players you will never sell.

wardog

i always buy F. Cannavaro and try and get him to play for years. i just managed to get him to 40 in my current game. But nothing annoys me more than when they say that they want to go into coaching so u keep them on the books until they retire so you can offer them a job as an assisant and they just retire then dissapear off the face of the FM World

Guest roberto922

On my Everton game I'll never sell Aguero or Patrick Boyle. Agueros an idol and has scored at least 50 goals per season from 2010 - 2021 and now I've offered him a 5 year contract. For some reason I've kept Paddy Boyle all the way through, he's 30 odd and hasn't played a league game in his life :D I wanna get him on our staff, keep him as a coach as he's not used to steps up ;).

On my AFC Wimbledon game the only player I'd never sell is a regen CM called Robert Smith, I signed him for free when we were in BSP and he is now the core of our team as we battle for Europe.

The only players I'd never sell is anyone who I believe is the best in their position in the world. In every case of mine, I'd sell someone at the right price because the highest rep team I've started with is Spurs. It depends how confident you are of finding someone better value for money in the position you are selling one of your best players. I take the gamble every time, although it can backfire.

On my AFC Wimbledon game the only player I'd never sell is a regen CM called Robert Smith, I signed him for free when we were in BSP and he is now the core of our team as we battle for Europe.

Did he Cure your midfield problems? hm.

My time playing FM08 largely consisted of rebuilding Leeds with what can best be desciribed as a revolving door policy, which by the time we were established in the prem largely consisted of regens. The current squad player I kept longest was Beckford, but he only lasted a couple of years in the top flight before Arouna Koné rendered him surplus to my requirements.

FM07, I had a penchant for playing Greg Halford as a striker. First season at Colchester he was scoring a few, so I brought him to Spain for a million or so. He became Atlético's highest ever goalscorer, and kept playing until he was 41, simply because despite his decaying statistical ability, I couldn't leave him out of the side!

Didn't really live up to expectations on FM08 when I was eventaully able to bring him to Leeds, and he cost a ridiculous amount as well.

More of a trivial thing. Do you have any players at the club who no matter what you will not sell.

I currently am refusing to sell Barry Ferguson from Rangers despite him now not being good enough. Instead i loaned him to Hull my feeder side.

I started a game with Portsmouth and was offered the liverpool job in season 2. I took it and the won the PL 12 years in a row. I signed Van der vaart in season 2 and in season 3 managed to sign Messi (cost me £50M + Van der Vaart) He was unbelievable, and was still performing at age 33. If I ever manage to sign him again I would never sell him!

Guest roberto922

Ibrahim - Don't ask lol, for some reason I kept offering him a contract and when he was 26-27 I decided to see if he'd be happy to stay until he retired.

Guest TomasAlex

I usually sell just before their value sharpley drops, but I always try and resign them cheaply a few seasons later. Toure, my beloved Toure, was sold at the opportune time for £15m (his price was already dropping), gaining a lovely profit, a lower wage bill, a chance for the next generation to play - but I expect to resign him for a fractional amount a few seasons later, with a miniscule wage, giving him a chance to tutor players, possibly become a coach, and at least finish his career with Arsenal. I try and have a second string reserve side of legendary Arsenal players bought in this way.

Archived