FM15: U.S. Sassuolo - Where talent is plentiful, but trophies are scarce

Adzke

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of 2nd season

Somewhat reluctant to post as the results have been almost too good to be true. We scored a ton of goals from our set pieces routine. I think it was around 20 league goals just in the league, but add to that is the very effective long throws of new boy Faouzi Ghoulam and the goals resulting from chaos after corners and throws that don't really get picked up by the stats. I'm quite happy to take the goals though, however they come.

The table

PHwOX4w.png

Cup

0Jz0Bjq.png

Champions league

qVvyODG.png

Serie A

neKMeiA.png

We won the league by a comfortable margin thanks to that incredible unbeaten run, although we were trailing Juventus until that 5-0 thumping which resulted in them having a bad run of form. In the cup we were hammered by Roma, but believe it or not, that 5-0 game was quite even, and the 2-1 win in 2nd leg should have been much bigger.

In the Champions League we were helped by late, and stunning screamers even, by Lucas Romero against both Liverpool and Real Madrid. In the final against Man Utd we were in the lead for a whole 2 minutes, we created more and better chances, but didn't take them.

End of season squad stats

aMFEPMx.png

Overall it was a somewhat odd season. The strikers had injuries and underperformed for large parts, but the midfielders and centerbacks chipped in with plenty of goals to make up for that. I've got central midfielders on attacking duty running into the box, with the strikers dropping deep so that might explain the odd goal scorers, but as mentioned, corners and long throws....

Good performers

Nicola Sansone, top scorer. Would have played him more but he got a couple of injuries.

ObIsEMs.png

Lucas Romero. Amazing season. Won "Calciatore Straniero". At a guess half of those goals were screamers from outside the box. In the first season I instructed them to work the ball in the box and retain possession, but unticking that occasionally seemed to free the midfielders and the attacking play up a bit and it resulted in some absolute beauties at crucial times.

hZPJKly.png

Sergi Roberto, fantastic season. Fans player of the year and "Calciatore Assoluto", whatever that means!

yWImNJJ.png

Faouzi Ghoulam, £5m well spent.

IzNoyZR.png

Stefano Sturaro, good backup up and a bargain for just £1m from rivals Juventus.

MLD2Et1.png

Gaston Gil Romero, Mr Dependable. Never makes a mistakes, anticipates and intercepts then spreads the play with precision. Sits deep with Romero and Roberto either side of him.

zmkDOEa.png

The beast. So very energy, much wow. Scores goals on will alone.

4FRP759.png

Ezequiel Munoz, what a bargain for just £4m.

qMQe0Tv.png

Marko Pjaka. Very suprised by his performances. Played his way into the team ahead of Markovic and Deulofou.

puYwxed.png

3rd season

In have come Florenzi, Ferreyra and Berardi as expected.

Then I made some errors in judgement, perhaps. I wanted to bring in Davide Santon to replace Vrsaljko, so when Man Utd came in with a bid for Vrsaljko negotiated to £11m, I decided to let him go. I was expecting to sign Santon for slightly more. Then Real Madrid made a £26m bid for Santon and I had no chance to sign him. Instead I brought in 28 year old Lorenzo De Silversti for £6m. He's had a couple of great seasons at Sampdoria. Although I would rate Vrsaljko as slightly better, Silvestri seems very dependable, no fuss type of defender with a decent knack for getting up the flank and whipping in crosses. Vrsaljko had a tendency to get carded and make rash challenges in the box.

Add to that Arsenal made a £30m bid for Sergi Roberto that I simply couldn't refuse. With Florenzi coming in that might be a good thing.. time will tell.

Aside from that I've bought in a bunch of youngsters, some better than others. For the 1st team squad I've signed Alberto Masi (£2.8m), Jonathan Tah (£1.8m) and Luca Jovic (£1m). Longhi, Sørensen and Fletcher wanted 1st team football so they have moved on. Rugani, Bonazzoli, Markovic and Deulofeu went back to their clubs. I've also signed a French 16 year old full back that looks good enough to be backup for Ghoulam, so I'll stick with him and see how it goes. I made a bid for Murru, but he wanted a lot of money for a player at his level.

Real Madrid are interested in both Balanta and Munoz. Balanta has a release clause of £38.5m so I might lose him. He's not gonna want to renew the contract until after the transfer window has closed.

All in all I'm very pleased with the team, although somewhat worried about the amount of changes. In addition the new patch will surely make the season more of a struggle, with defending on corners and crosses having been improved. So with that in mind I think a good season would be to qualify for Champions League and to make it out of the group stages. A great season would be to fight for the title again.

13 weeks to go until the second season is done.. so far we are the leader, but also head to head with Juve & Napoli, we're two points ahead of both.

Quick question, my set piece taker is Berrardi (the rest of the squad has even worse ability for it) but every game for the entire season nearly all the free kick's that are taken by my team are well off target and becomes a goal kick :D

i would love for the "seniors" of this lovely thread to help me out with my set pieces(free kicks to be exact), where should i aim(best header, etc..) + who should use it, my best crosser or long shot taker etc..?

What's appalling is Cagliari doing so good in the first season

In my first season i finished 6th, couldn't make it for europe, Cagliari stole the 5th place spot from me, but now i'm about to finish second season and they are about to be relegated :D

13 weeks to go until the second season is done.. so far we are the leader, but also head to head with Juve & Napoli, we're two points ahead of both.

Quick question, my set piece taker is Berrardi (the rest of the squad has even worse ability for it) but every game for the entire season nearly all the free kick's that are taken by my team are well off target and becomes a goal kick :D

i would love for the "seniors" of this lovely thread to help me out with my set pieces(free kicks to be exact), where should i aim(best header, etc..) + who should use it, my best crosser or long shot taker etc..?

It looks like the new hotfix has made my set up useless for the most part. As for free kick's Berardi scored just one or two for me, but he had a few saved that ended up being pounced on by a team mate. For the free kicks from shooting angle I don't think there is much you can do.. it just seems random. I posed about this in the bugs form. I had one of the worlds best free kick taker miss well over 50 free kicks during a season.. didn't score once. However his team mate with 10 free kick rating and 'shots with power' ppm scored a lot of them.

In my first season i finished 6th, couldn't make it for europe, Cagliari stole the 5th place spot from me, but now i'm about to finish second season and they are about to be relegated :D

Cagliari were doing great in my game too.. Zeman has retired now and they just sold Ibarbo who got 27 goals for them last season, so I'm expecting them to not be able to keep it up :)

It looks like the new hotfix has made my set up useless for the most part. As for free kick's Berardi scored just one or two for me, but he had a few saved that ended up being pounced on by a team mate. For the free kicks from shooting angle I don't think there is much you can do.. it just seems random. I posed about this in the bugs form. I had one of the worlds best free kick taker miss well over 50 free kicks during a season.. didn't score once. However his team mate with 10 free kick rating and 'shots with power' ppm scored a lot of them.

This has seemingly been the case for some years. Always had this problem.

Is he really that good? He seemed to peak for me in the 2nd season. Is his potential random, you think? He has not been picked for Italy yet. He plays well for me though, so I have no intention of selling him, but he is only worth £8.75m. He would be one of the players I'd look to keep, but his personality is balanced - outspoken so I won't use him as a tutor. I recon if he's worth a lot at 28-29 I would look to sell him.

Is he really that good? He seemed to peak for me in the 2nd season. Is his potential random, you think? He has not been picked for Italy yet. He plays well for me though, so I have no intention of selling him, but he is only worth £8.75m. He would be one of the players I'd look to keep, but his personality is balanced - outspoken so I won't use him as a tutor. I recon if he's worth a lot at 28-29 I would look to sell him.

I did. He's off to Southampton at €31,5M. He had been playing better than his attributes suggested for me, and he's been capped eight times for Italy. But I feel I could do better, and he was my top earner despite being only a reserve.

Second season is over, unfortunately couldn't stop Juve's endless run of wins therefore finished second, but still really happy.

btw, i had a consortium took over the club, no sugar daddy or anything though.

the question of the day:

Man City just offered 80m euro +%20 of the next sale for Berrardi.

he scored 24 last season and was the leading scorer, and my best player.

but the money is really, really tempting.

Sell or Keep?

(important detail though, only %20 of my transfer budget is currently given to me)

My first save on FM 2015 ( excluding beta )

Shame that i don't continue the save, exciting tho. Started with 41221 with 2 inside forward. Defense is sucks, individually good, but seems i can't make good defense system with them. My main back four is Peluso, Acerbi, Cannavaro, and Vrslajko. Mid department really need much improvement. Tho attacking is great, Berardi on right, Sansone on left, and Zaza on the middle!

What position do you guys play Berrardi?

I'm not really a big fan of Zaza so he is now my back-up forward, Berrardi is our lone striker.

Just purchased Obiang from Sampdoria for 4m euros. Great price for such impressive attributes

Any suggestions to a replacement? I've switched to a narrow 4312, and I've been using Gil Romero as a DLP in the center.

I immediately went and bought Kranevitter, but didn't realize I had already signed 2 non eu players, so his transfer was scheduled for the summer.

I've got a £40m budget, and will have to spend a big chunk of it to avoid high taxes and dividends.

Looking at PSGs Verratti. Might be able to get him for £30m or so.. is he worth that much? And would he fit the role?

Any suggestions to a replacement? I've switched to a narrow 4312, and I've been using Gil Romero as a DLP in the center.

I immediately went and bought Kranevitter, but didn't realize I had already signed 2 non eu players, so his transfer was scheduled for the summer.

I've got a £40m budget, and will have to spend a big chunk of it to avoid high taxes and dividends.

Looking at PSGs Verratti. Might be able to get him for £30m or so.. is he worth that much? And would he fit the role?

I wouldn't hesitate to sign Verratti. I'm considering giving that formation a go this season as well as the boys have been training it for almost an entire year now.

I did eventually sign Verratti. Ended up paying £32.5m. It's a lot of money, but I would have lost half of it anyway is my guess.

4312 has been working well, I'm still fine tuning though. Dunno if I'm in a transition match engine, if there is such a thing. The season had already started when the update came. The games in Serie A and CL are very different, and what I'm seeing in the CL seems more in line with what people are describing in the feedback thread. I had the same thing happen with the last ME update that came in the middle of the season. The flow of it seemed to change somewhat, but it was only when the new season started that it looked like what people were describing.

Here's the current table

2QmKlAO.png

As you see Juve is close to unbeatable. The only team that has beaten them is Roma. Interestingly they both play 3-5-2 WB DM. I've had a lot of draws, where the opposition has played with 3 centerbacks, and I'm scratching my head trying to find out how to unlock them.

I did eventually sign Verratti. Ended up paying £32.5m. It's a lot of money, but I would have lost half of it anyway is my guess.

4312 has been working well, I'm still fine tuning though. Dunno if I'm in a transition match engine, if there is such a thing. The season had already started when the update came. The games in Serie A and CL are very different, and what I'm seeing in the CL seems more in line with what people are describing in the feedback thread. I had the same thing happen with the last ME update that came in the middle of the season. The flow of it seemed to change somewhat, but it was only when the new season started that it looked like what people were describing.

Here's the current table

2QmKlAO.png

As you see Juve is close to unbeatable. The only team that has beaten them is Roma. Interestingly they both play 3-5-2 WB DM. I've had a lot of draws, where the opposition has played with 3 centerbacks, and I'm scratching my head trying to find out how to unlock them.

What season are you in? I'm about to start the 19/20 one.

Season 3.

Newgens are just starting to come through with quality. I've bought a 3 french, potentially world class, and I've got 4 really promising Italians. I'm hoping I can keep a high number of Italian players. 13 out of the 25 man squad now, and 6/7 out of the starting 11.

Just started a save and hoping it will be the first one i stick with on fm15.

have had a decent start to the season so far with a win in the itallian cup game and the first two league game's v chievo and lazio.

have played 4 5 1 so far with a dm and inside fw right, winger left. from previous games playing in italy there are not alot of teams that play with wingers so looking to exploit the flanks playing direct counter attacking football.

managed to keep both zaza and domenico through the first window.

IfQg9gf.png

Good time to end a bad run of form!

Unfortunately it's probably too late.

33Ovyjo.png

After getting a hat tick against Arsenal in the CL first round knockout, Berardi has gone on a 13 and half hour run of not scoring . He has missed open goals and stumbles over his own legs as soon as he has the ball in the box.... soooo frustrating to endure!!

What an end to the season that was...

Roma and Juve both ran into trouble. In round #37 I was beating Pisa 5-0 at home. Somehow a Bulgarian striker had manage to put 4 goals past Buffon and Juventus were down 4-3 away to Ternana. Roma were drawing 0-0 at home to Cagliari, which would be their 4th draw in 6 games.

When the clock turned 90 minutes all three teams were at 89 points, with us having the superior goal difference and having beaten Juventus but Roma was leading due to results vs us and Juventus.

Then the inevitable come back happened. Juve scored from a corner in the 92th minute. 11 seconds after the resulting kick off they scored again to make it 5-4 !!! They basically just took the ball, went up the field and scored.

After all that this was the final table

19UsfRT.png

The comeback which cost us the title

dsYvAvA.png

Champions League - extremly pleased with the Real Madrid matches, denying them a CL-final for the 2nd year running. Got the tactics absolutely spot on.

YdgbQ2p.png

Another 90min heartbreak

VOX8CiK.png

Squad stats

LTqlksW.png

New signing Florenzi was crucial with his runs into the box and scoring for fun

9WatSkR.png

January panic buy Verratti scored 3 beatiful free kicks and 2 incredible screamers, all at crucial times.

oRaivx7.png

The big surprise of the season was the performances of new signing De Silvestri

WYF6ukn.png

Facundo Ferreyra had an okay season. Brilliant at times, but plagued by goal droughts.

zoQtqVy.png

--------------------------------------

Transfer for the 2017/18 season

In

Kranevitter, £5.75m

Christian Eriksen, £27m

Austin Okolie, £11.5m (Nigerian newgen right back)

Out

Sturaro, £5m + 50% of profit

Manea, £2.1m + 50% of profit

Much fewer changes this time around. Manea's development had halted. I didn't mind keeping him as he performed well and always worked very hard, but when my scouts found a better prospect I couldn't resist. As for Sturaro, he had an okay season, but the arrival of Kranevitter and the emergence of Maurizio Martino left me with too many options. Eriksen is a gamble with high wages and big signing fees. Fingers crossed it pays off!

I got an offer from PSG for Ferreyra at £50m which I jumped at. Unfortunately he refused the contract offer. Man Utd came in for Florenzi, but I was not willing to let him go for less than £50m. Maybe a few years from now, but right now he is important to how we play and he is a great tutor.

I've reverted back to a 433. The team looked much more stable in the latter parts of the season, and it seems easier to create convertable scoring chances playing this way.

Here's the new look tactic, with me taking a chance and retraining new signing Eriksen to an inside forward.

47YWOSI.png

Good stuff Epie.

Any sign of a new stadium or expansion in the current one? How are your finances looking?

I'm just a few games into my second season, having finished second in Serie A in season one, but some 15 points back of Juve who had Tevez score an absurd 38 league goals in 38 games.

Secured Florenzi myself during the season 1 Jan transfer window but on a future transfer for the end of the season. It was a very tough decision because I wanted him immediately obviously, but my bank balance was basically at zero, so although I could have pulled off the transfer, it would have really hurt my finances and I didn't want to take the risk being in that "stuck" position financially at the end of the season where my board enacts all sorts of restrictions with only seemingly partial awareness that the end of season money will make it all OK. Especially with the Berardi decision looming over my head and not knowing how that would go.

So I was able to hang on to 2nd place with my team as it was, not signing anyone except future transfers (frees -Bakkali, Praet, Rabiot- plus Florenzi) in January. It crossed my mind to go ahead and sign Florenzi outright in Jan to try to make a push for the title, but Juve were just so far ahead already at that point it seemed unlikely.

Lost Berardi unfortunately due to a higher (but not Adzke high) bid from Juve that I was unable to match with my entire given transfer budget even if I'd wanted. Determined to get the boy back as soon as possible, he completely dictated games for me from the AMR spot and despite signing several replacement options I can already see his influence missing.

Signed Gabriel Barbosa (thankfully a left footer) who I'm retraining at AMR to hopefully emulate the way Berardi played. I'm having visions of Serie A's new "fenomeo" brazilian ronaldo, but so far through 6 games he hasn't scored despite looking excellent and popping up in all the right spots. Feeling confident about him in the long run.

Also convinced Ben Arfa to join on a free in June after I'd lost Berardi, figuring that despite his low teamwork clashing very much with the high tempo short passing style of my team, perhaps having another option of style on that AMR position would help. Worst case scenario, I can keep him happy enough for a half season and sell him for a profit on paying merely the bonuses.

On a positive note, Sansone has opened the season in great form with a flurry of goals. He was solid but unspectacular in season 1 and hearing how well some of you have said he's played, I'm hoping that this early form is a sign of things to come in season 2. Seems to be taking a personal responsibility to make up for the loss of Berardi. Love it.

One annoyance I've noticed that I do not recall being true in previous FM editions, is that when I sign a young player on a free (Rabiot and Bakkali specifically), they do not want to go on loan immediately. This is problematic because I can't give them enough playing time at the moment but do not want their development to suffer on my bench and U-20 games. I feel like I remember that previously players wouldn't mind going on loan right after signing. These guys are rejecting offers (and offers mainly aren't coming in despite repeated offering out) as if they were rejecting signing for a new team right after signing for me. So I've been stuck with them, which is very annoying to find enough games to give them minutes in while keeping a large squad happy.

Ohh, Barbosa will probably be a great signing. He's worldwide rep and playing for Monaco on my game. I shy away from getting him due to that agent demanding so much for his share.

Yeah, I forgot about the stadium and finances part of it.

I had a takeover in early May 2017. It was a consortium, who put £15m into the coffers. They also agreed to an expansion of 5929 seats. I have no idea what the maximum capacity is though.

As for money we are swimming in it due to the Gil Romero sale. I sold one of the appearance clauses for close to £10m, so far that sale has gotten me almost £50m, with £2.25m installments still coming in for the next 5 months. Unfortunately there is a bug where the game doesn't count international apperances, so I worry that £11.5m will never be payed.

Bank balance: £94m

Reamaing transfer budget: £35m

Wage budget: £1.29m pr week (spending £1.06)

I make most buys on installment, so I have about £100m in outstanding transfer fees, but that doesn't worry me much as is would only take a few sales to equal that.

Oh, I'll get back at them!

The ME seems totally different for me this season. Cruising the league, scoring almost 3.5 pr game. Scored 7 in 3 different games.

Also, a bit funny. Thibaut Courtois was interested in joining the club before the January window and Chelsea agreed to sell him for £47m. I managed to agree a contract and he signed. Not long after Chelsea come in for Consigli and buy him for £22.5m. I think I got the better deal!

Currently finished my first season, got the 3rd spot behind Juve and Inter

The board is currently having a tycoon , as a result they removed my offer for Romero who agreed terms with me, and most of all i couldn't bid to get the 50% of Berardi and Antei, i lost them for peanuts :(

Does anybody experienced that aswell ?

edit: i just had a the take over completed

I'm sure you can go back for Romero now you got tycoon owner :D

Unfortunately no, i couldn't make a move on the transfer windows till the 18th July, date where "i survived the take over", Romero is now a Real Madrid player :(

Currently finished my first season, got the 3rd spot behind Juve and Inter

The board is currently having a tycoon , as a result they removed my offer for Romero who agreed terms with me, and most of all i couldn't bid to get the 50% of Berardi and Antei, i lost them for peanuts :(

Does anybody experienced that aswell ?

edit: i just had a the take over completed

That's really unfortunate timing.. I guess you can buy him back though, with a tycoon supporting you. Did they put much into the club?

I'm in the 5th season now. I recon I'll stop with the updates now. I've only got Berardi and Sansone left of the original squad, and Sansone will likely be sold in a year or two.

Just wanted to post this image below. Fingers crossed he accepts the contract now. He had a very good season last year, but that's a FM-record for me!

BKV0DYh.png

That's really unfortunate timing.. I guess you can buy him back though, with a tycoon supporting you. Did they put much into the club?

I'm in the 5th season now. I recon I'll stop with the updates now. I've only got Berardi and Sansone left of the original squad, and Sansone will likely be sold in a year or two.

Just wanted to post this image below. Fingers crossed he accepts the contract now. He had a very good season last year, but that's a FM-record for me!

They "splashed" 9M into the squad, no cash put in the transfer windows and my main target are gone, great tycoon...

Great offer for Ferreyra btw !

Just started my third season, everything is going along nicely, we are in the Europa League and just won our first game away to Leverkusen in an exciting game.

Not a lot of money at the club, I have not really sold anyone at a high value as I am building the squad around the key players that were already there.

I am refusing some big bids for Zaza, he scored 27 goals in the league last season and just got his first cap for Italy, also refusing bids for Berardi and Vrsaljko, Vrsaljko has been player of the year the last 2 seasons.

The down side is because of a bug it looks like I could lose Sansone for nothing, he keeps saying he wants to sign a new contract but everytime I go to offer 1 his agent says he is not interested. :(

I signed Pereyra on a free and clubs like Real Madrid are now trying to buy him for around 25m, don't want to lose him though as he is fantastic through the middle.

Also signed a young CB named Mammana, he was only 19 and he was one I seen for the future, with injuries he played almost every game last season and his stats are going through the roof, already a leading player for Serie A and potential to be a star player in the future, not bad for 2.5m.

The chairman is looking to sell the club and I hope he does and we get someone inject some cash into the club.

I have good control over the finances but still only seeing 3m transfer budget for the season, I am 100k under the wage budget and the window just closed, I did secure some great talent on loan as back up to the team though.

Really enjoying the save, a shame about the situation surrounding Sansone though.

Anyway onward and upward.

Got called up for an interview to potentially take over the Bayern-job. They were hovering just above relegation with half their team 30+ on big wages. Seemed like a great challange. I didn't get it in the end, but the ordeal got me a little bit unsettled. Things are going very well.. a little too well, as it's getting boring. Have been checking the job security list since..

Anyways, then come the youth intake and I get this guy through

AucrVGU.png

l2f3axo.png

66Na2gV.png

No chance I'm leaving now!!! Potentially world class and a perfectionist!

Seems my penny pinching for the last 3 seasons just paid off.

I have kept the best players at the club and had to always bring in a few loan players as there was never that much to spend on new players.

I have just reached the winter break in my 3rd season, we are top of the league, 4 points clear of Juve and through to the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Better still the club has just been sold to a tycoon, he has pumped 72 million into the finances and is starting work on better facilities, even better still as soon as he took over he offered me a new contract.

Good times, still have 7 of the original squad, 5 of which are still first team regulars.

Seems my penny pinching for the last 3 seasons just paid off.

I have kept the best players at the club and had to always bring in a few loan players as there was never that much to spend on new players.

I have just reached the winter break in my 3rd season, we are top of the league, 4 points clear of Juve and through to the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Better still the club has just been sold to a tycoon, he has pumped 72 million into the finances and is starting work on better facilities, even better still as soon as he took over he offered me a new contract.

Good times, still have 7 of the original squad, 5 of which are still first team regulars.

So now both you, I, and Eple has had a takeover, no? Mine was a consortium, though. But still nice to have financial backing.

Archived