I know Maastricht, but you have to live with it, son!

Deisler26

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brand.gif

A.C Milan

End of Aug 2023 Transfer Window

Well...err... here I am. I played no competitive games for Milan. Only a tour to Japan was in the midst. I took Blind, Bergkamp and Xavi with me to Milan as they followed me out of the door at AZ. I was given a £4.1m warchest and a £1.5m wage budget with the proviso that I make the Champions League. Erm. OK..

----------------------

Transfers

Wow. By FAR the busiest transfer window I have ever had. Ever. The Milan squad was aging massively and it needed some surgery fast. That, combined with my love of home-grown talent, saw me perform radical surgery on the team!

I managed to sign a 36-year old Lionel Messi in what I thought was going to be his last season. He played a pre-season game, got a 7.1, and then promptly retired... WHAT?? At least, he got to Brodeur himself.. (reference for rancer890)

If you want any player I bought's stats, please ask! It's too time consuming to put them all up haha!

Transfers

I feel a bit like that in my current save in general. Always difficult to resist an offer from one of the Milan clubs too... Italy truly is FM heaven in my opinion!

Milan are a team close to my heart anyway, so the call was too much.

Well done on signing Messi even if it was just for one game, still at least you can say you had Messi. With that small warchest I am surprised at the business you managed to achieve it should pay-off though.

I had a lot of high-priced deadwood to dump, which helped

brand.gif

A.C Milan

End of Jan 2024 Transfer Window

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-28%20at%2008.10.43_zpsa5vcqfoc.png

- Table -

LegaSerieAlogoTIM_zpss4wbpwxp.png

We utterly stormed out of the blocks this year, finishing the window in 1st place in Serie A TIM. We dropped only 8 points in the whole first half of the season. A 7-3 spanking of Genoa CFC set the tone for the season and we didn't drop a point until our twelfth game. Great rival wins over Juventus (3-1) and FC Internazionale (1-0) put us in a solid position. 3 goals in three second half minutes saw us lead S.S Lazio 2-1, but a sending off midway through the half let them in to equalise late on and for us to drop our first points of the season! Our two defeats against AC Fiorentina & Hellas Verona were both 80+ min sucker punches. Both winning goals for them came when we were pressing and got beaten by a hoof up the field. Our Jan 31st win over A.S Roma was a nail biter, we went 2-0 up, then were pulled back to 2-2, when up stepped Alen Halilovic to curl a free-kick in, in the 93rd minute!! (I know the scorers are wrong, the game crashed and I had to replay it)

-----------

timcuplogo-2_zpso3tpklrh.jpg

In the TIM Coppa Italia, we faced Serie B opposition in the shape of Cesena. Young starlet Matteo Turini continued his meteoric rise from the youth team with a brace, along with two goals from Swedish talent Vlad Thorske in a 4-2 win. Next up was Serie A side, Udinese Calcio, who were brushed aside by 3 goals inside 15 minutes. A 91st minute penalty from Alen Halilovic just added to their misery

- Cup Run -

-----------

Europa_League_Logo_zpsy3wjtapn.png

We entered the Europa League at the Group Stages. Our opening match was a disgusting 0-1 defeat to Legia Warsaw of Poland. We battered them, and they scored on the break. Next, we put six past Slovan Liberec of the Czech Republic. 20 year old trequarista Pietro Capitelli netting 4 goals in a 6-1 win. We let a win slip from our grasp in the away match against Celtic of Scotland, but made up for that 2-2 draw with a good 4-2 win at home. Legia were dispatched 5-0, thanks to an Orlando Amoroso hat-trick. Our final game of the Group Stage saw us play a 17 year old debutant, striker Matteo Turini. And Turini turned in a performance for the ages, scoring an incredible FIVE goals as we trounced Liberec 7-1 to qualify for the Knockout Round as top of the group.

- Cup Run -

-----------

Transfers:

Incoming-wise we picked up two players on free's, AMLC Hunam Tariq & AMC Dino Halilovic. Next was a £7.5m move for MVV & AZ legend Sander de Jong, who had been put up for sale by Manchester City! Needless to say, I wasn't letting him go! Finally, on the theme of ex-players, I signed AZ midfielder Sven Jankulica for a whopping £30m from old club AZ Alkmaar.

I took it on myself to try to get younger and give the Italian youth a chance to make some headway into the team. So, out went goalie Richard Maldonado for £1.25m to Borussia Monchengladbach, right back Friday Ofere was sold to AC Parma for £1.6m and MC Melkeu Taufer went to Burnley FC for £3.7m, a £7m loss on what I paid for him.

Full back Mario Rizzo went to AFC Ajax Amsterdam for £2.7m and finally, AML/ST Lorenzo Granelli was sold to Genoa CFC for £7.25m.

brand.gif

A.C Milan

2023-24 Season Review

A valiant effort from us this season, just ultimately came up short as we finished 2nd in Serie A TIM, five points behind winners Juventus.

We stumbled a bit after the transfer window, only taking 6 points out of 12. A sucker-punch loss to AC Parma and a mystifying 2-5 loss to Cagliari put us well behind the 8-ball. We then proceeded to hit our stride, reeling off 8 wins in a row, including such demolitions of Juventus (4-1), FC Internazionale (3-0) & SSC Napoli (5-1).

This put us 4 points behind Juve with 4 games to go. But, disaster struck. Due to managing the squad through various cup competitions, my backups were beaten thoroughly, 1-3 away at Fiorentina Calcio. That, coupled with a Juve draw, meant that we had 5 points to make up in 3 games, a virtually impossible task and one rendered thoroughly moot by Juve winning their next game to take the title. So we pottered to the end of the season with a pair of 3-2 wins over Cittadella and Udinese Calcio, and a 3-0 win over Perugia.

Still, we managed to finish well and score over 100 goals in the season. Plus our Under-20's and Under-18's's sides won their respective leagues, proving that my investment in youth has paid off.

We also picked up some end-of-year silverware. Marzio Oretti won the Serie A Young Player Of The Year, Alen Halilovic won the Serie A Player of the Year, five players made it into the Serie A Team of the Year and I was honored by being compared to the greats..

- League Table - Results -

timcuplogo-2_zpso3tpklrh.jpg

We played rivals FC Internazionale in the TIM Coppa Italia Semi Finals and walked away with a brilliant 'home'; performance in a 5-3 first leg win, a Davide Lamorte double setting us up for a great advantage in the second leg. In the second leg however, we were stunned as Inter raced into a 0-3 HT lead. We were all at sea and looking to sink fast. A penalty within 5 minutes of the restart was gleefully smashed home by Sven Jankulica which put us back level on aggregate, but out on the away goals rule. Barely 3 minutes later, ex-MVV player Bernd Radojewski put Inter 4-1 up on the night and we were rocking again. However, a scuffed goal kick fell to De Jong and his dinked ball into Sven Jankulica saw him thrash the ball past the advancing keeper to put us back level on aggregate, but still behind on away goals. Then, on 70 minutes, a laser-guided ball from the space on the right of the centre circle by an under-pressure Davide Lamorte saw Orlando Amoroso outpace the defence, his first touch took him away from the keeper and he slotted the ball home calmly! 3-4 and we were ahead on aggregate, not to mention scoring the same amount of away goals!.

On 84 minutes however, the ref blew for his third penalty of the night, in favour of Inter. Their two-goal striker stepped up. My heart was in my mouth. Would we survive extra time? The ref blew and the striker began his run up. He firmly hit the penalty with his right foot, wide of Leali, no chance of stopping it. Right against the woodwork and, as it bounced out, we were able to clear. The whistle went 10 minutes later and we were able to celebrate a massive victory against our rivals!!

This put us in the Final against AS Roma. The game itself was a low-key affair from the first whistle, with neither team willing to assert themselves. However, the game was lit up on 39 minutes, when a cleared corner came to a Roma player, 30 yards out. He took one touch and unleashed a howitzer which flew inot the top corner. 0-1 Roma and we looked stunned. I was stunned. We were losing to a goal that would have graced any game. HT came and went and we looked to be more attacking. And, within 5 minutes of the restart, we were level as good interplay on the left between Mio and De Jong saw the full back whip in a dangerous cross. Amoroso missed it and took two defenders out of the game for Marzio Oretti to gleefully put it away at the far post! 1-1!. And we were back at it 15 minutes later, as a long, looping cross from deep, evaded everyone, including the keeper and bounced off the bar. Orlando Amoroso reacted quickest and headed it across goal where Marzio Oretti was again waiting at the far post to tuck it home! 2-1! We were fully in control at this point, so I shut the game down and rode it out to lift Milan's second TIM Coppa Italia in 3 years

- Cup Run -

Europa_League_Logo_zpsy3wjtapn.png

Our Europa League campaign saw us play Zenit St. Petersburg in the First Knockout Round. And they barely raised a whimper against us as we won 1-0 away in Russia, thanks to Matteo Turini's goal and then won at home 2-1, thanks to a Orlando Amoroso double.

In the Second Knockout Round, we faced Tottenham Hotspur, and it gave me great pleasure to beat them soundly over the two legs, winning 3-1 at home and 3-2 away. This lead me into another encounter with an English side, this time, it was Cardiff City. And it was all over in the first leg. Davide Lamorte scoring FOUR from the same place, using the same corner routine. Orlando Amoroso got the other goal. Second leg was a bit more tricky with caution being thrown to the wind as all 8 goals were scored before HT in a 4-4 draw.

We then faced SL Benfica in the Europa League Semi Finals and suffered a setback, away in the first leg, losing 2-3. Sander De Jong & Orlando Amoroso scoring our goals in a 3 minute second half burst. However, we kicked it up a gear at home and sealed our first ever Europa League Final visit with another 3 minute scoring burst in a 2-0 win.

This put us in the Final against Germany's Schalke 04. Despite giving up an early goal, Orlando Amoroso scored with 5 minutes remaining of the first half to send us into HT tied at 1 apiece. Then, Orlando Amoroso struck again, 5 minutes AFTER half time to put us 2-1 up. He then finished off his hat-trick in a devastating 20 min spell. A goal back for Schalke couldn't dampen the evening as Sander De Jong scored on 79 minutes to put the tie beyond Schalke and give us our first ever Europa League title!

- Europa League results -

---------------------------------

Manager's Thoughts

Am proud of our cup wins, a little bit miffed on losing out on the title and damn happy at the below items.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-05%20at%2007.24.59_zps3kzkxmh5.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-05%20at%2017.42.57_zpshidtv6kt.png

brand.gif

A.C Milan

End of Aug 2024 Transfer Window

Welcome to season 2. After rejecting both Bayern and Real, I headed into the new season with optimism. I was given a £12.17m warchest and a £2.33m wage budget, on the assurance that we would challenge for the title

I cleared my U-20's and U-19 managers, in order to try and make the appointments more organic and in keeping with my playing philosophy. My long-serving ass man, Danny Blind retired and I promoted from the ranks, by making Alessandro Del Piero my new ass man. Still awaiting managers for the other teams haha..

Just the Supercoppa Italia & the opening game of Lega Serie A TIM to report. First up was the Supercoppa against Juventus. And it was one of the worst performances we turned in for a long while. Half-hearted, lethargic, we were second best all round. We fell behind with five minutes to ply in the first half. The Juve striker picked up a long ball into the left-hand channel, cut inside the full back, knocked it past the central defender and curled a beautiful shot past Leali from the edge of the area. 0-1. Our response was muted, despite my encouragement from the sideline. And with five minutes to go, Juve doubled their lead. A chipped free-kick was headed down to the Juve winger, who hooked the ball high into the net. 0-2. And that was it.

Next up was the season curtain-raiser against U.S. Sassuolo. We started brightly and, on 18 minutes, a Sassuolo clearance was picked up by Sven Jankulica on the halfway line. He took a few steps forward and played it out to the right wing. Enzo Firrarello picked the ball up and arrowed a run to the byline. His stood-up cross was met by a bullet header from new signing Alex Teixeria. 1-0. We didn't have long to wait for the second as Teixeria picked the ball up on the right after a short corner on the left was worked round to him. He turned provider as his curling ball was met by a Pierluigi Lorini glancing header. The header flew beautifully into the far corner and we were 2-0 up.

Alex Teixeria was scaring the life out of the Sassuolo defence and his strong run was ended in the box by a rash tackle by a Sassuolo player, just a minute before half-time. The player walked for being the last man and a penalty was awarded. Alen Halilovic stepped up, but put the penalty against the post. Some intricate play on the right hand side of the box on 53 minutes saw Firrarello square the ball for Alex Teixeria to crash home his second of the game. 3-0. Five minutes later, a corner from the right was headed down by Teixeria. De Jong pounced on the knock down and laid it off for Sven Jankulica to smash the ball into the net from the penalty spot. 4-0. I then made a round of subsitutes that took the life out of the game. Even a late goal for the 10 man Sassuolo could dampen our spirits at our first win.

UEFA_Super_Cup_2013.png

We faced potential suitors for my services, Real Madrid, in our first UEFA Super Cup since 2007. Would I be justified in turning Madrid down? Or would they show I should have left. I vowed to attack them from the off and attack we did. Marzio Oretti danced into the penalty area on 9 minutes and was promptly brought down. Penalty! Alen Halilovic stepped up and lashed it high into the top right corner, beating the keeper before he had a chance to move. 1-0. Barely 10 minutes later, a foul around 30 yards out saw Alen Halilovic curl a terrific free-kick that beat the keeper all ends up before rebounding off the crossbar and down, perfectly into the path of Alberto Ciarrocchi who stabbed home to double our advantage. 2-0. Madrid seemed more bothered with fouling and disrupting the game than actually playing and we eventually ran out comfortable winners.

----------------------

Transfers

First up, we nabbed 18 year old Chinese player, AML Tian Xilong, on a free transfer, mainly as a source of extra income. We then saw Bosman signing D/WBR Igor Bartoletti arrive from Sampdoria. Next came Juventus striker, Alfredo Piscopo for the handsome fee of £22m. This seemed a little excessive for a replacement of an almost-irreplaceable striker. However, we had a 50% sell-on clause for him, so I managed to get £9m back for the deal. Versatile defender Enrico Posocco arrived for £4.1m from S.S Lazio. Head of Youth Development Xavi picked a youth striker from Cesena, Emanuele Ghetti. Next came the pair of AMC Emiliano Carnevale from Pescara Calcio for £3m & 17 year old central defender Roberto Fortunato for £4.5m from Empoli.

Finally, I made a big splash and signed Brazilian star striker Alex Teixeria from FC Porto for £36m. He was tearing up Portugal and, at first they wanted £106m for him!! But a little unsettling via the press and the lure of Champions League football meant that I was able to get a deal done!

Selling-wise, I had a monster £45m bid for Orlando Amoroso from Paris Saint-Germain and, as much as I wanted to keep him, it was silly money. So he headed off. As did Hunam Tariq. The Iraqi free agent last year fetched £400k from Viktoria Pizen.

- Transfers -

Archived