[FM16] Up, up and away. More promotions than Neil Warnock?

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going well so far, can't believe how many decent players are still at the club, the previous manager must have been bobbins to get that squad relegated :D

They sacked Ronald Koeman, the manager who qualified for Europe, on 12th Dec 2021. On 27th Dec they appointed Stale Solbakken, but he was sacked on 8th May after 132 days following relegation. Add in the 15 day caretaker spell of Chris Ramsay in between, and including me they had 4 managers in 6 months. It's not difficult to see why that didn't work. The hardest part is that relegation made the whole squad unhappy, and morale isn't good now despite us being in early January and having passed the 60 point mark already.

Rio Ferdinand manager at Watford! :lol:

John Terry was the Leicester manager as well, Joleon Lescott is the Blackburn manager, Peterborough manager is Ryan Giggs, Fulham's is Frank Lampard, Sheff Wed are managed by Jamie Vardy, and Luton by Michael Carrick

A 100pc record in the league in January, and we pushed Tottenham all the way in the cup too before going out

Jan%202023_zps4lwns4w9.png

The lead in the league is now 8 points, and we have a massive goal difference advantage

Jan%202023%20table_zpsuqiuxbp1.png

We've also brought in a striker to try and give us more options, with no permanent departures

Transfers%20Jan%202023_zpszxhk510b.png

and Milik is a class player

Milik_zpsvd2mvggp.png

Nice one romping it with Stoke.

Maybe you should have done something Warnock didn't do... win the Premier League. With Stoke.

Thanks Nobby. I might have done, but just before I left Stoke, I had a message that the board had injected £4m into the club 'to avoid Administration'. Also, winning promotions is what this challenge has been all about, though if a really interesting top flight job comes up, now I've achieved all of them, I could easily be tempted.

Liked that you went a step ahead Warnock, and went abroad.

And in Brazil we have a manager with more than 15 promotions in his career, but i guess the State Championships make this a lot easier to happen.

Link (in portuguese) where the manager states he has more than 16 promotions: http://www.gazetaesportiva.com/campeonato-brasileiro-serie-d/rei-do-acesso-exalta-filosofia-de-trabalho-em-missao-de-resgatar-azulao/

Cheers,

Bitner

Only 2 league games in August, against two of the better teams in the league

Aug%202023_zpsgu3cirfo.png

and here is the league table

Aug%202023%20table_zpsjhvkycpc.png

The transfer window was disappointing, as Simunovic departed on deadline day, and there wasn't time to replace him. He had a release clause in his contract and refused to negotiate a new one, so I couldn't prevent him leaving

Aug%202023%20transfers_zpswouyzdao.png

Liked that you went a step ahead Warnock, and went abroad.

And in Brazil we have a manager with more than 15 promotions in his career, but i guess the State Championships make this a lot easier to happen.

Cheers,

Bitner

Thanks Bitner. I decided after having already breached the original rules, and having also completed the promotions, that going abroad was something I wanted to do, so I did. The Spanish second tier is tough, so I might find myself getting sacked pretty quickly if we don't start winning. I'm at another club with financial problems, which seems to have been a feature of this save too, unintentionally. Hoping I'll last the season in Spain, then depending on how it ends, I might stay, I might move on, or that might be it. I'll keep it going as long as there is something to keep me (and you guys) interested in doing it :)

I was called into a board meeting before the Sevilla game and asked to explain our poor form. I was told by the board that my job was safe 'for now', but given that we went on to be heavily beaten in the next game, then scrape a draw in a home game against Granada, I thought the writing was on the wall, so I jumped before they could push me. Looks like I'll be chasing the next promotion somewhere else

And I've swapped a relegation fight for a promotion challenge

6%20Feb%202024%20table_zpsvyuobtfm.png

with a decent squad to do it with too

Norwich%20squad_zpsxsgivky5.png

Other than lacking a decent backup keeper, I'm happy with what I've got, and with the board not having appointed me until after the transfer window closed, I've no choice anyway.

I'll be keeping the 4-1-2-2-1 formation at Norwich, as it enables me to use all the best players, and the team report says it's their most successful formation. I'm not going to make major changes as they're obviously a good team anyway. They were managed by Rio Ferdinand who has departed to Stoke City.

I've now won this division three times in four seasons, and am hoping to get a crack at a big Premier League job. If that doesn't happen, I will probably finish this career, so watch this space for news. I write as I go, so the last game of the season literally finished five minutes ago. I hope to complete the summer and find out whether I've got the job I want (not going to spoil it, but one of the big 4's managers is leaving at the end of the season). I'll post the update as soon as I can.

It didn't happen. The manager in question was Jose Mourinho, manager of Manchester City. He was favourite for the sack all season, and they would have failed to qualify for the Champions League, IF he hadn't gone on to win it. The very next day he signed a new contract :( So I've quit, but will keep it going in case my exit opens up an interesting opportunity

Quit%20Norwich_zpsw9qwcs2v.png

With the new Nations League setup, international management now gives the opportunity to achieve promotion. We've been drawn in Division B Group 3, alongside Slovakia and Bosnia. The FA think we will be relegated, but I'm obviously hoping to go up to Division A.

Slovakia face Bosnia just 3 days after we defeated the Bosnians. I'm not quite sure what to hope for. A Bosnian win could temporarily dislodge us from top spot, whilst a Slovakian win means we can still be relegated. A draw on the other hand leaves us safe from the drop, and knowing that victory over Slovakia gets us promoted.

So, the plan now is to remain in charge of Denmark until at least the end of the current domestic season, and hope that a top job becomes available. I'm not intending to see out qualifying for the World Cup, unless no decent job becomes available. I'll leave you with the Division A tables, which contains one VERY shocking relegation

Nations%20League%20Division%20A_zpswnvlmhqy.png

Whilst it's easy to argue Belgium should be in the top division, getting relegated from their group was totally understandable. You'd also have picked Israel and Wales for the drop, but ITALY?? They started by losing in Austria, drew with England at home, lost at Wembley and then drew at home to the Austrians, who beat England in the final game

Archived