[FM16] Up, up and away. More promotions than Neil Warnock?

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disturbing lack of ambition. :D Still pretty close in the league. Best of luck on the runout.

I tried to sign several high profile players, but because we're a Championship club, they just laughed off the approach. I had to sign some players, so went for two players who were as good as others in the squad, in positions we needed more depth. The title race is close, but I'd be gutted if we weren't at least in the playoffs from here.

good read so far, will be following from here on out. Also can;t help but notice Bolton 10 points clear of the drop after seeing your last table screenchot how interesting is that lol

Bolton are 10 clear of relegation as of the end of January, and as long as their form doesn't fall off a cliff, I think they'll survive this season. Next season is another matter, as the finances are still dire, so a firesale is likely.

A near perfect October

Oct%202018_zpspejdruij.png

and we're top of the table still

Oct%202018%20table_zpsuv4mvt6q.png

but look at Southend's goals against. Have they hired Tony Pulis?? Seriously, if they could score goals, they'd be a threat at the top. I'm just happy we're well ahead of schedule, as I'd only promised to deliver a playoff place this season.

Given that my next role (which will be the end of the current season if we go up, the end of next if we don't) will be in League 2, it's unlikely that any employer at that level will agree to me doing the Pro License. I plan to do that when I start the stint with a Championship club. If that opportunity arises after promotion from League 2, I will more than likely skip the clubs where promotion wasn't required (given that the objectives of the challenge are to win more promotions than Neil Warnock, and I've already deviated from the original rules anyway, I think that's ok). Either way, I won't be joining Port Vale Nobby!!

Archived