I can't choose who scouts next opposition?

Hey...

so, I signed a scout with one specific task in mind for him: to give me the next opposition reports. So, when he joins my team, I navigate to the new assignment menu, choose next opposition and head with my cursor to the place where I'd pick a scout to scout a nation. There's nothing and the game can only automatically assign a scout to do that. Like... Seriously?

I don't want my scout who I want to bring me loads of reports from whatever country I pick at the moment wandering around, scouting my next opposition and not having time to scout the nation just because the game chose so. And if I remove his assignment... well, I don't have anyone to scout the next opposition. Brilliant!

So, my question is - am I missing something (hopefully), is there some workaround possible (at least that) or do I have to bear with this stupid "feature" (let it not be this)?

Thanks!

Unfortunately you can not choose which scout to scout the opposition. It's a horrible system. Your only choice is to cancel the country/region assignment of his and focus on opposition. Then use your new scout you bought for opposition to take over the country/region if his stats are good enough for that. It is possible to scout the opposition and have your current country assigned to the same scout though, since if both are in same country it does not involve much traveling.

It's very clear cut who is the best scout for next opposition, so the game auto picks.

It's a manager fail, if you can't manage hiring scouts correctly to account for that fact. If the scout is going to be your highest TK scout, but you plan to use him for scouting far away from where the majority of your matches is being played, you're holding it wrong.

You might as well be ranting about Messi being a bad goalkeeper.

It's very clear cut who is the best scout for next opposition, so the game auto picks.

It's a manager fail, if you can't manage hiring scouts correctly to account for that fact. If the scout is going to be your highest TK scout, but you plan to use him for scouting far away from where the majority of your matches is being played, you're holding it wrong.

You might as well be ranting about Messi being a bad goalkeeper.

Yeah and it's clear who the best penalty takers are so the game should automatically lock them as takers and not let us choose. Thanks for you brilliant input.

I'd happen to agree in this case.. I would very much like to be able to have the option to choose a specific scout for a job.

Suggest you post in the feature request thread.

but surely it's better to actually have the one with the best 'tactical knowledge' on the assignment, in order to get the best type of reports? [how it currently is]

rather than just signing some poor one to do it?

I'd prefer to have the option.. I don't see why it can't be automatically assigned unless you want to manually choose yourself..

I might have a prefered scout, one I'm particularly trusting of, despite of whether he's statistically the best choice :)

Similar to how the game is attempting to make players with more personality.. this takes staff and automates them to the point that scots become non entities for me.

I thought you could, I am sure I did I set it so I set all scouting assignments cleared all the previously set ones then when setting news assignments it has at the bottom a box to select which scout goes on it or let the head scout decide.

Archived