last night from Amazon.com. Should be at my house in 2 weeks, but I'm going to give it to mom and dad and let them give it back to me for xmas. That way I'll at least have one computer game to open on xmas day. I want something besides socks and underwear this year.

Finally being bored enough of playing Total War, I also reinstalled 08 last night in sort of a "goodbye to 08" tribute. Started a game and holidayed through the first season, so I'll start playing tonight.

All computer AI's cheat more or less, but then again they are nearly always beatable as well thanks to the things they can't do as well as a human.

I've bought FM09, played a few games and working my way through my first season but prefer Civ IV at the moment. I'm always a bit hesitant about starting a game if a major bug is discovered and it turns out the patch isn't save game compatible. Thats why I didn't buy FM08 until January/February but since I handed in my dissertation I figured I needed some reward so I got FM09 and a new pair of football boots.

December 12/13 Key Matches and Events

Crawford is exhausted and in need of a rest.

League: Blackburn 2-4 Luton

2m. Soder heads in a Kah cross. 0-1

22m. Soder gets his second by heading in a Haowan corner. 0-2

27m. Haowan gets onto a Dawson pass into the box and scores Lutons 3rd. 0-3

46m. A hat trick for Soder as he heads in a Sanchez cross. 0-4

76m. Luton fail to keep a clean sheet as Blackburn break the off side trap, 1-4

79m. A long range shot gives Blackburn a second. 2-4

Soder wins MoM.

There is no surprise that hat trick hero Soder makes it into the team of the week.

Carling Cup Quarter Final: Sunderland 0-5 Luton

Even though Luton have a good record against Sunderland, Gazza thinks of them as a bogey team, they nearly always score against us and the victories are hard fought. Luton verse Sunderland previous meetings

17m. Kenwyne Jones heads in a Donovan free kick, but it is ruled out for a push. Again Luton are looking like they can't be bothered to play.

25m. Lobont punches away a long rang shot from Dawson, but Haowan pounces on the ball to punish him for not holding it. 0-1

44m. Dawson gets down the right and puts a cross in for Haowan to head past the keeper. 0-2

72m. Sunderland have a player called Troy Archibald-Henville on the pitch, how cool is that name?

75m. Sunderland give away a free kick in a realy dangerous position just outside the area and Haowan curls the ball into the top right corner of the net to punish them. 0-3

84m. Haowan takes the ball into the area, gets some space despite being marked by two defenders and shoots across the face of goal to sneak it in the far post. 0-4

93m. Dawson takes a pop from outside the area and it clips a defender to go past the keeper. 0-5

So much for this being a bogey team, to be fair they had as many chances as Luton and will be wondering how the heck they didn't get a result. Haowan is MoM.

Haowan is the first Luton player to score 4 goals in a match, another record for him to hold.

Champions League Group C: Luton 1-0 Panathinaikos

Luton have already qualified, so this is a match to determine who goes top of the group between Real and Luton.

27m. Soder makes some space on the edge of the box and receives a Stig pass. His shot flies past the keeper. 1-0

Luton hold on to win the group on goal difference.

Dawson pulls a hamstring and is out for 3 weeks while Holt is out for a week with a bruised rib, that must have been some training session.

League: Luton 2-1 Tottenham

A home game against Tottenham is one of Luton's two games in hand, a win in both of them puts Luton second.

28m. Sinama-Pongolle scores a goal against the run of play, the ball deflects off Jones on its way into the net. 0-1

60m. Haowan gets on the end of a great ball from Kah and chips the keeper as he rushes out. 1-1

71m. Kah plays another great through ball to Blanco who fires into the net. 2-1

Tottenham got the ball in the net twice but had it ruled out both times for fouls in the box.

League: Newcastle 1-2 Luton

Lutons final game in hand is against a Newcastle side siting one place below them and on 3 points less. Both sides need to win to keep a title push alive.

10m. Proctor fouls in the box and Topuz steps up to score. 1-0

48m. Soder puts in a shot from 20 yards out. 1-1

62m. Soders shot is punched into the path of Kah who slots it home. [b1-2[/b]

This win takes Luton second to Arsenal in the league. Kah is MoM.

League: Wigan 0-2 Luton

This match will mark the half point in the season.

41m. Soder has to go off injured and Haowan scores from the free kick. 0-1

54m. Kah scores from a really tight angle. 0-2

Haowan is MoM.

Soder has fractured his wrist in the fall in the last match and is out for a month.

The team is in trouble, some big money offers have come in for several members and they are not happy about Gazza negotiating them, so far the Chairman has accepted 4 different offers for Blanco. Nakano, Haowan and Sanchez are all unhappy with Gazza and we may have to sell them. Oh bugger.

League: Liverpool 3-2 Luton

Liverpool have recovered steadily after their very poor start and are now upto 6th and 8 points off the League leaders Arsenal.

20m. Lucas gets free and heads into the box and shoots across the face of the goal. 1-0

33m. Haowan puts in a Blanco pass from 10 yards out. 1-1

38m. Vela gets a second for Liverpool. 2-1

91m. Delgado's shot fires a free kick against the wall and it is deflected past the keeper. 2-2

93m. What the F***? Page goes up to the centre circle for the kick off, so Vela just kicks it from the circle into the empty goal. To say I am annoyed is an understatement. 3-2

Page the idiot!

Crawford is European Midfielder of the Year

Match Confidence

First team Squad

Goal of the Month

Kah is Premiership Young Player of Month again

Premiership Player of Month

Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Ex-Luton player watch

None

Loan Player watch

None

These are turbulent times for Luton.

Good month though for the team. Obviously with the exception of pages eccentric antics against Liverpool. Its obvious how annoyed you are as there is no christmas cheer this year. :(

My average has taken a knock this month which is disappointing. Haowan looks on course to win his award again.

Who has made a bid for me?? I dont want to leave.

Great stuff as always Lambsy. :thup:

Damn, such a good month until that very last game. Sanchez's good form in midfield has continued too, with a couple more assists. An inspired decision moving him forward.

Those Liverpool screenshots are ridiculous though.

And there could be trouble ahead with all the unhappy players, hopefully Luton can keep them. Would be nice to win the league with as many of the original players as possible. Have you looked at scouting players to sign if they are forced to leave?

So annoying to concede after equalising in the 92nd minute at Anfield. However some narrow wins still made it a good month.

Pleased that I'm midfieler of the year (although the link is wrong), but I notice that I'm being bidded for, which isn't a good sign.

A great month till the last game against Liverpool...we should have gotten a point after leaving Anfield! :mad:

Decent month by Nakano, nothing special...

If we drew Liverpool we would be 1 point behind them and Man Utd for 1st instead of 4 points behind Liverpool! :mad:

Who has made a bid for me?? I dont want to leave.

Arsenal, Man Utd, Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid have all made bids in th 14million mark. So far you are not bothered I have negotiated them, I have asked for 40 million.

Have you looked at scouting players to sign if they are forced to leave?

I think i can hold onto you all until the end of the year, then look at replacing those that leave.

Pleased that I'm midfieler of the year (although the link is wrong), but I notice that I'm being bidded for, which isn't a good sign.

Link has been corrected. You are not bothered about the bids at the moment.

Arsenal, Man Utd, Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid have all made bids in th 14million mark. So far you are not bothered I have negotiated them, I have asked for 40 million.

Thats good news then. Never thought i'd say this but - I'd much prefer to stay at Luton than go to any of those clubs.

League: Liverpool 3-2 Luton

Liverpool have recovered steadily after their very poor start and are now upto 6th and 8 points off the League leaders Arsenal.

20m. Lucas gets free and heads into the box and shoots across the face of the goal. 1-0

33m. Haowan puts in a Blanco pass from 10 yards out. 1-1

38m. Vela gets a second for Liverpool. 2-1

91m. Delgado's shot fires a free kick against the wall and it is deflected past the keeper. 2-2

93m. What the F***? Page goes up to the centre circle for the kick off, so Vela just kicks it from the circle into the empty goal. To say I am annoyed is an understatement. 3-2

Page the idiot!

Arrrgghh, no! I had the game-tying goal, only for the keeper to take it away from us! :mad:

I say fine him two weeks wages for being an idiot (sorry, Page).

Arrrgghh, no! I had the game-tying goal, only for the keeper to take it away from us! :mad:

I say fine him two weeks wages for being an idiot (sorry, Page).

More annoying is it does not count as a mistake, he got an 8 iirc.

Dawson isn't playing too badly. Who wants me?

Chelsea and the big Spanish side whos name begins with a z, but then they want every one of our players, they must have loads of money.

Am I unhappy bcause of them or have they not offered for me yet?

Only Sanchez and Haowan are currently unhappy, the other players have so far not reacted to the offers.

Blanco signed a new contract to keep him at Luton.

I am trying to get Haowan and Sanchez to issue transfer ultimatums as it is one of the few ways to clear the unhappiness.

edit: you just signed a new contract, so you must be happy.

We are not actually that far off being one of the big boys our selves, so i may get some of you back.

Ah yeah, good point that I had forgotten about.

Now that'll be interesting reading, seeing us bounce around from team to team.

Do you have any other leagues loaded, or just England?

Ah yeah, good point that I had forgotten about.

Now that'll be interesting reading, seeing us bounce around from team to team.

Do you have any other leagues loaded, or just England?

I think we are going to lose Frith to Barcelona or Milan, he is looking at contracts from them both.

I have quite a few leagues loaded, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Scotland and a few others if I recall correctly.

Just checked, got Poland, Portugal and Holland loaded as well.

Archived